28yr old male body composition

grippo1986

grippo1986

Awards
I have been weight training 3-5 days a week now for almost two years. I am 28 years old and constantly follow Anabolic minds on nutrition and weight training advice. About 3 years ago I weighed 270 lbs with a very high body fat %. I went on the south beach diet and got to a low weight of 215. On the low carb diet it was really difficult to feel like I wasn't dying at the gym. I am back up to 230-235lbs with a guesstimate bf% of 20-25. I am trying to cut bf and do 10-15 of cardio before and after my weight training sessions. I would like to be leaner but I'm not exactly pushing big weight at the gym. I eat like a horse all the time and I eat good food lean meats and whole grains, fruit in the morning....

Going to the gym is the highlights my day; the dieting and calorie counting, not so much

Typical intake

Whey protein shake and apple, or shake, old fashioned oatmeal, 2-3 eggs.
Chicken and brown rice for lunch every day of the week flavored with garlic and red pepper spices, maybe some hummus
Dinner is usually lean beef or chicken with rice, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans or retried beans

Snacks 2-4 times a day of whey protein shake or whole wheat crackers and albacore tuna ( low Na)

Training Routine

Cardio/chest/cardio
Cardio/back/cardio
Legs
(1) day I usually just run for 20-25 mins pushing my son in a jogging stroller on county roads(grade varies)

Supplements

Creatine (CX5 by the mass project)
Fish oil
Multi
Vasodilator ( NX6 by the mass project)

Currently not taking a stim pre workout, but usually drink 2 cups of green tea 1 hour prior to gym.

Does anyone have any critiques?

I don't really want big bulky muscle( I've been heavy my whole life). Just strong hard muscle.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I pretty much started off in the same boat as you in terms of being a bigger guy and losing weight, then building muscle.

Don't have much critique on your diet but I would recommend using a tried and true workout routine and saving the cardio for strictly after your done working out. A quick warmup 5 or 10 minutes of light cardio is fine, but if you're doing HIIT or something before you workout it is only taking away from your main lifts. If you're set on cardio beforehand, I would recommend at the least some bcaa's intra workout.

And the "bulky muscle" thing is something I hear people saying all the time. If it was that easy to become big, I'm pretty sure most people that go to the gym would be walking around looking like monsters lol. The guys that have that look, want that look. If you're eating a few hundred calories above your maintenance, then you're golden.

Hope this helps.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
your diet looks pretty solid, albeit boring. maybe eat less snacks in between your meals.
I might recommend a solid fat burning stack to aid your efforts.
look into the logs on dexaprine from iForce. its a nice fat burner with solid effects. you might also enjoy many of our other products as well like our hormonal optimizer products to get your test levels up and your estrogen low.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
your diet looks pretty solid, albeit boring. maybe eat less snacks in between your meals.
I might recommend a solid fat burning stack to aid your efforts.
look into the logs on dexaprine from iForce. its a nice fat burner with solid effects. you might also enjoy many of our other products as well like our hormonal optimizer products to get your test levels up and your estrogen low.
less snacking for sure.

meals 4-6 hours apart. hit your macros. you can use bcaas in between to stay full

grippo1986

grippo1986

Awards
Typical day usually runs as follows

Wake up 6:30am. - apple/protein shake 25g
Meal 1 8:00am - serving of egg beaters/ serving of old fashioned oatmeal
Supplements 10:00 am - multi/fish oil / creatine
Snack 1 10:00am- protein shake 25g
Meal 2 12:00pm - lean meat (chicken or tuna), brown rice, green beans
Snack 2 2:00pm protein shake 25 g
Supplements 3:30 pm - Green tea/creatine
Gym 4:30 -6:00
Snack 3 6:00 pm protein shake 25 g
Meal 3 7:00pm lean meat (beef) cauliflower broccoli refried beans
Snack 4 9:30 pm 25 g protein

After writing this down I look at it and its hard for me to believe I feel like I'm starving in between each one of these. I swear my stomach feels like its empty and eating itself 20 minutes after I get done eating.

Do you guys prefer BCAAs in caps or powder mix w/ water? I have only tried the powders at this point. Currently have a jug of amino1 by muscle pharm. I typically use it prior to the gym or throughout the day for a pick me up. I love he stuff and have thought about replacing he protein shakes throughout he day with hem but hey are not as filling. I have tried fat burners before but really haven't been sold on them. Free samples are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the feed back thus far.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established

After writing this down I look at it and its hard for me to believe I feel like I'm starving in between each one of these. I swear my stomach feels like its empty and eating itself 20 minutes after I get done eating.

Do you guys prefer BCAAs in caps or powder mix w/ water? I have only tried the powders at this point. Currently have a jug of amino1 by muscle pharm. I typically use it prior to the gym or throughout the day for a pick me up. I love he stuff and have thought about replacing he protein shakes throughout he day with hem but hey are not as filling. I have tried fat burners before but really haven't been sold on them. Free samples are greatly appreciated.

Definitely less snacking and possibly add a good fat burner to our regime pre workout. I suggest DexaprineXR. It'll help curb that appetite and shed a few extra pounds. You could also try Compete intra workout.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards

You could definitely do a scoop of Compete in between meals. I tend to drink copious amounts of water to stave off hunger and I find combined with scoops of Compete help the satiety to sustain until my next meal. Fat burners are only so beneficial but one benefit can be the decrease in appetite that accompany some. Dexaprine XR + Ephedrine would curtail your appetite for awhile :)

veaderko

veaderko

Awards

First I think you need to get rid of the snacking. You are currently "eating" 8 meals a day. I would cut that down a bit to say maybe 6 meal and stay away from the protein powder unless it is an emergency and you have no option to eating a whole food meal. Which as you stated you are always hungry, part of that reason is your large intake of protein shakes. Whole food will help out a lot.

Next I would look into Carb Cycling while supplementing with a fat burner like Dexaprine XR. Carb cycling will cause you to get very hungry on those low days, but the Dexaprine will help keep hunger at bay.

Those are a few things that I would recommend to start with.

grippo1986

grippo1986

Awards
Can you expand on the carb cycling. On none work out days should I try to keep carbs under 100g.