Alpha GPC Powder 50%

JayNY2Fla

Awards
Alpha GPC Powder 50% -

anyone ever use this ? Was it good is it worth taking? It’s cheap enough but would rather get some feed back and see if people think it’s even worth adding as a regular daily thing/ pre workout

I'm a big fan of Bulk supplements I get a lot of stuff from them and have a-lot of good results. They are my go to brand too be honest. They have it for 19$ 167 servings.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I prefer Choline Citrate and Citicoline myself for personal use.

If I were going to use it personally, I would use either NOW Foods, Doctors Best, or Iconic Formulations EndoAmp that has Alpha GPC and Phosphatidylserine in it.

There are a lot of Alpha GPC supplements on the market that aren't what they claim to be and that don't meet label claims - on a raw material side and on a finished product level.

JayNY2Fla

Awards

If I were going to use it personally, I would use either NOW Foods, Doctors Best, or Iconic Formulations EndoAmp that has Alpha GPC and Phosphatidylserine in it.

There are a lot of Alpha GPC supplements on the market that aren't what they claim to be and that don't meet label claims - on a raw material side and on a finished product level.
Sounds good man. Thanks for that feedback. Do like Now foods but the others I am not familiar with and will def look into.

JayNY2Fla

Awards

Just realized u am familiar with Drs Best and I always pass their stuff up cause I always thought they were just another brand. But I do respect your perspectives in supplementation.
Do you not care for Bulk Supplements? Is there a reason you dnt refer them as a go to product. Have they done something wrong ?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m a big fan. Probably the choline source I use the most (although I like all of them).

Probably used doctors best the most (also has serinaid), but have used NOW a decent bit as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just realized u am familiar with Drs Best and I always pass their stuff up cause I always thought they were just another brand. But I do respect your perspectives in supplementation.
Do you not care for Bulk Supplements? Is there a reason you dnt refer them as a go to product. Have they done something wrong ?
I don't like to say anything negative about any brands, but I also will never refer anyone to brands that I wouldn't use myself.

If you ever see me reply to your threads and acknowledge most of your post but not reply to certain things about particular brands, like has happened with a couple different posts where you've mentioned certain ones, there's usually a reason.

I work on the supply chain side of this industry and I've very OCD about quality and very OCD about quality testing, microbial testing, heavy metals testing, and cross contamination pertaining to allergen issues. 99% of the time, if I wouldn't take something from a brand, its nothing personal - its because of one or more of those issues that I would be concerned with.

And it isn't always that I don't trust anything by someone, it may be that I'm just more specific than most people with exactly what I'm looking for because I know more about what I'm looking for and backend issues with certain ingredients.

For example, with Alpha GPC, there have long been known issues with raw material quality and finished goods quality from a lot of brands, so I'm just very specific with who I would buy it from.

Another example is that I believe you mentioned HMB in a thread and mentioned buying it from a bulk supplier - I've tested or seen test results from over a dozen vendors HMB materials over the years and for me personally, I would only use an HMB that is the branded licensed myHMB raw material. That is the patented version and they were the ones that originally introduced it and specialize in it and in delivering top quality raw materials. Yes, the material costs more than the generic, but what's important to me is that its going to be what its supposed to be and has undergone testing for quality, microbial, and heavy metals safety testing.

JayNY2Fla

Awards
I’m a big fan. Probably the choline source I use the most (although I like all of them).

Probably used doctors best the most (also has serinaid), but have used NOW a decent bit as well.
Thanks Resolve.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get just as good of focus from Citicholine, even better from 50-100 mcg of Huperzine A. Not to mention no known stroke risk with those.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get just as good of focus from Citicholine, even better from 50-100 mcg of Huperzine A. Not to mention no known stroke risk with those.
I like Citicoline but my actual favorite form is Choline Citrate. Choline Citrate doesn't get much talk and attention, mainly because its inexpensive and a bottle lasts forever, so its not nearly as profitable for brands as Alpha GPC or Citicoline.

We are currently out of Choline Citrate but I'm hoping to have it back in within the next 2 weeks.

We made a Huperzine A for years at 100 mcg. per capsule. We are going to be switching up to 200 mcg. per capsule in the future though because we've had so many people ask us to.

JayNY2Fla

Awards
I don't like to say anything negative about any brands, but I also will never refer anyone to brands that I wouldn't use myself.

If you ever see me reply to your threads and acknowledge most of your post but not reply to certain things about particular brands, like has happened with a couple different posts where you've mentioned certain ones, there's usually a reason.

I work on the supply chain side of this industry and I've very OCD about quality and very OCD about quality testing, microbial testing, heavy metals testing, and cross contamination pertaining to allergen issues. 99% of the time, if I wouldn't take something from a brand, its nothing personal - its because of one or more of those issues that I would be concerned with.

And it isn't always that I don't trust anything by someone, it may be that I'm just more specific than most people with exactly what I'm looking for because I know more about what I'm looking for and backend issues with certain ingredients.

For example, with Alpha GPC, there have long been known issues with raw material quality and finished goods quality from a lot of brands, so I'm just very specific with who I would buy it from.

Another example is that I believe you mentioned HMB in a thread and mentioned buying it from a bulk supplier - I've tested or seen test results from over a dozen vendors HMB materials over the years and for me personally, I would only use an HMB that is the branded licensed myHMB raw material. That is the patented version and they were the ones that originally introduced it and specialize in it and in delivering top quality raw materials. Yes, the material costs more than the generic, but what's important to me is that its going to be what its supposed to be and has undergone testing for quality, microbial, and heavy metals safety testing.
thank you very much bro. I am the same. I only want to use the best. Money isn’t an issue when it comes to buying stuff I do pretty good and like to sue stuff that will help most . I only wanna use the best and most proven safe clean supplements. So I appreciate your time and feed back.

so besides obviously SNS and I do currently have 4 Bottles of PA XT , 2 bottles Anacyclus , 2 bottles of Reduce XT and 1 bottle of inhibit P. So I am def giving your company a chance to see how I like them. But I’m also curious besides Now Foods and Drs Best , what other brands do you recommend that you know are proven for quality.

Yes I have noticed before in posts i made that you have avoided saying certain things. Which is why I asked you what I did above.
Thanks again Steve appreciate and respect your advice .

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thank you very much bro. I am the same. I only want to use the best. Money isn’t an issue when it comes to buying stuff I do pretty good and like to sue stuff that will help most . I only wanna use the best and most proven safe clean supplements. So I appreciate your time and feed back.

so besides obviously SNS and I do currently have 4 Bottles of PA XT , 2 bottles Anacyclus , 2 bottles of Reduce XT and 1 bottle of inhibit P. So I am def giving your company a chance to see how I like them. But I’m also curious besides Now Foods and Drs Best , what other brands do you recommend that you know are proven for quality.

Yes I have noticed before in posts i made that you have avoided saying certain things. Which is why I asked you what I did above.
Thanks again Steve appreciate and respect your advice .
Thank you. I appreciate the kind words and also your purchasing the products; I think and hope you'll enjoy them.

I have a different perspective than most because even before SNS and CEL were companies, I already worked in this industry on the supply chain side and formulating for other brands. So even as the companies grew, I still do that; so in addition to the companies that you see supplements from that I'm involved with, there is a lot of backend work that you never see or know that I'm involved in when it comes to the supply chain. That's the main reason I'm very, very careful and specific about brands that I use personally because I unfortunately know all too well to how great of an extent quality issues exist in this industry.

My go to brands for basic items are in this order:
- NOW Foods
- Nature's Way
- Life Extension
- Doctors Best

^^^ Important note - that does not mean that I like all of their formulas or all of the ingredients that they offer; it just means that if I'm looking for a particular ingredient for myself, that I trust their quality.

And working down that list, most basic or simple ingredients can be found in one of those 4 brands.

On the sports nutrition side, most of the big brands are going to meet label claims because they can't afford the legal liability of not meeting them, but on the reverse side, they generally tend to keep their formulas very simple and basic in order to be able to meet those claims and keep costs down.

Something important and very relevant to me, and I'll go ahead and tell you that I'll never, ever use a brand that is 'bagged to fill by the order' because of this is that I have an autoimmune condition and 2 very severe food allergies. And 'bag to fill by the order', unfortunately there is just no way to avoid cross contamination that I know of; and that's fine bc not everyone has these issues that they have to worry about. But I have an anaphylactic allergic to soy protein to where my throat will swell shut and I have the non-celiac autoimmune response to gluten to where even the slightest cross contamination will cause my autoimmune condition to flareup and can lead to connective tissue swelling that can be so bad that I've had flareups where I can't even step up into or out of my Jeep.

So all of the above things are reasons that I'm an advocate for quality control including heavy metals and microbial testing, and also very cautious of allergen cross contamination.

99% of the time, nothing negative that I ever say is directed at any particular brand, its generally to help people make educated decisions for themselves and know things to look out for.

Pet peeves of mine are brands that don't do proper quality and safety testing, brands that claim to to offer ingredients that I know the % extracts don't even exist in the supply chain, and a huge problem in recent years has been brands claiming to offer branded ingredients when that's not really what they're putting in their products - because that's unethical, stealing from the branded ingredient companies, and just straight lying to and deceiving their customers.

JayNY2Fla

Awards
Thank you. I appreciate the kind words and also your purchasing the products; I think and hope you'll enjoy them.

I have a different perspective than most because even before SNS and CEL were companies, I already worked in this industry on the supply chain side and formulating for other brands. So even as the companies grew, I still do that; so in addition to the companies that you see supplements from that I'm involved with, there is a lot of backend work that you never see or know that I'm involved in when it comes to the supply chain. That's the main reason I'm very, very careful and specific about brands that I use personally because I unfortunately know all too well to how great of an extent quality issues exist in this industry.

My go to brands for basic items are in this order:
- NOW Foods
- Nature's Way
- Life Extension
- Doctors Best

^^^ Important note - that does not mean that I like all of their formulas or all of the ingredients that they offer; it just means that if I'm looking for a particular ingredient for myself, that I trust their quality.

And working down that list, most basic or simple ingredients can be found in one of those 4 brands.

On the sports nutrition side, most of the big brands are going to meet label claims because they can't afford the legal liability of not meeting them, but on the reverse side, they generally tend to keep their formulas very simple and basic in order to be able to meet those claims and keep costs down.

Something important and very relevant to me, and I'll go ahead and tell you that I'll never, ever use a brand that is 'bagged to fill by the order' because of this is that I have an autoimmune condition and 2 very severe food allergies. And 'bag to fill by the order', unfortunately there is just no way to avoid cross contamination that I know of; and that's fine bc not everyone has these issues that they have to worry about. But I have an anaphylactic allergic to soy protein to where my throat will swell shut and I have the non-celiac autoimmune response to gluten to where even the slightest cross contamination will cause my autoimmune condition to flareup and can lead to connective tissue swelling that can be so bad that I've had flareups where I can't even step up into or out of my Jeep.

So all of the above things are reasons that I'm an advocate for quality control including heavy metals and microbial testing, and also very cautious of allergen cross contamination.

99% of the time, nothing negative that I ever say is directed at any particular brand, its generally to help people make educated decisions for themselves and know things to look out for.

Pet peeves of mine are brands that don't do proper quality and safety testing, brands that claim to to offer ingredients that I know the % extracts don't even exist in the supply chain, and a huge problem in recent years has been brands claiming to offer branded ingredients when that's not really what they're putting in their products - because that's unethical, stealing from the branded ingredient companies, and just straight lying to and deceiving their customers.
Cool man. Thanks for your help. I am a good judge of character I believe , you seem to be a genuinely good person I think , I get that vibe, so I usually dn t trust anyone but I’ll take your word. I’ll be looking into the brands you named above as well as yours. All the above brands I have used many times but never realized they were actually some of the better brands.