100 series by Athlean X

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone else done these workouts? I just started last week and my god the pumps are amazing and the doms really set in.

I am gonna follow his split for a few weeks then I might incorporate some of the techniques, more specifically the ignition set, effect reps scheme into a push/pull/legs routine.

Basically the idea is you first choose a weight that you will fail at 12 reps (fail in this sense of form dropping below ideal, rather than muscle failure) you rest 15 seconds and then aim to complete 20 effective reps, you should get around 6-8 reps if you chose the weight correctly then wait 15 seconds and go again until you get to 20.

I am still sore from his leg workout on wednesday last week!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pretty much sounds like Myo-Reps by Borge Fagerli (didn’t watch the video so maybe he mentions this in it).

Many find it very effective if done right.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pretty much sounds like Myo-Reps by Borge Fagerli (didn’t watch the video so maybe he mentions this in it).

Many find it very effective if done right.
Yeah looked it up, very similar... but with 20 as the total rep goal (after the ignition set)

It is a good program man, worth trying

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He even calls them ignition sets. I’m not watching the video but he should give credit to Borge for something like this even if it isn’t totally the same since that’s more sets than is typically done for Myo-reps.

It’s really just a spin on effective reps though.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He even calls them ignition sets. I’m not watching the video but he should give credit to Borge for something like this even if it isn’t totally the same since that’s more sets than is typically done for Myo-reps.

It’s really just a spin on effective reps though.
I mean a lot of program are spin offs, especially these days only so many ways to reinvent the wheel when it comes to training haha.

You don't have to watch the video, but i don't understand why people dismiss things without even looking into it, he might explain the idea better than someone else or make it more appealing with the chosen exercises etc... I love watching new things haha

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I mean a lot of program are spin offs, especially these days only so many ways to reinvent the wheel when it comes to training haha.

You don't have to watch the video, but i don't understand why people dismiss things without even looking into it, he might explain the idea better than someone else or make it more appealing with the chosen exercises etc... I love watching new things haha
I think there is a difference between things that aren't reinventing the wheel and then literally using the same terminology as something produced by someone else and not even mentioning the influence. I'd wager there are a decent bit of individuals in the strength world who know who Borge is and reference his work when they use his rep schemes. Just feels like the usual Youtube cesspool of passing stuff off as your own that is rampant on the platform.

Borge's methods also have an actual study that should be in peer review right now comparing to standard sets: Myo Reps Study

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think there is a difference between things that aren't reinventing the wheel and then literally using the same terminology as something produced by someone else and not even mentioning the influence. I'd wager there are a decent bit of individuals in the strength world who know who Borge is and reference his work when they use his rep schemes. Just feels like the usual Youtube cesspool of passing stuff off as your own that is rampant on the platform.

Borge's methods also have an actual study that should be in peer review right now comparing to standard sets: Myo Reps Study
Yeah fair enough I do understand what you are saying, I just checked the start of the series he does briefly mention Arnold using this method... but doesnt cite the source. I just enjoy watching a range of different peoples videos to find new workouts, new tips, exercises, different views etc.

I would assume his exercises are all different to the study and what arnold did and can confirm I am so sore in a good way after each workout and they only take 40-50 mins too.