A lot of hypocrisy here lately

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The board slogan of AM is, "Learn, Teach, Lead," yet, recently, there has been a shift from this position. As a general rule of thumb, and an overall board rule, discussion and/or the use of AAS by those under the age of 21 is frowned upon. In addition to this, it is a universally accepted rule that diet is the #1 determinant of gains/progress when it comes to BBing, PLing, etc. However, more and more often, both of these principles are being ignored without any consequence or reproduction.

There are dozens of threads everyday about the same handful of questions about 6 or so DS and most of them are between the ages of 20-24 with little experience and a shaky understanding of diet. What's worse is that there is one prominent member, whom I will not name, that has knowingly broken the age requirement about AAS discussion and even posted a log with a good chunk of the board supporting him.

Whatever happened to the integrity of this board? In the past 2-3 years, the tone of AM has drastically changed from more of a "hardcore" board to a enthusiast board. Many of the prominent members from when I first came across this board are gone and even many of the Mod's have changed. I'm not posting to make a statement about how someone should live their life, but I am asking for everyone to please do their part to return the prominence of this board by reducing the level of character bashing, company slander, etc.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, the board has gone through a natural evolution, its happened on all most ebery board im a long term member of.

At the start theres a core of members, who through natural decay leave one by one, then one day you realise your now the longest serving member of a board and everything you joined for, well its gone.

At least thats my feelings anyway.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya it seems everyone just wants to take some steroids nowadays...

I also get surprised when supposed good members of the board suddenly post their diet and training and I am left wondering why they take so many supplements yet seem to have some basic lacking knowledge...

O well at least those individuals put it out there and usually get some people to help them!

With that said there are still plenty of great people on here with tons of knowledge and are really helpful in diet and training advice..and appreciate the help any of them have given me :thumbsup:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I understand you and am in agreement alot of questions on here are crazy now a days and so are many responses. I'm all about help and encourgement but one of the greatest threads lately was the how to be a board guru thread. I hope that woke alot of people up. Also DIET DIET How many times do we see people on a cut lean bulk etc with "My Diet is on point" or something of that nature but sitting at mid to high teens BF%. I mean really you don't need cycles and clen and t3 and a host of other things to get to 11-12% BF that's reasonable good diet. Diet and Training. If people took as long researching these aspects and focusing on them as they did on their "cycle" I gurantee they'd have much better results. I mean i am by no means an expert and don't claim to be. but how many times have we seen I eat clean or try to take in this much a day. IF your not keeping track your lacking a big part of the equation that goes for training journals and plans also

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
On the part about the character bashing, well, it's not good that it happens. I have probably contributed to a few punches myself, and can say that I should not have; however, it's going to happen. As the board grew, more subtopics were added, and more areas of interest and companies joined the board.

If anyone has ever moved into a new suburban area, or community, you remember how pleasant and quiet it was at first, with just a few houses? Then, as the area becomes popular and more people build houses and move in, what happens? More ruckus, more people, more commotion and confusion ...

As more people came in, more topics went up and threads/areas. That gives way to way more conversation, and when you increase the level of activity, negative spots are abound to occur. This doesn't excuse it, but, it happens still.

I think the biggest thing is that we have to get back to understanding that it's just an online board, and there is no reason to waste energy arguing and striking each other with negatives because it HARDLY EVER changes anyone's opinion or stance.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will admit that I used to be guilty of overdoing it. I can recall a particular cycle of 1T/MOHN along with Clen and T3 cycled intermittently. It got me to a new level of aesthetics, but it was far from anything healthy. Not coincidentally, I got sick and lost most of the progress that I had made. After that point, I decided that it was much better for me to do a lifestyle approach instead of going form extremes of bulking and cutting.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, wake up on the wrong side of the board?

Questions will continue to be asked and the longer you're around the more of the same type will be seen. It works this way regardless of the type of forum you're on. When you have an increased user base then the numbers seen will increase. It's just the way it works. We're not going to come in and delete a thread because the question has been asked an answered already. If members didn't come in and feel the need to jump down the OP's throat causing a three page insult fest, the thread in question would fall off the front page

If the thread starter is under age then just report the thread. it'll get taken care of. As for the member you're speaking of, it's sometimes hard to keep track of every designer type and design. There's a fine line between legal and illegal and what's a steroid and what isn't etc. This one claims to convert 17 times and may resemble test or whatever.

Diet and training have always been shown to be the number one factor in gaining size and strength but i've been here a good bit longer than you and i've seen the same craze today as i did when M1T was put out and transdermals were the rage. There has been no change in here. Just how long you've been seeing the same thing by the same types of people.

Integrity of the board hasn't changed. The law and the consequences have...

As for Mod changes; there have been very few.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Honestly if you come and hardcore jump at the stupid things people do , often times they just dig their heels in and do it more. Well. so and so is just an ass..I'll show him.

Its like picking arguments with your kids, you choose the most important battles and let the rest slide. As they learn to respect you and your views they change on their own..lead by example!

It's better to offer perspective and extend a helpful foot forward than to critisize. How many of us actually listen to that anyway, I listen to those I've developed a friendship with and respect. So be helpful, show them how you do things, then let the laws of them making their own choices fall in. Afterall you can't control what others do, only how you respond to it.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
While I agree with rodja on some of these issues such as the board generally getting softer and the importance of diet being sometimes ignored, that member you are referring to with the log was over 18, until the legal age for taking these products is 21 there is no harm in him posting logs, at over 18 he has a right to decide to put what he wants in his body...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The board slogan of AM is, "Learn, Teach, Lead," yet, recently, there has been a shift from this position. As a general rule of thumb, and an overall board rule, discussion and/or the use of AAS by those under the age of 21 is frowned upon. In addition to this, it is a universally accepted rule that diet is the #1 determinant of gains/progress when it comes to BBing, PLing, etc. However, more and more often, both of these principles are being ignored without any consequence or reproduction.
There are dozens of threads everyday about the same handful of questions about 6 or so DS and most of them are between the ages of 20-24 with little experience and a shaky understanding of diet. What's worse is that there is one prominent member, whom I will not name, that has knowingly broken the age requirement about AAS discussion and even posted a log with a good chunk of the board supporting him.
Whatever happened to the integrity of this board? In the past 2-3 years, the tone of AM has drastically changed from more of a "hardcore" board to a enthusiast board. Many of the prominent members from when I first came across this board are gone and even many of the Mod's have changed. I'm not posting to make a statement about how someone should live their life, but I am asking for everyone to please do their part to return the prominence of this board by reducing the level of character bashing, company slander, etc.
What consequences do you suppose should be emposed.

You find underaged posters - report them. 10's of thousands of post cannot and will not be patroled by this staff. I'll rely on your integrity to report unethical and rule infraction posting.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established

Thank you...

Biggest reason I rarely post anymore, just like virtually every other member who has been around awhile, this board is not what it used to be - far from it.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's better to offer perspective and extend a helpful foot forward than to critisize. How many of us actually listen to that anyway, I listen to those I've developed a friendship with and respect. So be helpful, show them how you do things, then let the laws of them making their own choices fall in. Afterall you can't control what others do, only how you respond to it.
I totally agree with you yesterday i gave two pieces of advice not in a harsh manner but by relaying my personal experience and they both listened and understood where I was coming from.

One of the people wanted to jump back on cycle fairly quickly and instead of jumping on him or giving the old time on = time off speech I explained that i had been in his position and done the same thing over the years and the results weren't as great and that if he took more time off he'd probablly be alot more happy. I think by not lecturing him and just relaying my experience with the same decision i made him realize that waiting a little while longer was a good idea.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
The board has changed alot in the short time i have been here, I post threads sure, i reply. But i rarely attack anyone. If i see something i personally don't like i don't go to the thread, and if i feel its against rules... well i report it like everyone should.

Steroids aren't for me, i hate meds and i hate taking sups period. I'm fine with Whey protien multivitamins and a few others.

Truth is the board has changed alot, and i see newer members attacked more and more. Just my observation tho.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I remember being a local at an old board called OML. One Minute Left. Its gone now...I was there for around 6 years, it was a gaming community. Great members, it grew huuuge. Developed its own clan. I became the leader of that which was called the OML Army. This was back before consol gaming hit online u know. Well one by one, the oldies drifted away, and random people filled the ranks. I became busy, and eventually came back realizing I knew no one anymore... And then decided to take my leave as well, seeing as my time had come.

Went back about a month ago just to check....sites down, went down in 04 aparantly.

I remember a bunch of us making posts how it would never change, and we would always have OML.....

Parting is such sweet sorrow?

Its the way things work. Eventually one by one most of us will drive off this board, many will stay considering there are Reps, and Owners, and some of us couldnt live without AM(me!me!me!).

I think every one bashes a bit...they just get stressed out. I am very very cautious about using a PH, and I may be here soon....but I am cautious like I said and keep over analyzing it in my head. But most people get on here saying *I am 5 days into superdrol/tren stack, my nutz hurt and my nipples tingle* And that is their first post...

And the idea that it is those people who do no research who are causing the bans.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, wake up on the wrong side of the board?

Questions will continue to be asked and the longer you're around the more of the same type will be seen. It works this way regardless of the type of forum you're on. When you have an increased user base then the numbers seen will increase. It's just the way it works. We're not going to come in and delete a thread because the question has been asked an answered already. If members didn't come in and feel the need to jump down the OP's throat causing a three page insult fest, the thread in question would fall off the front page

If the thread starter is under age then just report the thread. it'll get taken care of. As for the member you're speaking of, it's sometimes hard to keep track of every designer type and design. There's a fine line between legal and illegal and what's a steroid and what isn't etc. This one claims to convert 17 times and may resemble test or whatever.

Diet and training have always been shown to be the number one factor in gaining size and strength but i've been here a good bit longer than you and i've seen the same craze today as i did when M1T was put out and transdermals were the rage. There has been no change in here. Just how long you've been seeing the same thing by the same types of people.

Integrity of the board hasn't changed. The law and the consequences have...

As for Mod changes; there have been very few.
There have been a decent number of Mods leave. Yeahright, BPF, Size, Sage, Matthew D, Lean One, ManBeast, JBlaze, etc were all Mods when I first started reading the board.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeahright= Still here
BPF= Left to become a rep and start a supp line
Size= Started his own forum/business
ManBeast= Gave up mod for a certain reason that had nothing to do with the board
JBlaze= Became a rep then got out of the hobby

Most reasons they were leaving had nothing to do with AM or how it was going. They had other parts of their life take priority or they just stopped spending as much time or took other opportunities... You make it sound as if they got pissed and left.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeahright= Still here
BPF= Left to become a rep and start a supp line
Size= Started his own forum/business
ManBeast= Gave up mod for a certain reason that had nothing to do with the board
JBlaze= Became a rep then got out of the hobby

Most reasons they were leaving had nothing to do with AM or how it was going. They had other parts of their life take priority or they just stopped spending as much time or took other opportunities... You make it sound as if they got pissed and left.
I never meant to insinuate that they left because of a general disapproval of the direction of the board. I was commenting more along the lines on the turnover here.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeahright and I were the last two to be made mods and that's been quite a while. While there has been a few that left. The originals who guided the board are still here, Cosmos/Bobo, B5150, Bigv.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
It's not so much the less intelligent/poorly researched questions that bother me, but more the way certain people answer them (rude, condescending, hypercritical, etc) -- especially when such behavior is unwarranted. I find comments that contain the qualities I just mentioned much more irritating then repeated beginner questions.

Also, I can't believe I missed the thread with a young kid doing a PH -- I'll have to go find it now so I can get in the loop here :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess I just don't see what you see here. I just figure in the same **** as before but with a much larger base so things that were seldom seen at one point get seen much more often now.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Rodja,

I think you are just remembering the good ol days innacurately. I have been a member since 03 (got banned halfway through) and back in the day this forum was non stop ph/ps and aas users. Threads from disolving fina pellets and shooting cattle roids to guys taking 50-100 mgs of m1t. For god sakes do you remember SuperSoldier? This forum is actually WAY less crazy than it used to be. Yes the rules were enforced back then but seriously if someone got flamed for being underage they would just create a new profile that was of age. I found this place by searching for steroids online lol. I think you are just growing up man. You are no longer the young grasshopper. Now you are the seasoned vet posting the "moral check" thread lol. You are that guy dude!!! lol

You can bitch at the young kid for doing the same stupid cycle you did 5 years ago

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its like the Metallica fan who got upset after the black album.

You have points, they are valid, and for the most part, we understand but either your grow and adapt, or you die.

This board has changed. Its original concept was to sell transdermal formulas made by one guy that undercut Avant Labs. Ask Caleb :) Now you're a rep for that company and BDC is long since forgotten. Ironic..don't ya think?

Then:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030211040037/http://www.anabolicminds.com/

Now:

http://anabolicminds.com/

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You have points, they are valid, and for the most part, we understand but either your grow and adapt, or you die.

This board has changed. Its original concept was to sell transdermal formulas made by one guy that undercut Avant Labs. Ask Caleb :) Now you're a rep for that company and BDC is long since forgotten. Ironic..don't ya think?

Then:

Now:

I remember that and, yes, it is a tad ironic. I am not really talking about the levels of abuse because there is always going to be a contingent that takes everything to excess, but more about the overall mantra/vibe of the board.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its a reflection of the industry and the public response.

I've always thought it was a more positive vibe here. I could always encourgage the "brah's" and have more cat pictures.

:lol:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its a reflection of the industry and the public response.

I've always thought it was a more positive vibe here. I could always encourgage the "brah's" and have more cat pictures.

:lol:
It's definitely positive, but there is a little more mud-slinging than there has been in the past. Not in a respectful, discussion oriented manner, but more of the personal attacks on members for having a different opinion.

Granted, the industry itself has undergone a metamorphosis since the '05 ban. There was a weird transition period in there where SD was the only DS out there, but, then, all of these new DS popped and many were hoping to relive M1T. I think it's more of a trend towards instant gratification instead of the big picture of long-term, healthy gains. I am not bashing AAS use, but I have noticed a higher clip of people not doing there research and clogging the board with the same type of question (e.g. how to cycle Epi).

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its the price you pay when the industry goes down that path. I am in agreement but its like telling a 20yr old college student not to drink. For the most part, its not gonna happen.

If you see personal insults, then report the post and we will deal with it.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Its the price you pay when the industry goes down that path. I am in agreement but its like telling a 20yr old college student not to drink. For the most part, its not gonna happen.

If you see personal insults, then report the post and we will deal with it.
I agree with this point. I also agree with Rodja's point about the more mud slinging and stuff. I don't come on here anywhere near as much as I used to (life changes/schedule/priority changes and such), but when I do come on and read some of the threads, it seems like more and more there is some type of fight/mudslinging going on. Whether it be between a member and a fellow member, or a member and a company rep, I just feel that the poo flinging has increased. But again, I guess that can be attributed to the larger number of members now on AM. The bigger/more members you get, the higher probability of these occurances....I guess! Damn....I think I am growing up and getting old now also:worried:! lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's definitely positive, but there is a little more mud-slinging than there has been in the past. Not in a respectful, discussion oriented manner, but more of the personal attacks on members for having a different opinion.

Granted, the industry itself has undergone a metamorphosis since the '05 ban. There was a weird transition period in there where SD was the only DS out there, but, then, all of these new DS popped and many were hoping to relive M1T. I think it's more of a trend towards instant gratification instead of the big picture of long-term, healthy gains. I am not bashing AAS use, but I have noticed a higher clip of people not doing there research and clogging the board with the same type of question (e.g. how to cycle Epi).
You are preaching to the chior :)

Self Fulfilling Prophecies and methyl steroids - 09-16-2004

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You also have to take into consideration that his log is an OTC product by Primordial that only requires the user to be 18 or older.

...but the diet thing, ya. I've seen some very respected board members post some of the crappiest diets I've ever seen in my life. I still don't understand how some of them stay lean on them, let alone gain mass. :dunno:

I've overdone supplements in the past...even now I probably use far more than most people...but ever since I was 17yo, diet has been NUMBER ONE on my list, so I definitely feel I have earned that right.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it's such an issue, then why is the log still up?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I actually think some of the personal battles between John Benz and Yellowjacket were more disturbing and entertaining than anything I've seen lately. The board still has many brainiacs floating around but the influx of newbies might bother the more seasoned members but let's not forget we we're all newbies at one point.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Then:

Now:

I thought load and reload were still pretty decent in their own right! While i agree quite different from their fundamental "metal up your azz" state, they were still pretty good none-the-less.

Oh yeah - AM is still pretty bad azz as well. ;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I thought load and reload were still pretty decent in their own right! While i agree quite different from their fundamental "metal up your azz" state, they were still pretty good none-the-less.

Oh yeah - AM is still pretty bad azz as well. ;)
This is true, different doesn't always mean worse. Metallica did change after Cliff Burton died but they were still a bad azz band

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually think some of the personal battles between John Benz and Yellowjacket were more disturbing and entertaining than anything I've seen lately. The board still has many brainiacs floating around but the influx of newbies might bother the more seasoned members but let's not forget we we're all newbies at one point.
I agree. We all were newbies at one time, and i think some people often forget that. There is a very solid foundation of knowledgeable and helpful members here on AM. That has not changed. While i agree the same questions get old time and time again; that's why i'm focusing now on composing and referring people to FAQ threads instead. haha.

We're all here for different reasons in the end, however one common goal i think we all share is to help each other in grow in different aspects along the way. Knowledge is power, but patience is truly a gift...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is true, different doesn't always mean worse. Metallica did change after Cliff Burton died but they were still a bad azz band
I couldn't agree more. There are songs on those albums that are among my favorite. Change isn't always a bad thing. Evolution breeds new interest and evokes hidden talent in many ways.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it's such an issue, then why is the log still up?
Has it been reported till now? Actually I still don't think it has been reported to my recollection.

I hate to break it to you, but popular to you guys is not even on some of our radar. There are...how many members?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I became a member in December 2003 but had lurked for a good 10 months prior. The board members have changed significantly, and with that comes a change in content.

Overall this is my favorite and only board for all BB related material. I know some threads get out of control, and I guess I like many others are to blame for not reporting them or stepping in, but I'll probably be a member of AM until the day it goes away.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I gotta agree with the point about the ncreased popularity of PHs being a big factor. They've become a lot more mainstream, and the quick and easy route with no regards for safety really appeals to many in their mid tto late teens. I've always felt that the established members of this board do a great job of helping "noobs" compared to the other boards I've read, and likewise for the way the mods keep the place clean.

As far as people leaving, I feel like part of it is that bodybuilding attracts a lot of people in their early adulthod. People's responsibilities increase and priorities change and AM gets put on the backburner. It seems a lot of frequent posters come and go in waves.

Regardless, I hope you stay. You're undoubtedly one of the good guys.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as people leaving, I feel like part of it is that bodybuilding attracts a lot of people in their early adulthod. People's responsibilities increase and priorities change and AM gets put on the backburner. It seems a lot of frequent posters come and go in waves.
Agreed. God forbid someone can no longer spend hours chatting online for hours every night like myself. :lol:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I honestly believe there was a greater % of posts relating to androgens back in 03-04 than now. However I could be mistaken as my knowledge of the aforementioned subject was minute back then so I actively searched out those topics. Today, it does appear that the same questions are repeated ad nauseam and that people are generally less respectful and more abrasive. Most of the vets have departed but that's the natural course of events. Generally, bodybuilding becomes a lower priority as careers and families develop and one does tire of the monotony of the same topics. But this is an occurrence at practically every online community.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Like ive said and i stand by it, its a trend which has very rarely been avoided by forums across the web.

Ive been an innovator on many sites, signing up in the infancy, watching it go through the process of the early adopters, who are usually eager to learn and ready to be taught by the masters who started the board; and therefore have superior knowledge lol.

Ok this varies but you see my point.

Any good board will gain a reputation for it and it becomes the proverbial snowball rolling down a hill, gathering momentum and more layers as it goes.

AM did exactly the same, i heard about it on another board and myself plus around 10 other members signed up at the same time, just like the nature of the snowball, it cant control what it gathers along the way and before you know it, its a huge hulking mass of a mixture of materials then can either be condusive to holding the snowball together or separating it.

Whilst you will always have the odd doom sayer, when a majority or even notable minority voice the same things, i think then its time to take it onboard.

However theres a constructive way to do it, and then theres ranting.

And then theres the touchy subject of telling the admin/owners/mods that essentially their beautiful baby is growing up to be one ugly motherf**ker.

Try telling your best mates wife that about his kids and see how long hes a mate for lol.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

To add, there seems to be a balance of post 07', 08, 09, sign ups, that are usually caught up in the "bashing". It seems as if you always see a company rep, or company that has been here since pre 06' defending against a person who signed up 07, 08, 09. I don't know if the older members had a sort of dedicated feeling where they felt (we) felt that there was a level of respect no matter what?

Or, maybe in this day and age, there are so many other outlets for info that people now go and read/listen to other boards and "think" they have it all packed down. When they come here, they feel that they have earned a right to "ask an intelligent/fair question" while at the same time trying to slight the company. I've seen a multitude of threads like that over the past 2 years.

When i first came to the board in 03, signed up in 04, this was the ONLY place where I could find in-depth info, solid info. There were others but I rarely visited them. Now there are like 10,000 boards out there with all the gunslingers.