Alphamax XT vs Pronabolin/Testofen

Corgio

Awards
I currently take a stack of:
Alphamax XT
OG Norcodrene
Shift
Powermax XT

I rant and rave over Alphmax and had great results, but my friend started talking about Pronabolin, and personally I think it's probably crap but wanted to get a consensus here. Thoughts?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alphamax XT
OG Norcodrene
Shift
Powermax XT

I rant and rave over Alphmax and had great results, but my friend started talking about Pronabolin, and personally I think it's probably crap but wanted to get a consensus here. Thoughts?
If I'm looking at the right label, Alphamax XT is a much better product. The other looks like Fenugreek, Trib, Eurycoma, Forskolin not sure the extract, plus probiotics. Alphamax XT has a better dose of Eurycoma, Forskolin at 95%, plus 3,4-Divanil, L-Dopa, DHAA etc.

If you are enjoying Alphamax XT, you will be greatly disappointed with the other product.

If you want probiotics check out Evomuse Gut Health. You can run it with Alphamax XT.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It took a bit of effort to find the profile for Pronabolin, which is always off-putting for me; IMO, you always want to be able to see the supplement facts on the product's site. With that said, I was able to find what appears to be the supplement facts elsewhere:

Let's look at it now:

Regarding the foskolin, it has 125mg of an unknown extract (it doesn't even mention extract, so it could just be ground powder). Compare that to AlphaMax XT, which has 25mg of 95% forskolin extract per serving (or 50mg per day), which is consistent with the effective dose used in studies.

Pronabolin also contains 100mg of a 100:1 tongkat ali extract, with no further mention of standardization, where AlphaMax XT contains 150mg (or 300mg/day) of a 200:1 extract that is also standardized for 2% eurycomanone, which is important, as often times a just ratio extract is rather vague and doesn't always tell you all that much.

Regarding tribulus, multiple studies show that it does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance trained males:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10861339
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17530942
or testosterone:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15994038

Regarding fenugreek, one study that noted benefits in strength and body composition used 500mg (standardized for 70% trigimannose):
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2978122/

Other studies are mixed in results, and tend to use 600mg/day Testofen (which may be what's used in Pronabolin), where Pronabolin only has 300mg/serving, and 30 servings per bottle, so at normal dosing (1 bottle ~ 1 month), you're only getting 1/2 of the studied dose.

Also, it seems to be insanely expensive, at $79.95 for a 30 day supply from their website.

You're much better off with something like AlphaMax XT than Pronabolin IMO. There are many quality test boosters that are better than Pronabolin, and much more affordable as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alphamax XT
OG Norcodrene
Shift
Powermax XT

Nice stack you have btw! The other two listed why AlphaMax XT is superior. Not many other test boosters on the market can compete with AlphaMax XT as it is.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Agreed..that looks like a hideous attempt at a test booster. In regards to the Tongat Ali and the lack of any mention of standardization. There is a member on this forum that believes that means a company has come up with their own unique extract, and they do not disclose it as that would make the formula replicable. I do not buy into that at all, especially when it comes to cheaply priced products.
Viron is the only known exception to this rule that I have come across for a Tongat Ali product and Brundel clearly addresses this in the product write up.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed..that looks like a hideous attempt at a test booster. In regards to the Tongat Ali and the lack of any mention of standardization. There is a member on this forum that believes that means a company has come up with their own unique extract, and they do not disclose it as that would make the formula replicable. I do not buy into that at all, especially when it comes to cheaply priced products.
Viron is the only known exception to this rule that I have come across for a Tongat Ali product and Brundel clearly addresses this in the product write up.
Considering that Pronabolin's website didn't even seem to have the supplement facts, I highly doubt that they have their own unique extract. Like you mentioned, occasionally you'll get extracts without much info on them, but if there's a valid reason for that, it'll be adequately addressed in the write-up. Occam's Razor works pretty well here. When you see a poorly formulated product with a vague or unstandardized extract, the simpler theory is more likely to be correct. In this case, it's more likely that the only standardization is 100:1, which is a very common and inexpensive bulk extract than it is that they developed their own unique extract, and then did a poor job formulating the rest of the product.