1st cycle w/Test-e - will there always be pip? :-(

Rear Naked

Rear Naked

Awards
47 years old running my first cycle with 500mg of test e each week (250mg twice a week). I'm on week 4 and starting to feel good.

The problem is pip lasts for about 3-4 days at each injection site. I've been using delts, ventrogluteal and dorsogluteal sites. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst pip possible without infection, I'd say mine are probably a strong 5 for a few days.

I've been doing combat sports for 25+ years, and while I can lift with pip, full contact martial arts training is a different issue. Some days I just have to sit on the side and watch. :-(

If I'm still getting the same amount of pip on week 4 as I did in week 1, is there any hope it will eventually stop or does it just come with the territory?

So far, I can wear the cape with the S on it but I can't really use my superpowers on the mats.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Might be the carrier
Mine lasted a few weeks then it was never felt again. I just do delt injections now only

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Might be the carrier
Mine lasted a few weeks then it was never felt again. I just do delt injections now only
I've had problems with certain brands I'm assuming due to the carrier. If you haven't tried it, ibuprofen can make a huge difference with pip.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Could be the carrier or could be the ester. Cypionate should have less pip entirely though both should be relatively painless compared to some other esters.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Damn, that sucks. PIP so bad you can't even roll. Yeah I just do delts now and I don't even get pip anymore

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Its the carrier. Honestly the thicker oils seem give me less pip? Strange

Rear Naked

Rear Naked

Awards
Thanks a ton for the replies. When I started this cycle, I was excited to get on the mats with an edge. So far, it's almost not worth the energy to deal with pip almost every day.

What do you think of pinning a 1:1 ratio of straight GSO with the test; would that dilute it some? Or maybe it's the GSO causing me problems? The EO? The 2% BA? My delt hates me after a pin, even with .25ml of test

Tbl16

Awards
  • Established
Yea that's odd you're getting that kinda PIP from Test-E. I'm currently running 500 test c and 375 Deca. So I inject 2cc and 1.5cc and I'm only 3 injections in and have had almost no issues with PIP. I agree it could be the carrier. What gauge needle are you using? If it's too small for the volume you're injecting that could also cause some pain. Injecting too fast could do the same thing. Theoretically this happens due to the injection causing trauma to the tissue creating a knot and scar tissue. Or like has been said it's the carrier causing the issues bedside it doesn't react well with your body.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its the carrier. Honestly the thicker oils seem give me less pip? Strange
Hell yes. Ever try test suspension? It's like getting shot with a gun. Test E, had only pip a few times in 20 years. I've also been using the same lab for that entire time.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hell yes. Ever try test suspension? It's like getting shot with a gun. Test E, had only pip a few times in 20 years. I've also been using the same lab for that entire time.
I disagree, its more like injecting lava!

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good lava....

Rear Naked

Rear Naked

Awards
I'm using an 18 to draw and a 25x1" to pin. I try to go 30 seconds per ML.

I can't really decide which direction to go... dilute with 1:1 GSO, use a larger needle to pin and go even slower? I've heard some people don't respond well to the EO, too.

It certainly doesn't sound like I want to try test suspension! :ugh:

Rear Naked

Rear Naked

Awards
I thought about that, too. But the chef is legit and 3 other people I know are using the same stuff with zero pip. Granted, they are more experienced users than me, but there's gotta be something in it that my body doesn't like.

Does anyone here have experience diluting with more GSO?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Not to thread jack but has anyone ever aspirated during injection? I forgot to prior to pushing the oil in and did it about half way then aspirated.

I got a bubble so figured i was good to go but got some bad PIP last night which i usually dont get anymore.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not to thread jack but has anyone ever aspirated during injection? I forgot to prior to pushing the oil in and did it about half way then aspirated.

I got a bubble so figured i was good to go but got some bad PIP last night which i usually dont get anymore.
Aspirating is really old teaching, although it can't hurt. I only aspirate on glute and vg pokes. Quad and delt I use slin pins so no need. I read a science journal at one point that said in order to truly assess if your in a bad spot you would have to aspirate for minutes - not even taught in nursing schools anymore from my understanding. Some pokes are just a little more painful than others. Just have to learn the little tricks that work for ya via trial and error.

Alistair_

Awards
Could be the carrier or could be the ester. Cypionate should have less pip entirely though both should be relatively painless compared to some other esters.
^ this. Cyp is the best ester for no pip and it also help if you can warm the oil inside the vile before you inject. You can use a candle warmer or simply warm some water in a glass in the microwave and then set your vial in the hot water for a little while.

Also, glutes are the only place I’ll inject. Thighs always gave me pip from hell

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^ this. Cyp is the best ester for no pip and it also help if you can warm the oil inside the vile before you inject. You can use a candle warmer or simply warm some water in a glass in the microwave and then set your vial in the hot water for a little while.

Also, glutes are the only place I’ll inject. Thighs always gave me pip from hell
Exactly. The upper dorsal glute (upper outer quadrant of the glute) has very few nerve endings. Perfect spot to pin. It's almost numb to begin with, so it's really easy if you have the right spot there.

Rear Naked

Rear Naked

Awards
Update: I decided to dilute the test with a 1:1 ratio of straight GSO. 24 hours later, I have no PIP at all. I can't even feel where I pinned. Usually, I am semi-crippled by this time. I am stoked!

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear it!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: I decided to dilute the test with a 1:1 ratio of straight GSO. 24 hours later, I have no PIP at all. I can't even feel where I pinned. Usually, I am semi-crippled by this time. I am stoked!
Nice. Another thing you can do is warm the oil and massage the area post injection.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've got a couple vials of a certain brand (high quality) test. I struggled through 1 vial, but it is crazy painful. For example, I shoot my quad then for a week nearly my entire quad is red and swollen. It goes down after that but is hardly worth using. Does that sound a little like your situation? Is gso easy to get ahold of?

Rear Naked

Rear Naked

Awards
The only time my muscle got 'red and swollen' was with my very first shot into my delt. I put 1ml of test-e in it. It took a full week for the swelling and pain to go down. It was a little red and warm. I also had the test-flu for a couple/few days from it. I just think it was too strong for my body. All the other times, I put 0.5ml in each muscle. Still very sore, though (like I'd been hit with a bat by a 12 year old). It would usually last about 3-4 days.... until I diluted it - then, no pain/swelling at all. Not even a little.

Today is my second shot where I will dilute it with GSO 1:1. I'm praying it works just as well as it did the last time. (not sure why it wouldn't)

I'm not sure where my friend gets the GSO but a google search just listed a bunch of places to get it. Just make sure the place you're buying it from has plenty of good reviews and it's sterile.

Lionheart1776

Awards
  • Established
47 years old running my first cycle with 500mg of test e each week (250mg twice a week). I'm on week 4 and starting to feel good.

The problem is pip lasts for about 3-4 days at each injection site. I've been using delts, ventrogluteal and dorsogluteal sites. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst pip possible without infection, I'd say mine are probably a strong 5 for a few days.

I've been doing combat sports for 25+ years, and while I can lift with pip, full contact martial arts training is a different issue. Some days I just have to sit on the side and watch. :-(

If I'm still getting the same amount of pip on week 4 as I did in week 1, is there any hope it will eventually stop or does it just come with the territory?

So far, I can wear the cape with the S on it but I can't really use my superpowers on the mats.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
I don't know much about it, but when I first started my TRT I would be shaking a lot due to being nervous of the needle. (My damn doctor game me 22 gauge harpoons!) and the shaking would cause the needle to move around a bit and agitate the flesh around the injection site. I remember having pip and being afraid of the PIP for the first two months maybe, then as I got used injecting and better at doing it with a steady hand it seemed to never happen much but still would every few injections or so. I've switched to 27 gauge needles and since then I've haven't had in probably many months. And that is both with my TRT test cyp, and my "side test" cyp. Zero problems, could be the ester/carrier oil thou like everyone else is saying. I just thought I'd share in case you were like me and your using either bigger needles then you need to or your hands would shake well injecting yourself.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, your doc told you to inject with 22g?!?!? WTF?!?!? Glad you got smart to it. That seems crazy to me - I would absolutely assume you'd have pip with those.

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Lol, your doc told you to inject with 22g?!?!? WTF?!?!? Glad you got smart to it. That seems crazy to me - I would absolutely assume you'd have pip with those.
I’ve used a 21 Gauge, went in like butter and didn’t feel it but didn’t do it again because how much scar tissue would of developed

Lionheart1776

Awards
  • Established
An no extra drawing needles either, I had to use the same 22 gauge to both extract the oil from the vial and to inject with, so I'm sure it would have already been dulled a good bit before going into the muscle. I feel bad for the dudes who get on TRT but never stumbled on to forums like this one. Some doctors are really out of the loop on this stuff.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When I started trt (first time pinning) I had horrible pip for the first 5 weeks. Like the first 3-4 days I could barely walk litterally lol. Then it became less and less. After that I never had pip at all. Sometimes it’ll hurt a little during the injection if I **** it up but still no pip afterwards.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just hopped back on for the first time in 4 years and my first 3 pins were 21g 1.5 in because I somehow ordered those instead of my regular 25g 1in. Only hitting glutes with them and it goes in like butter. A little pip first 2 pins and zero on third pin. Might stick with them for a while cus it's not bothering me at all

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
An no extra drawing needles either, I had to use the same 22 gauge to both extract the oil from the vial and to inject with, so I'm sure it would have already been dulled a good bit before going into the muscle. I feel bad for the dudes who get on TRT but never stumbled on to forums like this one. Some doctors are really out of the loop on this stuff.
I've been using the same pin to draw and inject also, no problems