AE gives BSL's PCT IV the what-for

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's a lot of meets out that ways. You should definetly jump on one of em!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a lot of meets out that ways. You should definetly jump on one of em!
Did one a few years ago, placed 3rd. Waiting 2 more years till I hit 40. Gives me a better chance. :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little fasted cardio in for this am. Legs and shoulders on tap for this afternoon.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Power out till possibly tomorrow. Unfortunately can't workout until it is restored. :aargh:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Power back up. :woohoo: back to normal tomorrow.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a good 2 days worth of workouts. Actually currently finishing up my back/bi routine as I type this.

Thursday:
Incline BP (8 sets)
Flat Flys (5 sets)
JM Press (7 sets)
CGBP (6 sets)
*Nothing notable in terms of weight, however, I will stress the following
  • Joints are very stiff
  • Vascularity is greatly improved
  • Muscular hardness is noticeable to the touch
  • Weight has maintained at roughly 204lbs
  • Appetite is increasing steadily
Friday:
Rack Pulls (8 sets)
BB Rows (4 sets)
Banded Reverse Hypers (4 sets)
Wide grip chins (4 sets)

Concentration curls (4 sets)
Seated incline curls (4 sets)

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
Had a good 2 days worth of workouts. Actually currently finishing up my back/bi routine as I type this.

Thursday:
Incline BP (8 sets)
Flat Flys (5 sets)
JM Press (7 sets)
CGBP (6 sets)
*Nothing notable in terms of weight, however, I will stress the following
  • Joints are very stiff
  • Vascularity is greatly improved
  • Muscular hardness is noticeable to the touch
  • Weight has maintained at roughly 204lbs
  • Appetite is increasing steadily
Friday:
Rack Pulls (8 sets)
BB Rows (4 sets)
Banded Reverse Hypers (4 sets)
Wide grip chins (4 sets)

Concentration curls (4 sets)
Seated incline curls (4 sets)
One of the best logs out there!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Much appreciated. Actually lifting right now. Have had a good couple of days between setting a PR off the box Saturday to smashing one of my favorite back exercises right now. :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finishing up leg day presently as I type this on my phone. Will update with details later, but strength is definitely up. Moving weight off the box much easier than previously. I am sure some can be attributed to the product while others is attributed to the additions of the GHR a few months ago.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Outside of a power rack, bench, and bars; the GHR is one of the best peices of equipment to have IMO. That's awesome you have one.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Outside of a power rack, bench, and bars; the GHR is one of the best peices of equipment to have IMO. That's awesome you have one.
thanks man. Picked one up in a bargain. It truly is essential. Shortly after went out and got my own safety squat bar too. ?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got in some fasted cardio a little later than normal since we have another snow day here in SE PA. Unreal how much snow is coming down and how many spring break days I am losing.

Just finished bottle number 1 this morning. Will have bodyweight update etc.. in a bit

I will say a few things

• muscular hardness it through the rof
  • vascularity is much more prominent
  • strength is up, specifically on legs (355lbs of a 12" box for a double)
  • last I checked, bodyweight only slightly up

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big time workouts today added in to the heavy 2 doses of shoveling. Didn't have a chance to take a pic but weighed in this am at 203. So body weight has not seen any major movement after 1 bottle, but the other aspects are a huge positive.

As an aside, hit 305 on the incline for 2. :woohoo:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got a bit greedy today. Had been on a real roll the last few days. Numbers were up, weight staying the same (at 203lbs).

Did legs today, after spending a great deal of time with very low rack pulls yesterday. Huge mistake. Hit 385lbs off the 12" box without issue. Decided "hey, I bet 405 will be no problem at all". As soon as I stepped out of the rack I knew it was a bad lift. My lower back twinged and my left leg felt off. Went with it anyway. Sat to the box, pushed about 2-3" off and that was it. Back gave, and leaned too far forward. Luckily I have the spud inc safety straps as I had to bail on the weight, and the straps caught it. Tried a few sets of GHR, but the back is not right at all. Note to self, no lower back work before a big squat day :(

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have been taking it a bit easy. Still working out but not pushing too hard.

Had decent results with chest/tris yesterday and back/bis today.

Will be taking tomorrow off and hopefully back to normal work on Wednesday with legs.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
got a bit greedy today. Had been on a real roll the last few days. Numbers were up, weight staying the same (at 203lbs).

Did legs today, after spending a great deal of time with very low rack pulls yesterday. Huge mistake. Hit 385lbs off the 12" box without issue. Decided "hey, I bet 405 will be no problem at all". As soon as I stepped out of the rack I knew it was a bad lift. My lower back twinged and my left leg felt off. Went with it anyway. Sat to the box, pushed about 2-3" off and that was it. Back gave, and leaned too far forward. Luckily I have the spud inc safety straps as I had to bail on the weight, and the straps caught it. Tried a few sets of GHR, but the back is not right at all. Note to self, no lower back work before a big squat day :(
Them back twinges are NEVER a good thing during a lift! A least you were able to walk away from it. Good thing for safety straps!

How's the back doing?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Them back twinges are NEVER a good thing during a lift! A least you were able to walk away from it. Good thing for safety straps! How's the back doing?
a littles stiff not the end of the world and after so many years, it has been much worse.

Just trying to be cognizant of it in my old age.

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
a littles stiff not the end of the world and after so many years, it has been much worse.

Just trying to be cognizant of it in my old age.
I'm right there with ya, haha.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been a busy couple of days. Went lighter than normal on legs yesterday just in an attempt to ease my way back into everything. Did 5 sets at 245 for 8-10 off the box. Legs are definitely sore as hell. Always a good thing

The muscular hardness/pump continues to increase. It's amazing how it seems more pronounced every day.

I am currently doing incline BP and there is one side that needs to be addressed. It is typical with
Arimistane....joint stiffness. Elbows,shoulders and knees have me feeling like a senior citizen at the moment.

Also, I will be purchasing a 3rd bottle just to see what 12 weeks will do with this.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's been a busy couple of days. Went lighter than normal on legs yesterday just in an attempt to ease my way back into everything. Did 5 sets at 245 for 8-10 off the box. Legs are definitely sore as hell. Always a good thing

The muscular hardness/pump continues to increase. It's amazing how it seems more pronounced every day.

I am currently doing incline BP and there is one side that needs to be addressed. It is typical with
Arimistane....joint stiffness. Elbows,shoulders and knees have me feeling like a senior citizen at the moment.

Also, I will be purchasing a 3rd bottle just to see what 12 weeks will do with this.
Sounds like me lately. LOL.... Can't wait to see what a 12 week run will do for you. Any plans or thoughts afterwards?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like me lately. LOL.... Can't wait to see what a 12 week run will do for you. Any plans or thoughts afterwards?
nothing too specific. I usually plat by ear and see what opportunities present themselves.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took today off as I have been feeling terrible since yesterday morning. Now I know why. All 3 in the house are sick. The wife and I have the flu. Daughter has a viral infection. So pissed

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decided to try and work through it. Considering running a fever, I thought it went well. Focused more on shoulders and cardio with just a little bit on legs.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I apologize for the late update. Still battling through the flu. Have not lifted since the diagnosis. Am definitely feeling better and should be back for a lighter leg day tomorrow.

Additionally, have been doing moderate time on the treadmill. Amazing how normally 45 minutes on the highest incline is a breeze. Now 25-30 minutes and I cant catch my breath.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok...so a little better today. Got 30 mins of treadmill time in. Still alittle winded but definitely improving.

Finishing up a chest/tri workout now and strength is still there.

I will also say, considering I haven't been able to lift consistently it has been impressive how my strength, vascularity and muscular density/hardness have been maintained.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Am using today as the gauge for how much effort I can out in. I am feeling much better and got 50 minutes in on the treadmill. Legs will be an adventure this afternoon, but my breathing is much better so I think I am turning the corner...thankfully

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
D@mn brother, you still have this thing pumping on all 8!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Moving along nicely right now. Just finished 40 minutes on my cardio only day. Good sweat and weight still at 203. From the perspective of strength, numbers are maintaining nicely. No real increase recently but a lot of that is as a result of the flu.

Additionally, and interestingly, pants are a bit looser around the waist. Good sign considering body weight still the same.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last week of this log. Everything moving along well. Changing things up to utilize more reps as opposed to higher weight. Muscular endurance is increasing nicely as is muscular hardness. Part of the reason for this change has been the increase in joint pain and stiffness. My right shoulder and collar bone are in bad shape. I have already had 2 operations on my right shoulder so I am heading out for some cissus today. My local VS has a big sale. :woohoo:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My god. It's been a crazy week. Have still been able to workout but work is driving me crazy. Have had very little time to sign in, specifically during the day. It still amazes me how out of their mind HS students are. :)

Some thoughts:
Strength and weight have remained stagnant. The flu definitely took the wind out of my sails in terms of strength gains. Mi do think, based on my experience, that an 8 week run,with the appropriate diet and exercise will see some pretty solid recomp effects.

Will post a final review.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some final thoughts. This is a strong product either as a pct or standalone. I would suggest some powerful joint assistance to run alongside it. I ran OT and greens simultaneously and that wasn't strong enough. So I added some cissus.

With the proper diet and nutrition you have the potential to see consistent results. The most prominent effects don't typically start until weeks 3-4.

One thing of note, I am heading to my orthopedist as it seems I might have a slight labrum tear in my right shoulder. I have already had 2 surgeries on it. I mention this just to try and understand why my strength did not continue is upward trajectory.