Androgel 1.62% Review/Feedback

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say the rush occurs apprx 10 to 15 minutes after application. I'm only on 2 pumps (to start).

I wonder is taking Niacin a few minutes before applying the Androgel might further increase assimilation??? I have not researched this.

Jamesbgck

Awards
Quick question about you all are using Phlojel. I've been using the generic Androgel 1.62% at 3 pumps a day for about a week. It's been OK, but not spectacular. I just got some Phlojel and want try that to see if it increases absorption. Do you recommend that I apply the Androgel like I normally would and then apply the Phlojel? If so, how long do I wait before adding the Phlojel and how much of it do I apply after the Androgel? Also, does the Phlojel dry fairly quickly or do I have to wait a while before I can get dressed?

Any thoughts on the generic Androgel? Seems good, but I don't have anything to compare it to (I have a script, but the generic is A LOT cheaper).

Thanks for help, guys!

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I would say the rush occurs apprx 10 to 15 minutes after application. I'm only on 2 pumps (to start).

I wonder is taking Niacin a few minutes before applying the Androgel might further increase assimilation??? I have not researched this.
Quite possible. Niacin dilates blood vessels about 10 -15 minutes after ingestion and creates a sensation of warmth, called a "niacin flush." This increases blood flow throughout the body. It is also hard on the liver.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Quick question about you all are using Phlojel. I've been using the generic Androgel 1.62% at 3 pumps a day for about a week. It's been OK, but not spectacular. I just got some Phlojel and want try that to see if it increases absorption. Do you recommend that I apply the Androgel like I normally would and then apply the Phlojel? If so, how long do I wait before adding the Phlojel and how much of it do I apply after the Androgel? Also, does the Phlojel dry fairly quickly or do I have to wait a while before I can get dressed?

Any thoughts on the generic Androgel? Seems good, but I don't have anything to compare it to (I have a script, but the generic is A LOT cheaper).

Thanks for help, guys!
I don't have script insurance so generic is the only thing I can afford. I apply Phlogel after applying the Androgel. I'm also on three pumps/day but I think I'll increase to four.

svida

Awards
  • Established
OK folks, I have some updates since I originally posted this thread and would appreciate some feedback. When I first started using Androgel 1.62%, I would take a hot shower and immediately after drying off I would apply 4 pumps, which were one pump on each pectoral, and one on each shoulder. After a few minutes when it would dry, I would apply a thin layer of Pholgel Ultra which would dry rather quickly on top of the Androgel. In about an hour or two I pretty much always have felt a pump in my arms which is how I definitely knew it was kicking in. I took a blood test after hour 3 or 4 and my total T was around 1200ng/dl (scale of 241-827), Free T was 294 PG/ML (scale of 35-180), and T Free % was 2.5 (scale of 1.0-2.7).

I then started to experiment and apply the 4 morning pumps without a shower, and still apply the Phlogel Ultra. I would apply one pump to each pectoral, wait a few minutes, apply another pump to each pectoral on top of the first layer, and then apply the Phlogel Ultra on top after drying. I also added another 2 pumps in the late afternoon, with one pump to each pectoral along with Phlogel Ultra on top after drying. This was a total of 6 pumps per day and when I had my Total-T tested in the morning, it dropped to about 800ng/dl!

My next experiment was to apply the total 6 morning pumps without a shower, and still apply the Phlogel Ultra. I would apply one pump to each pectoral, wait a few minutes, apply another pump to each pectoral on top of the first layer, wait a few minutes, apply another pump to each pectoral on top of the first layer, and then apply the Phlogel Ultra on top after drying. This was still a total of 6 pumps per day and when I had my Total-T tested last week again at the exact same time of day in the morning, my total T was now down to 620ng/dl (scale of 241-827), Free T was 139 PG/ML (scale of 35-180), and T Free % was 2.3 (scale of 1.0-2.7).

So my theory is either the hot shower was definitely helping the Androgel+Phlogel penetrate the skin, and it is ESSENTIAL to apply each pump to unique areas of the upper body each day, and do not overlay a pump over a previous application area in the same day. Something is definitely not working as it was originally and this is my best guess! I've also read that as you increase more pumps of Androgel and DHT rises, it can actually lower your total T.

In addition, this last blood test I had my Estradiol measured and it is at 88.3 PG/ML, which I believe is very high. My PSA is extremely low and all other bloodwork is within range for my lipid profile. I am switching back to my original method of using applying the original 4 pumps to unique areas with the Androgel, and getting re-tested again in a few weeks. BTW, I have read in many sources that apply moisturizing lotion on top of Androgel increases absorption up to 13%, and I believe pre-treating the application area with an light exfoliation brush in the shower may also improve results.

Any feedback?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the info & your experience man. Yes, applying post hot shower is a must. Try rotating your application sites up. Try areas where you have thinner skin eg. Inner thighs, inner arms, on top of feet, behind the knees, etc.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
daaaammnnn.........I was wondering if my twice per day application on the traps/delts/upper arms was hindering absorption....I guess rotate the sites to 100% different areas morning and night. Only bad part is that sometimes I apply the next morning and don't shower until later afternoon, so that is oftentimes 3 applications before showering again....I guess rotate a third time lol. But shoulders are such a great area to apply on.....

I guess this is why my estradiol is always so high....twice daily applications of androgel must be causing it. That sucks if its true. I also notice a lot of fluctuation in test #'s despite taking my labs at the same time and applying the same amounts the same time the previous night. I think its just hit or miss with the application, but yeah after a shower is best...I do believe that depending on how sweaty you get etc. has a bearing on the permeability of your skin as well and affects how much androgel gets absorbed...in other words there are more factors than just clean skin. But clean skin is ideal of course. Lot to think about here :D

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sites I rotate between are: shoulders, traps, inner thighs, inner arms, on top of feet and behind the knees.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just a thought - even though some are using Androgel w/o a prior shower, it would still be possible to prep the area by washing it vigorously with a "wow, is that hot" washcloth, no?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
^^^If I couldn't get a shower in I would definitely go that route.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
OK folks, I have some updates since I originally posted this thread and would appreciate some feedback. When I first started using Androgel 1.62%, I would take a hot shower and immediately after drying off I would apply 4 pumps, which were one pump on each pectoral, and one on each shoulder. After a few minutes when it would dry, I would apply a thin layer of Pholgel Ultra which would dry rather quickly on top of the Androgel. In about an hour or two I pretty much always have felt a pump in my arms which is how I definitely knew it was kicking in. I took a blood test after hour 3 or 4 and my total T was around 1200ng/dl (scale of 241-827), Free T was 294 PG/ML (scale of 35-180), and T Free % was 2.5 (scale of 1.0-2.7).

I then started to experiment and apply the 4 morning pumps without a shower, and still apply the Phlogel Ultra. I would apply one pump to each pectoral, wait a few minutes, apply another pump to each pectoral on top of the first layer, and then apply the Phlogel Ultra on top after drying. I also added another 2 pumps in the late afternoon, with one pump to each pectoral along with Phlogel Ultra on top after drying. This was a total of 6 pumps per day and when I had my Total-T tested in the morning, it dropped to about 800ng/dl!

My next experiment was to apply the total 6 morning pumps without a shower, and still apply the Phlogel Ultra. I would apply one pump to each pectoral, wait a few minutes, apply another pump to each pectoral on top of the first layer, wait a few minutes, apply another pump to each pectoral on top of the first layer, and then apply the Phlogel Ultra on top after drying. This was still a total of 6 pumps per day and when I had my Total-T tested last week again at the exact same time of day in the morning, my total T was now down to 620ng/dl (scale of 241-827), Free T was 139 PG/ML (scale of 35-180), and T Free % was 2.3 (scale of 1.0-2.7).

So my theory is either the hot shower was definitely helping the Androgel+Phlogel penetrate the skin, and it is ESSENTIAL to apply each pump to unique areas of the upper body each day, and do not overlay a pump over a previous application area in the same day. Something is definitely not working as it was originally and this is my best guess! I've also read that as you increase more pumps of Androgel and DHT rises, it can actually lower your total T.

In addition, this last blood test I had my Estradiol measured and it is at 88.3 PG/ML, which I believe is very high. My PSA is extremely low and all other bloodwork is within range for my lipid profile. I am switching back to my original method of using applying the original 4 pumps to unique areas with the Androgel, and getting re-tested again in a few weeks. BTW, I have read in many sources that apply moisturizing lotion on top of Androgel increases absorption up to 13%, and I believe pre-treating the application area with an light exfoliation brush in the shower may also improve results.

Any feedback?
Great feedback. I shower at night but apply Androgel+Phlogel in the morning. This reduces the possibility of transference. I usually exercise in the evening and need a shower before bed. I know you have to rotate application sites as the skin becomes saturated. Think if it like a sponge, it can only hold so much. It usually takes about 24 hours to clear from what I've read. So theoretically, you could apply it to the same area on a daily basis. But I'm sure that rotating sites EOD is better.

svida

Awards
  • Established
I think your hot shower is temporarily expanding the pores on the skin to further increase absorption, so you'd want to take advantage of this timing window immediately after drying off. Another good option is immediately after leaving a steam room. I'm very convinced that you will hinder absorption if you re-apply on the same exact site without waiting at least a day. I'll let you know the results of my next test later this month.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
The underarm is a great application site. It is also a very sensitive area. Has anyone tried mixing Androgel with Phlogel and applying to the underarm area?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't know that it would work, but - possibly- microwaving the Phlojel might increase its absorption. Its just a guess.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I've discussed my situation with my doc and we are going to 4 pumps of 1.62 daily + Phlogel and see what happens. If this doesn't get my T levels into the 600 - 700 range we will opt for shots. I can tell that I already feel more energetic with this new protocol. Let's hope. I would go to 6 pumps if necessary but that makes Androgel a pretty expensive option. In order to avoid the possibility of transference everything must be applied in the morning. Splitting doses may have benefits, I'm not sure.

svida

Awards
  • Established
I had my follow-up meeting with my doctor today and we're trying to tackle my high Estradiol that was last recorded at 88.3 PG/ML, which was when I was using 6 pumps/day in the morning + Phlogel Ultra. The upper boundary for my test was 40PG/ML so my E2 is over double the limit. I haven't had any high estrogen symptoms such as bloating, sore nips, etc. I may have been spiking my T too high which has increased the E2.

I've gone back to my original successful method of applying 4 pumps in the morning immediately after a hot shower, evenly distributed over my upper back, shoulders, and chest, followed by a thin layer of Phlogel Ultra. In just the past few days, I've already noticed a significant change in how much better I feel and an even stronger pump all day long. I'm going in for a follow-up estradiol and total T blood test in a few weeks. If my estradiol is not back within range, I'm going to spread out the 4 pumps and apply 2 pumps to the back & shoulders in the AM, and then 2 pumps to the upper arms & pecs in the afternoon. Does anyone have any other recommendations on how to reduce estradiol? Besides elevated E2, everything else is awesome with my bloodwork and my PSA is unchanged. My strength and endurance is amazing in the gym, Alpha male and libido are well above normal, I've dropped about 12lbs of fat in 5 months, reduced BF% at least a few percentages to 12%, and am getting pretty damn cut! It really surprises me how much better I can look at 198lbs with lower body fat compared to about 225lbs a year ago.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Yeah I fear our beloved androgel is responsible for our elevated estradiol....esp the twice a day protocol I suppose. Too much of a coincidence that so many androgel people get retarded high estradiol results. Not sure what to do about it, I've been running two pumps of formeron per day (split dosage 1 pump morning and 1 pump night) with phlojel....maybe this will be enough to combat it? might need an industrial strength AI like letro at low doses daily...ugh...

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I've discussed my situation with my doc and we are going to 4 pumps of 1.62 daily + Phlogel and see what happens. If this doesn't get my T levels into the 600 - 700 range we will opt for shots. I can tell that I already feel more energetic with this new protocol. Let's hope. I would go to 6 pumps if necessary but that makes Androgel a pretty expensive option. In order to avoid the possibility of transference everything must be applied in the morning. Splitting doses may have benefits, I'm not sure.
You will be 6-700's no doubt, esp with the addition of phlojel...probably could have gotten there w/o the jel....I know I got to 687 with no phlojel on 8 pumps of 1% androgel (equivalent to about 5 or so pumps of 1.62%). But I was a slow responder at first....now I usually get high results as opposed to lower like in my first 6 months or so of TRT.

Reactions: BBB

svida

Awards
  • Established
I also reached between 500-600 total T with 4 pumps of Androgel daily alone, with no DMSO nor Phlogel Ultra. I was reading through the full Prescribing Information guide on Androgel's website (http://www.rxabbvie.com/pdf/androgel1_62_PI.pdf) and if you search on Estradiol, you'll only read a statement "The mean estradiol and DHT concentration profiles paralleled the changes observed in testosterone." They graph the short-term and long-term ranges of testosterone levels using Androgel vs. Placebo, though they don't disclose any fluctuations in estrogen. I've also seen quite a trend of Androgel reviews of elevated E2, which are a heck of alot higher than my 88.3 PG/ML using 6 pumps/daily. Perhaps as I reduce back to 4 pumps it will be reduced. I've also read about Diindolylmethane, or DIM which will reduce E2. Has anyone tried this? Any side effects?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
FWIW – and I DO NOT know if this will help me (or you), but I am following this self-prescribed supplement plan intended to reduce estrogen dominance:

Zinc
DIM
I3C
Quercetin
Stinging Nettle Extract
Vitamin A
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Selenium
Muira Puama

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Holy smokes - today I did the usual routine (applied Androgel to shoulder/clavicle area) and then applied a drop to the top of each foot. As usual, I rubbed the crap out of all application sites. Then I came back a few minutes later and applied the Phlojel.

The only other differences were (1) today being a weekend I waited to put on a T-Shirt, and (2) about an hour before applying the Androgel I had my pre-workout drink (potassium nitrate, ALCAR, choline, citrulline malate, sodium bicarbonate, agmatine, Vit C, and NAC).

Well today's rush was incredible, and I am sweating like a pig.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Holy smokes - today I did the usual routine (applied Androgel to shoulder/clavicle area) and then applied a drop to the top of each foot. As usual, I rubbed the crap out of all application sites. Then I came back a few minutes later and applied the Phlojel.

The only other differences were (1) today being a weekend I waited to put on a T-Shirt, and (2) about an hour before applying the Androgel I had my pre-workout drink (potassium nitrate, ALCAR, choline, citrulline malate, sodium bicarbonate, agmatine, Vit C, and NAC).

Well today's rush was incredible, and I am sweating like a pig.
I just started using tops of feet again today lol :D I am bumping from 10 to 12 pumps for this epi cycle I'm on (say 6 weeks, or actually the final 4 weeks)...may bump to 14 per day....anyways, I needed extra application spots so I did one pump split between tops of feet, one pump each side of upper groin area, one pump each shoulder/upper arm area, and one pump on the upper chest. Then at night I will do one pump each shoulder/upper arm area, 2 pumps in the actual groin area between legs, and one pump under each underarm. Instead of serpentine serpentine, its rotate rotate lol. BTW, I feel absolutely NOTHING from any amount of androgel or formeron or any other topical....so not sure what that means....

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just started using tops of feet again today lol :D I am bumping from 10 to 12 pumps for this epi cycle I'm on (say 6 weeks, or actually the final 4 weeks)...may bump to 14 per day....anyways, I needed extra application spots so I did one pump split between tops of feet, one pump each side of upper groin area, one pump each shoulder/upper arm area, and one pump on the upper chest. Then at night I will do one pump each shoulder/upper arm area, 2 pumps in the actual groin area between legs, and one pump under each underarm. Instead of serpentine serpentine, its rotate rotate lol. BTW, I feel absolutely NOTHING from any amount of androgel or formeron or any other topical....so not sure what that means....
I am not sure if it was the vasodilation from the CM, Agmatine and potassium nitrate - but whatever it was - it was really something.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am not sure if it was the vasodilation from the CM, Agmatine and potassium nitrate - but whatever it was - it was really something.
Probably, the extra testosterone boost combined with the said ingredients making a nice synergistic effect. Which would make for a good workout along with a great pump.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Probably, the extra testosterone boost combined with the said ingredients making a nice synergistic effect. Which would make for a good workout along with a great pump.
I followed David Dunn's pre-workout formulation (mine is very similar, but about half as much potassium nitrate, to start), and it is amazing - and inexpensive.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I too use very similar ingredients pre-workout. I also take a quality pre-workout supp but always add a little extra of the said ingredients.
Pre-workout supps I like: Enhanced, RPM and Uncut are my favorites, but I also like creating my own from time to time.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I had my follow-up meeting with my doctor today and we're trying to tackle my high Estradiol that was last recorded at 88.3 PG/ML, which was when I was using 6 pumps/day in the morning + Phlogel Ultra. The upper boundary for my test was 40PG/ML so my E2 is over double the limit. I haven't had any high estrogen symptoms such as bloating, sore nips, etc. I may have been spiking my T too high which has increased the E2.

I've gone back to my original successful method of applying 4 pumps in the morning immediately after a hot shower, evenly distributed over my upper back, shoulders, and chest, followed by a thin layer of Phlogel Ultra. In just the past few days, I've already noticed a significant change in how much better I feel and an even stronger pump all day long. I'm going in for a follow-up estradiol and total T blood test in a few weeks. If my estradiol is not back within range, I'm going to spread out the 4 pumps and apply 2 pumps to the back & shoulders in the AM, and then 2 pumps to the upper arms & pecs in the afternoon. Does anyone have any other recommendations on how to reduce estradiol? Besides elevated E2, everything else is awesome with my bloodwork and my PSA is unchanged. My strength and endurance is amazing in the gym, Alpha male and libido are well above normal, I've dropped about 12lbs of fat in 5 months, reduced BF% at least a few percentages to 12%, and am getting pretty damn cut! It really surprises me how much better I can look at 198lbs with lower body fat compared to about 225lbs a year ago.[/QUOTE

If you look at my last post you will notice my E2 levels were 6.9 ng/dl, well below normal. There are two proven ways to lower E2. I3C selectively lowers E2. I prefer I3C over DIM simply because science supports I3C moreso than DIM. Secondly is formestane which I use regularly. Formestane lowers all forms of estrogen and can cause low estro sides if not used properly.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on lean bulking cycle. 2 ml of Treazone and four pumps of Androgel + Phlogel. I just finished my second week on this protocol and have already noticed strength increases and increased vascularity. Several people have commented on my increase in vascularity. Thus far I haven't noticed and additional bulk but I'm on a maintenance diet. Energy levels are much improved and libido is very high. I will probably stay on this cycle a couple more weeks before ending the Trenazone and then checking my T levels on four pumps of Androgel + Phlogel to see where I'm at.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
As a newby to Androgel I appreciate all the great feedback you guys have provided.

P.S. can anyone tell me how may oz of liquid in a bottle of Androgel. I can't find this information anywhere.

rad1027

Awards
As a newby to Androgel I appreciate all the great feedback you guys have provided.

P.S. can anyone tell me how may oz of liquid in a bottle of Androgel. I can't find this information anywhere.
I believe it's measured in grams and its 88 g. I don't have the bottle in front of me now.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
88 grams = 3.2 oz. That sounds about right. Thanks.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A quick update - today I took 1 Forskolin 95, two 3,3' dilodo-l-thyrosine, and one rauwolfia serpentina, then an hour later - my pre-workout drink, then 15 minutes of stationary bike, then shower, then Androgel.

Great Mother of Earth.

The rush I felt was astonishing.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
A quick update - today I took 1 Forskolin 95, two 3,3' dilodo-l-thyrosine, and one rauwolfia serpentina, then an hour later - my pre-workout drink, then 15 minutes of stationary bike, then shower, then Androgel.

Great Mother of Earth.

The rush I felt was astonishing.
I gotta watch my heart rate nowadays or I'd try it. I used to abuse ephedrine caffeine yohimbe and clen when i was younger though that is for sure....quite a rush you get from these stims. I do use ABE a lot which has forskolin in it....doesn't give me a stim effect...at least not one that i notice.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I gotta watch my heart rate nowadays or I'd try it. I used to abuse ephedrine caffeine yohimbe and clen when i was younger though that is for sure....quite a rush you get from these stims. I do use ABE a lot which has forskolin in it....doesn't give me a stim effect...at least not one that i notice.
That is the reason I use rauwolfia serpentina rather than regular Yohimbine,

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Phlogel to enhance absorption of androgel. This stuff is really thick, like jello. When I shower at night I still have a lotion like slim from the Phlogel on my skin. I don't think my system is absorbing the Phlogel. I think this stuff is for compounding and needs to be diluted. What are your experiences with this stuff? I'm thinking of switching to DSMO.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't have this issue with the Phlojel Ultra. I'm mot sure if the Ultra is of different consistency, but I also just apply a thin layer over where I apply my T gel. It has been working well for me.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've been using Phlogel to enhance absorption of androgel. This stuff is really thick, like jello. When I shower at night I still have a lotion like slim from the Phlogel on my skin. I don't think my system is absorbing the Phlogel. I think this stuff is for compounding and needs to be diluted. What are your experiences with this stuff? I'm thinking of switching to DSMO.
After I apply Phlojel, I just rub the heck out of it. It assimilates into the skin w/ almost nothing left. I do the same w/ Androgel.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I don't have this issue with the Phlojel Ultra. I'm mot sure if the Ultra is of different consistency, but I also just apply a thin layer over where I apply my T gel. It has been working well for me.
How much do you think it improves absorbtion? In other words, does it double T levels on androgel?

I like to apply Phlogel pre-workout. It makes my skin shine and makes my muscles look bigger. I need all the help I can get.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How much do you think it improves absorbtion? In other words, does it double T levels on androgel?

I like to apply Phlogel pre-workout. It makes my skin shine and makes my muscles look bigger. I need all the help I can get.
Phlojel Ultra definitely works for me, but it won't double your T levels. For instance, I have been on Tgel for a little over a year and my T levels always came back in the mid 400s (initial T was at 230 crazy low). Now for the past 3 months or so the my t numbers have been coming back as 680 and 720 and the only thing I have changed is adding a thin layer of Phlojel Ultra to the Tgel. I do notice a good boost from it both physically & in my bloodwork.

I think you are wasting a lot of the Phlojel by lathering your self with it pre-workout in areas that do not have Tgel on it. Only apply and rub in to areas that have the Tgel on them. Also, possible try out the Phlojel Ultra next time you order.

Good luck bro!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Phlojel Ultra definitely works for me, but it won't double your T levels. For instance, I have been on Tgel for a little over a year and my T levels always came back in the mid 400s (initial T was at 230 crazy low). Now for the past 3 months or so the my t numbers have been coming back as 680 and 720 and the only thing I have changed is adding a thin layer of Phlojel Ultra to the Tgel. I do notice a good boost from it both physically & in my bloodwork.

I think you are wasting a lot of the Phlojel by lathering your self with it pre-workout in areas that do not have Tgel on it. Only apply and rub in to areas that have the Tgel on them. Also, possible try out the Phlojel Ultra next time you order.

Good luck bro!
BTW - I am using Phlojel Ultra as well.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established

Good luck bro!
I'm using Phlogel Ultra. At two pumps of androgel my T levels were at 183. My doc increased my dosage to four pumps. I'm expecting my T levels to be somewhere between 350-400 without Phlogel. With Phlogel I was hoping for 600-700. Do you think this is realistic?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Yeah me neither....no issues with slimy residue or anything...but it does gloss up the area you apply it on lol. Sometimes there is minor buildup leftover....but very little.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm using Phlogel Ultra. At two pumps of androgel my T levels were at 183. My doc increased my dosage to four pumps. I'm expecting my T levels to be somewhere between 350-400 without Phlogel. With Phlogel I was hoping for 600-700. Do you think this is realistic?
Yes, I think that is a realistic goal.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Boy, do I hope you are correct.
Yeah why not? To go from T levels of 400 to 600. That is realistic. I seemed to increase my absorption levels by similar numbers with Phlojel Ultra. If applied correctly it should also work for you.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah why not? To go from T levels of 400 to 600. That is realistic. I seemed to increase my absorption levels by similar numbers with Phlojel Ultra. If applied correctly it should also work for you.
I am so new to this (first month) and I am REALLY hoping for an increase in T.

I miss being the old me.

svida

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see some more data on bloodwork before using Phlogel and after using Phlogel. I've personally seen my t-levels double from 600 to 1200 just from applying a thin layer of Phlogel Ultra after applying Androgel. I'm getting ready here in a few weeks to take another blood sample using 4/pumps of Androgel spread out on my chest, upper arms and back.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently running 4 pumps with Phlogel Ultra. I will be doing bloods next week. It will be interesting to compare results.

jrv1939

jrv1939

Awards
A few months ago, I took my first total testosterone test and my results were 410ng/dl which I believe is quite low considering I'm 43yrs old. In the past I've taken PHs but haven't cycled in about a year. My doctor gave me a prescription for Androgel 1.62% @ 2 pumps/day, and my test results after 30 days dropped to 240ng/dl. He increased my dosage to 4 pumps/day and after another 30 days, my total testosterone is now up to 591ng/dl which is where we predicted I would be at that dosage. Ideally I'd like to bump up to the 800-1000 range if possible long term. Does anyone have any advice on how to further increase the absorption rate? I apply the gel after a hot shower in the morning which I've heard does help a bit. I've seen some folks try to apply Androgel with DMSO, or apply body lotion afterwards to help in absorption. Would I apply the DMSO prior to Androgel, afterwards, or both? I also apply the gel to fresh shaven or thin areas of the skin such as under the arms, or around the inner thighs. Another option would be to increase the dosage to 6 or 8 pumps/day, and perhaps spread out the dosage for a morning and afternoon dosage. In order to do this, I'd have to order some supplemental generic gel from Androrxshop which does use 10% DMSO in their solution, since my insurance only covers the maximum of 4 pumps/day. So far I really like the product and I've seen quite noticeable improvements in libido, fat loss, and minor muscle gains. The only side effects I've noticed was after the first week or two, I had minor sensitivity in the nipples which was only temporary. Right now there is an Androgel "Restoration Program" which fully pays for the prescription for the 1st year, so I haven't paid anything whatsoever for this gel. Any tips or feedback would be appreciated Thanks!
My T levels jumped from 150 to 600+ with the generic testosterone gel I got from androxrxshop. Just saying. How has your xperience been with androrxshop. They also offer a new 3.24% for those who do more pumps per day. I dig it.