7 keto Dhea oral vs transdermal??

Bigwyatt

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have experience with these? Which form is better? And which doseage is best for weight loss? I just want to add it to a cycle if it's worth it.

Big guy here 6'4" 245lbs about 13-14% bf.

Thank you!

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Does anyone have experience with these? Which form is better? And which doseage is best for weight loss? I just want to add it to a cycle if it's worth it.

Thank you!
Can’t quite answer your Q but when I did use a transdermal test (AndroGel) I felt it way more then 4-andro. I used the AndroGel pre workout and once it dried (after like 30sec) I would add a cream so it would go deeper and then I would workout with a hoodie on and once I got a sweat going it entered my pores. Total broscience but I did feel a rush of mental energy. So I say if you chose transdermal try the same protocol I did.

Bigwyatt

Awards
  • Established
What type of cream did you add? I actually am planning to use a transdermal TNE (test no ester) preworkout too.

Bigwyatt

Awards
  • Established
Hmm interesting, and that's actually beneficial you think?

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
It’s cheap doesn’t cost much for moisture and it gives you an extra edge on pre workout so yes I would say so I combined it with LGD never suffered low T sides.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
7-keto has terrible oral bioavailability. Use a transdermal version.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have used both and...I don't think there is a direct answer to which is better. I kind of feel this way about 11-KT transdermal vs. 11-oxo oral too.

Yes, oral bio-availability "sucks" with 7-KT but we really only have estimates of how much transdermal bio-availability there is too. Orally, the liver conerts a large portion of the 7-KT before it hits the blood stream, but one way of dealing with this is to take larger doses. Of course this is an added cost, but a larger dose will have a dramatically higher BV than a smaller dose, at least in theory, once you deplete the liver enzymes responsible for converting it. A larger dose of transdermal KT won't achieve this effect. Of course, this can be more expensive. But I will say this, I've seen the best results with higher dose 7-KT vs. transdermal 7-KT at more moderate doses....but even that is difficult to replicate.

Both have their use. If you can only afford 250 mg/day or less, I would go transdermal. The moisturizer is a good idea for keeping your skin moisturized, which will enhance permeation vs. alcohol dried skin. But another alcohol based solvent, like hand sanitizer, will be better for actual penetration. Still, it's a good practice to keep the skin moist throughout the day, so the moisturizer isn't a bad idea either.

Bigwyatt

Awards
  • Established
Awesome thanks so much for that response, very helpful.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Can’t quite answer your Q but when I did use a transdermal test (AndroGel) I felt it way more then 4-andro. I used the AndroGel pre workout and once it dried (after like 30sec) I would add a cream so it would go deeper and then I would workout with a hoodie on and once I got a sweat going it entered my pores. Total broscience but I did feel a rush of mental energy. So I say if you chose transdermal try the same protocol I did.
what? thats crazy bro... you used a hoodie to sweat right after using transdermal test? wtf... you probably lost/wasted a huge % of it doing so...
its totally ill advised to go under water(shower/beach/etc...) or into sweating situations for like at least 4-6 hours after applying... 2 hours minimum

if your hoodie had muscles, it would had probably made way more gainz than you lol

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Regarding the OP, isnt SNS reduce xt basically 7-keto (oral)? and this forum seems to give it great reviews...

sort of contradicting to see people crap on oral 7-keto and love reduce xt over here.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have used both and...I don't think there is a direct answer to which is better. I kind of feel this way about 11-KT transdermal vs. 11-oxo oral too.

Yes, oral bio-availability "sucks" with 7-KT but we really only have estimates of how much transdermal bio-availability there is too. Orally, the liver conerts a large portion of the 7-KT before it hits the blood stream, but one way of dealing with this is to take larger doses. Of course this is an added cost, but a larger dose will have a dramatically higher BV than a smaller dose, at least in theory, once you deplete the liver enzymes responsible for converting it. A larger dose of transdermal KT won't achieve this effect. Of course, this can be more expensive. But I will say this, I've seen the best results with higher dose 7-KT vs. transdermal 7-KT at more moderate doses....but even that is difficult to replicate.

Both have their use. If you can only afford 250 mg/day or less, I would go transdermal. The moisturizer is a good idea for keeping your skin moisturized, which will enhance permeation vs. alcohol dried skin. But another alcohol based solvent, like hand sanitizer, will be better for actual penetration. Still, it's a good practice to keep the skin moist throughout the day, so the moisturizer isn't a bad idea either.
agree with the hand sanitizer!!!

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
Another thing you may want to consider is the half life of 7-keto...It's roughly 2 hours.

if you were going to take oral 7-keto you would ideally take small doses throughout the day to equal 200mg+

Transdermal application also buffers delivery for 6-8 hours or longer, allowing improved bioavailability while also eliminating the need to dose frequently.

I'd have to dig a little through notes to compare actual bioavailability numbers.

Bigwyatt

Awards
  • Established
Intresting, I know people talk poor BA on the oral, but I've never seen mention of actually %. Since I'd be running sr9009 on my next cycle, dosing every 2hrs for orals won't be an issue.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another thing you may want to consider is the half life of 7-keto...It's roughly 2 hours.

if you were going to take oral 7-keto you would ideally take small doses throughout the day to equal 200mg+

Transdermal application also buffers delivery for 6-8 hours or longer, allowing improved bioavailability while also eliminating the need to dose frequently.

I'd have to dig a little through notes to compare actual bioavailability numbers.
Yeah, the issue is the pass through the liver though.. so taking multiple small doses may just be a waste. If you have sufficient enzyme that you can eliminate 100 mg in the liver and you take 400 mg all at once, that will be better than taking 100 mg, eliminating nearly all of it, giving the liver time to regenerate enzymes, taking another 100 mg, etc. Of course, this is all theoretical and both theories are worth experimenting with...just providing the other side.

The pharmacodynamics are, admittedly, not ideal. This of course is one of the arguments for transdermal delivery.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But is it still possible to find 7oxo powder to make transdermal? I can't find any anymore.

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
But is it still possible to find 7oxo powder to make transdermal? I can't find any anymore.
Iron Legion has a 7-keto td VII-KT and we are about to release Icon Seven.

MPA, Prototype Nutrition, and Muscle Gelz also make 7-keto TD's...may be others that I'm just not familiar with.

There are some good options on the market

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

MPA, Prototype Nutrition, and Muscle Gelz also make 7-keto TD's...may be others that I'm just not familiar with.

Icon rocks.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I’m not talking about premixed 7oxo but bulk 7oxo powder.

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
I’m not talking about premixed 7oxo but bulk 7oxo powder.
understood, just outlining the availability of what's out there...pre-made.

All the powder sites I've known of have been shut down...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'd go with transdermal as well, however I'd rather buy a product than playing the guessing game of making a carrier of a lotion that may not be an overall good moisturizer to begin with

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love td's..if only I could find a steak and potato td, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

bumping this post for the good info!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From what I have seen the amount of Oral you have to take compared to the TD version is substantially more. 200mg throughout the day is around 8 capsules spread out throughout the day verses a small amount of salvo or lotion in the AM. TD version makes dosing much easier and more available.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just your regular moisturizer like jergens or whatever
IMO using regular lotion with parabens is not ideal. I personally don't want anymore of those chems in my system. I do use a lotion that is sans parabens for the same effect as you though.

dbenj7

Awards
How does something like olympus super-7 compare for an oral with their carrier system?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
any td is going to work better

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established

Thank you!
I think if your already doing a cycle its prob not worth it. I think its supposed to suppress cortisol but I dont think its a problem if you're on. IDK I might be confused about what it actually does.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Run 7 keto in pct. Split up dosage 4 times per day. Example 50 mg every 4 hrs. SNS reduce xt is high quality. Its has alpha isomer which others brand usually don't.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Logs 2
Weight Loss 9
Prince IronMag Labs 0
BeardedBreast Supplements 1
Supplements 4