$99 gym should I change.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm paying a bit less than $30 a month for a gym that's 24 hours. It's a pretty big gym free towels nice environment. I have no contact or nothing.

Anyhow I get a flyer form you fit gym to sign up for a $100 for a year, which I may not even be hear a year but it still seams worth it. Only qualm I have is their weekend hours are limited and I would have to make sure to get there early in the am or right after work.

What's your guys take should I pay for the convience or is price too good to pass up?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you checked out the gym?. $100 for a year, that is a little hard to believe. I would at least go look at the gym to see if it is worth it.

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
Look for a multyear deal from 24hr. They do them every so often. Mine was like 360 fo three years then 49/yr lifetime had to get my wifes in at 99/yr but if you dont mind payin the first 3 yrs up front u cant beat it.ive had other memberships also but ill never let this deal lapse.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Look for a multyear deal from 24hr. They do them every so often. Mine was like 360 fo three years then 49/yr lifetime had to get my wifes in at 99/yr but if you dont mind payin the first 3 yrs up front u cant beat it.ive had other memberships also but ill never let this deal lapse.
You paid 360 for 3 years and then they charge you $49 a year starting on your first year?

I'm not doing a 3 year because I may not be living here in 3 years and they don't have any locations of 24 in Ohio where I may go back to. It's a Florida thing.

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
I got it before i was married so musta been like ten years ago but yeah, then i got my wifes betweern 2003 - 2006 ( i remember Where we lived) 24 hr has gyms everywhere so its great to just keep, but im mostly in so cal and midwest they are all over there but more pop up all the time. but yeah now i pay once per year for both of us so its like 4.80 a month for me. 360 sounds low , seems like the math was under 20/month over 3 years though because i was payin 21/mo when i saw that first deal and said i want that. They said it was new members only i said no problem, i quit lol. They worked with me.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I got it before i was married so musta been like ten years ago but yeah, then i got my wifes betweern 2003 - 2006 ( i remember Where we lived) 24 hr has gyms everywhere so its great to just keep, but im mostly in so cal and midwest they are all over there but more pop up all the time. but yeah now i pay once per year for both of us so its like 4.80 a month for me. 360 sounds low , seems like the math was under 20/month over 3 years though because i was payin 21/mo when i saw that first deal and said i want that. They said it was new members only i said no problem, i quit lol. They worked with me.
$50 a year is great!
Surprised they don't raise the prices.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i would have to check out the $100 gym, it could end up being like a planet fitness type gym and who wants that.....i wish i could pay that little of money for a year though, it's almost that amount for 3 months at my gym

Milspec

Milspec

Awards
Price vs. convenience. I'm with a large corporate gym, $30 a month and their weekend hours are 8a-8p...I'll tell you, I HATE the weekend hours. Of course, the gym is super convenient to my house and proximity to work, so I'm stuck. The only place around us that has a better deal is the local community college, its $10/mo...but of course it doesn't have as much equipment.

I'm cool with the $30 per month but would give anything for a 24 hr setup, the 24 hr gym in our area is just too far out of the way. bah.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Price vs. convenience. I'm with a large corporate gym, $30 a month and their weekend hours are 8a-8p...I'll tell you, I HATE the weekend hours. Of course, the gym is super convenient to my house and proximity to work, so I'm stuck. The only place around us that has a better deal is the local community college, its $10/mo...but of course it doesn't have as much equipment.

I'm cool with the $30 per month but would give anything for a 24 hr setup, the 24 hr gym in our area is just too far out of the way. bah.
I at 24 now but I never use it in the outside peak hours.... Except usually 10/11/12 at night sometimes the new gym closes at 10...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think the dumbbells only go up to $100lbs

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
I'm paying a bit less than $30 a month for a gym that's 24 hours. It's a pretty big gym free towels nice environment. I have no contact or nothing.

Anyhow I get a flyer form you fit gym to sign up for a $100 for a year, which I may not even be hear a year but it still seams worth it. Only qualm I have is their weekend hours are limited and I would have to make sure to get there early in the am or right after work.

What's your guys take should I pay for the convience or is price too good to pass up?
I'm not sure about where u live but in south Florida the You Fit gyms are Lame. Just like the one dude said, it's is similar to planet fitness. I don't know if u have a Costco by u, but they sell 2year memberships to 24 hour fitness for $299. It's comes be like 12.50 a month. I think that is a steal.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm not sure about where u live but in south Florida the You Fit gyms are Lame. Just like the one dude said, it's is similar to planet fitness. I don't know if u have a Costco by u, but they sell 2year memberships to 24 hour fitness for $299. It's comes be like 12.50 a month. I think that is a steal.
I'm in Fort Lauderdale but if I got back to Ohio it's not worth it....
May look into the Costco deal maybe

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
holy **** gyms are cheap in the USA. I pay $64 a month (24 hours) and consider that decent! The big franchise in town charges between $90 and $120 a month depending on what membership you choose.

Personally, id choose the 24 hour gym.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
holy **** gyms are cheap in the USA. I pay $64 a month (24 hours) and consider that decent! The big franchise in town charges between $90 and $120 a month depending on what membership you choose.

Personally, id choose the 24 hour gym.
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't u have different money than we do? Ur money is probably worth more. I have family in Ireland and their money is worth double ours. I'm not sure it's similar in ur situation?

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I dont think international excnange rates should have anything to do with local gym prices, but if our dollar is worth more, shouldnt our gym prices be cheaper?

Where it would come into play is when a tub of assault costs $100 here but can be had for $30 from the USA.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
I dont think international excnange rates should have anything to do with local gym prices, but if our dollar is worth more, shouldnt our gym prices be cheaper?

Where it would come into play is when a tub of assault costs $100 here but can be had for $30 from the USA.
IDK? I was just curious. According to some people, all of our economies will be collapsing soon.

1Sam

Awards
Theres like 3 locations by me. Went with a friend a few times.
For the money you cant ask for more and its exactly like planet fitness but with no lunk alarm and diff color scheme.

Went back to my small old school gym that i always go to. You fit was packed most of the time and i only saw a few people out of that huge gym that looked like they were into it.

If you lift heavy and are into it you may want to re-consider. Go their and take a "tour".

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't know how anything overseas work, but you should be able to tell a difference between a 100 euro, dollar or what ever a month gym verse a 300 dollar a month gym.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think this gyms highest dumbbell maybe 70lbs I'll have to double check.