2012 Mr. Olympia Discussion Thread

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
if he places top 10 it will still be a great achievement....I rank him 7th...

Yeah, I think somewhere 7-10 is about where he will end up, too.

David
Team APPNUT

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I think somewhere 7-10 is about where he will end up, too.

David
Team APPNUT
it's amazing how he's managed to improve himself since he has 'grandma' as his trainer

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
it's amazing how he's managed to improve himself since he has 'grandma' as his trainer
Lol. It is an odd pairing.

David
Team APPNUT

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it his grandma or is it just her nickname?
it's her nickname...grandma from hell....she trains a lot of bodybuilders. If you see roelly working out on you tube you'll defenitely see her...she's crazy but it works for a lot of guys

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
it's her nickname...grandma from hell....she trains a lot of bodybuilders. If you see roelly working out on you tube you'll defenitely see her...she's crazy but it works for a lot of guys
LoL yeah I seen many clips on YouTube. It's pretty funny watching her train him but if she knows what she is doing than God bless; I don't judge

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LoL yeah I seen many clips on YouTube. It's pretty funny watching her train him but if she knows what she is doing than God bless; I don't judge
she knows what she is doing...just a bit silly to watch...she really is great

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
What about the 212s; who do you guys like? Kevin English announced he is not doing the Olympia this year because of an injury that he's had for years but it has gotten worse (guess because of older age). I think it will come down to Flex Lewis and Jose Raymond

Here's the link about English...
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/contests/2012-mr-olympia/4742-english-is-out-of-the-212-olympia.html
I think Flex is going to win, but it will be very close between him and Jose.

David
Team APPNUT

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I think Flex for the 212.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed but is it just me or is this year "slim pickins" ?????

Not a fan of branch's OR Kai's physiques at all

1. Phil
2. Branch
3. Kai
4. Wolf

Evan maybe at 5

VS91588

VS91588

Awards

Yeah it is because both Jay and Victor are not competing. Kevin English is not competing.. Should be an easy win for Phil. The 212s should be more interesting this year. Those guys are monsters

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established

I actually think this year's O is going to be one of the better ones. I think after Phil, there is going to be a dog-fight for 2nd between Kai, Branch, and Dennis. I also think Kai can challenge Phil IF he comes into the contest in great condition. He's the only guy who can stand next to Phil and match his size/separation.

I'm also interested to see how all the new faces do. I think by Jay and Victor not competing, it really opens the door for some new guys. I'm stoked to see it.

David
Team APPNUT

Yeah it is because both Jay and Victor are not competing. Kevin English is not competing.. Should be an easy win for Phil. The 212s should be more interesting this year. Those guys are monsters
Flex should win, but Jose and Eduardo Correa will both be in the mix. I wish Sami were able to compete. I think he could have challenged for the win, too.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually think this year's O is going to be one of the better ones. I think after Phil, there is going to be a dog-fight for 2nd between Kai, Branch, and Dennis. I also think Kai can challenge Phil IF he comes into the contest in great condition. He's the only guy who can stand next to Phil and match his size/separation.

I'm also interested to see how all the new faces do. I think by Jay and Victor not competing, it really opens the door for some new guys. I'm stoked to see it. .

only problem is kai never has come in 100%....ny pro 2011 was pretty close but he's always a bit off....know one knows for sure he can really come in at the level he needs to

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
only problem is kai never has come in 100%....ny pro 2011 was pretty close but he's always a bit off....know one knows for sure he can really come in at the level he needs to
You are right, but I think he's gonna come in better than ever. After not competing at the Arnold, he's had an entire year to prep. Should be pretty crazy, imo.

David
Team APPNUT

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
1. Phil Heath
2. Kai Greene
3. Dennis Wolf
4. Shawn Rhoden
5. Branch Warren

Just my picks. I'm going with either Jose R. or Eduardo C. for the 212 Mr. O.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
1. Phil Heath
2. Kai Greene
3. Dennis Wolf
4. Shawn Rhoden
5. Branch Warren

Just my picks. I'm going with either Jose R. or Eduardo C. for the 212 Mr. O.
If Shawn beats Branch, I will be shocked. Not saying he doesn't have the better physique, but politics won't let that happen.

Good choices with the 212. I just saw a pic of Flex though and he is looking ridiculously-big.

David
Team APPNUT

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Is this going to be televised? And what channel?
ESPN used to televise it back in the 80s and early 90s but because the athletes use roids they stopped the coverage. They don't televise it but they have no problem interviewing the athletes on ESPN news SMH... Go to Bodybuilding.com for the coverage!

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
Thanks. I remember it being on TV. Back in the day.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
The battle is between Phil and Kai for 1st and 2nd

image-1340420247.jpg

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks like Branch was not up to his old self and Rhoden surprised people. Kai and Heath for 1 and 2 right now. Tonight should be interesting

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Man after watching that I'm actually really wanting Kai to win now.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kai beat phil in some poses, phil looked better last year.......but phil still has better shape and won his fair share of poses

biggest disappointment was evan imo....i think he looked like crap, he was conditioned but he had no size and no pop to his muscles

biggest surprises were rhoden and dexter, dexter looked really good, rhoden also being young looked really good

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
kai beat phil in some poses, phil looked better last year.......but phil still has better shape and won his fair share of poses

biggest disappointment was evan imo....i think he looked like crap, he was conditioned but he had no size and no pop to his muscles

biggest surprises were rhoden and dexter, dexter looked really good, rhoden also being young looked really good
Jose Raymond said that to Evan in a video from Muscular Development when they were training back. He said something along the line "it's one thing to be big and it's one thing to be ripped. But to be big and ripped and keep your muscles full is another thing" ...As for Heath and Kai I think it's not one sided at all. You can't say one was better than the other because they both did their homework and brought a package that would win this year. So now it's all about the judges opinion on what they are looking for this year

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
I'm rooting for Kai... He's a little crazy but I like his story and hope he finally gets one, his v taper is as good as its every been, I think he's always had a hard time with his mid section being to bloated, his definition is just insane even next to heath the ripples in his back are just awesome

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I'm rooting for Kai... He's a little crazy but I like his story and hope he finally gets one, his v taper is as good as its every been, I think he's always had a hard time with his mid section being to bloated, his definition is just insane even next to heath the ripples in his back are just awesome
Yes his midsection is going to hurt him still. He got leaner but genetically he has a wide waist

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Yes his midsection is going to Hirt him still. He got leaner but genetically he has a wide waist
Looking at those pics, Kia's midsection is more ripped than Heath's. Heath only has 2 abs showing.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Yeah but its more his bone structure than anything, plus Kai always has great abdominal muscles but a lot of the time he's bloated and that hurts him, can't do anything about the wide bone structure but his lats and shoulder width are great enough to have a good look when he is in good conditioning, he's put in the work and nutrition for sure but he just has to have his conditioning locked down and I don't think anyone can take him down.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but its more his bone structure than anything, plus Kai always has great abdominal muscles but a lot of the time he's bloated and that hurts him, can't do anything about the wide bone structure but his lats and shoulder width are great enough to have a good look when he is in good conditioning, he's put in the work and nutrition for sure but he just has to have his conditioning locked down and I don't think anyone can take him down.
Yeah, you bring up a good point. Only time will tell i guess. I always thought the bloated look was from HGH use. We never really used to see it years back but now we do. I do agree that Phil does not have that look which makes him look more impressive.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
I def agree about the g.h. belly, Kai is looking great in that area so far this time!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
1. Phil 2x Mr. Olympia
2. Kai
3. Shawn
4. Dexter
5. Branch
6. Dennis

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
212's...
1. Lewis 212 Mr. Olympia
2. Henry
3. Correa
4. Raymond
5. Auguste
6. Jackson

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know you guys are fans of Flex, but eh, I kind of felt Dave Henry had that. I am only saying this from the pictures, I didn't watch it (wanted to; missed it). But we'll see how next year goes. It'll be tough with English coming back.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I know you guys are fans of Flex, but eh, I kind of felt Dave Henry had that. I am only saying this from the pictures, I didn't watch it (wanted to; missed it). But we'll see how next year goes. It'll be tough with English coming back.
I think this picture says it all:

img_36341348943383.jpg

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I was really dissapointed w/ Branch Warren. I think he dieted too hard. He was leaner than ever b4 but he lost size compared to his physique @ the Arnold Classic. I was expecting to see something crazy

newbreed

Awards
I think Branch and Wolf were a disappointment this year. I must say Rhoden was a HUGE surprise.

Santillan

Awards
Wew. Phil. hands down knee and head.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Shawn Rhoden was certainly the surprise of the show. He looked fantastic!

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Is it just me or does it seem like Shawn has a much more "classic" bodybuilder look than most of the other big bodybuilders right now?

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Is it just me or does it seem like Shawn has a much more "classic" bodybuilder look than most of the other big bodybuilders right now?
Yes. He is big but not massively freaky. He is lean, tight, and hard too

newbreed

Awards
Absolutely. He had great size with great shape.