Amputated but not Giving Up

Icepray

Awards
Hey everybody,

This was the first forum I joined when I started to seriously get into lifting and so I thought I'd come back and tell you guys a little story about my life and recent events.

I used to be an overweight kid, 220+pounds for 5f6...not great

I lost about 110 pounds and ended up scrawny, I was mainly just running and doing push ups and stuff...

Then I joined a gym and started thinking about competing!

I got on stage twice, my biggest achievement was winning 3rd place in Swiss Nationals (WABBA federation)

Then on the 16th of Juin, I was riding my motorcycle when somebody cut me off and ran into me.
Woke up at the hospital to be informed my left foot has been shattered and they can't fix it to the point where I can use it correctly so I was given the choice to amputate or get a useless foot, several fractures and my right leg got drop foot syndrome due to hematomas and muscle loss we aren't sure if I will recover.

The thought that crossed my mind was, I'm going to show people that even with a missing foot and damaged foot that you can still be fit and compete.

I am getting back to walking now and waiting on my stump to heal so I can start using prosthetic legs.

I still haven't reached my bodybuilding goals and I'm going to keep going and get back on stage by 2017 at the latest.

I have started vlogging my rehab and will keep making videos throughout my journey up till I'm back in the gym getting my size back (30lbs down right now, which is to be expected).

Feel free to follow my instagram and vlog if you're interested, it keeps me motivated to reach my goals and hopefully I can motivate some people along the way! (Instagram: Icepray)

**** happens in life but look at the brightside of things, I'm alive, my back is fine, I'll be able to keep doing the sport I love and I'm not giving up on my goals and dreams just yet!

Hopefully after reading this I might have given some of you some motivation to keep pursuing you're goals and dreams no matter what happens!

www.youtube.com/icepray
[video=youtube;iFz3cL3Ro_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFz3cL3Ro_I[/video]
[video=youtube;IWyj9QLW-so]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWyj9QLW-so[/video]
[video=youtube;Jzs8aBChojo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzs8aBChojo[/video]
[video=youtube;oCXPEVdrneM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCXPEVdrneM[/video]

For the rest of my videos feel free to check my channel

I hope my videos can inspire or motivated a few people who have are having trouble reaching their goals!

Feel free to follow me on Facebook/Instagram aswell

www.facebook.com/ampuvation

Instagram: Icepray

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm very sorry to hear about your accident, but your story and determination is so inspiring and moving.

I'm sure many people in your position would choose to give up, you sir are a true warrior and I'm here for support.

Thank you for sharing your story.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So inspiring man, your positivity in the face of such adversity is a thing of beauty. I will definitely be following along and here for support! Stay strong man and thanks so much for sharing.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, your story is incredibly inspiring. I'll definitely be checking out your channel for more!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amazing. I'm in to follow and support.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow! What a story of pure determination and inspiration!!! God is truly going to use you to help others!!! I'm so glad you post this and are sharing with other your journey and how you overcome!!! I am following! Can't wait to see you ROCK that stage!!

Icepray

Awards
Thanks for the support everybody! Means a lot to me

OTG85

OTG85

Awards
Very inspirational bro keep it up

Icepray

Awards
[video=youtube;DiIVfl2VGz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiIVfl2VGz4[/video]

Latest video is up!!

Thanks for the support guys!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amen brotha. Good for you and God bless your strength and optimism! Following for sure and wishing you nothing but the best and success in reaching your goals! Inspiration.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Much respect to you! Way to keep positive and motivated man... you're a huge inspiration.
When there is a will, there is a way!!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Gonna be watching all of this. You put all of us to shame, anyone can get swole with all the gifts we have, you're on another level.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Respect! Keep it up, looking forward to following this.

Icepray

Awards
Thanks guys! Really means a lot to me, hopefully I don't disappoint and get back on stage and place well!

Don't forget to share it, really helps keep me motivated vlogging my journey

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really inspiring story my man. Such a positive attitude. I know you will succeed just by your determination..!

Don't give up :biggthumpup:

Jebrook
McCrew530
Rocket3015

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amazing story my friend. You've inspired me to try even harder.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Damn man that is a crazy story I know the dedication and passion it takes to compete but throw in an obsitical like the one handed to you is madness. I wish you the best in your journey and am here to support a fellow brother. Its great that you are using your passion as motivation to get you back to where you want to be. Good luck my friend I look forward to seeing your progression.
Cheers
Nate

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Can we get this guy some sponsors?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Respect you are an inspiration !!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, great vid. You are hilarious and have a great outlook. You are my new hero. In for support.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, great vid. You are hilarious and have a great outlook. You are my new hero. In for support.
We need to get brundel in here :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shared your fb page on my page!! Love your attitude!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
THANK YOU....glad i read your story, great motivation!!!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the support everybody! Means a lot to me
Bro. You are a bad MOFO. Love your heart! What an inspirational story. Anyone can bodybuild; few can do what you are doing with such courage, decision and grace. Good stuff man. All the best ;)

Icepray

Awards
Answered some questions I was asked in a little Q&A Video ;)

[video=youtube;TgucclLnWzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgucclLnWzk[/video]

Icepray

Awards
Make it out of the hospital yet?
[video=youtube;fgs3NHKjqgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgs3NHKjqgU[/video]

Sadly had to go back to surgery! going to be another 2-3 weeks =(

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;fgs3NHKjqgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgs3NHKjqgU[/video]

Sadly had to go back to surgery! going to be another 2-3 weeks =(
best of luck...GOD BLESS!!!

Icepray

Awards
best of luck...GOD BLESS!!!
Thanks man!

Hopefully when I'm out of the hospital I can start a small blast to accelerate things hehe I just have to be conscious on water weight, that my stump doesn't get water logged and I can't fit in my leg anymore, it's going to be a bit more complicated than I thought

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man!

Hopefully when I'm out of the hospital I can start a small blast to accelerate things hehe I just have to be conscious on water weight, that my stump doesn't get water logged and I can't fit in my leg anymore, it's going to be a bit more complicated than I thought
When you say blast, Im assuming you mean Anabolics. If thats the case, maybe you should look into Ostarine
or LGD, both are SARMS, and don't have most of the negative side effects that regular anabolics have. So no
issues with water weight, or prostate, etc.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man!

it is good that you are aware of the possibility of additional complications...as with everything in life, planning ahead saves a lot of trouble down the road!!!

Icepray

Awards
When you say blast, Im assuming you mean Anabolics. If thats the case, maybe you should look into Ostarine
or LGD, both are SARMS, and don't have most of the negative side effects that regular anabolics have. So no
issues with water weight, or prostate, etc.
I actually have been looking into some of those, my initial blast was going to be test prop and npp which will be fine, i'm actually curious to know if a stump with even be affected by AAS it's going to be a learning process

Icepray

Awards
[video=youtube;3LomxwNmU1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LomxwNmU1w[/video]

Little video on my struggle with my body image in the past and now!

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rock on bro keep up the hard work. Your story is motivating to us all

Icepray

Awards
Rock on bro keep up the hard work. Your story is motivating to us all
I can only hope! In the past the majority of my jobs always consisted of helping somebody in one way or the other and being stuck at the hospital and most probably not oing to work right away, or go back to college next year. I'm happy I can continue doing this in another shape or form

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man you can't let it bring you down. And helping others is admirable, something society has strayed from. My prayers are out to you bro

Icepray

Awards
Man you can't let it bring you down. And helping others is admirable, something society has strayed from. My prayers are out to you bro
Thanks man!

I've finally be released, so back home! Feels so great

[video=youtube;i4xrcu2i60k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4xrcu2i60k[/video]

So made a little video of what's new

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
Hit it hard brother! Your the man bro! Heck you got two more if you know what i mean!

MBZ

Awards
Very inspiring brother! I am definitely going to follow and look forward to seeing you come back stronger than ever! That level of determination and and drive will take you places!

Keep it up man!