A Month of R&R w/ FinaFlex

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been chowing down on cocoa powdered almonds. Holy crap they're awesome
I can confirm. I've had to buy the individual packet ones to eat on the go because the ones sold in the big bags are unsafe to be around, ha ha.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can confirm. I've had to buy the individual packet ones to eat on the go because the ones sold in the big bags are unsafe to be around, ha ha.
I about crapped myself when I saw the serving size was like a half cup and I ate half the container

woops

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you had the strawberry or blueberry or raspberry flavored almonds? Oooooeeemmmgeee. Delish!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
this - brings to mind our DW (doug)..because dude will just maul on.....(see below)

I about crapped myself when I saw the serving size was like a half cup and I ate half the container

woops
this
:yikes:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So yesterday, like I said, I took a serving of BCAA/SAA around 0900. Last night all I did was some soft tissue release on the glutes, side hip, and thoracic spine with the lacrosse ball, voodoo knee compression to relieve some pain and some banded distractions to help clear a right hip impingment.

I dosed a 1/2 scoop of G8 with 8oz of water at 1045. Again, I noticed the relaxed/calming affect of it within 20 minutes or so and passed out and woke up at 6, without waking up once during the night. I also gave the guy I share a duty room with at work a 1/2 scoop as well and he said he was out like a light.

Today will be some bench pressing/back/tricep work after dinner.

I havent experienced any DOMS from Sundays squats. My hips and knees ache a tad, but that's not from anything muscular obviously.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice
you are a caring, sharing dude
Between him and I, we have a full supplement store in our lockers at work lol

That's all he gets though, the rest is mine, damnit.

As a side note: I did got the slightest of headaches when I laid down in bed for about 5 minutes. I'm not sure if that's from the Phenibut in the product or if it's completely unrelated. Could be from a number of things. I've never taken anything with Phenibut before. I'm a huge GABA fan and like how I can get the same relaxed feeling from G8. Other products that contain GABA are severely underdosed IMO and work soley off of whatever meletonin or valerian root is in it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
yes G8 is really nice blend of compounds - all truly effective, and there for a synergistic reason
the headache - could be, altho this is certainly not something that is commonly ascribed to phenibut - but that compound can have wide variances in how you tolerate it too..big thing is, make sure you are rotating use ie take 1-2 days off weekly (I prefer 2 myself)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the advice. I was looking up information on Phenibut last night so I had it in my had that it was a possible cause. I haven't noticed anybody else mentioning it in other logs, so it's probably unrelated. It's been a few days on so I'll take it off tonight. We'll see the differences in sleep quality at least.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bench 5x1@95% of T1RM
http://youtu.be/1Q-T0uEf6zA

Warmup
DeFranco Simple 6
Couch stretch

Bench Press
250x5x1
275x1x5 + 2-Board (2-Board PR, including shirted work?)

JM Press
185x5x5

Dips
BWx5x10

Pull-ups
Wide Grip x2x8
Neutral Grip x1x7
" " x3x6

Seated DB Cleans/Banded Tri Pressdown/Banded Crunches 20's/Lights

Shoulders were snap, crackle, and poppin tonight. No bueno. Severe lack of energy all day but I made the most of my Bench and JM Presses. Diet combined with work was screwed up today.

1x BCAA/SAA with 10oz water and ice post workout while my stomach settles so I can get some good in. Forgot if I mentioned or not, but this powder mixes very easily. Normally any BCAA powder is so light it takes forever for it to settle. More n more I'm liking the taste as well. It's in my top 3 powdered flavors I think.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bench 5x1@95% of T1RM
http://youtu.be/1Q-T0uEf6zA

Warmup
DeFranco Simple 6
Couch stretch

Bench Press
250x5x1
275x1x5 + 2-Board (2-Board PR, including shirted work?)

JM Press
185x5x5

Dips
BWx5x10

Pull-ups
Wide Grip x2x8
Neutral Grip x1x7
" " x3x6

Seated DB Cleans/Banded Tri Pressdown/Banded Crunches 20's/Lights

Shoulders were snap, crackle, and poppin tonight. No bueno. Severe lack of energy all day but I made the most of my Bench and JM Presses. Diet combined with work was screwed up today.

1x BCAA/SAA with 10oz water and ice post workout while my stomach settles so I can get some good in. Forgot if I mentioned or not, but this powder mixes very easily. Normally any BCAA powder is so light it takes forever for it to settle. More n more I'm liking the taste as well. It's in my top 3 powdered flavors I think.
Great workout and i love those JM presses. My left shoulder pops n feels weird when i do lat pulldowns sometimes. Im not sure if its the angle or what.

The powder mixes great i must agree and the flavors are spot on!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great workout and i love those JM presses. My left shoulder pops n feels weird when i do lat pulldowns sometimes. Im not sure if its the angle or what.

The powder mixes great i must agree and the flavors are spot on!
Yeah the JM presses are easy on the shoulders too. I need to implement them a lot more.

Ive been battling crap shoulders. More rear delt work has been helping but I've been lazy with it lately. It could be the angle maybe.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed on the mixability (think I just made up a word). Taste, not my absolute favorite but like you, it's in my top three and that says a lot.

My shoulders used to pop a lot before I focused more on rear delt work. I can't be sure, but I'd like to think that it has helped, as I don't notice quite as much popping, if any at all, anymore.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's crisp and refreshing, which a lot of powders aren't. I think this, and OG Jack3d Fruit Punch are my favorite powder flavors.

Agreed on the mixability (think I just made up a word). Taste, not my absolute favorite but like you, it's in my top three and that says a lot.

Got off work this morning. I took advantage of having the house to myself and just slept. Woke up and didnt feel like doing sprints on the track. I'll hit up the prowler after tomorrow's deadlifts.

Low carb day, which I still can't get used too. Just did a light mobility WOD tonight. Soft tissue release with the lacrosse ball, worked on my shoulders, external rotation of the hips, and hip flexors.

I took a 1/2 scoop of G8 and 1 scoop of BCAA+SAA to assist with the taste. It took me a bit longer to achieve the relaxed state (~45 min) but I plowed some ground beef before hand so that's why.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Good stuff in here bud.

I'm just starting to work on my arch for bench. Holy uncomfortable but man it makes a difference in form. It's no wonder my shoulders are effed up from my shytty form over the years.

G8 is definitely I'm it's own category. I have two tubs in my stash. Good stuff

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, man. Bench press is the one lift that just hasn't "clicked" for me, and it hurts my Total. There's too many variables involved. Completely agree with you on the shoulder health.

Good stuff in here bud.

I'm just starting to work on my arch for bench. Holy uncomfortable but man it makes a difference in form. It's no wonder my shoulders are effed up from my shytty form over the years.
So....I slept the same amount of time as I did the night before (when I didnt take G8). Once I got out of bed I already felt alert and awake. Yestersay, all I wanted to do was go back to sleep, which I did.

Normally on my off days, I'll drop my son off at daycare then go back home to sleep. Today, that's unnecessary. I'll be plowing mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries to get ready for deadlifting, instead

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Sub'd! I saw the post about mixing the G8 & BCAA/SAA - that makes a great combo, imo

I agree - I'll drink G8 & can feel a relaxing wave come over about 15 minutes after

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for joinin buddy!

In... great log so far Sean
Deadlift 5x1@95% of T1RM

**** Texas Power bars

Warmup
SuperD Hip Reset
Hip Hlexor stretch
DeFranco Agile 8
Unsucessful KStarr back tweak/reset

Sumo Deadlift
450x5x1

4" Sumo Block Pull
475x1
495x1 tore my ****ing palm wide open
515x1
515x1x3 AMRAP

Deficit SLDL
325x3x8

DB Lunges/Low Pulley Facepull(name?, breezy posted it)
40x5x10/60x5x15

Standing Cable Crunches/BW Reverse Hyper

Stair Stepper

BCAA+SAA immediately post workout w/ 8oz of water.

Couldn't get a groove until the 5th set.

http://youtu.be/z_WyEnSR4MQ

So this is my last set of 450 and my 515x3. I was on my toes again with 450 and was having trouble pushing out on them. Hip flexors weren't feeling it at all and I had trouble getting my hips into the bar. I compare the position and push through the sides of my feet at 450 and 515. 515 felt great and I felt a nice pop up because of it. I need to reciprocate that feeling.

So, my ****ing right hip is frustrating the crap out of me. SI joint possibly? Just feels blocked when trying to open. Ideas?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
So, my ****ing right hip is frustrating the crap out of me. SI joint possibly? Just feels blocked when trying to open. Ideas?
wait - you're the therapist/preventative movement/rolling guy, and your asking us for help?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wait - you're the therapist/preventative movement/rolling guy, and your asking us for help?
lol hey I said I'm taking up an interest in it and copycat YouTube & Supple Leopard! Now I'm stumped. :(

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bed at 1045, awake at 0515. Shy over half scoop G8 and half scoop BCAA+SAA taken at 10.

I woke up in the middle of the night to turn the AC a bit cooler. I don't wanna say I felt intoxicated, but I had been sleeping so hard I woke up a little delirious and I just want to get back to sleep

Now I'm a bit groggy. Wanted to sleep more.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Strong man and yeah I wake up before my time I feel almost intoxicated.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So... is it possible the effects become more pronounced? I half scooped it again last night. I woke up about an hour after falling asleep to take a piss (note to self: stop drinkin so much damn water) and I was stumbling around to the bathroom I was so sleepy. It's ****ing awesome. I laid back down and was out like a light and didnt wake up once. That being said, I'll be refraining from taking more than a half scoop while on duty and my off days will be scheduled on days I'm on duty. I've taken other sleep supps and have woke. up in the middle of the night to respond to a case and have woken up fine. G8, I'm unsure how long it'll take me to become fully alert when not allotted an appropriate sleep time. However, after 6 hours of sleep, I perked right up out of bed.

May try a full scoop tonight. Headed to the gym now

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
actually no - it is most powerful at first, and becomes better tolerated and less impactful the more you use it
this is why I advise the 5on/2off rotation of use, to not only keep effects fresh and new again, but also to avoid any habit-forming addiction where you then require it to go to sleep
if not used properly, this formulation can present all kinds of issues

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
actually no - it is most powerful at first, and becomes better tolerated and less impactful the more you use it
this is why I advise the 5on/2off rotation of use, to not only keep effects fresh and new again, but also to avoid any habit-forming addiction where you then require it to go to sleep
if not used properly, this formulation can present all kinds of issues
Fair enough. Must have been G8, combined with a long day at work and waking up shortly after falling asleep.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday

OHP 5x1@95% of T1RM

Warmup
DeFranco Simple 6
Strong Bamded Bully
Barbell Deltoid Mash

OHP
165x4x1
165x1x4

Standing Neutral Grip DB Press
60x5x10

DB Rows (my cardio for the day)
145x4x8

Low Pulley Facepulls/DB Curls/Rolling Tri Ext

Post WO- 1 Scoop BCAA+SAA

Pre-Sleep- 1 full scoop of G8. Slept from midnight to 0745 without waking up once. Up and about and not feeling groggy, just well rested

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah if you get near the 8 hour mark there is no grogginess at all. Could also be that you woke up earlier in the process to urinate than normal so you felt more disoriented? Still if on duty a lower dose is a good idea.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah if you get near the 8 hour mark there is no grogginess at all. Could also be that you woke up earlier in the process to urinate than normal so you felt more disoriented? Still if on duty a lower dose is a good idea.
I think I was just beat from the day and felt disoriented when I woke up from a deep sleep. Nothing concerning.

Full scoop last night was great. Not too much of a difference between a half and full, so I'll keep it at a half so I can keep taking it longer :)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I was just beat from the day and felt disoriented when I woke up from a deep sleep. Nothing concerning.

Full scoop last night was great. Not too much of a difference between a half and full, so I'll keep it at a half so I can keep taking it longer :)
Half scoop is my personal sweet spot. Btw make sure to shake the tub. G8 settles quite a bit so you might be thrown off a bit by the dosage in that regard. I noticed if I let it sit two days without shaking then I get a little denser half scoop then when it's shaken and fluffy. Plus all the good stuff is at the bottom then :)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Half scoop is my sweet spot too. Great relaxation and great sleep and shaking it is definitely recommended.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the advice gents.

Squats 5x5@75% of T1RM Cycle 2

All training maxes increased 5# & 10# respectively.

Squats
Bar x15 + EFS Knee Sleeves, Olympic shoes
145x15
235x5
325x3
392x5x5 + Belt

Brutal

GHR/Unilateral Leg Press
BWx5x12/270x4x12

BCAA+SAA x1 scoop following the squats. Refreshing!!

I felt a tad spaced out and nauseous today so I breezed through the assistance work to get home. I refuse to get sick.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
me too - seems to work, only get sick maybe 1x every other yr
I've had sick people around me for the past 2-3 months and continue to avoid it. Been lucky, real lucky. Being sick blows.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had sick people around me for the past 2-3 months and continue to avoid it. Been lucky, real lucky. Being sick blows.
Cursed yourself.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get sick like once a year and will usually vomit anything I eat and end up losing 10lbs

Rest of the year I'm fine lol

So I normally set alarms on my phone every 5 minutes until I have to get up. It's annoying but if I don't, I'll silence it and continue sleeping. This way I'm a bit more conscious by the 5th alarm to know I gotta get up.

This morning the first alarm went off. Laid there thinking Id fall back asleep. Nope. Not with G8. I'm feeling rested enough to get my ass out of bed for work.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get sick like once a year and will usually vomit anything I eat and end up losing 10lbs

Rest of the year I'm fine lol

So I normally set alarms on my phone every 5 minutes until I have to get up. It's annoying but if I don't, I'll silence it and continue sleeping. This way I'm a bit more conscious by the 5th alarm to know I gotta get up.

This morning the first alarm went off. Laid there thinking Id fall back asleep. Nope. Not with G8. I'm feeling rested enough to get my ass out of bed for work.
Ah, the power of good supplements. I used to love the snooze button too. More often than not, I wake up before the alarm anymore. Was annoying at first but I'm glad when I don't have to hear that wretched sound.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No gym today. I don't have it in me after work today. Rather spend the few hours I have with mini-me.

BCAA+SAA and G8 cocktail commencing in 30 minutes. Let the green help me sleep!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, the power of good supplements. I used to love the snooze button too. More often than not, I wake up before the alarm anymore. Was annoying at first but I'm glad when I don't have to hear that wretched sound.
I hate the sound of my alarm. Really makes me angry but its necessary evil for me.

No gym today. I don't have it in me after work today. Rather spend the few hours I have with mini-me.

BCAA+SAA and G8 cocktail commencing in 30 minutes. Let the green help me sleep!
Sometimes a rest day must be taken, plus family time is a great time.

Sleep you shall once it kicks in!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No lifting updates. Unsure when I'll hit the gym again.

Dosed 1/2 scoop G8 and 1 scoop BCAA+SAA last night around 830, asleep by 915, up at 530. Solid sleep as usual.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No lifting updates. Unsure when I'll hit the gym again.

Dosed 1/2 scoop G8 and 1 scoop BCAA+SAA last night around 830, asleep by 915, up at 530. Solid sleep as usual.
Sleeping good every night is boring isn't it? :)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta say, I haven't had a single dream on F8. Out like a ****ing light.
This is something I actually really enjoy. Most sleep aids produce vivid dreams and since when I dream I have nightmares I don't like that lol. No such problems with G8.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hadn't used G8 in a while because of the baby. I went back to it recently. He's not so much a ninja anymore in my sleep, or at least I don't feel it. G8 is the jam!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So...3 days off and barely eating kicked my ass bigtime.

Bench 5x5@75% of T1RM

Bench 215x5x5 (miscounted, thought it was 210 until the third set, oh well)

Incline Bench
70x5x10

DB Rows
150x5x8 Wanted to vomit

Low Pulley Facepulls
70x5x10

Rolling Tricep Extentions
45+ Red Mini x5x10

1 scoop BCAA+SAA on the drive home

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is something I actually really enjoy. Most sleep aids produce vivid dreams and since when I dream I have nightmares I don't like that lol. No such problems with G8.
I have the same problem, so looking forward to my first dosing tonight - and solid sleep with no dreams!

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
That's funny cuz I don't find myself dreaming at all either with G8. If I did then I sure as hell don't remember any of them haha