804’s PUMP up the volume log (Acute FX/ High Volume)

Awards
  • Established
08-19-2013

Chest / Triceps

Inclined DB press (5-7 sec negatives - 3/4 lockout - constant tension):
50x15
80x10
90x8
110x4

One arm DB flat DB press:
90x10ea
100x8ea
100x6ea

SUPERSET 1:

Crusafix flys:
30x15
35x12
42.5x8
42.5x6

Raise up cable flys: (Alternating)
20x12
20x12
25x10
25x8

SUPERSET 2:

Dips:
BWx20
45x10
70x5
70x5

Peck deck:
190x12
190x12
205x10
205x10

SUPERSET 3:

Bosu ball pushups (with plate on back):
45x12
45x12
45x12

Overhead triceps extensions:
100x12
110x8
110x8

Smith machine Incline negatives (3-5sec negs - 3/4 lockout)
205x7
255x5
305x3

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sick session dude!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The volume in your workouts is intense bro.

Awards
  • Established
The volume in your workouts is intense bro.
Thanks brother! Just wait until today's shoulder session.. its always my highest volume day!

Not looking forward to ending the HV / AFX this week :(

Awards
  • Established
08-20-2013

Had an excellent Back/Biceps session. Pushed myself past a lot of limits and really kept good form in the process. I will be coming to an end of the AFX/HV combo probably tomorrow. I have thoroughly enjoyed this stack and I truly appreciate the opportunity that Athletix has extended to me and others. These products are superior for pump, tunnel vision, and recovery. I’m used to a Pre-workout with more caffeine, but that did not phase me one bit during this run!

-Yesterday was also my last day of Anabeta

Back / Biceps

SUPERSET 1:

T-bar style rows (with banded strap – has handles on ends – pull them apart at top of rep)
45x20
90x15
135x12
170x8

Lat pulldown machine:
100x20
140x15
180x10
180x10

SUPERSET 2:

Meadows rows:
90x12ea
125x10ea
135x10ea
150x10ea

Seated cable wide grip high rows:
140x10
140x10
140x10
140x10

SUPERSET 3:

Standard cable rows:
200x12
220x10
240x8

Kayak Rows: (alternating)
60x10ea
60x8ea
70x7ea

Standing hammer curls: (alternating – forced)
70x10
70x10
70x10
70x10

Seated cable high curl dropsets:
30x12 drop 20x12
30x12 drop 20x12
30x12 drop 20x12
30x12 drop 20x9

Cable preacher curls:
72.5x8
72.5x8
80x5

Standing reverse grip ez bar curls:
75x12
75x10
75x10

Standing twist in curls:
30x12 (alternating)
30x12
40x10
40x10

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Pics for this log when its all said and done?
All loggers should have taken 1) before log: no pump shot and 2) After last dose/last workout fully pumped shot and compare! That woulda been awesome!

Awards
  • Established
Full on beast mode there... sheesh
Thanks wasme! I've had a "killin it" mindset throughout this run :D

P.S. I will post that crusafix flys video for you asap. I didn't forget about it bro ;) I gotta record a new one.. For some reason the last videos didn't turn out well. I will do an example video tomorrow.

Final Pics for this log when its all said and done?
For sure brother! Look out on Friday!

No doubt! Some wicked training going on in this log.
Why thanks JD! I have to admit The HV/ AFX combo has played a key role in the wickedness :D

All loggers should have taken 1) before log: no pump shot and 2) After last dose/last workout fully pumped shot and compare! That woulda been awesome!
Well I can do part of that brother! Got my last session on the combo on Friday - what better photo than after chest/ arms

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man keep pressing hard and finish with a bang!

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday 08-21-2013

Had another high volume shoulder workout. The guy who followed along told me my shoulders were looking like pumpkins… so that fired me up for an intense session.

Shoulders/ Traps

SUPERSET 1:

Arnold DB press:
60x8
60x8
60x8

6 ways:
15x8
15x8
15x8

SUPERSET 2:

Reverse machine press:
95x12
110x10
125x6
140x3 PR

Side lateral raise machine:
110x12
110x12
110x12
110x12

SUPERSET 3:

Supermans:
55x12
55x12
55x12
55x12

Cable upright rows:
77.5x12
77.5x10
82.5x8
82.5x8

SUPERSET 4:

DB shrugs (long negatives):
120x15
120x15
120x15
120x15

Reverse 3 step cable flys:
7.5x8
7.5x8
7.5x8
7.5x8

SUPERSET 5:

Farmers walk (around 1/16 mi track):
160x1
160x1
160x1
160x1

DB hanging side raises:
25x12
25x12
25x12
25x11

SUPERSET 6:

Cable face pulls:
30x20
30x20
30x20
30x20

Spider crawls:
4 sets – all to failure… these things always leave my shoulders feeling swollen

Wanted to keep going… but I had to do mealprep for lunches/ dinners last night

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Awards
  • Established
Final review:

Acute FX + High Volume by Athletix

PUMP: UNREAL – Best pumps I’ve had in a preworkout in a very long time. The content of agmatine and citrulline were not in some watered down proprietary blend.. there was an plentiful amount of each!

STRENGTH: Incredible. I noticed great increases in strength over the course of this run. I hit a few PR’s and noticed with the great pumps came additional reps! Also liked the usage of Plantago Major that was studied to increase capacity, and the fact that its not a commonly used ingredient.

STIM: I’m usually a fan of higher stim content in my preworkout supps. This product contains about 250mg if I’m not mistaken. I would have preferred more caffeine.

Overall, this is a top notch pre-workout. The ingredients are all high quality and highly desired, and they all synchronize well in the form of this pre-workout

I appreciate the opportunity that Athletix has extended to me and others to review their product. I hope this is useful to those considering the use of this product.
I will be definitely be keeping these in my preworkout arsenal!

Thanks again!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're looking awesome brother. Great job with the log as well. :thumbsup:

Awards
  • Established
You're looking awesome brother. Great job with the log as well. :thumbsup:
Much appreciated Breezy! I'm really happy with the progress I've seen in my rear delts more than anything. Now I want to really focus on my upper chest... and maybe my lower back (left side is a little smaller)

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking great dude! Color me jealous lol

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work bro now back to business 2ma lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What the hell 804! That type of progress over the last few months is incredible. I was honestly shocked when I opened this thread and saw the update pics! Good job.

Karl Ess

Awards
This stack looks great where can i get it in europe ?

Awards
  • Established
Nice work bro now back to business 2ma lol
Yep #teamnodaysoff

What the hell 804! That type of progress over the last few months is incredible. I was honestly shocked when I opened this thread and saw the update pics! Good job.
Thanks Brother! You're doing quite well yourself!

I would check on the Athletix web page. I believe they ship internationally.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great update/final review/comparison pics man! You killed it!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final review:

Acute FX + High Volume by Athletix

PUMP: UNREAL – Best pumps I’ve had in a preworkout in a very long time. The content of agmatine and citrulline were not in some watered down proprietary blend.. there was an plentiful amount of each!

STRENGTH: Incredible. I noticed great increases in strength over the course of this run. I hit a few PR’s and noticed with the great pumps came additional reps! Also liked the usage of Plantago Major that was studied to increase capacity, and the fact that its not a commonly used ingredient.

STIM: I’m usually a fan of higher stim content in my preworkout supps. This product contains about 250mg if I’m not mistaken. I would have preferred more caffeine.

Overall, this is a top notch pre-workout. The ingredients are all high quality and highly desired, and they all synchronize well in the form of this pre-workout

I appreciate the opportunity that Athletix has extended to me and others to review their product. I hope this is useful to those considering the use of this product.
I will be definitely be keeping these in my preworkout arsenal!

Thanks again!
Thanks for taking the time out to log for us! Awesome final review, glad you loved it!

Definitely not my strongsuit but I've been working on them... Trying to be safe with my left knee patella that keeps getting off track

View attachment 87529
Looking great man! Hey I have an issue with my right knee patella, any exercises you find help strengthen it? I've tried a bunch and really can't make any improvements with my knee, seems to have just gotten worse over the last year.

I believe Predator should be picking it up soon.

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for taking the time out to log for us! Awesome final review, glad you loved it!
Thank you! I appreciate the opportunity!

Looking great man! Hey I have an issue with my right knee patella, any exercises you find help strengthen it? I've tried a bunch and really can't make any improvements with my knee, seems to have just gotten worse over the last year.
Well my pt has got me on kenisio tape. Its what alot of pro athletes wear. she has shown me a way to tape it to keep the patella on track. Basically I do all of the same leg exercises, but I focus on form very strictly instead of heavy weight goals and keeping my knees hip width or more. She also told me to avoid the leg extension machine - its a horrible exercise if you have patella tracking issues.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you! I appreciate the opportunity!

Well my pt has got me on kenisio tape. Its what alot of pro athletes wear. she has shown me a way to tape it to keep the patella on track. Basically I do all of the same leg exercises, but I focus on form very strictly instead of heavy weight goals and keeping my knees hip width or more. She also told me to avoid the leg extension machine - its a horrible exercise if you have patella tracking issues.

I will have to look into that Kenisio tape. Yeah I first hurt it doing leg extensions, brutal on the knee.