1,3-Dimethylamylamine

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
***1,3-Dimethylamylamine***

1,3-DMAA is a neural stimulant. If you look at its structure (7 carbon, aliphitic amine), its very similar to ephedrine which causes a quick increase in energy as a neurological stimulant. As this structure is so similar to amphetamines, IT WILL MAKE YOU TEST POSITIVE IN DRUG TESTED COMPETITIONS so you must proceed with caution. After it is absorbed into the bloodstream through the intestinal tract , it then crosses the blood-brain barrier. It has been shown to:

-increase your sense of euphoria (as it increases the release of dopamine
-increase energy
-lessen your pain tolerance there by lowering your RPE
-has a somewhat thermic effect making it fairly efficient as a "fat burning aid"
-aids in increasing overall metabolic rate.

As it is such a powerful stimulant, a lot of people find it to cause anxiety or they become jittery…in that case, stacking it with L-Theanine can help with those side effects.

Dimethylamylamine: a drug causing positive immunoassay results for amphetamines. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of 1,3-dimethylamylamine and caffeine alone or in combination on heart rate and blood pressure in healthy men and women. - PubMed - NCBI

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
Also, before taking this supplement, please read up on the REASON it is banned. I feel that is far more important than all of its 'positive' effect..

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, before taking this supplement, please read up on the REASON it is banned. I feel that is far more important than all of its 'positive' effect..
DMAA is not currently banned.

The FDA send out warning letters to manufacturers, however it has never been placed on the banned list.

Here is some more information as to why Hi-Tech is leading the fight against DMAA being banned:

[video=youtube;Nc_WZ9GxfR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_WZ9GxfR0[/video]

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Where did you ever find this never before seen ingredient?!
He never claimed to have discovered it. He is just providing some research. A lot of us on here already know about these ingredients he is talking about, but if someone new comes along, I think these blurbs could be helpful to someone just discovering something.

I do agree that he should have posted some info about the side effects - since this will be most useful to people who are just starting to learn things.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Have you read all the research?

DMAA is very likely safe in moderate doses under most circumstances (excluding any underlying health issues, moderate to severe dehydration, etc).

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
DMAA is an amazing product but clueless people that are sensitive to stims can screw themselves over by taking too much and ends up getting the product a bad name.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Maybe precautions on using DMAA would be helpful to include, just a suggestion

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I found an old bottle of Adrena-G recently.. Good ole' days when you could just add a cap of SNS 1,3 to anything.