2 x 8-12 lateral raises 2 reps shy

How does this look for the first day?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Looks fine to me. Just watch you don't overtrain shoulders. They really don't need to be hit with so much volume (if you did this twice a week)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Looks fine to me. Just watch you don't overtrain shoulders. They really don't need to be hit with so much volume (if you did this twice a week)
actually i was planning on a m-w-f split.. so this would only be once per week.. never tried a twice a week split with any body part.. figured i would fail miserably

Grant

Awards
  • Established
4 sets is high volume for the shoulders? Well thats 8 if you consider bench a shoulder one.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Where do you see 4? Lat raises and Arnolds he states. THey we're 5 sets total and I though he would be doing this 2 times a week. YOU don't need to hit shoulders 10 sets per week. 8 max and I would spread it out.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Whoops. Damn that sucks. I have been doing 10 sets for shoulders and Im growing, but now its pct time. I usually do 10-12 sets for big muslce groups (back, legs, chest) and 6-9 for small (shoulders tris, bis) would you suggest anything different? I use a 3 day split

chest tri
back bi
leg shoulders

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Where do you see 4? Lat raises and Arnolds he states. THey we're 5 sets total and I though he would be doing this 2 times a week. YOU don't need to hit shoulders 10 sets per week. 8 max and I would spread it out.
Also thought it said 2 instead of 3 thats where I got 4.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, okay I will try and figure out a 3-4 day split and then post it.

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, Grant, if you want to keep any of those gains during PCT, just make sure you cut your workout at around the 40-minute mark, otherwise the catabolic hormones will destroy them.