dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119148211/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
α2-Adrenergic Receptor Blockade Markedly Potentiates Duloxetine- and Fluoxetine-Induced Increases in Noradrenaline, Dopamine, and Serotonin Levels in the Frontal Cortex of Freely Moving Rats
A. Gobert, J.-M. Rivet, L. Cistarelli, C. Melon, and M. J. Millan
Psychopharmacology Department, Institut de Recherches Servier, Centre de Recherches de Croissy, Croissy-sur-Seine, Paris, France
Address correspondence and reprint requests to Dr. A. Gobert at Psychopharmacology Department, Institut de Recherches Servier, Centre de Recherche de Croissy, 125, Chemin de Ronde, 78290 Croissy-sur-Seine, Paris, France.
Copyright Blackwell Science Inc
KEYWORDS
Adrenergic receptors • Monoamines • Uptake inhibitors • Microdialysis • Cortex
ABSTRACT

Abstract: Evidence exists that a reinforcement in monoaminergic transmission in the frontal cortex (FCX) is associated with antidepressant (AD) properties. Herein, we examined whether blockade of α2-adrenergic receptors modified the influence of monoamine reuptake inhibitors on FCX levels of serotonin (5-HT), noradrenaline (NAD), and dopamine (DA). The selective α2-adrenergic receptor agonist S 18616 (0.16 mg/kg, s.c.) suppressed extracellular levels of NAD, DA, and 5-HT (by 100, 51, and 63%, respectively) in single dialysates of FCX of freely moving rats. In contrast, the selective α2-adrenergic receptor antagonists atipamezole (0.16 mg/kg, s.c.) and 1-(2-pyrimidinyl)piperazine (1-PP; 2.5 mg/kg, s.c.) increased levels of NAD (by 180 and 185%, respectively) and DA (by 130 and 90%, respectively), without affecting 5-HT levels. Duloxetine (5.0 mg/kg, s.c.), a mixed inhibitor of 5-HT and NAD reuptake, and fluoxetine (10.0 mg/kg, s.c.), a selective 5-HT reuptake inhibitor, both increased levels of 5-HT (by 150 and 120%, respectively), NAD (by 400 and 100%, respectively), and DA (by 115 and 55%, respectively). Atipamezole (0.16 mg/kg, s.c.) markedly potentiated the influence of duloxetine and fluoxetine on levels of 5-HT (by 250 and 330%, respectively), NAD (by 1,030 and 215%, respectively), and DA (by 370 and 170%, respectively). 1-PP similarly potentiated the influence of duloxetine on 5-HT, NAD, and DA levels (by 290, 1,320, and 600%, respectively). These data demonstrate that α2-adrenergic receptors tonically inhibit NAD and DA and phasically inhibit 5-HT release in the FCX and that blockade of α2-adrenergic receptors strikingly potentiates the increase in FCX levels of 5-HT, NAD, and DA elicited by reuptake inhibitors. Concomitant α2-adrenergic receptor antagonism and inhibition of monoamine uptake may thus provide a mechanism allowing for a marked increase in the efficacy of AD agents.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
youve mentioned alpha=yohimbine a lot.

I'd pick up some from the planet with my next order. Im interested in alpha-yohimbine and not the other stuff...alpha-yohimbine has mao effects itself. why the need for more ?

Im interested in this as all the benefits minus all the negative sides, chills, and high blood pressure that yohimbine causes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Insatiably horny you say...(opens up bottle of HEAT in my stash)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Insatiably horny you say...(opens up bottle of HEAT in my stash)
First you pop off the cap....then you pop off the cap.

/know what I mean?

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Just to make sure-the RPN HEATR stack is def a Go until Avnt brings theres back?I'll save my last DCP for this stack when it's ready.Also, are u still going to offer the straight up Alpha-y caps after HEATS out?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any ETA dsade? I need to drop about 15-20 lbs in 5.5 weeks, i have dcp and a couple other goodies but would love this for the motivational part as well. I need em ASAP!!!!! :bruce3:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to make sure-the RPN HEATR stack is def a Go until Avnt brings theres back?I'll save my last DCP for this stack when it's ready.Also, are u still going to offer the straight up Alpha-y caps after HEATS out?
Waiting on the final OK from them, but so far both products look like a go.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Def keep us updated on the status. Havn this back is gonna be awesome

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Waiting on the final OK from them, but so far both products look like a go.

DSADE based on the article above do you think there is any possible negative intereactions between antidepressants (for exaplem fluoxetine) and alpha-yohimbe? The excerpt seems to speculate that it would have a potentiation of antidepressant effect but do you think there could be any possible negative effects from the potentiation of the monoamines effects?

Mr.50

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DSADE based on the article above do you think there is any possible negative intereactions between antidepressants (for exaplem fluoxetine) and alpha-yohimbe? The excerpt seems to speculate that it would have a potentiation of antidepressant effect but do you think there could be any possible negative effects from the potentiation of the monoamines effects?

Mr.50
Depression usually stems from imbalances AND shortages (lack of tone, too much reuptake too soon, too much MAO activity).

As someone with dopaminergic depression, I was never happier - especially stacked with Wellbutrin.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Depression usually stems from imbalances AND shortages (lack of tone, too much reuptake too soon, too much MAO activity).

As someone with dopaminergic depression, I was never happier - especially stacked with Wellbutrin.

Oh boy! This sounds good. What is the approximate timeline we are looking at here?

Mr.50

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

z28man

Awards
  • Established

This could be a godsent for me then. I suffer from pretty severe depression/anxiety and have never been able to find a med w/ a good benefits\sides ratio for me.

Oh ya, my libido usually sucks too. Im in Dsade, just wish I could try this somehow before the 8 weeks needed to stock it.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Alpha-yohimbine is superior to regular yohimbine, both with binding affinities to the a2 receptor subtypes and central dopaminergic action/tone.

It accounts for a MASSIVE enhancement of motivation and focus, with ZERO anxiety, no vascular constriction/bp or heart rate increases, annihilates appetite, and improves adipostat controls (central signal to the body on how much caloric expenditure to allow).

For those that never got to try My and Par Deus' product, HEAT Stack by Avant Labs, you missed out.
H.E.A.T. is good stuff. I'm taking it now (with a little Phenogen) - believe it or not, I still have an unopened bottle in the fridge, too.

And count me in on the alpha-Y

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd buy some of this,and knowing your history,a bottle of Clear Edge Renewed, wihout even knowing what's in it.

feck yeah.
:werd:

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Alpha-yohimbine is superior to regular yohimbine, both with binding affinities to the a2 receptor subtypes and central dopaminergic action/tone.

It accounts for a MASSIVE enhancement of motivation and focus, with ZERO anxiety, no vascular constriction/bp or heart rate increases, annihilates appetite, and improves adipostat controls (central signal to the body on how much caloric expenditure to allow).

For those that never got to try My and Par Deus' product, HEAT Stack by Avant Labs, you missed out.
You serious about no BP, HR, vascular, and anxiety issues? I bought a bunch of those Y-hcl nutracaps on the impression it was not such a powerfull stimulant at all, but can't use them at all because they MASSIVELY effect my BP/HR and give me some anxiety. I'll be :dead: if I take them.

I looked on Pubmed real quick and couldn't find any good articals about Alpha-Y except something in french with no abstract...

Do you have anything to back up the "no negative sides" aspect of the Alpha-Y. It sounds very interesting, especially the mood/nuerotransmitter aspects, but I am warry of taking anything that could spike my BP/HR like the Y-hcl does.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You serious about no BP, HR, vascular, and anxiety issues? I bought a bunch of those Y-hcl nutracaps on the impression it was not such a powerfull stimulant at all, but can't use them at all because they MASSIVELY effect my BP/HR and give me some anxiety. I'll be :dead: if I take them.

I looked on Pubmed real quick and couldn't find any good articals about Alpha-Y except something in french with no abstract...

Do you have anything to back up the "no negative sides" aspect of the Alpha-Y. It sounds very interesting, especially the mood/nuerotransmitter aspects, but I am warry of taking anything that could spike my BP/HR like the Y-hcl does.
I'll start pulling and reposting the research, but also run a search for the feedback on HEAT Stack wrt Yohimbine sensitive users.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Is eta 8 weeks for the Heatr stack? or just the alpha-Y caps? Either way it's gonna be a long wait.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is eta 8 weeks for the Heatr stack? or just the alpha-Y caps? Either way it's gonna be a long wait.
Hopefully both.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
: Life Sci. 1994;54(10):pL179-84.Links
The alpha-2 antagonists idazoxan and rauwolscine but not yohimbine or piperoxan are anxiolytic in the Vogel lick-shock conflict paradigm following intravenous administration.
La Marca S, Dunn RW.

Anaquest, Inc., Murray Hill, NJ 07974.

The alpha 2 agonist clonidine has been shown to be anxiolytic in a number of preclinical anxiety models. Interestingly, intravenous infusion of the alpha 2 antagonists idazoxan at 10 mg/kg and rauwolscine at 2.24 mg/kg significantly disinhibited lick-shock conflict responding in rats similar to the alpha 2 agonist clonidine (0.022 mg/kg) and the benzodiazepine diazepam (0.5 mg/kg). However, the alpha 2 antagonists yohimbine and piperoxan, the alpha 2 agonists medetomidine, guanfacine, and guanabenz, the non-specific alpha antagonist phentolamine, and the alpha 1 antagonist prazosin did not disinhibit conflict responding in the Vogel lick-shock paradigm. In fact, yohimbine has been shown to be anxiogenic in both animals and man. This may be due to yohimbine's lack of specificity and its ability to inhibit GABAergic release. In addition, all of these agents, except idazoxan, did not increase water consumption in water deprived rats. Idazoxan (10 mg/kg) significantly decreased water consumption by 45%. Therefore, idazoxan increased conflict responding for water reward at a dose (10 mg/kg) which also decreased water consumption in a non-conflict paradigm. These data suggest that agents with selective antagonism at the alpha 2 receptor site may be anxiolytic while agents with less specificity at this site such as yohimbine, piperoxan, and phentolamine are not anxiolytic.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I saw this study when I searched:

: Life Sci. 1994;54(10):pL179-84.Links
The alpha-2 antagonists idazoxan and rauwolscine but not yohimbine or piperoxan are anxiolytic in the Vogel lick-shock conflict paradigm following intravenous administration.
La Marca S, Dunn RW.

Anaquest, Inc., Murray Hill, NJ 07974.

The alpha 2 agonist clonidine has been shown to be anxiolytic in a number of preclinical anxiety models. Interestingly, intravenous infusion of the alpha 2 antagonists idazoxan at 10 mg/kg and rauwolscine at 2.24 mg/kg significantly disinhibited lick-shock conflict responding in rats similar to the alpha 2 agonist clonidine (0.022 mg/kg) and the benzodiazepine diazepam (0.5 mg/kg). However, the alpha 2 antagonists yohimbine and piperoxan, the alpha 2 agonists medetomidine, guanfacine, and guanabenz, the non-specific alpha antagonist phentolamine, and the alpha 1 antagonist prazosin did not disinhibit conflict responding in the Vogel lick-shock paradigm. In fact, yohimbine has been shown to be anxiogenic in both animals and man. This may be due to yohimbine's lack of specificity and its ability to inhibit GABAergic release. In addition, all of these agents, except idazoxan, did not increase water consumption in water deprived rats. Idazoxan (10 mg/kg) significantly decreased water consumption by 45%. Therefore, idazoxan increased conflict responding for water reward at a dose (10 mg/kg) which also decreased water consumption in a non-conflict paradigm. These data suggest that agents with selective antagonism at the alpha 2 receptor site may be anxiolytic while agents with less specificity at this site such as yohimbine, piperoxan, and phentolamine are not anxiolytic.
But it didn't make sense until I read this post:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/102951-rauwolfia-serpentina-concentrate.html#post1520221

Rauwolfia contains Rauwolscine, AKA Alpha-yohimbine, a fantastic compound that I brought to market in HEAT Stack through Avant Labs.

It has entirely different binding affinities to the A2 receptor subtypes than Yohimbine, including much more dopamine enhancement centrally and in crucial parts of the brain having to do with focus and motivation. It is also anxiolytic, which is a godsend to those people that freak out from taking regular Yohimbine (anxiety CAUSING).

Yes, rauwolfia does contain reserpine, but it is easy to purge from a correctly done extract.
Makes a lot more sense now. :goodpost:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I saw this study when I searched:

But it didn't make sense until I read this post:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/102951-rauwolfia-serpentina-concentrate.html#post1520221

Makes a lot more sense now. :goodpost:
also of note in the study though I have purposely avoided mentioning due to already receiving word that a competitor is copying the STRANgE shots, is the effects of Yhcl on GABA.
The alpha yohimbine, taken with the strange shots, will give a most intense, pleasurable experience - unlike Yhcl.

hough I have

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I'll start pulling and reposting the research, but also run a search for the feedback on HEAT Stack wrt Yohimbine sensitive users.
I had a long round w/ Y-hcl about 10 years ago (I'm probably the only one who remembers Nu-Life's GOoB sale), and I know exactly the kind of pangs, anxiety, etc, saludable talking about.

Even taking HEAT @ the maximum recommended dosage (3x3) I have never had anything even remotely like a 'yohimbe-like' reaction. This after - what, 4 bottles? No experience w/ alpha-Yo as a stand-alone, but I have good confidence.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Cant wait for HEATR stack.Be cool to pick up a few bottles of straight Alpha-Y too.Dsade, have u used HEAT and DCP together?Thats def gonna be my first stack

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cant wait for HEATR stack.Be cool to pick up a few bottles of straight Alpha-Y too.Dsade, have u used HEAT and DCP together?Thats def gonna be my first stack
HEAT and DCP is amazing - great synergy, and you can STILL add in a Yohimbine-free stim.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Sweet-can't wait! Everything still going smooth with Heatr and Alpha-y caps?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm not surprised it worked well for your daughter. This type of formula is perfect for that type of condition.

Sounds good to me, matt. The piperine addition is definitely a great idea. I swear the H.E.A.T. stack is one of the best products i've used to date. Clean and stim free energy/focus. Not to mention, it was one hell of a stack with dcp. ;)
X-F*CKING-2!

LOVE ME SOME HEAT!

Dsade - you know I'm in brah. I love Heat and Clear Shot. Really want to try Strange with Heat.

Put me down for a few bottles of alpha-Y.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Skibidee-badooba

Order PLACED!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was able, after 2 years of trying, to use my leverage to have a special extraction done.

We should be able to get these high potency (probably 9mg each) in bottles of 100 caps for about $12-$14.

I also picked up PLENTY to make sure the STRANGE shots are perfecto!

No word yet on whether a new HEATR will be coming.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damn, 2 caps of that ought to rock
I'm also putting this into the STRANGE Boost. A capped version of the key ingredients that you can drop into your pocket for when the STRANGE Buzz starts to fade, if you so wish.

A little BUMP.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
so is the alpha good for fat loss as well? Like the regular HCL?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

phantom

Awards
  • Established
I was able, after 2 years of trying, to use my leverage to have a special extraction done.

We should be able to get these high potency (probably 9mg each) in bottles of 100 caps for about $12-$14.

I also picked up PLENTY to make sure the STRANGE shots are perfecto!

No word yet on whether a new HEATR will be coming.
Sweet!Lookn forward to this.Even if the HEATR is a no go, throw some of these caps in with DCP-and thats a great cut stack.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote