200lbs the holy Grail # (for gym bros) why??

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So in & out the gym iam always hearing this # as most guys goals. While I think the goal should be to look good,fit, strong and aesthetic as possible.
I don't think you need the gym to reach 200lbs(just body weight). Honestly most these guys I am not even sure 200lbs lean muscle isn't even achieveable naturally. However I am also not sure if these same guys are open to gear use or not. Most cases use will certainly be necessary to reach 200lbs.

These guys are average gymrats 155-180lbs 5'5-5'10 mostly.

I mean all these guys even just over hearing random gym conversations it's always "Ian tryna reach 200lbs".
I almost never hear"Iam tryna improve this or that or recomp".

I assume a lot of these guys don't know what it takes to hit 200lbs sub 12/13%bf. Because they'll have a protein shake from 7/11 or something and I always ask what's your diet or protein intake. They're all over the place or don't have a clue.

Main purpose of this post is I wanted to know is it just me tripping or is this pretty common.I want to hear what other have to say.

What is 200lbs a right of passage to manhood or buff gym bro status 😂😂.

Lemme add this also sometimes these guys look pretty descent mostly 170-185ish guys. I feel they'd look possibly how they want at 190.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Haha, this is a first I heard 200lb as a “milestone”, wtf, are you and your friends in high school? Well, it makes sense that you guys are 5’5-5’10 but even at 5’10 200 is noting special. Get new goals or even better, get new friends.

Last edited:

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha, this is a first I heard 200lb as a “milestone”, wtf, are you and your friends in high school?
Nahh dude i am a grown man homie in my 40s. Some of these guys are 20/30 yrs.
If you not gonna contribute something positive or post related I'd appreciate no response.
C'mon BBiceps seriously I've seen your post before you're pretty sensible and knowledgeable I'd like to hear your take from that aspect.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that that is just a general number that when people start out they have in their mind as a goal, most of the time just because its an even number and gives them something to shoot for.

Just like for many people as they age and get out of shape or gain too much weight, its just a nice even number to shoot for and get back down to.

As people continue on with time, I think goals do, or at least should become more individualized because everyone has different genetics, body types, and also different goals in how they want to look. Plus, x weight can look completely different on different people.

I remember for me when I was younger, that was the case - I wanted to get bigger and 200 was just an easy to remember goal number. And then after I was in a really bad accident last year and let myself go, it became a goal to get back down to.

Nothing special about the number itself, it just kind of is a mental thing that is easier to say and remember than saying 183 or 191 or something like that.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure I understand your question but 200 is definitely possible naturally. Diet does more than gear given time. Just means a longer period of bulking and pushing volume and weight, instead of yo-yoing between wanting to get bigger and wanting to be shredded, and not making actual permanent longterm gains.
While I agree you can look fit and aesthetic at "155-180lbs" I think for these dudes 200+ is a threshold that implies that you aren't just lean but have decent mass too.
The goal post just keeps moving though, I'm almost 240 and I feel small. Thats the beauty of it all.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm not sure I understand your question but 200 is definitely possible naturally. Diet does more than gear given time. Just means a longer period of bulking and pushing volume and weight, instead of yo-yoing between wanting to get bigger and wanting to be shredded, and not making actual permanent longterm gains.
While I agree you can look fit and aesthetic at "155-180lbs" I think for these dudes 200+ is a threshold that implies that you aren't just lean but have decent mass too.
The goal post just keeps moving though, I'm almost 240 and I feel small. Thats the beauty of it all.
I can definitely see this being true. Iam 215 5'8 and feel really small.
Iam not so sure these guys 5'10 and under reaching 200lbs (lean) is achieveable,I've seen and heard of ifbbs saying they capped at 187'191 lbs (naturally). I mean guys 6'0-6'5 it's more feasible.
I could be wrong thoe.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
200 lbs lean as a natural means that your genes are well above average and you have put some serious time and dedication into it. Ive been doing this for 30 years natural and probably with more dedication than most people. Im 6'2 and my best lean bodyweight was just under 180lbs.

While my genes probably arent the best, 20 pounds more of muscle sounds insane and id love to be able to get to that size!

Now if we are talking 200lbs and not lean then yeah, no problem at all.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m not going to sit here and talk about anyone enhanced since it’s not my expertise, but even for most of them I think people hold a lot more fat than they think.

I know it’s like a meme about people under 200lbs, but you’d have to be pretty tall to not be lean and not have a pretty insane ffmi if you are 200lbs and over.

Not trying to burst any bubbles, but I think it’s also important to keep some things out of fantasy land with expectations.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pretty sure this was an IG meme. You aren't a man until you reach 200lb. I've used it as motivation myself but the longer I trained I've come to same conclusion many others have. Lots of guys who brag about it are fat af and have no idea what lean is. I type this as a skinny fat man himself leaning down. Goal is over 200 and I know that's quite a hard goal but not impossible.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly, it's been my Lifetime Goal forever..
But at 125lbs at 31 yrs old, it seemed unattainable..!!
Well I got damn close..198.6lbs...
But I'm Fighting the Dragon.anb got sick again..!!
I'm most happy around 180lbs..with a 31 inch waist, with abs..
At 57,I'm not chasing 200 anymore..I'm chasing great Health and beating terminal C..
Eating clean, feeling good and the Image in the Mirror...that's My Goal..
Z...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pretty sure this was an IG meme. You aren't a man until you reach 200lb. I've used it as motivation myself but the longer I trained I've come to same conclusion many others have. Lots of guys who brag about it are fat af and have no idea what lean is. I type this as a skinny fat man himself leaning down. Goal is over 200 and I know that's quite a hard goal but not impossible.
Lol same here...I need to get DOWN to 200lb

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
These guys are average gymrats 155-180lbs 5'5-5'10 mostly.
I think that sorta answers your own question. even though genetics vary at the end of the day us humans are more similar than we are different. 100 trained natural guys in the average height range are going to weigh about the same give or take 5-10lbs for genetically different features

Haha, this is a first I heard 200lb as a “milestone”, wtf, are you and your friends in high school? Well, it makes sense that you guys are 5’5-5’10 but even at 5’10 200 is noting special. Get new goals or even better, get new friends.
funny you say that. my junior year my goal was to hit 200lbs or I wasn't going to play football, that was a mile marker in my head just to keep up with the size of the guys that sprouted past me. One year I could play on the line, the next year it was like... yeah I can play safety cause I'm not stopping anyone anymore on the line lol.

I’m not going to sit here and talk about anyone enhanced since it’s not my expertise, but even for most of them I think people hold a lot more fat than they think.
Iam not so sure these guys 5'10 and under reaching 200lbs (lean)
yeah depends on your definition of lean. at 8% bf I was 174-176lbs.
But after a year of bulking went from 183 and 14-15% to 200 and 16.5%.
with a roughly +1-2.5% increase in bodyfat (so like a 50/50 split in fat and muscle) but the appearance in the mirror is roughly the same. more muscle tends to make more fat look leaner. I'm definitely holding more fat pounds than I was a year ago, but the stomach looks roughly the same

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nahh dude i am a grown man homie in my 40s. Some of these guys are 20/30 yrs.
If you not gonna contribute something positive or post related I'd appreciate no response.
C'mon BBiceps seriously I've seen your post before you're pretty sensible and knowledgeable I'd like to hear your take from that aspect.
Ok, on a more serious note, no I never heard 200 being a milestone, I might have heard 220 (100kg) but never 200. But yes, ppl tend to focus on a weight than actually on real results but in the end, who cares, as long as they are happy and keep pushing towards a goal it’s all good. I give those ppl way more credit than those that goes to the gym without a goal/plan and just do a mindless workout “just because”.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If your natural and under 6ft tall your not going to be ripped at 200lbs, frank Zane was 5'9, 180lbs @ probably 8%bf when he won the Mr Olympia, on steroids.
Screenshot_20230921_111652_Google.jpg

Maybe 0.1% of ppl will achieve this naturally.

So tp be 200lbs @8% you need to have 20 more lbs of muscle then frank Zane in those pictures and 20lbs of muscle will mutate someone's physique.

I'm also not sure why your being sensitive about what biceps said. There was nothing really wrong with that post and I understand what he was getting at. It sounds like a goal I would have set in high-school.

I've been off cycle for months now, running and boxing and dieting but not really doing much if any hypertrophy work and I'm kinda reverting back to what I looked like naturally and I kinda level off at 180 10%. Before steroids I was in the low 170's at 10%

Bf% I'm guessing, no1 really knows what they are in my opinion

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok, on a more serious note, no I never heard 200 being a milestone, I might have heard 220 (100kg) but never 200. But yes, ppl tend to focus on a weight than actually on real results but in the end, who cares, as long as they are happy and keep pushing towards a goal it’s all good. I give those ppl way more credit than those that goes to the gym without a goal/plan and just do a mindless workout “just because”.
There was nothing really wrong with that post and I understand what he was getting at. It sounds like a goal I would have set in high-school.
rule #1 and #2 in goal setting is that it should be measurable, and attainable. 200lbs is just an OCD number that people can wrap their head around. it's measurable and depending on your target BF, attainable for the masses. (not at 8% though of course).

nobody says I have a goal of being 193.65lbs at 8.27% body fat because our brains don't think like that lol. we like whole numbers. 200lbs, or 220/100kg.. all whole numbers that you can wrap your head around.

personally, if I actually wanted to weigh 200lbs, I'd set a goal at 210, for example. another whole number.

and now as I'm cutting, I'm looking at sub 190... another whole number. I'm not really trying to weigh 189.5lbs. I'm just looking to cut under 190 😅

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
"nobody says I have a goal of being 193.65lbs at 8.27% body fat because our brains don't think like that lol. "

Hahaha exactly

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You should check out Dave Crossland's advice/opinion on reaching a goal weight. Basically everyone thinks when they hit they're goal weight the skies will open up and the heavans will part and everything will be right with the world but the sad reality was he was just a 400 pound man standing on a paper scale who had severe kidney problems because of all the gear. I forget what episode of drugs n stuff it was on but I know there was a guest maybe Zack khan I forget but it was really well said and thought out

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
But for real, it’s just a round number milestone. It’s like a 225 bench. There’s no magic there. No one throws a party for you. There’s no ceremonial virgin sacrifice to induct you into the Strong Club. It’s just a round number mile marker people set their sights on. It could just as well be 235, but those extra little 5s each side aren’t as impressive as the big wheels.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
But for real, it’s just a round number milestone. It’s like a 225 bench. There’s no magic there. No one throws a party for you. There’s no ceremonial virgin sacrifice to induct you into the Strong Club. It’s just a round number mile marker people set their sights on. It could just as well be 235, but those extra little 5s each side aren’t as impressive as the big wheels.
Huh? You're not going to throw me party when I hit 200 pounds? 😑

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
225 was the first one I set (im 5'9"). When I got to 225 I was really strong and I was happy, until I realized I was fat. My arms and shoulders looked great in a tank top but that's about it, I had to cut back to 180 and start over. Next time around I was sharp at 210-212 and I cut again and whatever
That was a big one. Benching 2 plates and then Benching 3 plates. Obviously I'm not gonna bench 4 plates off gear and not training my bench but when I hop back on you can bet your ass IL be shooting for a 4 plate bench

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Goals..Reachable and Healthy Goals are important..pushing yourself..Yes..!!
But..pushing yourself beyond reasonable limits, puts us in a perfect position for injuries..and at an older age, we just don't heal like we used too..
Listening to your body is the wise path..
Z...

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
225 was the first one I set (im 5'9"). When I got to 225 I was really strong and I was happy, until I realized I was fat. My arms and shoulders looked great in a tank top but that's about it, I had to cut back to 180 and start over. Next time around I was sharp at 210-212 and I cut again and whatever
That was a big one. Benching 2 plates and then Benching 3 plates. Obviously I'm not gonna bench 4 plates off gear and not training my bench but when I hop back on you can bet your ass IL be shooting for a 4 plate bench
Oh man, there’s not much more satisfying than adding another big boy plate to each side. You’ve inspired me, now I’m gonna go for 5!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You know what, for you we can make an exception.
If you're making an exception for him, I want a party when I get back down to 200 lbs. haha.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You guys...reminds me of my home forum..
We have a tight bunch there too..lol
Z...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Okay, maybe we just make this year an exception? Everyone hits 200 and we celebrate on New Years?
Sounds like a plan to me haha.

I almost got there when I was dieting, but after the accident I had lost so much muscle and gained so much fat. I had lost a little over 40 lbs. and got down to 202 from Feb. to June but was able to start back working out in June. So in July I changed my focus to building back muscle and started on the stack I'm doing and I'm over 225 now, but happy that I've managed to do while still losing about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch on my waist.

Depending on what this party is to include though, I might would be willing to focus on cutting some more fat by Jan 1st haha.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Okay, maybe we just make this year an exception? Everyone hits 200 and we celebrate on New Years?
200?? Why do we all have to be small all of the sudden?? 😂

Haha, joking a side, I’m a Viking (originally from Scandinavia) so last time I was 200 was probably as a teenager and even when I was fighting @185 I was walking around at 205-215 (on a strict diet) and that was 12+ yrs ago. My last fight weight was 223 (picture attached) 9yrs ago. I’m walking around 235-240 now, similar bf to my fight picture, so yeah, 200 seems far away for me… 😉

Attachments

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
200?? Why do we all have to be small all of the sudden?? 😂

Haha, joking a side, I’m a Viking (originally from Scandinavia) so last time I was 200 was probably as a teenager and even when I was fighting @185 I was walking around at 205-215 (on a strict diet) and that was 12+ yrs ago. My last fight weight was 223 (picture attached) 9yrs ago. I’m walking around 235-240 now, similar bf to my fight picture, so yeah, 200 seems far away for me… 😉
Looking good bro,so I can definitely see why you answered they way you did the first time..From your perspective 200lbs isn't impressive at all.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lots of good responses here (I appreciate it)
It seems we all have different perspectives mostly influenced by our genetical body types and fitness journeys.
Nevertheless not really no wrong response here just helpful information again Thanks guys.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's just one of those numbers that people throw out in this world. It's like when you see someone who isn't lean and you ask them what their bf % is.... you know they're going to say 15%.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's just one of those numbers that people throw out in this world. It's like when you see someone who isn't lean and you ask them what their bf % is.... you know they're going to say 15%.
Yeah for sure,this thread gave me a better understanding of why that # is thrown around so much.

I mean to be fair I only frequent commercial gyms (for the most)24hr Fitness,LA fitness and fitness 19. I assume I'd hear less of this as a milestone in a more advanced environments.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Every single thread or convo in real life is ya can kinda see abs so ya 15%. 😐

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Every single thread or convo in real life is ya can kinda see abs so ya 15%. 😐
Sometimes they have slightly visible abs... sometimes they only have abs in the morning... sometimes they only have abs on certain days.... sometimes they have no abs at all because they hold water weight but have a flat stomach.... it doesn't really matter because the answer always comes back the same... I'm about 15% body fat :rolleyes:

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
200?? Why do we all have to be small all of the sudden??
To be honest, I haven’t been under 200 in about 10 years, except for when I had appendicitis. I dropped to like 195 and my mom told me about 15 times that I looked tiny. I usually walk around about 220 myself.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should check out Dave Crossland's advice/opinion on reaching a goal weight. Basically everyone thinks when they hit they're goal weight the skies will open up and the heavans will part and everything will be right with the world but the sad reality was he was just a 400 pound man standing on a paper scale who had severe kidney problems because of all the gear. I forget what episode of drugs n stuff it was on but I know there was a guest maybe Zack khan I forget but it was really well said and thought out

100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The goal was 240.................then 250....................then 275.................and then the magical 300. I never made it to 300, so perhaps my eternal satisfaction and happiness would have been achieved but I only made it to 280(hurt my back) but I think I was fat enough at 280, lol, and I got to take a pic with Big Pappa Pump, so there's that. Pardon the pic quality it was an actual camera with film in 2009.

Regarding the 200, with the exception of very short individuals, there are not really any BIG BIG guys under 200lbs so it is a hill you have to climb so to speak on the way to "hugeness." Also who the hell knows why kids have the ideas they have in their heads?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was long echoed in the powerlifting community when geared lifting was at its peak and bloat maxing was the thing to do that if you were under 200 lbs, you were not a man and if you wanna lift the big weights, you gotta get above 200 lbs. There was not a focus on being 200 lbs lean in this case, just you have to get big to be respected and lift big numbers. The raw movement thankfully showed this is not the case in this community and I do not hear it much anymore. I wonder if some of that dialogue stemmed from there. I know a lot of info from powerlifters around that time is still somewhat echoed even now. Other examples are, tuck for bench, big back big bench, big tris for a big bench, hamstrings are most important for the squat, you only need to do the big compound lifts to grow and isolations do not matter much, ect.

I followed the BW advice myself and got up to 230lbs at 5'10. I had hit a 600lb squat, 370lb bench, and 600lb pull all in comp raw at this weight so there was some muscle and strength there. Also hit 800lb squat in gear in training, 535lb bench in gear in comp, and a 635lb deadlift in gear in training at the same weight. I did not think I was that fat at that weight. When I decided to stop powerlifting and get leaner I ended up losing 35lbs down to 195lbs and was only around 20% BF. It is so hard to tell sometimes just how much fat you are holding. I have since lost another 10lbs and I think I will finally hit my original goal of being "beach" lean if I lose another 10lbs and get to around 175lbs. If I wanted to get really lean I am sure I would need to get to 165lbs and to get shredded? Maybe around 150lbs.

Last edited:

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It was long echoed in the powerlifting community when geared lifting was at its peak and bloat maxing was the thing to do that if you were under 200 lbs, you were not a man and if you wanna lift the big weights, you gotta get above 200 lbs. There was not a focus on being 200 lbs lean in this case, just you have to get big to be respected and lift big numbers. The raw movement thankfully showed this is not the case in this community and I do not hear it much anymore. I wonder if some of that dialogue stemmed from there. I know a lot of info from powerlifters around that time is still somewhat echoed even now. Other examples are, tuck for bench, big back big bench, big tris for a big bench, hamstrings are most important for the squat, you only need to do the big compound lifts to grow and isolations do not matter much, ect.

I followed the BW advice myself and got up to 230lbs at 5'10. I had hit a 600lb squat, 370lb bench, and 600lb pull all in comp raw at this weight so there was some muscle and strength there. Also hit 800lb squat in gear in training, 535lb bench in gear in comp, and a 635lb deadlift in gear in training at the same weight. I did not think I was that fat at that weight. When I decided to stop powerlifting and get leaner I ended up losing 35lbs down to 195lbs and was only around 20% BF. It is so hard to tell sometimes just how much fat you are holding. I have since lost another 10lbs and I think I will finally hit my original goal of being "beach" lean if I lose another 10lbs and get to around 175lbs. If I wanted to get really lean I am sure I would need to get to 165lbs and to get shredded? Maybe around 150lbs.
The old powerlifting saying, " any man under 200 pounds is a woman. I'm sure there ate plenty of mma fighters and boxers who may take exception to that tho

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s been a thing as long as I have been into lifting from 2008. I don’t think many adults take it seriously, but kids often are concerned about it.

The thing is, 200lbs at an average height and bodyfat generally just isn’t that big or special looking, but kids/beginners tend to get grandiose ideas about what will set them above the norm. If I just add Xlbs to the scale, I’ll be respected/admired/validated.

200lbs at 5’6” and 10% bf is definitely “big”. 200 at 6’0” and 20% bf is not. Most men in America will fall somewhere inbetween.

200lbs at 5’10” at 10% bodyfat is not a natural endeavor though, as already mentioned.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The goal was 240.................then 250....................then 275.................and then the magical 300. I never made it to 300, so perhaps my eternal satisfaction and happiness would have been achieved but I only made it to 280(hurt my back) but I think I was fat enough at 280, lol, and I got to take a pic with Big Pappa Pump, so there's that. Pardon the pic quality it was an actual camera with film in 2009.

View attachment 236135

Regarding the 200, with the exception of very short individuals, there are not really any BIG BIG guys under 200lbs so it is a hill you have to climb so to speak on the way to "hugeness." Also who the hell knows why kids have the ideas they have in their heads?
I wish I had that tshirt!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just to spite you guys, this is my new goal.
subscribe

But for real, it’s just a round number milestone. It’s like a 225 bench. There’s no magic there. No one throws a party for you. There’s no ceremonial virgin sacrifice to induct you into the Strong Club.
no, not at 225. keep going 😅

I'd be shocked if you didn't feel adequately beach lean at 175lbs. this was me at 176/178 and 5'9"

The thing is, 200lbs at an average height and bodyfat generally just isn’t that big or special looking, but kids/beginners tend to get grandiose ideas about what will set them above the norm. If I just add Xlbs to the scale, I’ll be respected/admired/validated.
the only thing I would argue in that regard is that 200lbs can be accomplished many ways and the way I carry 200lbs "looks" a lot fuckin' thicker as a gym rat, than all the guys I know in my social circle who are actually 225lbs+ but aren't in the gym. it's the shoulders/pecs/back. building that up at 200lbs, even the fat version of me, definitely looks a lot bigger than the leaner 175lb version of me did in clothes.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
subscribe

no, not at 225. keep going

I'd be shocked if you didn't feel adequately beach lean at 175lbs. this was me at 176/178 and 5'9"

View attachment 236199

the only thing I would argue in that regard is that 200lbs can be accomplished many ways and the way I carry 200lbs "looks" a lot fuckin' thicker as a gym rat, than all the guys I know in my social circle who are actually 225lbs+ but aren't in the gym. it's the shoulders/pecs/back. building that up at 200lbs, even the fat version of me, definitely looks a lot bigger than the leaner 175lb version of me did in clothes.
Note that I said average bodyfat, which I now see was ambiguous. Like 15- 20%bf, was what I was referencing for folks who work out that you see at a gym. A man weighing 225 who is not in the gym is going to be fat AF, well over 30%.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

View attachment 236199
For me, fat comes off my legs, hips, and everywhere else faster than my mid section, just how the cards fell for me. So yeah, I hope at that weight I would achieve the goal and something similar to your picture.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Note that I said average bodyfat, which I now see was ambiguous. Like 15- 20%bf, was what I was referencing for folks who work out that you see at a gym. A man weighing 225 who is not in the gym is going to be fat AF, well over 30%.
oh yeah absolutely, same page I understand you now. In fact we just took a group / team picture yesterday at a tournament and I was sorta laughing looking at it because all three of my teammates outweigh me by 30-40lbs but look considerably smaller. sorta crazy how much weight a man can hold in the shoulders/pecs/upper arm with a lifetime of training.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For me, fat comes off my legs, hips, and everywhere else faster than my mid section, just how the cards fell for me. So yeah, I hope at that weight I would achieve the goal and something similar to your picture.
yeah I got veins in the lower abs but never ever got veiny legs. they were actually 2" bigger back then since we squatted basically daily, but I never felt they were ripped or super impressive. I didn't start to develop that lower "V" everyone used to talk about until years later, but my brother who was always 5-8% higher BF would have the lower like pelvic V look all the time but never necessarily have abs.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah I got veins in the lower abs but never ever got veiny legs. they were actually 2" bigger back then since we squatted basically daily, but I never felt they were ripped or super impressive. I didn't start to develop that lower "V" everyone used to talk about until years later, but my brother who was always 5-8% higher BF would have the lower like pelvic V look all the time but never necessarily have abs.
I didn't get veins in my legs until this last cut where I was borderline stage lean. I still have them too, the skin o my legs is still dick thin eventho I'm back up to 217. The minute they start to go I drop my calories,they were so hard to get I'm not losing them

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im 5,7 working out 30 years, gear etc. Im close to the best shape of my life at 187 pounds.
At 200 just like it has been said, I look huge everyone says my traps shoulders look great but Im a fat ass at 200.

For me growing up getting two wheels was the first big step. Then three etc..