1st Phorm brand

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Someone aware me about this brand called 1st Phorm. A bunch of trolls at my gym started making stupid videos with their products in it to post on social media to promote this brand. Is it legit? They are all over social media. Looks like a scam to me

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
This stuff? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&********web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQFjAAahUKEwj2jff768rHAhWIDZIKHcOnB9Y&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.1stphorm.com%2F&ei=jNbfVfaXEIibyATDz56wDQ&usg=AFQjCNFrk2mAyQrABYL-g-0FMZ_hb0HGOA&sig2=n0OnhyHE2kq1PXEPGShOkg

oooh fancy site

they carry an "anti-hangover product so you don't have to give up drinking and stay ultra shredded bro", that isn't the reason people don't drink....heavy methylation would be more of the culprit than the hangover riee??

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
I've seen pics of them with Dana Lynn and Rob Bailey. They must be half legit at least to have endorsement from DLB.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
I've seen pics of them with Dana Lynn and Rob Bailey. They must be half legit at least to have endorsement from DLB.
They definitely are trying with all of the hype they are generating all over the place. nfmejia0486 , anyone know who owns 1st phorm?

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
This is directly from the site
"110% Guarantee
At 1st Phorm our goal is to design, manufacture and bring to market the highest quality and most effective sports nutrition products in the world. I know what your thinking – “Lots of companies say that,” right? The difference is, we at 1st Phorm stand behind our mission. We want the best; these are the products we use everyday and we love them! We believe you will too. So much so, that we bet once you use 1st Phorm products you won’t use anything else ever again. We are so confident that 1st Phorm products will bring you tremendous results and be the best products you have ever used that we offer a 110% no hassle, no questions asked, iron clad, satisfaction guarantee. Our guarantee is simple, if you purchase our products and you aren’t convinced they are the highest quality, best nutritional products you have ever used just return the unused portion for a 110% refund of your purchase price. No other company stands behind their products like we do. How can we do this? Try the products and find out.

If for some reason you would ever be dissatisfied for any reason just return the unused portion of your product and you receipt from 1stphorm.com within 30 days of purchase and we will credit your credit card 100% of the purchase price plus 10%. The guarantee is applicable to purchases made from 1stphorm.com only and does not cover 1st Phorm retailers. Retail purchases will be handled by the particular store’s return policy."

That is a pretty insane policy to be able to do that, Dissatisfied as in you just don't like it???

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Apparently their phormula-1 protein is one of the best formulas/ protein products out there.
Never tried myself though due to $

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
They definitely are trying with all of the hype they are generating all over the place. nfmejia0486 , anyone know who owns 1st phorm?
Yeah his name is Andy frisella. He is a very wealthy dude. His concern is being rich-not formulating good products. http://instagram.com/andyfrisella

Their stuff is mainly in brick and mortar stores. I have had samples of their protein and it tasted good but that's about it. Not sure about quality but their products are poorly formulated for the most part. Much more reliable brands that are better formulated on all fronts.

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
Never tried a single item from them but I've seen them plastered all over Facebook and instagram alike.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Yeah his name is Andy frisella. He is a very wealthy dude. http://instagram.com/andyfrisella

Their stuff is mainly in brick and mortar stores. I have had samples of their protein and it tasted good but that's about it. Not sure about quality but their products are poorly formulated for the most part. Much more reliable brands that are better formulated on all fronts.

cool thanks for the info brother! It is exactly what I figured, takes money to explode on a lot of fronts without having some new formulas to bring to the masses.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
He does have good taste in lambo's though I'll tip my hat to that. Personally more into american muscle as a red-necked drag racing fan at heart. But no doubt a beautiful machine :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This is directly from the site

"110% Guarantee
Blah, blah....."

That is a pretty insane policy to be able to do that, Dissatisfied as in you just don't like it???
I've worked for companies that manufactured products with guarantees like that. These weren't junk products, but they damn well broke at a normal rate for what they were. The general public almost NEVER takes companies up on these guarantees if the product is under a certain dollar threshhold amount. The PR and Marketing values FAR outweigh the actual company out of pocket costs if a consumer actually does spend an hour of their time (and sometimes return shipping money) pursuing the guarantee.

Not saying that is the case here, don't know them, but like Tommy Boy said "I can take a crap in a box, slap a guarantee on it, and all you'll have a is a guaranteed piece of crap" :)

As far as the wealthy dude in the supp business - what else is new? Chris Bell had some damn good looking bottles of prop blended "Juice", that he hired two migrant workers to "R&D/Mfg" in 'Bigger, Stronger, Faster' - his cost: Under $2. Sale price: $59.99 :) $60,000,000,000.00 / Year - keep that in mind.

Protein? Do they own a dairy? If not, they get it from a 'protein house' just like everybody else in the industry (save a handful of companies that actually own/deal directly with a dairy). See Dante Trudell's "rant" about the protein industry from a few months ago.

Again, none of this is directed at the company in question, just some stuff you may want to keep in mind when swimming in the supplement waters.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I don't buy their products, and probably never will, but I do love one of their athletes - Derek Weida. Lost his leg in either Iraq or Afghanistan. He's still a beast, but his sense of humor and outlook on life is why so many people love him. He posts a lot of hilarious videos. Check out his recent one on crossfit (which he does, and so do I, but the stuff he makes fun of is so true). It's great

TannerJ

TannerJ

Awards
I've had their protein phormula-1 before, both cinnamon toast crunch and fruit loops flavors. Don't get me wrong, taste is great. But definitely wouldn't spend as much as they want for the protein. Got my two tubs free when I went to one of Dana Linn Bailey's camps.