AMTorres' CKD Log

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Today I did 35mins of cardio on the treadmill. Incline 12% and speed 3mph. I know the CKD said there is really no need for cardio during the first two weeks, but I figured it would maybe speed up the fat burning process. I will also be doing HIIT/Sprints for about 15 mins during the week. What do you think of these forms of cardio?

Also, I will be taking Recreate starting tomorrow. Any thoughts on this supp?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Also, I will be taking Recreate starting tomorrow. Any thoughts on this supp?
For me it wasn't something that I 'felt,' although I did notice some recomp effects taking the product.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
For me it wasn't something that I 'felt,' although I did notice some recomp effects taking the product.
That's great to know! I could feel the caffeine in it :) I'm pretty sensitive to caffeince since I rarely ever have any

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's Macros:

Daily Total:
Calories: 2,153
Fat: 150.6g
Carbs: 7.2g
Protein: 186.2

7:00PM:
Cheeseburger(2)Calories: 621 Fat:43.6g Carbs: 2.4 Protein:54
T-Bone Calories: 168 Fat:10g Protein: 23g

10:00PM
Cheeseburger(2) Calories: 621 Fat:43.6g Carbs: 2.4 Protein:54
Bacon(8 slices) Calories: 217 Fat: 17g Carbs: .6g Protein:15g

3:00AM
Cheeseburger Calories: 311 Fat 21.8g Carbs: 1.2g Protein: 27g
Bacon(8 slices) Calories: 217 Fat: 17g Carbs: .6g Protein:15

Summary:
My calories were almost 1,000 short of target and my fat was 100g too low. I attribute this to me not going to breakfast(my last meal of the day) I wanted to make sure I got enough sleep before my workout.

If I don't need that many g fat to run off of, should I not worry about trying to get that many? Does it have an adverse affect if i'm not taking in that much fat?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
My workout from today:

Behind the Neck Shoulder Press 100X10 100X10 100X10
Standing Barbell Curls 80X11 90X9 100X8
Skull Crushers 70X10 90X10 100X8
Bent Over Shoulder Raises 15X10 20X10 25X10
Hammer Curls 50X10 55X9 60X8
V-Bar Tricep Pushdowns 150X12 160X11 180X9
Forearm Curls 80X8 90X9
Reverse Forearm Curls 70X8 70X8

Summary:
Was also going to do military press, but I woke up late for my workout. Overall was a good workout, probably would have been able to lift more if I wasn't in such a rush. Today was my first day taking Recreate, noticed alot more energy in the gym, which will be great especially for the depletion workouts before carb-up periods.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Great log bro...keep it up.

Question: Do you feel the ketosis yet? I'm on day 5...and I don't feel any different, other than occasional diarrhea this week. I'm actually going to delay my first carb-up until next Friday.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Great log bro...keep it up.

Question: Do you feel the ketosis yet? I'm on day 5...and I don't feel any different, other than occasional diarrhea this week. I'm actually going to delay my first carb-up until next Friday.
Didn't really feel much side effects on it at first just the blood/metal taste in my mouth. You will notice for sure once you hit the carb-up, I was bouncing off the walls! And I felt the euphoric feeling that some people mention. Are you going to do a depletion workout prior to carb-up?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
My food consumption yesterday:

ON 100% Whey(4) Calories: 440 Fat: 4g Carbs: 8g Protein:96g
Hot Dog Calories: 176 Fat:15g Carbs: 2.4g Protein: 7.6g
Hamburger(5) Calories: 1,122 Fat: 73g Protein: 109g
Cheddar Cheese(4) Calories:344 Fat:27.3g Carbs:5g Protein:20
Hot Wings(12) Calories: 540 Fat: 24g Protein: 60g
Pork Link(5) Calories: 311 Fat: 25g Carbs: 1.7g Protein: 17.8g
Ham and Chz omelette Cals:279 Fat: 21g Carbs: 3.6g Prot:20g

Daily Macros
Calories: 3,212
Fat: 189g
Carbs: 21g
Protein: 330g

Summary:
Protein high...again. I attribute this to my pre and post wo shakes, they have 48g protein each. I figured this is the most important time of the day to have protein. Any suggestions?? I've been trying different things and the best way I can get my fat with minimal calories is hot dogs. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks i will get my nuts and my EVOO out here. Went a few hundred calories over my target.

When I cut cals, does it all come from fat cals? And I keep asking this question but nobody seems to know the answer. My fat is 60g below target, If I'm functioning fine on this low fat, then is there a need to continue for the unattainable 256g fat/day?

Thanks for the help!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
When I cut cals, does it all come from fat cals? And I keep asking this question but nobody seems to know the answer. My fat is 60g below target, If I'm functioning fine on this low fat, then is there a need to continue for the unattainable 256g fat/day?

Thanks for the help!
I think I remember reading that you do cut fat. That's what I did.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
How many cals did you cut at a time, and how often did you do it?
I'm doing calorie cycling. Basically low, low, high, med, low, carb up, carb up.

I have the calorie total in my log. It seems to be working.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I worked out legs today, I would put it on here, but as of right now my training logbook is M.I.A. It's either in my room or at the gym. I'll keep you posted on the whereabouts of this irreplacable item :frustrate

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Today's Workout:
Bench Press 225X12 245X8 265X6
Bent Over Rows 180X12 205X10 230X6
Incline DB 85X10 85X11 95X6(sloppy)**
Lat Pulldown 200x10 200x10 200x12
Dips BWX16 BWX14 BWX14
Peck Deck Flys 70X10 80X9 90X8
Reverse Flys 40X10 40X10 40X8
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 135X12 185X8 185X10
Robe Ab Crunch 130X12 140X12
Reverse Crunch 14, 14

**I asked someone that I shouldn't have to spot me and he didn't help at all just stood there when the weights wobbled, and then I said help on my last rep and he didn't do ****!! The last time I ask someone who doesn't know what they're doin to spot me!

Yesterday's Overall Macros

Calories: 3,306
Fat: 215g
Carbs: 28g
Protein: 309g

Summary:
Overall my caloric intake was fine, I was a few hundred calories over, but I will just eat less today to make up for it. I worked chest and back today, and I have a depletion workout tomorrow, I'm interested to see how this will go for me :)

My Revamp:
I start my carb-load tomorrow, and after my carb load I'm going to be adjusting my diet a lil bit. Here are my new macros:

Calories: 2,500
Protein: 250-300g
Fat: 150-180g
Carbs: Less than 30g

I'm going to be adjusting these until I can fine tune my diet to lose 2-3 lbs/week. I know the macros don't add up to 2,500 but I will be shooting for these ranges. I'm sure I will be getting posts saying that my protein intake is way too high, but I consulted someone I consider to be an expert on the topic and these are the macros that I came up with. I have a high enough bf % that I don't need my fat intake to be as high as suggested by the books.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Today's Food:

7:00PM
Cheeseburger Calories: 310 Fat: 22g Carbs: 1g Protein: 27g
Hot Dog(2) Calories: 352 Fat: 30g Carbs: 4.6g Protein: 15.4g
Hot Wings(4) Calories: 360 Fat: 8g Protein: 20g

11:00PM
Cheeseburger Calories: 310 Fat: 22g Carbs: 1g Protein: 27g
Hot Dog(2) Calories: 352 Fat: 30g Carbs: 4.6g Protein: 15.4g

5:00AM
Hot Wings(7) Calories: 315 Fat: 14Protein: 35g

Daily Totals:
Calories: 2,150
Fat: 128g
Carbs: 18g
Protein: 211g

Summary: I cut my calories today because they were a few hundred over yesterday and I might go over on my carb-up so I just played it safe. I don't think my calorie cut down to 2,500 will be hard for me, i've been making myself eat to get to 3,000, so I'm excited to see if i will lose more weight by cutting.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Cheeseburgers, hot dogs, hot wings. That sounds like spending the whole day at a football game. Good eats.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
250 grams is not unattainable.
Are you referring to fat? I know it's not, but with what I have to eat out here I would go over my daily caloric intake if I got 250g fat. I will be getting my EVOO and fish oils within the next week or two

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Cheeseburgers, hot dogs, hot wings. That sounds like spending the whole day at a football game. Good eats.
Haha, yeah, that's the things we had with the best fat/protein ratio. I was getting too much protein and not enough fat! :)

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's Depletion Workout:

Squats 135X20 155X20
Leg Extensions 60X18 60X20
Leg Curls 100x20 100X20
Sing Leg Calf Raise 200X20 200X20
Standing SL Calf Raise 200X20 200X20
Pullups BWX7 BWX6
Upright Rows 60X20 60X20
Flat Bench 135X20 135X20 drop set ==>95X12
Barbell Behind the head press 135X10 155X9
DB Curls 25X20, 25X12 drop set ==>15X10
21s 50, 70
Close Grip Bench 145X18 145X16
Tricep Rope 60X22 80X14
Delts circuit(front, side, rear) 2 sets
Crunches 20, 20
situps w/a twist 18, 14

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Are you referring to fat? I know it's not, but with what I have to eat out here I would go over my daily caloric intake if I got 250g fat. I will be getting my EVOO and fish oils within the next week or two

Ahh I forgot you were in Iraq, sorry about that. Have you got in your stuff yet?

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Hey, I'm waiting for the big announcement. Don't tease, now . . .

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Ahh I forgot you were in Iraq, sorry about that. Have you got in your stuff yet?
It's all good, I got in my stuff from BB.com, which is my multi's, low carb protein :), and creatine mono, but i'm having second thoughts about taking my creatine. Why is it good to take creatine while doing a cut/recomp? Anyways, it won't matter in the near future...I'll explain later after I update my food logs on here

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
My Carb-up is almost over, 1 meal left. My fitday is working extremely slow so I will be posting my 2 carb-up days macros when i come into work tonight. The first days carbs were a lil low, and i'm trying to figure what my carbs for today are so i know what i should or shouldn't eat. Pardon the punctuation errors, I'm kind of in a hurry. Anyways...

I got news from higher-ups today. I will be going to an EXTREMELY under-developed base. I will be back to the 2 hot meals a day(crap meals loaded with a **** ton of carbs!) and then MREs (field rations) for lunch. So, unfortuneately I will not be able to stay on my CKD with you guys :( It really pisses me off because I worked so hard to start it and find foods that fit my target macros while out here. Also I am above my weight max, but barely over when they tape me for body fat %, so I will probably have to just start running alot, which is every weightlifters nightmare! I'm a good runner, 3 miles in 21-22mins, but I don't want to lose all my hard earned muscle! So, as far as diets go I will probably have to go back to the drawing board for the time being. But...

Earlier in this deployment my boss offered to let me go back to the big base that most of my unit is at and I told him that i'm happy here where I'm at. Well, since this came up and we have to move, we talked to him about not wanting to go out there, so, fingers crossed, he will let me go back to the big base!.....Only time will tell, but either way I will continue to come onto this site and follow your logs and give words of encouragement!

-Aaron

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, best of luck with everything. Hopefully you will be able to get back on CKD soon. I loved following your log.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn sucks bud sorry to see you go.. good luck with everything out there

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Damn good luck with that. Don't worry, you've got a taste of sweet lady K when you are able (or if you are able to continue) it'll be an easy march back into it.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Man, you'll be missed. I felt as if we were diet and workout buddies, since we started at around the same time. I guess I'm the only CKD-running noob here now.

Well, I'll just have to work harder, that's all.

Keep those spirits up, and be safe.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys! But, I'm not dyin, haha! I'll still be around to track everybody's progress. Although I am pretty depressed about not being able to keep doing this diet :(

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
AM: Keep Safe....look at it this way: The high fat/carb in the MRE's along with the crap foods should be enough to preserve muscle when you go running.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the insight Rampage, I didn't know that. I'm at my new base, and it's the shittiest place I've ever been! Can't wait til I can do my CKD again!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stay frosty there buddy

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I'm back guys! Unfortuneately I won't be doing a CKD stye diet :( I'm just going to continue to lift big but focus more on cardio for the next few months. I do like the size, but am more worried about getting cut. I know some about nutrition, unfortuneately most of what I know about nutrition only benefits me while on a CKD. I seen a 40/40/20 diet on the forums. If anybody can give me an idea for a breakdwon of macros I should follow for optimum fat loss that'd be great. Thanks!

-Aaron

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I'm back guys! Unfortuneately I won't be doing a CKD stye diet :( I'm just going to continue to lift big but focus more on cardio for the next few months. I do like the size, but am more worried about getting cut. I know some about nutrition, unfortuneately most of what I know about nutrition only benefits me while on a CKD. I seen a 40/40/20 diet on the forums. If anybody can give me an idea for a breakdwon of macros I should follow for optimum fat loss that'd be great. Thanks!

-Aaron
Is your switching to a non CKD diet because of your food situation still?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Is your switching to a non CKD diet because of your food situation still?
Actually, I will be at a place where I can once again do the CKD, but I want to lose weight as fast as possible. Of course I don't want to sacrifice muscle but i want to lose as fast as possible. Would I be best off to continue the CKD, or should I try a different diet? Also the fact that according to the Marine Corps I am out of weight standards and I don't want to get harassed by the higher ranking people I work with for eating excessively (while on carb-ups) What do you guys think??

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
I do not believe the type of diet you use, whether it be CKD or 40/40/20, affects the pace at which you lose weight. I think it is more so how aggressively you cut calories. You could also do more spread out or shorter carb-ups depending on your goals. But there is no reason why 40/40/20 will allow you to lose weight more quickly than CKD.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I know, with the CKD I feel wrong and I didn't do it long enough to see a major difference, I gained almost all the weight back after, due to rehydration. I guess it's just a decision I will have to make myself. :/

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into the zone man. There are two links in my sig leading to info on it.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Actually, I will be at a place where I can once again do the CKD, but I want to lose weight as fast as possible. Of course I don't want to sacrifice muscle but i want to lose as fast as possible. Would I be best off to continue the CKD, or should I try a different diet? Also the fact that according to the Marine Corps I am out of weight standards and I don't want to get harassed by the higher ranking people I work with for eating excessively (while on carb-ups) What do you guys think??
AM, I am doing great on the CKD; 10 lbs in 1 month. My approach has been to consume the required amount of protein, but go easy on the fat, lowering my caloric intake 800 cals below maitenance, and have never felt starved. Leviathan Reloaded, DCP, Creatine, etc. have helped quite a bit.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
AM, I am doing great on the CKD; 10 lbs in 1 month. My approach has been to consume the required amount of protein, but go easy on the fat, lowering my caloric intake 800 cals below maitenance, and have never felt starved. Leviathan Reloaded, DCP, Creatine, etc. have helped quite a bit.
Sounds great! What has Leviathan Reloaded and DCP done for you? I noticed quite a few people taking that stack.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Sounds great! What has Leviathan Reloaded and DCP done for you? I noticed quite a few people taking that stack.
L-R is a great Fat Buener, Thermogenic and Appetite Suppresant and DCP is great post-w and before sleep. It is also a thermogenic and helps me feel well-rested the day after a workout.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
L-R is a great Fat Buener, Thermogenic and Appetite Suppresant and DCP is great post-w and before sleep. It is also a thermogenic and helps me feel well-rested the day after a workout.
Thanks for the help bro, I appreciate it! Do you but it from NP or do you have a better place to get it?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I tried to buy it from NP, but how do I get the Gold Member discount?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
*UPDATE*
Back to a civilized base, but not doing a CKD til I get back to the states. I have just been working out with a sub-caloric intake, and little to no cardio. Have dropped 15lbs, lost little to no muscle and lost 2 inches on my waist! Still have about another 15-20lbs to go until i'm happy though!

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Got my DCP/L-R stack in today!! What do you think about a DCP/L-R Recomp Log?? I won't do it unless you guys think it's a good idea!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sure, I'll follow.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BeardedBreast Supplements 45
Anabolics 58
AMTorres Cycle Logs 111
AMTorres Cycle Logs 4
AMTorres Weight Loss 24