5th week of HCG solo therapy...feel like dying please help

mully024

Awards
So I have a long complex story that I will skim over. Started feeling very 'sick' in summer of 2011 when I was 28 (I am now 30)...had a myriad of strange symptoms. Since then have seen 50+ docs with probably a $300k+ workup at all major Boston hospitals. They've found things off, including small fiber nerve damage, among other strange things but no solid diagnosis. Some docs have thought lyme disease due to the exposure, the symptoms, the onset and other findings, although some disagree and think an unidentified autoimmune condition (even tho labs have yet to really show this). Prior to this I was perfectly healthy, running/working out eod, and no health issues.

One thing that they did find is my T levels were quite low for a 30 y/o. I've had boatloads of endocrine labs done, for the most part TT has averaged 300, I forget what free T is usually, but its at the very bottom of range or just below, and CBC #'s always show very mild anemia or at bottom range. E2 is always actaully low, regardless of what lab is used, really low like 5 or 8 or 12...prolactin is always fine, pituitary mri was fine, LH and FSH always at bottom of normal. Numerous docs determined I was secondary, not terrible but def low, and although they didnt think it was my main problem, they thought raising my T could help with some of my daily symptoms.

Anyway, after much discussions we decided to go with HCG 300iu, EOD. I started it 5 weeks ago. Actually felt like it may have been helping a little the first few weeks, especially the libido and erection quality, and muscle aches. In past two weeks things really went downhill and just go tlabs back yesterday (they were drawn on an 'off' day.

LH: <1 (flagged low)
FSH: <1 (flagged low)

Total T: 580
Free T: 104
SHBG: 38

Estradiol: 60 (up from a value of 5 and flagged high)

Obviously the HCG is working as my T levels are definitely up, however the estradiol is off the charts compared to where I was at and where I want to be (20-25). I assume its normal for LH/FSH to drop like that, and this all confrims that nay T issues I have are def. secondary.

I feel HORRIBLE...seriously have felt like I am dying the past few days, climaxing today... feel like jumping out of my skin, extreme restlessness, nausea/gi upset, muscle aches especially in legs, sleep issues, no libido, can get slight erection but its floppy, and just feel so sick...

I really have no way of knowing if this is due to whatever my underlying condition is OR is it from the HCG? It seems like my E2 is really high...I honestly dont want to add anymore meds to the mix as I am a complicated case...wondering if i should stop the HCG altogether, or maybe lower the dose and see how E2 responds...

Any helps is greatly appreciated, if any other info is needed let me know

Oxygen0

Oxygen0

Awards
You need to lower your E2,SHBG
and slightly reduce your HCG, to allow LH AND FSH to raise about <1

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I would visit your doc asap and discuss your high E2.

mully024

Awards
You need to lower your E2,SHBG
and slightly reduce your HCG, to allow LH AND FSH to raise about <1
I would visit your doc asap and discuss your high E2.
Hey,

Thanks for the replies. So I actually stopped the HCG cold turkey, been off it for a little over a week now (missed 5 injections)...some of the symptoms might feel a little better but still feel like ****. So hard to tell whats being caused by what...i.e. high E2 form the HCG or whatever my mystery underlying illness is...

I spoke with my doc about lowering the E2 and he said he really didnt think it was the root cause of this bad downturn...and he advised against adding ann AI right now, told me to take a break from the HCG and see what happens, I go back in to have levels retested this week. He said my symptoms, given the type and severity, were more indicative of my underlying illness flaring (most likely lyme disease) and that adding an AI could cloud things more at this point.

He said since I had only been on low dose HCG inections for 5 weeks, everything should bounce back to baseline within about 10-14 days...I'll post back with the new labs but he is really pushing for starting some sort of lyme disease treatment and supplementing with even lower dose HCG, like 150iu EOD (instead of 300iu) and seeing where that pushes levels too. Clearly my body responds to it, but I was just getting too much for my testis to handle.