495 deadlift

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
I did this for the first time last week using my Versa Gripps. This was my second time doing this today because the camera was on picture mode the first time lol. I never realized it until I saw this video but I noticed my back rounded slightly. Might be because I just did the same lift one minute prior and I was tired. This is the first time I've seen my form from a good angle so next time I know to work on keeping my back straight.
[video=youtube;k_2jpGcWeTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_2jpGcWeTc&context=C3700ed3ADOEgsToPDskKi sd7dWHuxtvX5Cm8dU2d9[/video]

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there supposed to be a pic in here, or you just talking about your deadlift...anywho...Sweet lift bud!!!!

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Is there supposed to be a pic in here, or you just talking about your deadlift...anywho...Sweet lift bud!!!!
Haha, damn it! I forgot to put the link in there, thanks for mentioning it! Thanks for the compliment too!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you can do 495 you can do 5 lol now get to it lol

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice pull.

One tip. Get that chest up when you set up/start.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looked pretty easy to me! Good lift.

But come on now, man up and throw some 2.5lb on each side for 500!

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
SOLID!! Love seeing a good deadlift and with no straps. You're a beast. I hope to see 5 plates one day. :)

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot everybody for the compliments! I thought about throwing those 2.5's on there but I said **** it, I don't need to prove anything to anybody and everyone gets the basic idea of me yankin up those 5 plates, lol. Next week I'll throw some tens on there and see what I can do.
Nice pull.

One tip. Get that chest up when you set up/start.
Thanks a lot for the tip man. Now I can actually see what I look like so I can make the proper corrections. And I always appreciate advice because I don't lift with anybody that's more experienced than me.
SOLID!! Love seeing a good deadlift and with no straps. You're a beast. I hope to see 5 plates one day. :)
Thanks a lot man! You'll get there in no time if you keep at it. I never did one deadlift in my entire life until this year. I've been doing a 5x5 routine since November 1st and I like it so far.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know I was joshin ya

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
You know I was joshin ya
Lol, yeah man. Usually my slight OCD forces me to just make it an even number like 500, but I said screw it since it was my second time in a row anyways.

Chalkblok

Awards
Good pull..

Pretty good, you have alot more in ya too! I have trained with a few canadian record holders, and my only tips would be the one you already heard ( chest/front delts up) and hold it at the top a bit longer, cuz it will help your already good grip strength, and build dem traps! You got great potential for lifts in the upper 5s for sure! Aint deadliftin awesome!

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Pretty good, you have alot more in ya too! I have trained with a few canadian record holders, and my only tips would be the one you already heard ( chest/front delts up) and hold it at the top a bit longer, cuz it will help your already good grip strength, and build dem traps! You got great potential for lifts in the upper 5s for sure! Aint deadliftin awesome!
Thanks for the tips! Deadlifting is awesome! I haven't been doing deads for that long and you can see it in my form. I've been working on it though. Thanks again!

erw012787

erw012787

Awards
Great job bro, and your new to deads!? How long you been lifting and have you noticed any big gains since doing deads? (as in your weight or overall strength)

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Man, there is nothing that gets me off like a good DL and, rounded back or not - that was awesome.

At my peak I did 500 and I'm struggling to hang with 400 now at age 50. But keep up the good work and keep pushing!

Seriously, I don't know what the deal is - but I see fewer and fewer guys DL'ing these days. When I do see it - it's usually some skinny guy with ONE plate. Part of the reason for that in my gym could be me - because everyone can see how painful and strenuous it is on me!

But man, I LOVE it ... the day I can't do a DL is the day I'll cry and die!

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Great job bro, and your new to deads!? How long you been lifting and have you noticed any big gains since doing deads? (as in your weight or overall strength)
Thanks! I've been lifting since 2008 but had a seven month break in 2009 because I moved. So I've been lifting continuously since about
Aug '09. I didn't start doing deads until August last year. I just didn't realize the benefits of it early on lol. With the help of a couple of cycles and doing heavy deads and squats I do think it helped me get bigger and stronger. In August '09 I weighed 168 and I've gotten up to about 220. Even with a couple of cycles I dont think I could've put on that much weight without squats and deads.

Man, there is nothing that gets me off like a good DL and, rounded back or not - that was awesome.

At my peak I did 500 and I'm struggling to hang with 400 now at age 50. But keep up the good work and keep pushing!

Seriously, I don't know what the deal is - but I see fewer and fewer guys DL'ing these days. When I do see it - it's usually some skinny guy with ONE plate. Part of the reason for that in my gym could be me - because everyone can see how painful and strenuous it is on me!

But man, I LOVE it ... the day I can't do a DL is the day I'll cry and die!
Thanks a lot! 400 is definitely still respectable! I've slowed down a little bit lately to give my body a break because I've been at it non-stop since last August with no breaks.
Squat used to be my favorite but since I've become so strong with deads, I'm obsessed with them lol! I can literally feel more testosterone later in the same night I do deads because I get home and I'm horny as hell, only happens on deadlift day.

I don't see many people doing deads either, just a couple of my friends. And it's funny when people ask me how to put on size but don't wanna deadlift.

Rommel65

Awards
Ummm, so? You weigh 200. Got 3 guys in my gym doing that at 200, and my gym is a tiny, redneck gym out in the country. If you were like 145, Id be impressed. You over 3 in bench and 5 in squat?

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Ummm, so? You weigh 200. Got 3 guys in my gym doing that at 200, and my gym is a tiny, redneck gym out in the country. If you were like 145, Id be impressed. You over 3 in bench and 5 in squat?
I don't see the point in hating on this dude. 495 is solid no matter how much he weighs.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I did this for the first time last week using my Versa Gripps. This was my second time doing this today because the camera was on picture mode the first time lol. I never realized it until I saw this video but I noticed my back rounded slightly. Might be because I just did the same lift one minute prior and I was tired. This is the first time I've seen my form from a good angle so next time I know to work on keeping my back straight.
[video=youtube;k_2jpGcWeTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_2jpGcWeTc&context=C3700ed3ADOEgsToPDskKi sd7dWHuxtvX5Cm8dU2d9[/video]
Mighty lift! :O!

ToNNNNyT

Awards
Nice bro,I'm 90 pounds behind you as y 5RM is 405 but I use straps so I'm gonna work on that.
That said you should very proud you dont see many guys pulling that much weight

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
What's your point? I never claimed it to be something amazing or unheard of, I simply posted a video of myself doing it. Do you honestly think I care if I've impressed some redneck out in the country? I don't powerlift, I lift for aesthetics. While I look great pulling over 500, you keep looking like a slob pulling over 600.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
I don't see the point in hating on this dude. 495 is solid no matter how much he weighs.
Thanks a lot bro!
Mighty lift! :O!
Thanks for the kind words!
Nice bro,I'm 90 pounds behind you as y 5RM is 405 but I use straps so I'm gonna work on that.
That said you should very proud you dont see many guys pulling that much weight
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Keep up the good work!

snatch

Awards
How much are you pulling unbelted? That's some solid weight but your back position makes me sad

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Nice lift! I weigh 212 and am currently pulling in the high 3s. My goal is to be in the 4s next week.

Back to work!

aceroni

Awards
looks good man all i can say is focus on your form a tiiiny bit more so your lowback doesnt round like that, it will help your mid back do the brunt of the work (which is supposed to be doing the work) none the less good weight, good lift!

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone! I've only been doing deads since this past August and I'm always trying to improve. Seems almost impossible for me to keep my chest up when pulling this heavy. My back never hurts despite the way it rounded in this video. For all I know my form might have improved by now but I have no way of knowing unless I record myself again. And I haven't been doing as many heavy squats and deads as I used to.

TM92

Awards
Great job. Like the previous post, Have that chest out from the get go. No strap is a plus. Keep it up. Try hitting some deads from the shins in a Cage rack to help with your sticking point. Should be able to use little more weight.

Nico1

Nico1

Awards
Good ish mayne..I been stuck at 495 for months this is where I plateau some bIg weight !