Am I Too Young for AAS

MuscleMetal

Awards
Hi guys,

I want some real feedback here. I have been debating running a cycle for a while now. I want to give some facts about myself and get a totally honest opinion about whether I am too young to run a cycle.

Height: 6'3
Weight: 245
BF: 16%
Years Training: 7

I have done A LOT of research. I would do pre, mid, and post bloodwork.

Goals: Recompisiton. Id like to drop to about 235 or 230 before I'd cycle

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you considering using? 23 is young, 25 is usually the recommended age but if you're serious and are ready for the next level it's ultimately your decision.

MuscleMetal

Awards
What are you considering using? 23 is young, 25 is usually the recommended age but if you're serious and are ready for the next level it's ultimately your decision.
Just test with a kickstart like tbol. I could probably hold off til 25. I just have the itch if you know what I mean. I feel like I have built a solid physique naturally already. A l out of people think I'm already on stuff lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just test with a kickstart like tbol. I could probably hold off til 25. I just have the itch if you know what I mean. I feel like I have built a solid physique naturally already. A l out of people think I'm already on stuff lol
Do you have a solid concept of pct? This is the most important part of a cycle. I can give you a link with tons of good info if you like.

MuscleMetal

Awards
Do you have a solid concept of pct? This is the most important part of a cycle. I can give you a link with tons of good info if you like.
Oh yeah very solid understanding of it. Like I said I've done a ton of research. PCT is far and away the most important part of the cycle. Thanks for asking though!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I remember being in the same boat as you at 23 with extremely similar starting stats. I chose to wait just because of all the variables and possible changes that can occur still that can really throw the cycle off. That and I still have so much frame to add to just by eating. It's takes awhile but overall I'm so much happier (now 26) that I am still holding off.

What is it you are looking to gain from cycling? Are you out of school? Are you currently in a career? How's your home situation? I ask because while personal, these things factor a lot and I am glad you've done plenty of research as your bodily hormones at this point mean the world!

MuscleMetal

Awards
I remember being in the same boat as you at 23 with extremely similar starting stats. I chose to wait just because of all the variables and possible changes that can occur still that can really throw the cycle off. That and I still have so much frame to add to just by eating. It's takes awhile but overall I'm so much happier (now 26) that I am still holding off.

What is it you are looking to gain from cycling? Are you out of school? Are you currently in a career? How's your home situation? I ask because while personal, these things factor a lot and I am glad you've done plenty of research as your bodily hormones at this point mean the world!
It's great to hear from someone in the same boat in a way haha! I graduated college last December in 3.5 years. I am a vocalist in a metal band that is about to sign our first record deal (yes I'm pumped as f***). With that will come touring, music vidoes, etc. I would like to be lean and mean for a music video. YES I know thst I can lose fat naturally. I'm talking about that aesthetic look though, it's different than just losing fat. I also live with my parents and have a part time job while doing some freelance marketing work. Hope that helps!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's great to hear from someone in the same boat in a way haha! I graduated college last December in 3.5 years. I am a vocalist in a metal band that is about to sign our first record deal (yes I'm pumped as f***). With that will come touring, music vidoes, etc. I would like to be lean and mean for a music video. YES I know thst I can lose fat naturally. I'm talking about that aesthetic look though, it's different than just losing fat. I also live with my parents and have a part time job while doing some freelance marketing work. Hope that helps!

Thats awesome news! Congrats man and best of luck to you guys hitting the scene!

Well how would your parents feel about the path your looking to head down? Using Anabolic agents definitely wont only affect you but them as well based on personality traits all the way to how you all eat and carry on. Its a very mature conversation to get rolling but family support is essential especially at this stage in life. While id hope you could find plenty more support here would your Dr. support you as well. Of course he will ask what all your bloodwork is for. Any girlfriend?

Hows your current workout routines look? I see aesthetics are the goal and lets face it, for videos they can only help lol

MuscleMetal

Awards
Thats awesome news! Congrats man and best of luck to you guys hitting the scene!

Well how would your parents feel about the path your looking to head down? Using Anabolic agents definitely wont only affect you but them as well based on personality traits all the way to how you all eat and carry on. Its a very mature conversation to get rolling but family support is essential especially at this stage in life. While id hope you could find plenty more support here would your Dr. support you as well. Of course he will ask what all your bloodwork is for. Any girlfriend?

Hows your current workout routines look? I see aesthetics are the goal and lets face it, for videos they can only help lol
Haha my parents already assume I'm on them, which I think is hilarious. I don't have a girlfriend which is a definitely a positive lol (until the test hits and the libido spikes) hahaha

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Hi guys,

I want some real feedback here.

I'd say too young, wait another 3 years. Go watch the entire 'Ask The Doc' series on Muscle Insider's YouTube Channel. You will hear him say, probably 50 times, that the male HPTA isn't fully developed/mature until age 26. Messing with it before that, could - could - have higher odds of screwing you up permanently.

Go get a $66 blood test right now - I bet you are over 1100ng/dl

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
End of the day you'll do what you want to do, just make sure you do it as safe as possible to minimize repercussions

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I'd say too young, wait another 3 years. Go watch the entire 'Ask The Doc' series on Muscle Insider's YouTube Channel. You will hear him say, probably 50 times, that the male HPTA isn't fully developed/mature until age 26. Messing with it before that, could - could - have higher odds of screwing you up permanently.

Go get a $66 blood test right now - I bet you are over 1100ng/dl
That's what put me off when I was in my early 20's. I think it's great to wait atleast until late 20's before messing with your hormones. I'm sure everyones HPTA system develops at a different rate just as happens with the onset of puberty but I guess it's difficult to know for sure. On the other hand there are the guys who do this for a living, that is compete at pro levels for which they are pressured to use steroids in order to be competitive. Sounds like what you're after can be had naturally with some hard work. You're already solid at 245. If you dropped 15lb of BF and added a little musle in the right places you're going to look great. See how happy you are with your build when you get there.