Advice 37 male

anderman

Awards
Hi
A little back story, My Doctor left town and was a big supporter of TRT, We just started the 200 cyp per week and I have had about 4 shots (4 Weeks) then he left. The new doctor does not support TRT, He looked at my lab from a few moths ago (T was about 250) and he said that it perfect. I persuaded him to continue the 200 per week and he gave me a years worth of reoccurring shots.

Since my last shot (three days ago) I have been feeling flu like..Could this be the T shots? Would it come on 5 weeks later? The doctor is not requiring me to get labs done for a year..Is that normal..I can not find any other doctors in the area to give me TRT. Should I just shut up and be thankful I am getting the shots once a week.

I did use androgel and it did nothing, I feel great (minus the last 3 days) I am 37 male..My old doc wanted my levels in the 1500 range..I am afraid if this doctor see that he will freak and take me off the shots.

Thanks for any advice

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Hi
A little back story, My Doctor left town and was a big supporter of TRT, We just started the 200 cyp per week and I have had about 4 shots (4 Weeks) then he left. The new doctor does not support TRT, He looked at my lab from a few moths ago (T was about 250) and he said that it perfect. I persuaded him to continue the 200 per week and he gave me a years worth of reoccurring shots.

Since my last shot (three days ago) I have been feeling flu like..Could this be the T shots? Would it come on 5 weeks later? The doctor is not requiring me to get labs done for a year..Is that normal..I can not find any other doctors in the area to give me TRT. Should I just shut up and be thankful I am getting the shots once a week.

I did use androgel and it did nothing, I feel great (minus the last 3 days) I am 37 male..My old doc wanted my levels in the 1500 range..I am afraid if this doctor see that he will freak and take me off the shots.

Thanks for any advice
Test is a Schedule 2 controlled substance so the max prescription is 6 months.

200 mg once per week will cause issues for most users, split into two per week.

Did your old doc want you at 1,500 at the low end or high end?

Lots of answers in the forums if you look.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No offense, but you are dealing with quacks. You old doc was a supporter of running cycles, because that is what he was having you do with 200 a week shots and wanting to see 1500 levels. That is not only dangerous, but will cause numerous issues in the long run. Now your second doc is continuing this practice and making things worse by not checking you for a year (unheard of), and also keeping you at the levels you are at for over a year.

Personally, I would look for a new doctor, or at least persuade him to run tests more often and also get everything checked and not just test levels.

anderman

Awards
No offense taken, I know they are quacks, That is why I have been reading around to get other thoughts on the subject. Thank you for giving some useful feedback and not just saying "use the search button" I have been reading tons and most say 200 week is OK (But these have been bodybuilding post) The doctors in my area are terrible, We only have 3 or 4 they seen to blow off any questions period. I think I am going to wait until the 8 week mark and request blood work.

You used the term cycling, I thought that was a bodybuilding term..Can you explain what this means?

Thanks again

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First off, if you go to any BB site, they are going to think that 200 ew is fine because they A) don't know anything about TRT, B) are used to running 500mg ew + levels, C) are generally 20 somethings that are just spouting off. We can't say if 200 is where you should be, only labs and consistent monitoring can tell you that- not annual labs. The point is that 200mg is very high for a lifelong TRT dose and you likely are much better served running a lower does split into e3.5d.

A cycle is simply a period of time that you increase your anabolic state through supplements. This can be a steroids or OTC. Generally you run it for a set time and then taper off and run a post cycle to allow your body to start normalizing. To keep your body at 1500 levels of test all the time is taxing on the body and also way out of the range of any normal testing or natural human levels. For a doctor to say he wanted to see you at that level is frustrating to even read.

vassille

Awards
Hi

Thanks for any advice
yes shut up and be thankful you geting this:)
Dont make too many waves keep dosage at 200 and find some arimidex to take with it like .25 once a week. I know everyone screams bloodwork and I aqree but since you are in this situation just go with it. I do my TRT at 250mg a week and I have been doing this for 15 years without ill effects so 200 is not really that high but since your situation kind of forces your hand I would just stick with it. In time your body will get used to the 200mg but you need some arimidex though.
When you take 200mg and your range is 1500 that's only for a day or two by the end of the week your levels would be prob around 500 so if it doesnt bother you the ups and downs it's ok.
The other concern, I think you just have the flu or something.
THe concern with Steroids regardless of the dosage are lipids. Cholesterol support is a must and at the end of the year do a complete check up Or you can do a check up yourself through the web after 6 months and evaluate your options including how you feel vs any negative sides you may encounter.
Having test levels of 250 is imo a lot worse than levels around 500-1500 if you get my drift so dont sweat it you can have blood work done any time but TRT is hard to come by and finding doctors that even believe in it well that's anouther story.;)

gumbercules

gumbercules

Awards
You can get a testosterone test done from an independent lab for around $50 if the doctor won't do it. You can check levels this way and lower the dose yourself if it's too high. Ask your doctor for more frequent tests, if he will order them, for testosterone and lipid values. If lipids start to get worse you might want to dial back the dose.