Answered A question about Arachidonic cycle length

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I have a question regarding arachidonic acid. I still have one bottle left (100caps) I have been taking 4 caps pre workout 5 times per week for 7 weeks now. To complete the 50 days worth of workouts I still got 3 weeks to go (15 workouts).
My question is to wether up the dosage and finish it at the 50 days or I add 2 more weeks at 4 caps pre workout as I'm running an MD training program and if stop ARA at the 50 days, I will still have 2 last weeks in the program and are the hardest. Stop or extend?

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would up the dosage just to finish with a kick, however, running a couple of weeks longer for this cycle is not a problem. Just take time off ARA equal to cycle length. Go for 6 caps!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d extend. I like to run stuff that coincides with my training plans (I mean the point of supplements is to help out what we are doing) and I don’t feel the 50 days is a hard rule.

Just take a decent time off after and it should be all good.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To my knowledge, the 50 day thing was only based on the fact that the first human study was run for 50 days, so that was shown to be safe in humans. Realistically, I’d bet you could run that indefinitely. Not that you should, but it won’t kill you.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I would up the dosage just to finish with a kick, however, running a couple of weeks longer for this cycle is not a problem. Just take time off ARA equal to cycle length. Go for 6 caps!
I like this idea as well. You will need time off after using ARA for 50 days, so make sure you use that time to get your omega 3s in

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
To my knowledge, the 50 day thing was only based on the fact that the first human study was run for 50 days, so that was shown to be safe in humans. Realistically, I’d bet you could run that indefinitely. Not that you should, but it won’t kill you.
Nail on head :) I usually limit omega 3 intake during my Ara run, so I limit my runs to 50 days to get my omega 3s back in

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like this idea as well. You will need time off after using ARA for 50 days, so make sure you use that time to get your omega 3s in
Yep I do this as well. Works good and the 50 days of taking x gels lasts a long longer than you think with nice results:)

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
There is mixed suggestions. But it seems you guys recommend me to better up the dosage and keep it to 50 days only. So that's what I'm going to do. 6 caps and then get omega 3's