all the different carnitines...

dsohei

Awards
probably beating a dead horse
but i'd like to try these different carnitines, so far theres ALC, lclt, gplc, and plc?
so what i've heard is that alc is a nootropic and increase mental energy, plc increases physical energy, lclt increases recovery...
so what amounts do you take these in?
do they have to be taken separately or can they be combined?
i hear some people have bad results, like tiredness, headaches, diarrhea, etc

plus these all taste very bad right? (so they should be capped?) and can make you smell bad too possibly?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
2g of each. Can be taken separately or combined...bets time is preworkout.

SNS makes ALCAR and PLCAR capped, AI sports makes LCLT capped

jessah13

Awards
I don't think they taste bad at all.

I haven't tried to drink them with straight water, but when mixed with ANYTHING at all I don't notice the addition of the carnitines. I'd buy bulk alcar and plcar from nutraplanet and lclt from ai sports, but if you're willing to pay for the convenience of caps then SNS is the way to go.

The only supplements I absolutely have to cap are pramiracetam and cissus.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Never knew PLCAR gave you energy. Could someone give a short explanation of what to expect taking it? I mean, with regular dosing, could I expect an extra rep or two or maybe add a couple pounds to what I already use to workout or better recovery between sets or is it not like that?

tekno

Awards
I like LEF's optimized carnitine. combo of ALCAR, acetyl l carnitine arginate, and GPLC. A little pricey but they make great products.

dsohei

Awards
ALCAR - 2g in AM or preworkout
PLCAR - 2g in AM or preworkout
LCLT - 2g preworkout
Fumarate - 2g preworkout
thanks for being awesomeeeee
should i also be taking some kind of test booster (like DAA, testofen) during this due to increased androgen receptors from the carnitines? i am already taking erase pro, anabeta elite, igf2 and at2 - started about a week ago and will go for 8 weeks.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
thanks for being awesomeeeee
should i also be taking some kind of test booster (like DAA, testofen) during this due to increased androgen receptors from the carnitines? i am already taking erase pro, anabeta elite, igf2 and at2 - started about a week ago and will go for 8 weeks.
No, the increased AR density doesn't really lend itself to natural testosterone boosters. It may be useful on a true hormonal cycle though.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any need to cycle off of ALCAR?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No, the increased AR density doesn't really lend itself to natural testosterone boosters. It may be useful on a true hormonal cycle though.
lclt noticeably increased the effect of my trt[test cyp 200mg weekly], increased but controlled aggression was noticed almost from the 1st dose. workouts are definately more intense when i am using lclt!!!!

domore

Awards
Any need to cycle off of ALCAR?
As with anything, you should cycle off. As for ALCAR, 3 months on, 1 month off.

Coop and Dr. Houser have some more knowledge on the prolonged use of ALCAR. However, I think it has a chance to turn pro-oxidant if used for extended periods of time. Although, the time period is fairly long, iirc. So, don't worry about pro-oxidation if you are not using it consistently for over half a year.

Also, Coop and others suggests supplementing Na-R-Ala as it has some synergistic effects with ALCAR.

dsohei

Awards
ALCAR - 2g in AM or preworkout
PLCAR - 2g in AM or preworkout
LCLT - 2g preworkout
Fumarate - 2g preworkout
Have any of these recommendations changed? I just got all 4, but have been doing 1g alcar 2x a day for a while, added in 1g of lclt with the alcar 2-3× a day. I know pre workout may be optimal but I'm using it to fight some gnarly form of exhaustion/chronic pain.
Could I do 1g of each 2x a day? Is taking 4g of mixed carnitines at once a problem? Should every carnitine be spaced out?