Anabeta and hunger while on IF

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Posted it on the IF thread but didn't get much feedback, so sorry about yet another Anabeta thread.

I never had any issues with not being hungry doing the IF routine. Let's just put that one out there. But now taking Anabeta it gets to 10:30 - 11am and I am STARVING. Mind you, I usually do not eat until 1PM, which makes these few hours very very long and hard to get used to, just drive me insane.

Thoughts on this or how to get away with it? I drink coffee - black - and tons of water, but that doesn't necessarily help the hunger. It's like a god damn vampire in need of blood! And not the g#y a$$ **** like Twilight, we're talking Blade hunger here.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its an anabolic man! When your body is anabolic it demands food. The goal is feed towards your goals, we can't repeat it enough. Just keep eating lean...protein, BCAAs, etc if you are concerned with the hunger. Nothing wrong with gaining lean mass am I right?

To anyone who has seen the movie Ride of the Footsoldier...its like when he starts taking steroids and is so hungry he eats baby food throughout the day. Body is demanding nutrients to grow

SixandaHalf

SixandaHalf

Awards
Do IF and a hunger increasing product like Anabeta really mix well? I wouldn't think they go hand in hand.

Just curious. What are your goals?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blade hunger FTW!

How many capsules do you take before your 1pm meal?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Blade hunger FTW!

How many capsules do you take before your 1pm meal?
Curiously enough, none... When I started noticing this I stopped completely taking my morning cap; I take one at lunch (noon, as I'm driving home), 2 pre workout, 1 post workout. Seriously, today I got home and I opened a full can of asparagus. I started cooking some lean steak, must've had close to 2lbs of steak cooking, I literally could not wait for the meal to get ready and downed the can of asparagus before the steak was even done!

And then proceeded to eat the full serving of beef.

I take ~- 8 - 12g of BCAA in the morning before I break fast.

My goals are to go on a recomp, perhaps diminish a bit of BF as this will be a PCT for a Katanadrol cycle in which I ended up putting more lean mass than actually burning a whole lot of fat (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/203129-katanadrol-feedback-need.html). It will be run with the good ol' Erase, DAA, Nolva and a couple of other goodies. I decided to pre-load Anabeta a bit as I had some of the old version laying around.

And hence my question, IDK if it goes hand in hand with Intermittent Fasting, but I highly appreciate this diet thus far, therefore asking for some input to see if anyone has found ways around this whilst still utilizing Anabeta.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curiously enough, none... When I started noticing this I stopped completely taking my morning cap; I take one at lunch (noon, as I'm driving home), 2 pre workout, 1 post workout. Seriously, today I got home and I opened a full can of asparagus. I started cooking some lean steak, must've had close to 2lbs of steak cooking, I literally could not wait for the meal to get ready and downed the can of asparagus before the steak was even done!

And then proceeded to eat the full serving of beef.

I take ~- 8 - 12g of BCAA in the morning before I break fast.

My goals are to go on a recomp, perhaps diminish a bit of BF as this will be a PCT for a Katanadrol cycle in which I ended up putting more lean mass than actually burning a whole lot of fat (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/203129-katanadrol-feedback-need.html). It will be run with the good ol' Erase, DAA, Nolva and a couple of other goodies. I decided to pre-load Anabeta a bit as I had some of the old version laying around.

And hence my question, IDK if it goes hand in hand with Intermittent Fasting, but I highly appreciate this diet thus far, therefore asking for some input to see if anyone has found ways around this whilst still utilizing Anabeta.
Typically it goes well because it assists in eating all of your calories in such a small time frame. I'm not sure why you're having such horrible hunger pangs.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could never do IF. I would eat my arm off especially on Anabeta.. No disrespect to that homeless dude in Miami that had his face eaten off

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it helps me eat everything in one sitting, no questions, wish it would wait until noon to start giving me all those cravings, though! lol.

Didn't know if anyone had any tips on how to control it. I even thought about taking an appetite suppressant for the early part of the day.

J19891

J19891

Awards
Its an anabolic man! When your body is anabolic it demands food. The goal is feed towards your goals, we can't repeat it enough. Just keep eating lean...protein, BCAAs, etc if you are concerned with the hunger. Nothing wrong with gaining lean mass am I right?

To anyone who has seen the movie Ride of the Footsoldier...its like when he starts taking steroids and is so hungry he eats baby food throughout the day. Body is demanding nutrients to grow
Agreed. A lot of people are concerned about screwing their diets up on anabeta, but they dont realize that since the increased hunger is a product of increased protein synthesis, it's going to be directly proportional to anabeta's anabolic effects.

Nothing wrong with upping your serving sizes a bit to compensate, you're doing yourself a favor actually.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
I would assume Anabeta would compliment IF well as, from what I've read, Anabeta increases nutrient absorption. I see this as a key factor since an IF protocol allows for a small(ish) window for a lot of calories.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The first time I used AnaBeta my appetite went through the roof. That said, I had my appetite under control every time I have used AnaBeta after that. I use the 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window re Lean Gains protocol and have no problems using AnaBeta with that. I recommend just having bigger meals when you have them, or make sure you are supplementing with BCAAs every ~2 hours during your fasting period.

~Rosie~

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Until recently I was on IF and Anabeta, I didn't have any real issues with hunger. It made me crave carbs, but I still could wait until 1 to eat them.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

This. Just break IF protocol. You realize it has no demonstrated body composition benefits, correct? It's just a mode of eating that suits individual preferences. If it doesn't suit your way of life, change it. Absolutely nothing wrong with psuedo-IFing.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
This. Just break IF protocol. You realize it has no demonstrated body composition benefits, correct? It's just a mode of eating that suits individual preferences. If it doesn't suit your way of life, change it. Absolutely nothing wrong with psuedo-IFing.
Wouldn't say it hasn't demonstrated body composition benefits, no. It also has allowed me to eat much more of what I like and binge instead of having the smaller meals throughout the day. I have loved the diet so far and it fits my lifestyle much better than any other diet I've ever tried (i.e. I get to get a few more hours of cardio a day in the morning, since I no longer have to eat and cook breakfast, something I used to struggle with. It also allows me to sleep more and get more rest on a day to day basis).

Body composition has improved and my overall workout has as well.

My main question wasn't so much in regards to the diet, but asking for tips from other people who are also doing IF and have taken anabeta, if they have found ways to not feel so hungry. I don't mind the hunger when it is time to eat, it just makes me eat like a beast when it comes to my first meal of the day, but the first few hours (from 5:30am - 12:00PM) it can be annoying at times. Been trying to trick it with diet soda as well as chewing gum, but it is only a bit effective, just wondering if there are other opinions out there.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Wouldn't say it hasn't demonstrated body composition benefits, no. It also has allowed me to eat much more of what I like and binge instead of having the smaller meals throughout the day. I have loved the diet so far and it fits my lifestyle much better than any other diet I've ever tried (i.e. I get to get a few more hours of cardio a day in the morning, since I no longer have to eat and cook breakfast, something I used to struggle with. It also allows me to sleep more and get more rest on a day to day basis).

Body composition has improved and my overall workout has as well.

My main question wasn't so much in regards to the diet, but asking for tips from other people who are also doing IF and have taken anabeta, if they have found ways to not feel so hungry. I don't mind the hunger when it is time to eat, it just makes me eat like a beast when it comes to my first meal of the day, but the first few hours (from 5:30am - 12:00PM) it can be annoying at times. Been trying to trick it with diet soda as well as chewing gum, but it is only a bit effective, just wondering if there are other opinions out there.
I would say that there are no demonstrated body composition benefits, because there aren't. There is literature on improvements in insulin sensitivity and appetite, but it's a give and take process and there are "cons" to such an eating style as well. The reality of the matter is that there is no evidence showing IF > any other eating method for body composition. Given that the vast majority of nutritional studies render meal timing irrelevant for body composition (outside of some form of periworkout nutrition in SOME studies, none in others), it is not an unreasonable extrapolation to conclude that this phenomenon applies to the "extremes" of meal timing as well. What you are likely experiencing is improved workouts because your adrenergic response to exercise isn't blunted by post-absorptive insulin levels.

I know your question wasn't with respect to diet, but why make yourself suffer when you could simply eat 2 hours earlier?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I would say that there are no demonstrated body composition benefits, because there aren't. There is literature on improvements in insulin sensitivity and appetite, but it's a give and take process and there are "cons" to such an eating style as well. The reality of the matter is that there is no evidence showing IF > any other eating method for body composition. Given that the vast majority of nutritional studies render meal timing irrelevant for body composition (outside of some form of periworkout nutrition in SOME studies, none in others), it is not an unreasonable extrapolation to conclude that this phenomenon applies to the "extremes" of meal timing as well. What you are likely experiencing is improved workouts because your adrenergic response to exercise isn't blunted by post-absorptive insulin levels.

I know your question wasn't with respect to diet, but why make yourself suffer when you could simply eat 2 hours earlier?
Because thus far this has been the diet that has worked the best for me and given me the best results, don't see why I should change... Because worst came to worst and I couldn't take the hunger, I would probably not give up a diet that has worked for me, in which I have seen results, in exchange to be able to use a supplement, since, as always, nutrition = 70%, workout 20%, supplementation, 10%.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Because thus far this has been the diet that has worked the best for me and given me the best results, don't see why I should change... Because worst came to worst and I couldn't take the hunger, I would probably not give up a diet that has worked for me, in which I have seen results, in exchange to be able to use a supplement, since, as always, nutrition = 70%, workout 20%, supplementation, 10%.
You aren't giving up the diet! Eating 2 hours earlier is not going to affect your body composition, I promise you. The choice is ultimately yours but this is another case of correlation =/= causation. I'm just trying to help you here.