2016 NFL Thread

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What did the Broncos lose that will cripple them so seriously, please enlighten me.

I guess that concussion knocked all of the football knowledge straight out of you, because if you think Manziel is anything more than a college star then you are the one that's high as a kite.
Never said it will cripple them just prevent from a repeat.
Danny Trevathan signs with the Chicago Bears
Malik Jackson signs with the Jacksonville Jaguars
And there is more but idc care enough to get into it to much.

As for the manziel things. Thats what everyone said about john mcman. Difference is the times we live in and so no one gave manziel a chance(rightfully so)

Also please tell me why you think the chiefs are so bad. Please

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Manziel an elite quarterback? OK.

I'm not even convinced you watch football.

Chiefs better than Broncos.

Brady a better quarterback than Peyton.

Dez better receiver than Megatron, Brown, OBJ, etc.

Manning era Colts a better overall team than Brady Pats.

Jesus H. Christ.......
Jim, you forgot adding that he thinks the colts had a "fantastic" run game while Peyton was there.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What did the Broncos lose that will cripple them so seriously, please enlighten me.

I guess that concussion knocked all of the football knowledge straight out of you, because if you think Manziel is anything more than a college star then you are the one that's high as a kite.
Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler. And a few key pieces in the front seven. But really just a QB.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler. And a few key pieces in the front seven. But really just a QB.
This. It wont ruin them by any means, they will be a good team but not the same. Also i dont see them repeating

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never said it will cripple them just prevent from a repeat.
Danny Trevathan signs with the Chicago Bears
Malik Jackson signs with the Jacksonville Jaguars
And there is more but idc care enough to get into it to much.

As for the manziel things. Thats what everyone said about john mcman. Difference is the times we live in and so no one gave manziel a chance(rightfully so)

Also please tell me why you think the chiefs are so bad. Please
I didn't say they would repeat, I said they wouldn't be worse than the Chiefs.

I also didn't say they Chiefs would be terrible, I just said they wouldn't be better than the Broncos.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Peyton Manning played very, very poorly last year. His leadership and experience may be missed, but that's about it.

And if you truly believe Osweiler was an irreplaceable piece of that offense, then you also have to believe that with him the Texans will be legitimate Superbowl contenders now, and I haven't seen anyone in here saying that.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jim, you forgot adding that he thinks the colts had a "fantastic" run game while Peyton was there.
Holy hell, how could I miss that.

This thread is an abomination, seriously. Might be worse than the Trump thread.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didnt say for his whole career there did i? I said at times, which is true. Most of the time the run game wasn't great. Although it wasnt as bad as it seemed because they really didnt run the ball much, becuase why would you with good tight ends and wide recievers with a ledgend quarterback. Like i said number can be deceptive. Any good analysis or recuiter can tell you that. But just so you guys dont put words in my mouth again, i was not imply that most of the time their run game was fanatic, or even good, but better then it seemed.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't say they would repeat, I said they wouldn't be worse than the Chiefs.

I also didn't say they Chiefs would be terrible, I just said they wouldn't be better than the Broncos.
Holy hell, how could I miss that.

This thread is an abomination, seriously. Might be worse than the Trump thread.
Well you sure are treating me like im a dumb ass for it. When it will almost impossible to tell how good either team will be. Also saying i must not watch football because of things i didnt say or that are VERY arguable.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's a question: what did Manziel do as a pro that would make you believe he had the ability to be an elite quarterback? Seriously? I don't care about what he did at A&M, only what he did as a pro.

Just like Reggie Bush, Tim Tebow, and Vince Young. I don't care about their college football accolades, only what they were able to do as pros.

And as far as I could tell, Johnny did exactly Jack Sh*t.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's a question: what did Manziel do as a pro that would make you believe he had the ability to be an elite quarterback? Seriously? I don't care about what he did at A&M, only what he did as a pro.

Just like Reggie Bush, Tim Tebow, and Vince Young. I don't care about their college football accolades, only what they were able to do as pros.

And as far as I could tell, Johnny did exactly Jack Sh*t.
What about cam newton???

As for Manziel, he has a strong arm, he is decently accurate, has pass first run last resort mentality but isnt afraid to run if needed(most elite, athletic, quarterbacks are like this), and his ability to extend plays is unbeatable. Those are great qualities but with his attitude and work ethic it means nothing. If he changes those two things and developments better mechanics he has POTENTIAL to be great. Imo. But potential mean **** without putting in the work. Good comparison is john mcman. Expect mcman ruined his career from concussions not drinking, surprisingly.

Also i think reggie bush MIGHT have been good if it wanst for injuries. But honestly i dont know

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Peyton Manning played very, very poorly last year. His leadership and experience may be missed, but that's about it.

And if you truly believe Osweiler was an irreplaceable piece of that offense, then you also have to believe that with him the Texans will be legitimate Superbowl contenders now, and I haven't seen anyone in here saying that.
Agreed. I never understood the texans decision there.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually think Osweiler to Houston made a lot of sense.

They arent contenders but, they are close.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually think Osweiler to Houston made a lot of sense.

They arent contenders but, they are close.
Ya but i dont think Osweiler is anything more then a solid backup. I hope to be wrong as texans are my #2 team

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about cam newton???

As for Manziel, he has a strong arm, he is decently accurate, has pass first run last resort mentality but isnt afraid to run if needed(most elite, athletic, quarterbacks are like this), and his ability to extend plays is unbeatable. Those are great qualities but with his attitude and work ethic it means nothing. If he changes those two things and developments better mechanics he has POTENTIAL to be great. Imo. But potential mean **** without putting in the work. Good comparison is john mcman. Expect mcman ruined his career from concussions not drinking, surprisingly.

Also i think reggie bush MIGHT have been good if it wanst for injuries. But honestly i dont know
What about Cam Newton?

Manziel hasn't even shown flashes of greatness at the pro level, I don't care what he looked like he had in college.

In the NFL he looked like a backup.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about Cam Newton?

Manziel hasn't even shown flashes of greatness at the pro level, I don't care what he looked like he had in college.

In the NFL he looked like a backup.
No i agree with you. But i think he could have been good if actually tried.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Manziel an elite quarterback? OK.

I'm not even convinced you watch football.

Chiefs better than Broncos.

Brady a better quarterback than Peyton.

Dez better receiver than Megatron, Brown, OBJ, etc.

Manning era Colts a better overall team than Brady Pats.

Jesus H. Christ.......
Your dez Bryant statement alone is absolutely retarded

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
NFL likely to insert data chips into game balls in preseason, Thursdays

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17097639/nfl-finalizing-data-chip-gameball-testing-2016-preseason-thursdays

The NFL is finalizing plans to insert custom-made data chips into the game balls used in the 2016 preseason and Thursday night regular-season games, a league source said Sunday night.

The data would be used for research that could spark significant changes in officiating, kicking and other areas as soon as the 2017 season.

The Toronto Sun reported earlier Sunday that the league would use chips in K-balls to help determine the potential impact of narrowing the goalposts sometime in the future.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But just so you guys dont put words in my mouth again, i was not imply that most of the time their run game was fanatic, or even good, but better then it seemed.
Oh yea you totally didn't use the words "fantastic run game", sorry for putting words in your mouth.

Sure the defense for pats has been way better but colts have had a fantastic run game

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yea you totally didn't use the words "fantastic run game", sorry for putting words in your mouth.
Ok what are trying to prove there. How about you quote the rest of it. Ugh. At times the colts did has a fantastic run game damn. At times they were bad but ok sure

Edit. Should have said most of the time they were bad. But again not as bad as the numbers implied

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
NFL likely to insert data chips into game balls in preseason, Thursdays

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17097639/nfl-finalizing-data-chip-gameball-testing-2016-preseason-thursdays

The NFL is finalizing plans to insert custom-made data chips into the game balls used in the 2016 preseason and Thursday night regular-season games, a league source said Sunday night.

The data would be used for research that could spark significant changes in officiating, kicking and other areas as soon as the 2017 season.

The Toronto Sun reported earlier Sunday that the league would use chips in K-balls to help determine the potential impact of narrowing the goalposts sometime in the future.
That is insane

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Again i never said that about dez. Brown and obj are clearly the best in the league
Agreed I'm a skins fan and at one time I thought dez was elite but I don't anymore I think brown has the edge over obj I'd take him over him any day obj is a prima Dona imo

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok what are trying to prove there. How about you quote the rest of it. Ugh. At times the colts did has a fantastic run game damn. At times they were bad but ok sure

Edit. Should have said most of the time they were bad. But again not as bad as the numbers implied
Okay. Lets just move on and chalk this one up to you misspeaking on the original quote. I'm a Colts fan and know how frustrating it has been watching them TRY to run the football. It's been laughable 75%+ of the time. Under Peyton they had a good o-line for pass blocking, but they were well below average run blockers. Edgerrin James and Joseph Addai were able to put some decent games together but i would never say the Colts run game was fantastic, or even above average for that matter.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed I'm a skins fan and at one time I thought dez was elite but I don't anymore I think brown has the edge over obj I'd take him over him any day obj is a prima Dona imo
OBJ is young and passionate. FWIW, the Norman thing was been nipped in the bud and not allowed to escalate that far. Cam Newton beat Josh Normans ass and about 150 other players have had issues with Norman. I'm excited to see them play twice a year. OBJ torched him twice during that game. Dropped one and Eli had a bad throw.

Brown definitely has the edge, but OBJ is closing the gap quick

On a side note - the Cardinals are contenders.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Arian Foster agrees to 1-year deal with Dolphins, agent says

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17101724/arian-foster-agrees-1-year-deal-miami-dolphins-agent-says

Arian Foster has agreed to a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, according to the veteran running back's agent.

The deal is worth $1.5 million that includes incentives that could bring the total value of the deal to a max of $3.5 million, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Foster's agent, Mike McCartney, tweeted congratulations to the former Houston Texans star on Monday afternoon.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good deal for both sides considering the majority of the money appears to be coming through performance incentives.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good deal for both sides considering the majority of the money appears to be coming through performance incentives.
Foster, when healthy, is still one of the most dangerous backs in the league. A change of scenery may be good for him

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Foster, when healthy, is still one of the most dangerous backs in the league. A change of scenery may be good for him
I completely agree, which is why i said i like the deal. Plus, it'll hopefully help the dolphins help take out the pats in the afc east. Id love for them to go 0-4 under garoppolo to start the season. Just looked up their schedule: cardinals, dolphins, texans, bills - could happen.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly think if he can get his act together, like it seems hes doing, i think he can become an elite quaterback.
He will never get it together. He refuses to believe that he has a problem.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He will never get it together. He refuses to believe that he has a problem.
Even now he's "sober but not done drinking". IF he still has a chance this is the last one.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
OBJ is young and passionate. FWIW, the Norman thing was been nipped in the bud and not allowed to escalate that far. Cam Newton beat Josh Normans ass and about 150 other players have had issues with Norman. I'm excited to see them play twice a year. OBJ torched him twice during that game. Dropped one and Eli had a bad throw.

Brown definitely has the edge, but OBJ is closing the gap quick

On a side note - the Cardinals are contenders.
That is very true ill give you that these players are young I try to think how I would react at 22-23yrs old making a mistake in front millions lol perfect example is when Bryce Harper first got in lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Justin Durant returns to Cowboys with one-year deal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17101208/dallas-cowboys-add-justin-durant-help-fill-void-left-rolando-mcclain-suspension

IRVING, Texas -- With Rolando McClain suspended the first 10 games of the regular season and inexperienced depth across the linebacker position, the Dallas Cowboys signed Justin Durant to a one-year deal on Monday.

Durant was a starter for the team in 2013 and '14, serving as a defensive captain in his last season. He signed a free-agent contract with the Atlanta Falcons in 2015 but was released in February.

McClain was re-signed to a one-year deal in March that included a $750,000 signing bonus and is worth up to $5 million. If the Cowboys release McClain, which remains possible, they would not be able to recoup any of the signing bonus.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I completely agree, which is why i said i like the deal. Plus, it'll hopefully help the dolphins help take out the pats in the afc east. Id love for them to go 0-4 under garoppolo to start the season. Just looked up their schedule: cardinals, dolphins, texans, bills - could happen.
As long as they have Belichick coaching they are still in good shape.

Tbh, I wouldn't be shocked to see them go 4-0 in those games. If they lose those any of those first four, it would be to the cards.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Peanut Tillman retires.

He should have just retired as a Bear. He was great on the field, and off the field in Chicago.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As long as they have Belichick coaching they are still in good shape.

Tbh, I wouldn't be shocked to see them go 4-0 in those games. If they lose those any of those first four, it would be to the cards.
I know man, just wishful thinking lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Miami won't be a good change.

They don't know how to use talented running backs out there, I expect Miller's fantasy stock to rise dramatically though.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Miami won't be a good change.

They don't know how to use talented running backs out there, I expect Miller's fantasy stock to rise dramatically though.
Miller had vision problems his first few years. I remember watching him miss WIDE open canyon-sized holes and back stupid cuts to the wrong side. He's fixed a lot of that, but not sure if that played into it. A healthy Foster > healthy Miller all day, though.

And mentally, it could be a good change. Getting away from the place where you are always injured. He works his ass off to come back though and is a humble, albeit strange, dude. Real good with fans

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Miller had vision problems his first few years. I remember watching him miss WIDE open canyon-sized holes and back stupid cuts to the wrong side. He's fixed a lot of that, but not sure if that played into it. A healthy Foster > healthy Miller all day, though.

And mentally, it could be a good change. Getting away from the place where you are always injured. He works his ass off to come back though and is a humble, albeit strange, dude. Real good with fans
Last season, the dolphins were undefeated in games he ran the ball 15 or more times. When they switched head coaches, the interim coach said he would be committed to running the ball.

For the first 2 games, they did. And they won, then they quit running the ball and started losing again.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602145/article/dolphins-have-no-idea-how-to-properly-use-lamar-miller

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Peanut Tillman retires.

He should have just retired as a Bear. He was great on the field, and off the field in Chicago.
The video he released was funny and good, if you knew about his stats. It was just a little too long though.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The video he released was funny and good, if you knew about his stats. It was just a little too long though.
Yeah i loved the video. There was a minute 20 sec one as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dez Bryant files countersuit against ex-adviser Royce West

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17106711/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-files-countersuit-former-adviser-royce-west

A month after he was sued, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has filed a countersuit against former adviser Royce West, claiming West and his business associates breached the professional and fiduciary duties owed to him.

According to the lawsuit, West, a Texas state senator, "capitalized on Bryant's notoriety and hard-earned success to improperly line his own pocket and those of his business associates."

The suit claims West and his law firm, West & Associates L.L.P., received more than $300,000 in compensation from Bryant while West "simultaneously was breaching his fiduciary duties and other obligations to Bryant." Also, David Wells, who served as West's "hand-picked" financial manager, is said to have "absconded" with over $200,000 owed to Bryant under endorsements and other agreements.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
I refuse to touch Lamar Miller with a 10-foot pole in fantasy until i see him have a consistent full season.

I see people hyping him up as a first round pick and im just like

The talent is there i think, but he's done nothing as of yet to prove hes worth that high of a pick.