Unanswered 12weeks vs. 16week TestE.

Spookybro

Awards
New here, so hello! I'm spookybro.

I'm currently exactly 12 weeks deep into a Test E cycle 600mg/twice a week.

I'm aware that test e takes about 6ish weeks to kick in, and gains after 12 weeks usually decline etc. My question is:

Will doing a 16week cycle be THAT big of a difference in regards to fully recovering my natural T levels compared to a typical 12 week cycle?
[Proper pct will be used, so please just answer the question and not ask me questions] will 16 weeks destroy my chances of a full pct recovery? Is 16 weeks a a major risk compared to 12?

Because regardless I'm already shut down so is an extra 4 weeks THAT big of an issue? I didnt workout as hard as I should've due to an injury but now I'm good to go to smash these next month for a 16 week cycle

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Impossible to say with any certainty. Law of averages, all else being equal, youll ultimately be no worse off. But, in saying that, the longer you are suppressed then the riskier recovery could become.

I think youd have to be unlucky to see any difference. There are probably things you can do to increase the odds favourably though (hCG maybe?)

Spookybro

Awards
Impossible to say with any certainty. Law of averages, all else being equal, youll ultimately be no worse off. But, in saying that, the longer you are suppressed then the riskier recovery could become.

I think youd have to be unlucky to see any difference. There are probably things you can do to increase the odds favourably though (hCG maybe?)
I'm not a fan of Hcg. Tried it and just dont feel the need for it. My testicles never get atrophy (shrinkage) ever. Which is good, and I dont want kids so dont care about potent sperm. I like to do a 6 week PCT instead of a 4 week pct.
Clomid and nolva.
Also read that aromasin taken 25mg for 10 days during pct boosts test levels substantially, so may try that out (I have a ridiculous amount of serms and Ais). I always recover great with out hcg, I've just never went past 12 weeks so that's why I ask.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s hard to answer that since everyone is different. I rather someone do a 12 week and add something else for the last 4 weeks (like a oral) than run test for another month

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The problem here isn’t really recovering or not. Although it’ll obviously be harder to recover from a longer cycle vs a shorter one. Problem here is like many you show patterns of not wanting to come off cycle which will soon or later put you into low T and what comes with it. This comes from someone who’s on trt at 29 years old and who’s gonna need to pin for the rest of his life, don’t get greedy. 12 weeks cycles can easily become 16 weeks, then they can become 20 weeks, then why not just cruise on 250-300mg test to keep my gains? Because **** I love how I look on test. Then next thing you know your T levels are **** and you joined us in the soft noodle club.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll just say my piece here.
That’s 1/3 of a YEAR. 1/3 of a year your body will stop making a hormone. When someone gets on methadone and floods their opiate receptors for 1/3 of year, they produce little to no opiates for 6-8 weeks and then slowly somewhere in there start producing again. Hormones are similar only slower. A 4 week pct will NOT recover you from a 4 month cycle. And if you are 35+, just go on for good now and spare yourself the headache bc it ain’t happening recovering from this.
Me? I’d get some prop and run 8 weeks, throw in another inj OR an oral. Done, half the time suppressed, similar results, better recovery.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Me? I’d get some prop and run 8 weeks, throw in another inj OR an oral. Done, half the time suppressed, similar results, better recovery.
Ya of course that’s ideal. But just like you, me and a lot of people don’t you see that he obviously don’t wanna come off because he likes how it is to be ON. That’s so typical... people at the end of a cycle not wanting to come off and be like... ah maybe another few weeks. It’s just how it always starts. So typical

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya of course that’s ideal. But just like you, me and a lot of people don’t you see that he obviously don’t wanna come off because he likes how it is to be ON. That’s so typical... people at the end of a cycle not wanting to come off and be like... ah maybe another few weeks. It’s just how it always starts. So typical
And I can’t say anything. Because that’s how I did it. HOWEVER, I pushed the envelope knowing I was 35 and was perfectly fine going on TRT. I invited it. My job here is to give the real on what they’re looking at, especially if they are in their 20s with no kids. Better to wait if possible. I don’t want to glamorize hormone replacement but ya, it’s awesome. Just at least want guys that are asking (OP) to know they are inviting if going this route. 16 weeks is too long - bottom line - if you aren’t ready for TRT. Most forums wouldn’t even flinch at that cycle, I would say you’ll be on HRT in the next 3 years doing those cycles.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
TRT 4 ever.

Attention, testosterone is highly addictive.

The chance of you give up PCTing is huge. I am on for 4 years already. Some times i give 2 months break on clomid \ anastrozol, and after i go straight back to trt,

Spookybro

Awards
I'm only 29 yrs of age if that helps anything also I plan on not doing another cycle for a year after this 16 week cycle. And after this cycle I'll keep it to 8-12 max and only once a year like I have been doing for 4 years now.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And...4 months quickly turns into 6...especially if you experience a failed pct...khm khm😀
Running hcg alongside test is the wisest thing to do imho in that situation. You are still shutdown, but at least your natty production is fully functioning.

it is what i am doing right now. After that much time, i am sure it will take my testicles more than few weeks on hcg to reach full production capacity. I mean, it cannot happen in 2-3 weeks, right? Therefore, even though it is not an easy decision to me, i am forced to stay on for some more hahahahha.

You see where i am going with this? 😆
Gives me few more weeks to enjoy, alongside hcg, a trt dose of test, gains in the gym and libido of a teenager 😆

Last edited:

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also this
I plan on not doing another cycle for a year after this 16 week cycle. And after this cycle I'll keep it to 8-12 max and only once a year like I have been doing for 4 years now.
...and this
Made me lol hard hahaha

Because it is exactly what i am telling myself.

"Ok man, after you come off, no more crazy cycles, no more than 10 weeks, and no more than 500mg per week combined..."

The problem is that i have been coming off for over a month now hahahahahha it just aint happening

But i am proud of myself. At least i am running a hefty dose of hcg. And 125mg of test e split into 2 injections.
And aromasin 12.5mg on days of injection.

But i am nearly off cycle...i am so close to being off... 😂

edit: spammed yet another thread, but i will finish with something topic related and useful.
If you are not, start running hcg asap. Even though you might not see visual changes, testicle size is not an accurate way to asses the shut down. Believe me, been there done it.

Oh and btw, i believe i once mentioned it, but pct is frowned upon where i live. Nolva is considered a posion, so is clomid. Lots of kids, teenagers running gear for a long time over here. Most seem fine recovering without any pct.

But that was certainly not the case with me.

Last edited:
bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Oh and btw, i believe i once mentioned it, but pct is frowned upon where i live. Nolva is considered a posion, so is clomid. Lots of kids, teenagers running gear for a long time over here. Most seem fine recovering without any pct.

But that was certainly not the case with me.
Kids and Teenagers recovers, the problem is after 30's.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Why do you come here and ask for opinions if your mind is already made? You’re under 30 so by logic you’re safe.
I am not the OP, im not looking for opinions, just throwing broscience based on my younger brother and cousin, i am 35

Heybros1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
No one here knows because it's all based on your genetics. It's rolling the the dice, in my opinion if you are gonna roll the dice you might as well make that roll worth it. When I cycled I did no less than 20 weeks and always bounced back within 2 months

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How rude Math haha I'm not that dumb
Btw idc how old you are, a pct is always necessary IMHO
Math said exactly what I was thinking.
Here’s how it looks to us.
Op: should I do this or that?
Forum: THAT, definitely that. 100% no doubt, THAT.
Op: Alrighty I’m going to go ahead and do THIS. Thanks for the advice guys.

And of course me and Math are both saying not to do it, because it’s exactly what we did. Not gonna get mad about it, because it’s not the end of the world, but we do know most of us that went too hard, wish we hadn’t and gave ourselves more time without TRT.

Spookybro

Awards
Math said exactly what I was thinking.
Here’s how it looks to us.
Op: should I do this or that?
Forum: THAT, definitely that. 100% no doubt, THAT.
Op: Alrighty I’m going to go ahead and do THIS. Thanks for the advice guys.

And of course me and Math are both saying not to do it, because it’s exactly what we did. Not gonna get mad about it, because it’s not the end of the world, but we do know most of us that went too hard, wish we hadn’t and gave ourselves more time without TRT.
This is my 4th cycle and I only cycle once per year. I'm not going to get shut down, right now anyways. I'm 29. Always bounce back fine. Now if I did 16 week cycles often thatd be a huge problem. This will be my first and last 16 week cycle and wont do a smaller cycle for another year. I'll hit trt when I'm like 40 or my levels drop. I get tested every 4 months and always have above average test levels. (Had high test before I ever dabbled in anabolics).
I appreciate the opinions, but I'm good mate this ONE 16 week cycle isnt going to put me on trt lol

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its obvious where the other dudes are coming from.

If we just look at your question solely as is, no, adding another 4wks to your 12wk cycle will probably, hopefully, not prove to be the straw that breaks your hPTAs back. But no one can say definitively either way. Your risk, your call.

Last edited:

Spookybro

Awards
Its obvious where the other dudes are coming from.

If we just look at your question solely as is, no, adding another 4wks to your 12wk cycle will probably, hopefully, not prove to be the straw that breaks your hPTAs back. But no one can say definitively either way. Your risk, your call.
Yeah, I see what they're saying too. I mean pre anabolics I had high end of the scale natural test levels, and after every cycle i go back to and stay around the exact same high levels. I've literally never had low test (Good genes). I do blood work every 4 weeks year around, it's cheap. Im smart and cycle once a year and never go overboard with cycles. Self control. Full head of hair, with no shedding ever. Also my testes never shrink on cycles of Test and never had gyno symptoms. Just water retention and bad back acne which I combat well. I'm blessed :) I'll have haters though but oh well. Haters are gonna be from dudes who abused anabolics and lost their hair, killed their hpta etc. I researched for literally 3 years before I did my first cycle 4 years ago. No room for error here. As the OP, I just wanted opinions but I shoulda realised some dudes already screwed up their hpta so will think I'm gonna do the same. Nope. :) and if I ever do, which is highly unlikely I'll happily get on TRT. A clinc is up the street haha.

Last edited:
Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I see what they're saying too. I mean pre anabolics I had high end of the scale natural test levels, and after every cycle i go back to and stay around the exact same high levels. I've literally never had low test (Good genes). I do blood work every 4 weeks year around, it's cheap. Im smart and cycle once a year and never go overboard with cycles. Self control. Full head of hair, with no shedding ever. Also my testes never shrink on cycles of Test and never had gyno symptoms. Just water retention and bad back acne which I combat well. I'm blessed :) I'll have haters though but oh well. Haters are gonna be from dudes who abused anabolics and lost their hair, killed their hpta etc. I researched for literally 3 years before I did my first cycle 4 years ago. No room for error here. As the OP, I just wanted opinions but I shoulda realised some dudes already screwed up their hpta so will think I'm gonna do the same. Nope. :) and if I ever do, which is highly unlikely I'll happily get on TRT. A clinc is up the street haha.
I did a 20 week cycle at 33 and i recovered from it but everyone is different. Maybe you should use prop for your last 3 or 4 weeks to help with your recovery.