Advice on my diet please

nSe7en

Awards
Last two weeks I've started a new diet. Just looking for some advice on wether its good or not. A typical day is as follows.

05:30 wake up
05:45 2 scoops of alphamine
06:00 45 mins cardio
08:00 start work
10:30 oatmeal/porridge
13:00 1 scoop alphamine
13:30 brown rice with mixed veg and chicken/turkey
16:30 USN Diet Lean protein shake
17:00-19:00 BJJ
19:44 Fish/chicken/steak with veg or egg white omelette with one yolk and veg and meat

22:00 bed

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Not really enough info to help you out here--we will need portion sizes & amounts of food as well.
Seems a bit low on KCal at first glance though

nSe7en

Awards
Not really enough info to help you out here--we will need portion sizes & amounts of food as well.
Seems a bit low on KCal at first glance though
Oatmeal pot is 64g with 256Kcal

The brown rice, meat and veg was in a fairly big tub so i have decided to split it. It has 2 cups of brown rice and one chicken breat fillet with chopped onions, augbergines and peppers.

The USN shake is a 1 1/2 scoop which is about 200kcal

Tea is either two average size pieces of chicken fillet or cod with loads of veg, sometimes in a 1 or 2 wholemeal wraps

nSe7en

Awards
Just tried adding everything to the my calorie app along with my daily workout and it says i still need to eat another 1400 calories. I would find it impossible to eat another 1400 calories. I dont go hungry throughout the day at all as I eat often.

Jan 2nd 2012 i was 19stone4 271lbs. Jan 8th 2013 i was 15stone3 (214lbs) This past saturday i dropped to 14stone13 (208lbs) but for some reason today I was 15.3 again. I have stuck to my diet and workout but i seem to have put on weight and did 3 hours of Jiu Jitsu last night and a 5km run.

I don't get the weight increase? I kept my water levels up drinking 4 litres too.

djtitch20

djtitch20

Awards
What are your goals ?

Are you trying to cut some body fat and maintain your muscle mass ?

djtitch20

djtitch20

Awards
It seems to me that the issue here is not your daily Cal intake, but rather meal quantity and timing.

One issue that stands out is that your having essentially 4 meals during the day. To keep your metabolism going I would suggest you have at least 6 meals per day. This should help increase your metabolism and should work well with your Alphamine.

Also man, from waking at 5:30, your going without a meal for 5 hours ? I know the Alphamine may help with suppressing your appetite but again you need to kick start your metabolism first thing in the morning. I recommend you have a meal after your morning cardio, which should help with your metabolism and increase your meal intake to 5.

Hope this helps.