20 years 6'4 260 pounds need to lose 10 pounds by july

sdjohnson

Awards
Hi I work out about 5-6 times a week not alot of cardio Ive been weight lifting for bout a consistent 16 months went from 32% bf to 17% with barely any cardio...but I want to eat better but don't know how, need some help. What type of diet (like diet plan) to use not familiar I've done research but it only does so much. Alot of protein take in? Not in bad shape but can really look good with a loss of 10 pounds

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Protein:
Tuna or most any fish.
Cottage cheese.
Eggs (especially the whites).
Chicken breast (boneless skinless).
Turkey breast (boneless skinless).
Lean beef.
Low fat or no fat cheese.
Low fat pork.
Milk protein isolate.
Whey protein.
Soy protein.
Essentially most any other source of protein so long as it is low in saturated fat and carbohydrates.
Carbohydrates:
Sweet potatoes.
Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
Bran cereal.
Brown rice.
Wheat bread (try to limit to 2 slices per day).
Beans.
Low fat popcorn (low fat butter spray makes this a delicacy).
Fruits (limit to 2-3 servings per day).
Malto dextrin (during workout).
Dextrose (during workout)
Vegetables.
Stay away from refined grains and anything that says “enriched” or “high fructose corn syrup” on the label!
Fat:
Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
Flax seed oil.
Primrose oil.
Borage oil.
Olive oil.
Nuts (limit to 1 serving per day), peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
Egg yolks.
Fish (salmon especially).
All other fat should come as a by-product of your carbohydrate and protein intake.

These are the things you should be eating daily. Stay in a caloric deficit, and the fat will fall off.. It's not hard to lose weight, just have to have the will power.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Hi I work out about 5-6 times a week not alot of cardio Ive been weight lifting for bout a consistent 16 months went from 32% bf to 17% with barely any cardio...but I want to eat better but don't know how, need some help. What type of diet (like diet plan) to use not familiar I've done research but it only does so much. Alot of protein take in? Not in bad shape but can really look good with a loss of 10 pounds
Cardio isn't required to lose fat. As far as which foods, I'd focus on how much your consuming and then look at your macro ratios. The list above is a good general list of the types of foods to eat.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Protein:
Tuna or most any fish.
Cottage cheese.
Eggs (especially the whites).
Chicken breast (boneless skinless).
Turkey breast (boneless skinless).
Lean beef.
Low fat or no fat cheese.
Low fat pork.
Milk protein isolate.
Whey protein.
Soy protein.
Essentially most any other source of protein so long as it is low in saturated fat and carbohydrates.
Carbohydrates:
Sweet potatoes.
Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
Bran cereal.
Brown rice.
Wheat bread (try to limit to 2 slices per day).
Beans.
Low fat popcorn (low fat butter spray makes this a delicacy).
Fruits (limit to 2-3 servings per day).
Malto dextrin (during workout).
Dextrose (during workout)
Vegetables.
Stay away from refined grains and anything that says “enriched” or “high fructose corn syrup” on the label!
Fat:
Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
Flax seed oil.
Primrose oil.
Borage oil.
Olive oil.
Nuts (limit to 1 serving per day), peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
Egg yolks.
Fish (salmon especially).
All other fat should come as a by-product of your carbohydrate and protein intake.

These are the things you should be eating daily. Stay in a caloric deficit, and the fat will fall off.. It's not hard to lose weight, just have to have the will power.
This is a good start, but there are many things stated on this that I do not agree with.

1. Why do you have to limit your servings of nuts to 1 serving per day?? Literally have no idea why you'd say that. I agree with the hydrogenated oil nut butters though.

2. Saturated fats aren't bad for you. Eat bacon with your eggs, eat butter from grass fed cows, eat coconut oil.

3. Egg yolks are more beneficial to eat than the whites

4. You don't have to just eat brown rice. If you prefer white rice or jasmine rice (my personal favorite), eat that instead. Most of the time your going to be eating rice with a combination of protein/fat which is going to lower the GI so I don't want to hear the high GI argument. Brown rice contains anti nutrients that block absorption of important micronutrients.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Youch. I'm 6'4 20 years old and 245 at13%.

Sprints, and calorie counting for you! At this point if try and lose around 2lbs a week

I'd recommend (based on your similar stats and my experience, I workout 6 days a week too) start at 3300 calories with macros of 30/40/30.

If you not losing about half a pound every 2-3 days drop your intake by 100 out of carbs and see how that goes.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
This is a good start, but there are many things stated on this that I do not agree with.

1. Why do you have to limit your servings of nuts to 1 serving per day?? Literally have no idea why you'd say that. I agree with the hydrogenated oil nut butters though.

2. Saturated fats aren't bad for you. Eat bacon with your eggs, eat butter from grass fed cows, eat coconut oil.

3. Egg yolks are more beneficial to eat than the whites

4. You don't have to just eat brown rice. If you prefer white rice or jasmine rice (my personal favorite), eat that instead. Most of the time your going to be eating rice with a combination of protein/fat which is going to lower the GI so I don't want to hear the high GI argument. Brown rice contains anti nutrients that block absorption of important micronutrients.

I agree with you, this list was from an article Layne Norton wrote. I was just giving him some good general information to follow. I love eating egg yolks and different types of rice. You don't have to limit nuts to 1 serving per day but watch the calories in them because they are very high in fat and the calories add up quick.