A methyl in PCT?!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to finish a PH cycle, where I stacked Finigenx and Phera-plex, so one of the two PH had a methyl in it. Starting PCT in a week and a half, I found something that suprised me. This is what is in my PCT -

Liquid Nolva (50 for the first week ED, dropping to 25 afterwards)
Reound XT (50 for the first week ED, dropping to 25 afterwards
Retain (Made by AX, for cortisol control)

In the product Retain, there is a methyl in it. Here's the ingredients:
p-Tyramine, Clary Sage Extract, 17a-methyl-baET 50 mg
Now if I'm not mistaken, isn't 17a-methyl the toxic methyl in all of the methyl PH?

I know methyls should be used with care, and have had plenty of liver protectants on this cycle. The cycle is 7 weeks long, with Finigenx weeks 1-7 and PP 4-7. With Retain, which I plan on using for four weeks, that would make 8 weeks straight of using a product with a methyl in it.

Should I be worried about this? And do I need to take the same liver protectants as I have on cycle? I planned on taking the protectants two weeks into PCT, but I planned it to stop taking them there.

Here is another stupid question. I'm in college, and I drink every now and then. I was planning on having a few drinks after I have gone into a full week of PCT. Is that alright? After seeing that I will be using a product with a methyl in it during PCT, is worries me. Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey bro its good that you are cautious but not all methyls harm the liver. For example, caffeine is methylated but its not toxic to the liver. I also belevie ALRI who licensed it to AX said it was not harmful to the liver either.

I doubt that if you dont go overboard with the drinks that it will hurt you that much. I wouldnt do it just to be safe, but if ur not all out binging i wouldnt stress to heavily on it.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Simple rule of thumb: 1 pint of water with each alcoholic beverage.. Drinking on PCT is abit of a waste anyway, but I digress..

Retain is not liver toxic, either that or my last bloodwork proves I'm not human.. ;)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Not saying that Retain is hepatoxic but using caffeine as an example is not appropriate as it is not a 17a-methyl.

caffeine: 3,7-Dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

If I am not mistaken, I believe it is usually the metabolites that are damaging to hepatocytes.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not saying that Retain is hepatoxic but using caffeine as an example is not appropriate as it is not a 17a-methyl.

caffeine: 3,7-Dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

If I am not mistaken, I believe it is usually the metabolites that are damaging to hepatocytes.
True, but it was a general statement to show that something we use regularly is indeed a methyl.. ;)

Or something like that..

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True, but it was a general statement to show that something we use regularly is indeed a methyl.. ;)

Or something like that..
yea exactly, i was just making the point that just because its methylated, doesnt always mean its hepatoxic.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup: Gotcha.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Simple rule of thumb: 1 pint of water with each alcoholic beverage.. Drinking on PCT is abit of a waste anyway, but I digress..

Retain is not liver toxic, either that or my last bloodwork proves I'm not human.. ;)
I'm going with the latter. Anyone who actually gains more on PHs can't be human. Freak.:ntome:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Didn't we have a similar discussion about Ultra Hotter?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
we most certainly did.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
darn, i guess i missed that thread then...

thanks for the replys though! huge relief to me
im not a huge drinker at all, but i do appreciate the occasional crunkness on the weekends and at some beruit gatherings

i hear ya though on drinking on PCT, as it is directly counterproductive to what your trying to accomplish at that time, and i really gotta put myself on limits when i go out

i must be a lightweight now too haha..... we'll see!
thanks for the help

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
still curious if anyone knows exactly what 17-a-methyl-bAET is...