2009 College Football Season

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
here we go with the "southern" exposure....the last 3-4 pages was bickering among overated SEC big 12 teams..oh and v-tech (ACC)...i wasnt gonna reply but i figured fu#k it....these southern "speedsters" wouldn't know what hit them when a big 10 line backer gets done with them...you can call the big 10 slow or sedate all you want..but its all about heart and strength up here...and yeah we do get speedsters in the big 10 that are over shadowed by the media lovin SEC....it must be nice to play a game on a saturday afternoon/evening in 60-70 degree weather...while penn state is playing iowa in 30 degree weather with a wind chill factor of 10. thats what pi$$es me off..what if georgia played michigan..in gusty winds and 25-30 degree weather..as bad as michigan may be on paper..they're accostumed to this environment and CAN pull off the upset..lukily for G.U. quarterback Stafford..detroit is in a dome...but has to endure Lambou field in green bay. I know..I know..."brett farve"..blah..blah...how was his stats the first season or two??? not good until he adjusted to a harsher weather environment. And texas titan...you wanna see tailgating..come to Happy Valley on ANY given saturday in the fall (even away games they party at beaver stadium)..and they/we will out party..out drink anybody from the "hyped up" party schools of the south..as much i hate Ohio state in the big 10...i always pull for them in an out of conference game..even if the outcome affects PSU's chance of a big 10 championship..i cannot wait till penn state plays alabama next year(rubbering)..the $hit talking will be in full force..lol!!

Bottom line: big 10 deserves more recognition..albiet..not as potent as the 80's-90's but are on a rebound....TRUST ME...and the media still makes the SEC seem unstoppable while they suck tim tebow's d#$K...when they dont play a game north of Kentucky....big 10 is old school..and history does repeat itself....they dont like change...case in point..Joe Paterno...i hope he stays in PSU forever!! despite what ppl say (even fellow penn staters) the man knows his $hit and knows character outweighs talent...final thought....the rose bowl!!! home field advantage for the mighty USC (in fair weather)..you take away the 3rd qtr of that game and it was anybodys game...lose another one to Oregon ST..(the same team Penn St dismantled in pennsylvania)..IMO.."southern speed" is "southern Greed"..and one day the speedy youngsters from various parts of the nation will come to their scences and say.." i wanna play with a school that cares about me and my love for the game..and it doesnt matter if its in the "sunbelt" or a beach on the gulf of mexico....if its in the mountains of pennsylavania or the plains of wisconsin or suburban chicago (northwestern) and they care about me and prepare me mentally and physically to be the best i can be on and off the field..im going Big 10"..................thank you.....plenny

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
here we go with the "southern" exposure....the last 3-4 pages was bickering among overated SEC big 12 teams..oh and v-tech (ACC)...i wasnt gonna reply but i figured fu#k it....these southern "speedsters" wouldn't know what hit them when a big 10 line backer gets done with them...you can call the big 10 slow or sedate all you want..but its all about heart and strength up here...and yeah we do get speedsters in the big 10 that are over shadowed by the media lovin SEC....it must be nice to play a game on a saturday afternoon/evening in 60-70 degree weather...while penn state is playing iowa in 30 degree weather with a wind chill factor of 10. thats what pi$$es me off..what if georgia played michigan..in gusty winds and 25-30 degree weather..as bad as michigan may be on paper..they're accostumed to this environment and CAN pull off the upset..lukily for G.U. quarterback Stafford..detroit is in a dome...but has to endure Lambou field in green bay. I know..I know..."brett farve"..blah..blah...how was his stats the first season or two??? not good until he adjusted to a harsher weather environment. And texas titan...you wanna see tailgating..come to Happy Valley on ANY given saturday in the fall (even away games they party at beaver stadium)..and they/we will out party..out drink anybody from the "hyped up" party schools of the south..as much i hate Ohio state in the big 10...i always pull for them in an out of conference game..even if the outcome affects PSU's chance of a big 10 championship..i cannot wait till penn state plays alabama next year(rubbering)..the $hit talking will be in full force..lol!!

Bottom line: big 10 deserves more recognition..albiet..not as potent as the 80's-90's but are on a rebound....TRUST ME...and the media still makes the SEC seem unstoppable while they suck tim tebow's d#$K...when they dont play a game north of Kentucky....big 10 is old school..and history does repeat itself....they dont like change...case in point..Joe Paterno...i hope he stays in PSU forever!! despite what ppl say (even fellow penn staters) the man knows his $hit and knows character outweighs talent...final thought....the rose bowl!!! home field advantage for the mighty USC (in fair weather)..you take away the 3rd qtr of that game and it was anybodys game...lose another one to Oregon ST..(the same team Penn St dismantled in pennsylvania)..IMO.."southern speed" is "southern Greed"..and one day the speedy youngsters from various parts of the nation will come to their scences and say.." i wanna play with a school that cares about me and my love for the game..and it doesnt matter if its in the "sunbelt" or a beach on the gulf of mexico....if its in the mountains of pennsylavania or the plains of wisconsin or suburban chicago (northwestern) and they care about me and prepare me mentally and physically to be the best i can be on and off the field..im going Big 10"..................thank you.....plenny

Oh my - Have some cheese with that WHINE!

Let me preface this by saying i'm not passing negative judgement in the following statement; it's nothing more than constructive criticism.

Honestly penny - with all the run-on sentences and misuse of punctuation, you really haven't articulated a solid arguement. In other words, i can't even really discern what your point is here? It sounds like your ultimately trying to prove something to yourself...

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established

Are you kidding me? The Big 10 is painfully soft. Its systematically beaten down and shut up. How is this not proven time and again. From the BCS game losses to the 1-6 bowl record last season, the Big 10 is downright pathetic.

The Pac-1 (no typo, the Pac-1) is more fearsome.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
plenny, really? You break your lengthy silence with... the redundant f#%king cold weather argument? Dude... again? Really???:pat:

You're obviously drunk tonight, because you never type that much.:trink26: When you're sober in the morning, just remember... the proof is in the pudding. Here's the pudding:

Since 1970, the Big Ten has overall records of 46-67-1 (0.408) against the SEC, 119-147-4 (0.448) against the Pac-10, and 91-97-2 (0.484) against the Big-12. In that same period, Penn State's record against Alabama is 4-8 (0.333).

So... there's that.

Btw... I found this small pic of your sister in an old thread:
i love julio jones.jpeg:lol:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
plenny, really? You break your lengthy silence with... the redundant f#%king cold weather argument? Dude... again? Really???:pat:

You're obviously drunk tonight, because you never type that much.:trink26: When you're sober in the morning, just remember... the proof is in the pudding. Here's the pudding:

Since 1970, the Big Ten has overall records of 46-67-1 (0.408) against the SEC, 119-147-4 (0.448) against the Pac-10, and 91-97-2 (0.484) against the Big-12. In that same period, Penn State's record against Alabama is 4-8 (0.333).

So... there's that.

Btw... I found this small pic of your sister in an old thread:
View attachment 27715:lol:
well, my goal to pi$$ the SEC fan club is accomplished!! btw..myfingers still hurt from all that typing while under the influence of adult beverages...4 hrs later..im going to the gym.......WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Oh my - Have some cheese with that WHINE!

Let me preface this by saying i'm not passing negative judgement in the following statement; it's nothing more than constructive criticism.

Honestly penny - with all the run-on sentences and misuse of punctuation, you really haven't articulated a solid arguement. In other words, i can't even really discern what your point is here? It sounds like your ultimately trying to prove something to yourself...
DOOD!! you're ruthless...last time i checked this wasnt english 101..its merely a "Talk trash" college football forum....i like crankin you guys up...i missed coming on here........the "civil war" has begun....north vs south ..it seems...btw....that pic WAS funny...holler!!

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Are you kidding me? The Big 10 is painfully soft. Its systematically beaten down and shut up. How is this not proven time and again. From the BCS game losses to the 1-6 bowl record last season, the Big 10 is downright pathetic.

The Pac-1 (no typo, the Pac-1) is more fearsome.
good god!! they're coming out of the woodwork now!! and the above comment is coming from someone who wrote a 600 word essay on tim tebow.:dunno:

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
the above comment is coming from someone who wrote a 600 word essay on tim tebow.:dunno:
LOL - Yeah, I already took TexasT to task on his little Tim Tebow excursion.
I think he was drinking the same thing you were last night.

Seriously Plenny, a little alcohol and we REALLY find out how you feel about us. :kiss:

(BTW, I think JoePa has already "stayed at Penn State forever").

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DOOD!! you're ruthless...last time i checked this wasnt english 101..its merely a "Talk trash" college football forum....i like crankin you guys up...i missed coming on here........the "civil war" has begun....north vs south ..it seems...btw....that pic WAS funny...holler!!
The civil war? lol - Plenny, you're a riot.

The pic was indeed funny. :lol:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
btw..myfingers still hurt from all that typing while under the influence of adult beverages...
I knew it!!!:lol:

Seriously, good to see ya. How's your spring been? Yes, I'm eagerly anticipating our little matchup in Tuscaloosa next year.

Hey, one of my students is doing her 5th grade state report and wants to know... 'Does it get cold in Pennsylvania?':D

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
At least due to the big 10 being so weak it has allowed for us to most likely end up getting a playoff system. Thanks Ohio State.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I knew it!!!:lol:

Seriously, good to see ya. How's your spring been? Yes, I'm eagerly anticipating our little matchup in Tuscaloosa next year.

Hey, one of my students is doing her 5th grade state report and wants to know... 'Does it get cold in Pennsylvania?':D
spring..what spring?? im still shoveling snow..lol!! seriously..springs been great so far..getting out for cardio..takin the kids outside to the park..doin some fishin..but i miss football season..and most of all ...you guys with your ability to get me fired up..........BTW...the match up..."IN TUSCALOOSA" surprise surprise

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BTW...the match up..."IN TUSCALOOSA" surprise surprise
Oh, settle down. They'll be in Happy Valley in 2011. However, I have a feeling that after the Tide wins that one, you'll be complaining that they played in September instead of November.:lol:

Btw... Utah > Iowa

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Obama clowns on the Irish!

"After giving the commencement speech at Notre Dame, Obama spoke at an Indianapolis fundraiser Sunday night for the Democratic National Committee. He began his remarks by joking that he told The Rev. John Jenkins, the university president, that the controversy surrounding his campus appearance “paled in comparison to what to do about the football team.”

The Fighting Irish had records of 3-9 and 7-6 the past two seasons—the most losses at the school in a two-year period—and haven’t won a national championship since 1988.

“That’s an issue we may not resolve within my four years,” Obama said."

:lol::lol::lol:

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Ok, Ok, thats enuff. Yeah its gonna take more than we've seen in a while for my boys to rise again, but I have to say; At least we finished last year on some wins and a bowl win. That is something that we needed dearly. At least to get that 1 monkey off our back. Not sure about the other monkeys, though. We'll see this year.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, Ok, thats enuff. Yeah its gonna take more than we've seen in a while for my boys to rise again, but I have to say; At least we finished last year on some wins and a bowl win. That is something that we needed dearly. At least to get that 1 monkey off our back. Not sure about the other monkeys, though. We'll see this year.
I'm not even kidding when I say this... but you should hope for another dismal season under Weis. If there's even a chance for the Irish to lure Urban Meyer away from The Swamp, the sooner the better for your guys.

Besides that, even Jon Gruden would be an upgrade in the 'sheer guts' department at this point.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I agree. But we can't worry about Meyer right now, just gotta work with who we currently have. And there is no question of if we can lure Meyer, he is sold. Just not right now. Maybe never. But he does want to coach under the Golden Dome if he leaves the swamp. I also think with Tenuta calling the defensive plays was a smart move. Weis needs to learn to be a college coach. Not an NFL offensive coordinator. 2 different beasts. Just ask Petey Poo @ USC.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I agree. But we can't worry about Meyer right now, just gotta work with who we currently have. And there is no question of if we can lure Meyer, he is sold. Just not right now. Maybe never. But he does want to coach under the Golden Dome if he leaves the swamp. I also think with Tenuta calling the defensive plays was a smart move. Weis needs to learn to be a college coach. Not an NFL offensive coordinator. 2 different beasts. Just ask Petey Poo @ USC.
c'mon man..stand up for your team..you guys won a bowl game ALABAMA did not. notre dame is an icon in college football with a winning tradition...nuff said..also they are independent..they play tough games...like usc...i sometimes wish penn state would've stayed independent...maybe that will then allieviate the "weak big 10" logic i so often here....but..i respect the big10 and its competive ideologies...even though the whole world likes to see speedy wide outs and over inflated qb's that almost never pan out in the nfl (sec..big 12 and the pac-1..) i believe notre dame will be a team in the next 5 yrs...like they have been in the 80's-90's...is coaching the problem..yyyyes!!..recruitment...not sure!! there is/was talent the last few years..just piss poor execuion......bottom line..throw some stats out for us..they might shut a few of us up....btw..look for brady quinn to make an impact in cleveland..while matt linehart will be cleaning swimming pools...im not a ND fan by any stretch...but stick up for your tradition rich team..good luck.......plenny

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
c'mon man..stand up for your team..
:lame:

He did stand up for his team. The only difference is that BabyHulk doesn't appear to be wearing blinders, and he used some logic... something most of your posts lack. A good fan will constructively criticize his team. That way, when they lose to say, Syracuse, or Utah, or Iowa, it won't come as such a shock. Also, I'd be willing to bet he'd rather see his team lose the Sugar Bowl this year than win the Hawaii Bowl. You're always swimming in that river in Egypt.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
im not saying he bashed his team. what im getting at is that he's laying down and letting the SEC gurus tell him his coach sucks and ND needs a coach from the "mighty" SEC to get ND out of the mud. Also, i totally agree that a true fan will "critique" their team..YES!!!! i do criticize Penn state, but i will never do it on here. i save the criticism for my fellow penn state fans who often concur. OK..I'll give you a "free bee"..i criticize ps last season for not going spread offence against iowa when it worked every game prior to that. Even games that penn state won..i criticized( namely coaching..and dropped balls and foolish penalties)..Furthermore, i will never swim in the NILE or the MISSISSIPPI(unless its north of missouri)

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I hope your posts are entertainment and not a serious reflection of real opinions.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
:lame:

He did stand up for his team. The only difference is that BabyHulk doesn't appear to be wearing blinders, and he used some logic... something most of your posts lack. A good fan will constructively criticize his team. That way, when they lose to say, Syracuse, or Utah, or Iowa, it won't come as such a shock. Also, I'd be willing to bet he'd rather see his team lose the Sugar Bowl this year than win the Hawaii Bowl. You're always swimming in that river in Egypt.
I hope your posts are entertainment and not a serious reflection of real opinions.
great!! a texas troll...another big 12/sec..."mouth of the south"...stick to track and field because all that speed doesnt cut it in the "big games"..I'll take my 5 yards and a cloud of dust over a 6 foot 150 wr that burns a 6'2 170 linebacker and a 5'10 145 cb in your pathetic overhyped conference anyday..how's that for entertainment???

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
the sec and big 10 debate can go on and on forever...obviously, im outnumbered here, but c'mon guys...tell me whats michigan's record vs. the sec?? what's penn state's record vs the sec??? im not "hating" the sec...i firmly believe the big 10 is getting fu#$'d. I do respect the "speed" of the SEC, but put "speed" in rainy...windy..conditions and see what happens. What baffles me about the sec is one team will have 2-3 down years and "boom"!!!! there's a new coach...I'll admit that penn st sucked from 2000-2004 and JOPA still stayed...LLoyd carr from mich was there through thick and thin as well..and Jim Tressel(OSU) despite losing 2 nat'l championships. I know its off topic, but take the Pittsburgh Steelers for instance..How many head coaches have they had over the past 30 yrs??? And the boast the most super bowl wins. IMO..the SEC is greedy and does not care about the individual athelete and their academic achievements..The Big 10 has a waaaaaaaaaay more balanced athletic/academic program. Half of those states in the SEC have the lowest per capita income in the U.S.(whats in Miss?? alabama??) OK..florida and louisiana are bustling and thats about it. Thats all they have is college football. If it wasnt for Florida and LSU and Georgia the SEC would be broke...Also, the States mentioned are the ones with the top SEC schools( im not surprised)...If you put those schools in the big 10..they MAY come out on top MOST of the time...but as a whole any big 10 team can easily dismantle an "ol'e MISS..a Tennessee..ect..Historically, the big ten is better with more Heisman trophy winners and even currently there are more active NFL players from the big 10 than the SEC. Although the Big 10 has a 6 wk "layover" from reg. season to a bowl game they still manage to come out on top in bowl games most of the time..2006..penn st over Tenn..2005..wisc over Auburn.....2003..Iowa over Florida..(I know OSU lost 2)..Michigan over Florida.."oh yeah" LLoyd carr getting carried off the field by his team brought a tear to my eye. Final thought..SEC is good..but waaaay overhyped. the same 2 or 3 teams make that conference. I keep hearing crap about the midwest/Northeast losing population due to closing of various industries..hence the southern population increase..NOT true..like i said..what's in Mississippi?? Also i hear about "desegration" blacks that left the south to go north are going back south....Not buying that crap either. It boils down to discipline..When a Penn Stater gets in trouble off field or in the class room..JOPA wont play them..FACT!! and that builds character..something the SEC needs to focus on......until next time.....plenny

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in⋅co⋅her⋅ent [in-koh-heer-uhnt] -adj- : Expressed in an incomprehensible or confusing way; without logical or meaningful connection; unclear. Example: the sec and big 10 debate can go on and on forever...obviously, im outnumbered here, but c'mon guys...tell me whats michigan's record vs. the sec?? what's penn state's record vs the sec??? im not "hating" the sec...i firmly believe the big 10 is getting fu#$'d. I do respect the "speed" of the SEC, but put "speed" in rainy...windy..conditions and see what happens. What baffles me about the sec is one team will have 2-3 down years and "boom"!!!! there's a new coach...I'll admit that penn st sucked from 2000-2004 and JOPA still stayed...LLoyd carr from mich was there through thick and thin as well..and Jim Tressel(OSU) despite losing 2 nat'l championships. I know its off topic, but take the Pittsburgh Steelers for instance..How many head coaches have they had over the past 30 yrs??? And the boast the most super bowl wins. IMO..the SEC is greedy and does not care about the individual athelete and their academic achievements..The Big 10 has a waaaaaaaaaay more balanced athletic/academic program. Half of those states in the SEC have the lowest per capita income in the U.S.(whats in Miss?? alabama??) OK..florida and louisiana are bustling and thats about it. Thats all they have is college football. If it wasnt for Florida and LSU and Georgia the SEC would be broke...Also, the States mentioned are the ones with the top SEC schools( im not surprised)...If you put those schools in the big 10..they MAY come out on top MOST of the time...but as a whole any big 10 team can easily dismantle an "ol'e MISS..a Tennessee..ect..Historically, the big ten is better with more Heisman trophy winners and even currently there are more active NFL players from the big 10 than the SEC. Although the Big 10 has a 6 wk "layover" from reg. season to a bowl game they still manage to come out on top in bowl games most of the time..2006..penn st over Tenn..2005..wisc over Auburn.....2003..Iowa over Florida..(I know OSU lost 2)..Michigan over Florida.."oh yeah" LLoyd carr getting carried off the field by his team brought a tear to my eye. Final thought..SEC is good..but waaaay overhyped. the same 2 or 3 teams make that conference. I keep hearing crap about the midwest/Northeast losing population due to closing of various industries..hence the southern population increase..NOT true..like i said..what's in Mississippi?? Also i hear about "desegration" blacks that left the south to go north are going back south....Not buying that crap either. It boils down to discipline..When a Penn Stater gets in trouble off field or in the class room..JOPA wont play them..FACT!! and that builds character..something the SEC needs to focus on......until next time.....plenny

Is it last call in Pennsylvania yet?:trink26:

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Comon children get along... come check out my log!

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
in⋅co⋅her⋅ent [in-koh-heer-uhnt] -adj- : Expressed in an incomprehensible or confusing way; without logical or meaningful connection; unclear. Example: the sec and big 10 debate can go on and on forever...obviously, im outnumbered here, but c'mon guys...tell me whats michigan's record vs. the sec?? what's penn state's record vs the sec??? im not "hating" the sec...i firmly believe the big 10 is getting fu#$'d. I do respect the "speed" of the SEC, but put "speed" in rainy...windy..conditions and see what happens. What baffles me about the sec is one team will have 2-3 down years and "boom"!!!! there's a new coach...I'll admit that penn st sucked from 2000-2004 and JOPA still stayed...LLoyd carr from mich was there through thick and thin as well..and Jim Tressel(OSU) despite losing 2 nat'l championships. I know its off topic, but take the Pittsburgh Steelers for instance..How many head coaches have they had over the past 30 yrs??? And the boast the most super bowl wins. IMO..the SEC is greedy and does not care about the individual athelete and their academic achievements..The Big 10 has a waaaaaaaaaay more balanced athletic/academic program. Half of those states in the SEC have the lowest per capita income in the U.S.(whats in Miss?? alabama??) OK..florida and louisiana are bustling and thats about it. Thats all they have is college football. If it wasnt for Florida and LSU and Georgia the SEC would be broke...Also, the States mentioned are the ones with the top SEC schools( im not surprised)...If you put those schools in the big 10..they MAY come out on top MOST of the time...but as a whole any big 10 team can easily dismantle an "ol'e MISS..a Tennessee..ect..Historically, the big ten is better with more Heisman trophy winners and even currently there are more active NFL players from the big 10 than the SEC. Although the Big 10 has a 6 wk "layover" from reg. season to a bowl game they still manage to come out on top in bowl games most of the time..2006..penn st over Tenn..2005..wisc over Auburn.....2003..Iowa over Florida..(I know OSU lost 2)..Michigan over Florida.."oh yeah" LLoyd carr getting carried off the field by his team brought a tear to my eye. Final thought..SEC is good..but waaaay overhyped. the same 2 or 3 teams make that conference. I keep hearing crap about the midwest/Northeast losing population due to closing of various industries..hence the southern population increase..NOT true..like i said..what's in Mississippi?? Also i hear about "desegration" blacks that left the south to go north are going back south....Not buying that crap either. It boils down to discipline..When a Penn Stater gets in trouble off field or in the class room..JOPA wont play them..FACT!! and that builds character..something the SEC needs to focus on......until next time.....plenny

Is it last call in Pennsylvania yet?:trink26:
lol!!! man u kill me...if its last call for protein shakes..then yes..INCOHERENT..thanks for the pronunciation and definition..professor rubbering. IS that derived from latin or greek?? i seriously think you are spending too much time in the "bay area" if u know what i mean..lol! i used mostly facts in my statement. Now my turn....BRAINWASHED..adj...when someone is forced to believe something even if it isnt true...example..Fans of the SEC conf.:sleeping:

now....im going to bed to dream about the demise of a souped-up conf......see ya tonite good buddy:wave2:

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Plenny. I am 100% behind Weis, he's our coach. I may not agree with everything he does, but I think we will pull out with at least 8 wins this year. I could go as far as 10.

I have always thought we should remain independent. And we are the most tradition rich Div 1 football team/school. I am not arrogant as some ND fans, but I cannot stand the SEC either. Only because they have the biggest mouths ever. I have to live with these people here in LA. I can't stand it. Every team/conference has an argument of why they are the greatest. It's just worse here IMO.

What I do have also, is a respect for Joe Pa and the lions. Always have. I believe them to be a respectable team over and over again.

Rubbering, brother, I gotta say I have respect for Saban as well. He is one helluva coach. Good luck this year.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
the sec and big 10 debate can go on and on forever...obviously, im outnumbered here, but c'mon guys...tell me whats michigan's record vs. the sec?? what's penn state's record vs the sec??? im not "hating" the sec...i firmly believe the big 10 is getting fu#$'d. I do respect the "speed" of the SEC, but put "speed" in rainy...windy..conditions and see what happens. What baffles me about the sec is one team will have 2-3 down years and "boom"!!!! there's a new coach...I'll admit that penn st sucked from 2000-2004 and JOPA still stayed...LLoyd carr from mich was there through thick and thin as well..and Jim Tressel(OSU) despite losing 2 nat'l championships. I know its off topic, but take the Pittsburgh Steelers for instance..How many head coaches have they had over the past 30 yrs??? And the boast the most super bowl wins. IMO..the SEC is greedy and does not care about the individual athelete and their academic achievements..The Big 10 has a waaaaaaaaaay more balanced athletic/academic program. Half of those states in the SEC have the lowest per capita income in the U.S.(whats in Miss?? alabama??) OK..florida and louisiana are bustling and thats about it. Thats all they have is college football. If it wasnt for Florida and LSU and Georgia the SEC would be broke...Also, the States mentioned are the ones with the top SEC schools( im not surprised)...If you put those schools in the big 10..they MAY come out on top MOST of the time...but as a whole any big 10 team can easily dismantle an "ol'e MISS..a Tennessee..ect..Historically, the big ten is better with more Heisman trophy winners and even currently there are more active NFL players from the big 10 than the SEC. Although the Big 10 has a 6 wk "layover" from reg. season to a bowl game they still manage to come out on top in bowl games most of the time..2006..penn st over Tenn..2005..wisc over Auburn.....2003..Iowa over Florida..(I know OSU lost 2)..Michigan over Florida.."oh yeah" LLoyd carr getting carried off the field by his team brought a tear to my eye. Final thought..SEC is good..but waaaay overhyped. the same 2 or 3 teams make that conference. I keep hearing crap about the midwest/Northeast losing population due to closing of various industries..hence the southern population increase..NOT true..like i said..what's in Mississippi?? Also i hear about "desegration" blacks that left the south to go north are going back south....Not buying that crap either. It boils down to discipline..When a Penn Stater gets in trouble off field or in the class room..JOPA wont play them..FACT!! and that builds character..something the SEC needs to focus on......until next time.....plenny
So I check back a month or whatever after I head out of this thread and see this post.

Looks like it's still not time to come discuss CFB.

Words - blah.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
"...Also, the States mentioned are the ones with the top SEC schools( im not surprised)...If you put those schools in the big 10..they MAY come out on top MOST of the time...but as a whole any big 10 team can easily dismantle an "ol'e MISS."

"2005..wisc over Auburn....."

No big 10 team this year would be able to come within 10 points of "ol'e MISS". Ole Miss might be the best team in the SEC this year.

What happened in 06 vs Auburn? L.. A squirel finds a nut every once in a while.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
great!! a texas troll...another big 12/sec..."mouth of the south"...stick to track and field because all that speed doesnt cut it in the "big games"..I'll take my 5 yards and a cloud of dust over a 6 foot 150 wr that burns a 6'2 170 linebacker and a 5'10 145 cb in your pathetic overhyped conference anyday..how's that for entertainment???
That speed doesnt cut it in big games? Tell me, did Ohio State win or lose the last how-many-now BCS games?

Ill tell you whats entertainment. Your posts. Because despite what youre saying, none of it lines to to real life. Its awesome.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Plenny. I am 100% behind Weis, he's our coach. I may not agree with everything he does, but I think we will pull out with at least 8 wins this year. I could go as far as 10.

I have always thought we should remain independent. And we are the most tradition rich Div 1 football team/school. I am not arrogant as some ND fans, but I cannot stand the SEC either. Only because they have the biggest mouths ever. I have to live with these people here in LA. I can't stand it. Every team/conference has an argument of why they are the greatest. It's just worse here IMO.

What I do have also, is a respect for Joe Pa and the lions. Always have. I believe them to be a respectable team over and over again.

Rubbering, brother, I gotta say I have respect for Saban as well. He is one helluva coach. Good luck this year.
finally, someone with a scense of reality. honestly, i believe the SEC is a powerhouse....i dont "hate" the conference, in fact i respect it. It's the fans and the media that makes me "dislike" the SEC more each season. Weis is a good coach, despite the lack of success at ND. Down years happen unfortunately. Once the SEC has 2 bad seasons, they bring in ex NFL coaches. Sorry Tenessee!!

Nothing wrong about being independent..at times i wish PSU would have stayed independent for the sake of them being accused of playing in a washed up Big 10...big 10 is still a powerhouse..i would like to see ND join the big 10 (it'll be big 12 then) ND has that "old school" edge like others in the big10...also, i think WVA would fit well in that conf as well(be big 13 then)

We have our share of ND fans here as well, due to a high irish catholic population. YEAH, they can be arrogant. They like to say their schedule is alot harder than PSU...but they never bash the big 10 either..well dude good luck with ND in 2009...i havent seen their sch. yet but they are more seasoned and should have 8 plus wins this season:wave2:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
That speed doesnt cut it in big games? Tell me, did Ohio State win or lose the last how-many-now BCS games?

Ill tell you whats entertainment. Your posts. Because despite what youre saying, none of it lines to to real life. Its awesome.
did slow michigan beat fast florida not too long ago?? YES!!!!

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
did slow michigan beat fast florida not too long ago?? YES!!!!
In 2003? But see, thats one example. 5 years ago. I dont think I have the time to cite all the examples of Big 10 teams getting their **** pushed in by southern teams.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
In 2003? But see, thats one example. 5 years ago. I dont think I have the time to cite all the examples of Big 10 teams getting their **** pushed in by southern teams.

uhhh!!! like 2007..capital one bowl...michigan turns the ball over 4 times and still beats florida..meanwhile michigan amassed 500 plus yds offense as well:sleeping:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
uhhh!!! like 2007..capital one bowl...michigan turns the ball over 4 times and still beats florida..meanwhile michigan amassed 500 plus yds offense as well:sleeping:
Hmmm... let's take a closer look at how the Big Ten has performed recently in bowl games. Let's see, they went 3-5 in 2003, broke even at 3-3 in 2004, then 3-4 in 2005, 2-5 in 2006, 3-5 in 2007 and 1-6 this past season. That gives Big Ten teams an overall record of 15-28 in bowl games since 2003.

Man, I just love stats. They're so full of... reality.

You just have a bad case of The Emperor's New Clothes. It's pathological with you.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm... let's take a closer look at how the Big Ten has performed recently in bowl games. Let's see, they went 3-5 in 2003, broke even at 3-3 in 2004, then 3-4 in 2005, 2-5 in 2006, 3-5 in 2007 and 1-6 this past season. That gives Big Ten teams an overall record of 15-28 in bowl games since 2003.

Man, I just love stats. They're so full of... reality.

You just have a bad case of The Emperor's New Clothes. It's pathological with you.
:lol:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Big Ten bowl record a losing one since 2002 | GazetteOnline.com - Cedar Rapids, Iowa City

"What, exactly, is the problem? From watching most of the Big Ten bowl games this year, one thing seemed fairly obvious: The opponents appeared to have more playmakers on the field, on both offense and defense, than the Big Ten teams.

It's probably as simple as that. The opponents had better players, and more of them. Talent prevailed. Again.

There's another possibility, of course: It's the weather...

When in doubt, blame the weather."

plenny, does this journalist know you???:lol:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Big Ten bowl record a losing one since 2002 | GazetteOnline.com - Cedar Rapids, Iowa City

"What, exactly, is the problem? From watching most of the Big Ten bowl games this year, one thing seemed fairly obvious: The opponents appeared to have more playmakers on the field, on both offense and defense, than the Big Ten teams.

It's probably as simple as that. The opponents had better players, and more of them. Talent prevailed. Again.

There's another possibility, of course: It's the weather...

When in doubt, blame the weather."

plenny, does this journalist know you???:lol:
that journalist is (probably just out of college) but i wont disagree with stats. rubbering, remember big 10 is off 6 weeks prior to bowl games and lose swagger and practicing outdoors in "wintery" conditions isnt pretty either..while a florida or georgia practices and plays the game in their element....just like your stats...weather is REALITY.....happy memorial day buddy

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
that journalist is (probably just out of college) but i wont disagree with stats. rubbering, remember big 10 is off 6 weeks prior to bowl games and lose swagger and practicing outdoors in "wintery" conditions isnt pretty either..while a florida or georgia practices and plays the game in their element....just like your stats...weather is REALITY.....happy memorial day buddy
Yeah, thats why youre a pathetic conference. Ive had the change to see Big 10 football personally when I lived in Indiana. Its no wonder to me why these teams suck.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, thats why youre a pathetic conference. Ive had the change to see Big 10 football personally when I lived in Indiana. Its no wonder to me why these teams suck.
indiana??? you picked the weakest of the big10. i love how bowl games are played in most of the states where big10 oppenents are from...USC..pasedena....wisconsin played florida st in florida. how about there be a bowl game in pittsburgh and florida plays penn st there. Not a day at the beach in early january. those psu linebackers would shove a stick up tebow's A$$ and make him a popsicle. also how well would southern speed do on frozen turf?? let's get those boys from the sec NFL ready..maybe they wont falter in the big leagues:raincloud::raincloud::raincloud:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
indiana??? you picked the weakest of the big10. i love how bowl games are played in most of the states where big10 oppenents are from...USC..pasedena....wisconsin played florida st in florida. how about there be a bowl game in pittsburgh and florida plays penn st there. Not a day at the beach in early january. those psu linebackers would shove a stick up tebow's A$$ and make him a popsicle. also how well would southern speed do on frozen turf?? let's get those boys from the sec NFL ready..maybe they wont falter in the big leagues:raincloud::raincloud::raincloud:
Plenny, you're delusional my friend...

Tebow sends his love to the big 10 from the sunshine state: :wave2:

Seriously, the weather conspiracy is getting pretty old. In reality, it's nothing but a bonafide excuse.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You know how pathetic this is? This is like blaming your ED on a woman not being attractive enough for you.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Who cares. It was actually Florida's Spring Orange/Blue game 3 months early.

The whole 2007 Gator season was a tune up year sandwiched between 2 National Championships.

PSU's last 15 seasons have all been tune-ups. Sandwiched between tune-ups.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who cares. It was actually Florida's Spring Orange/Blue game 3 months early.

The whole 2007 Gator season was a tune up year sandwiched between 2 National Championships.

PSU's last 15 seasons have all been tune-ups. Sandwiched between tune-ups.
Lol - Agreed! :D

I have fond memories of Big 10 vs. SEC bowl games that actually meant something: :lol:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Lol - Agreed! :D

I have fond memories of Big 10 vs. SEC bowl games that actually meant something: :lol:

its amazing how OHIO STATE always jumps out at the sec fans. again, whats michigan's record vs SEC ? look it up my friend and tell me the answer