TerribleTowel's Quest For More Mass

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    Damn man I'm subbed!I meant to get here sooner,but forgot all about it.I didn't have the time when I recieved your PM.
    No problem man! Glad to have you here!

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

My nips seem to be a little sensitive, or at least my right one, which I've had problems with before. It could be simply be me being overly cautious though as I've known myself to do so. But just to be fast, as soon as I get back from work I'm going to start taking my P-5-P as I'm sure if there really is anything going on it's progesterone or prolactin related. I may also run a low dose of Nolva too throughout the rest of the cycle just to be safe. Any thoughts?
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    My nips seem to be a little sensitive, or at least my right one, which I've had problems with before. It could be simply be me being overly cautious though as I've known myself to do so. But just to be fast, as soon as I get back from work I'm going to start taking my P-5-P as I'm sure if there really is anything going on it's progesterone or prolactin related. I may also run a low dose of Nolva too throughout the rest of the cycle just to be safe. Any thoughts?
    Sensitive is fine, painful is when you need to take action. If ANYTHING, just use the p-5-p. Do NOT start nolva. There is NO need since SD is an AI. It is prolactin related if indeed there is anything wrong. I would honestly wait and see what happens tomorrow, but they're your nips, so do what you will.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Quote Originally Posted by bassgod272 View Post
    Sensitive is fine, painful is when you need to take action. If ANYTHING, just use the p-5-p. Do NOT start nolva. There is NO need since SD is an AI. It is prolactin related if indeed there is anything wrong. I would honestly wait and see what happens tomorrow, but they're your nips, so do what you will.
    Yep no pain, just some sensitivity or possible over-analysis on my part. Either way I'm going to start taking the P-5-P today and then see what happens from there.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Deadlifts

225 x 8
    315 x 8
    405 x 6
    425 x 3
    315 x 12

Weight upon waking: 197 lbs
    Those are great numbers and for someone who only weighs 197lbs. That's almost ver batum, where I was last summer and in my circle of friends I have the strongest dead lift. Great job! Your relative dead lift strength is uncommonly high.

Edit: Before I injured myself (on rows!), I pulled 495lbs x 2, I think you'll be right there soon enough. My dead lift strength was oddly disproportionate to everything else. My workout partner, with a clearly stronger back on everything else couldn't pull 405lbs more then 2 or 3 times, but 405 was cake for me. I think you have that odd dead lift strength too.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Those are great numbers and for someone who only weighs 197lbs. That's almost ver batum, where I was last summer and in my circle of friends I have the strongest dead lift. Great job! Your relative dead lift strength is uncommonly high.

Edit: Before I injured myself (on rows!), I pulled 495lbs x 2, I think you'll be right there soon enough. My dead lift strength was oddly disproportionate to everything else. My workout partner, with a clearly stronger back on everything else couldn't pull 405lbs more then 2 or 3 times, but 405 was cake for me. I think you have that odd dead lift strength too.
    Thanks for the kind words Volcom! 495 x 2 is an awesome deadlift all in itself. Let that back fully heal and you'll be back moving huge poundages of the floor in no time.

I'll definitely have to say that I love deadlifts. I've really only been doing them hard for a couple months now and it's quickly become my favorite exercise. Who doesn't love moving a lot of weight around? Me and the deadlift get along very well as ever since I added them my numbers have just continued to climb. I've always had extremely strong ham's and glutes so I'm sure that's a big part of it. Deadlifts are the only lift where I can actually outlift my workout partner. Like you said in your case, the guy I workout with is stronger on all other back exercises, but for some reason I have him beat on deads.

I've never really thought of myself being that good at them though because the only people I've ever had to compare myself to were the powerlifters at my gym back home. You have to realize we have a very serious powerlifting group there, so there is several guys pulling in the 700 and 800 range. There was a cool video I found online one time of one of the guys at my gym doing 600 x 8 like it was a warmup set. It was cool because you could see me off in the background with my jaw hanging.

Anyways, I hope to see 5 plates myself before too long
  7. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Dont even bother with b6/p-5-p imo. Just get caber if you think its prolactin related. Your running SD only correct?

I almost feel as though SD gives me a diuretic type effect that first 8 or so days. Dry and hard.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I'd agree you have good DL #'s. I love them as well however I have a tendency to be lazy with keeping my hips loose and stretched and overtime I have to lay off the deads as my hips start to get WAY to tight. Stretching is the one thing I hate most....
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Dont even bother with b6/p-5-p imo. Just get caber if you think its prolactin related. Your running SD only correct?

I almost feel as though SD gives me a diuretic type effect that first 8 or so days. Dry and hard.
    No I'm running SD and Methoxy-TST. The problem is that no one actually knows whats in M-TST, but everyone agrees that it's highly androgenic, so I guess it is possible that's causing the problems.

Never ran caber and don't have any on hand. I've taken some P-5-P and I'll reevaluate the situation.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I'd agree you have good DL #'s. I love them as well however I have a tendency to be lazy with keeping my hips loose and stretched and overtime I have to lay off the deads as my hips start to get WAY to tight. Stretching is the one thing I hate most....
    Thanks man. I'll have to make sure I continue to stretch so I don't run into your problem.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Thanks for the kind words Volcom! 495 x 2 is an awesome deadlift all in itself. Let that back fully heal and you'll be back moving huge poundages of the floor in no time.

I'll definitely have to say that I love deadlifts. I've really only been doing them hard for a couple months now and it's quickly become my favorite exercise. Who doesn't love moving a lot of weight around? Me and the deadlift get along very well as ever since I added them my numbers have just continued to climb. I've always had extremely strong ham's and glutes so I'm sure that's a big part of it. Deadlifts are the only lift where I can actually outlift my workout partner. Like you said in your case, the guy I workout with is stronger on all other back exercises, but for some reason I have him beat on deads.

I've never really thought of myself being that good at them though because the only people I've ever had to compare myself to were the powerlifters at my gym back home. You have to realize we have a very serious powerlifting group there, so there is several guys pulling in the 700 and 800 range. There was a cool video I found online one time of one of the guys at my gym doing 600 x 8 like it was a warmup set. It was cool because you could see me off in the background with my jaw hanging.

Anyways, I hope to see 5 plates myself before too long
    Give yourself some credit bro. Do you know what kind of specialized training power lifters undergo? All those neuromuscular adaption(s) they sharpen day in, day out. I can talk about increased neuron firing, increased muscle fiber recruitment per motor unit, coordinated motor unit firing, decreased antagonist contraction, all these neuro mechanisms bodybuilders are severely inferior in, when compared to a trained power lifter. On top of that, you (and I) were throwing around 405lbs, weighing at 195-197lbs. I've seen guys pull 5 plates before, but they're 260lbs guys. It was only cool because I was 215lbs at the time when I was pulling 5 wheels. Relative strength is hella significant. Bodybuilders that can pull heavy deads are generally, initially derived from good old muscle strength, and less neuromechanics based, like power lifters. So take the props like a man

I start respecting your Deads when you've reached the 405 club and I don't mean 1RM, so, props to ya. My rep range, weight range and bodyweight range was exactly where you're at right now, last summer. 405 for 5-8 reps, then add the quarters for 3-5 reps. I would argue on a good day, you might have a chance at 5 wheels for a single, but no need to push it there yet (but theoretically). When I could pull 4 and a quarter 3-5 times, I could hit 5 wheels for a single, and you look very similar to myself.

Keep it up.

P.S. You know what makes a GREAT fricken warm up for Deads... light weight Off The Ground Cleans. It warms up the entire body very quickly, gears your muscles to coordinate and fire in succession in an explosive manner, and greases up the lumbar, hams and glutes nicely. But keep it light and not too extensive or you'll wear yourself out. Power is draining.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Give yourself some credit bro. Do you know what kind of specialized training power lifters undergo? All those neuromuscular adaption(s) they sharpen day in, day out. I can talk about increased neuron firing, increased muscle fiber recruitment per motor unit, coordinated motor unit firing, decreased antagonist contraction, all these neuro mechanisms bodybuilders are severely inferior in, when compared to a trained power lifter. On top of that, you (and I) were throwing around 405lbs, weighing at 195-197lbs. I've seen guys pull 5 plates before, but they're 260lbs guys. It was only cool because I was 215lbs at the time when I was pulling 5 wheels. Relative strength is hella significant. Bodybuilders that can pull heavy deads are generally, initially derived from good old muscle strength, and less neuromechanics based, like power lifters. So take the props like a man

I start respecting your Deads when you've reached the 405 club and I don't mean 1RM, so, props to ya. My rep range, weight range and bodyweight range was exactly where you're at right now, last summer. 405 for 5-8 reps, then add the quarters for 3-5 reps. I would argue on a good day, you might have a chance at 5 wheels for a single, but no need to push it there yet (but theoretically). When I could pull 4 and a quarter 3-5 times, I could hit 5 wheels for a single, and you look very similar to myself.
    Well thanks for the kind words man! I really appreciate the support and the encouragement. I agree, powerlifters are a completely different breed of lifter. In there defense, we had a couple guys who powerlifted who I feel like easily could have walked have walked on stage and been successful. There was a guy there who was in the top benchers in the world in his weigh class. He did 550 or so raw, and with a shirt I know he had put up 800 before, all at a bodyweight in the 250's, but he was just insane. I use to love watching those guys train. Nothing motivates you to lift more than seeing guys move monsterous amounts of weight like it's nothing.

P.S. You know what makes a GREAT fricken warm up for Deads... light weight Off The Ground Cleans. It warms up the entire body very quickly, gears your muscles to coordinate and fire in succession in an explosive manner, and greases up the lumbar, hams and glutes nicely. But keep it light and not too extensive or you'll wear yourself out. Power is draining.
    It's funny you mention that, because we actually did cleans either last week or the week before prior to deads. I hadn't done them in so long that I just stayed light with 135. After that we did deads and I definitely had a good day so maybe your on to something. I'll definitely throw in a few light sets next week prior to my deads just to see what happens. Thanks for the advice bro
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I always started my deadlift routine with some hyper-extensions done real slow. Then I used to like to perform some light sets of Good-Mornings before my Deadlifts. They really loosened up my lower back and got it ready for the heavy sh*t. Well.... at least it was heavy for me. I worked up to a 610 Deadlift. But I weighed 275, so.....
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    I always started my deadlift routine with some hyper-extensions done real slow. Then I used to like to perform some light sets of Good-Mornings before my Deadlifts. They really loosened up my lower back and got it ready for the heavy sh*t. Well.... at least it was heavy for me. I worked up to a 610 Deadlift. But I weighed 275, so.....
    showoff!!
  15. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

610 at 275 is a very good pull in my book. Great job TG. What are you pulling nowadays?
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Day 3 - Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Off day yesterday incase anyone was wondering. Had some thing I had to take care of plus my lower back needed some time to recover from my deadlifts from the day before.

This afternoon will be a full out shoulder assault! Stay tuned for details.
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Just an update on my nips. The right one continues to be sensitive, but hasn't gotten any worse. So in other words, it's still a little sensitive and I can feel something, but I believe it's just my gland or some adipose tissue. Sensitivity like bass mentioned isn't really a concern, just something to note. There is no pain and to be honest I think I'm over-analyzing. So I will continue as planned and continue to take P-5-P for the duration of my cycle and PCT, and if the situation changes for any reason I will reevaluate the situation and make changes as needed.
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.23%

Just an update on my nips. The right one continues to be sensitive, but hasn't gotten any worse. So in other words, it's still a little sensitive and I can feel something, but I believe it's just my gland or some adipose tissue. Sensitivity like bass mentioned isn't really a concern, just something to note. There is no pain and to be honest I think I'm over-analyzing. So I will continue as planned and continue to take P-5-P for the duration of my cycle and PCT, and if the situation changes for any reason I will reevaluate the situation and make changes as needed.
    STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR NIPPLESSSSSS! Seriously though, the more you think/mess with them, the worse they will get from just all the groping alone. I know you admire your chest and all but C'MON.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%

610 at 275 is a very good pull in my book. Great job TG. What are you pulling nowadays?
    I've only been doing the stiff-legged variety for my lower back and mainly hamstrings lately. I use 315 for 12 reps with the stiff-legged's. I can still hoist 505 off the floor pretty easily for my Barbell shrugs. So I think I could still pull a 550 deadlift. It was always my specialty. I called myself, "Dr. Deadlift"!! ha ha

20. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR NIPPLESSSSSS! Seriously though, the more you think/mess with them, the worse they will get from just all the groping alone. I know you admire your chest and all but C'MON.
    But it's such a nice chest...

JK...I know your right man. I've been through this once before so I know that constantly thinking about it only makes it worse. Which is why I'm not worrying about it anymore unless it gets noticably worse.

Glad your in here to keep my head on straight. Thanks bro
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

I've only been doing the stiff-legged variety for my lower back and mainly hamstrings lately. I use 315 for 12 reps with the stiff-legged's. I can still hoist 505 off the floor pretty easily for my Barbell shrugs. So I think I could still pull a 550 deadlift. It was always my specialty. I called myself, "Dr. Deadlift"!! ha ha
    315 x 12 is very impressive on straight leg deads. I love straight leg deads as there is no other exercise where I can get the same great contraction in my ham's and glutes as I do with SLDL's. I have done them in over a month as I've been doing regular deads lately.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

You do shrugs off the floor? That's fricken hardcore!
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%

You do shrugs off the floor? That's fricken hardcore!
    I usually stand on a large wooden block in the squat rack. But it's occupied sometimes with the rare squatters!! lol When that happens I load up the bar on the floor and continue business as usual!!

24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

I usually stand on a large wooden block in the squat rack. But it's occupied sometimes with the rare squatters!! lol When that happens I load up the bar on the floor and continue business as usual!!
    I might have to try that on principle (when my lumbar heals).
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Day 4 - Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shoulders

Seated Barbell Military Press

175 x 10
    185 x 10
    195 x 8
    205 x 5

Standing Lateral Raises

30 x 15
    35 x 12
    35 x 10
    35 x 8 + 25 x 8

Upright Barbell Rows

115 x 10
    125 x 10
    125 x 8
    115 x 9

Bent-over Reverse Flies

25 x 12
    25 x 12
    25 x 12 (rest paused to get 12)
    25 x 12 (rest paused to get 12)

Dumbbell Shrugs

90 x 20
    90 x 18
    90 x 15
    90 x 12

One Arm Shrugs In Smith Machine

135 x 10
    135 x 10
    135 x 10

Post Workout Thoughts

Very good workout today. I think the SD is finally starting to kick in. My military press jumped from 195 x 5 last week to 195 x 8 and 205 x 5 this week. I also moved up to the 35's on the lateral raises. I was going to do front raises, but I felt a pain in my left shoulder when I attempted them so I quickly quit and moved on to upright rows. No need to risk hurting anything. I was going to do some heavy barbell shrugs today, but the dreaded back pumps made their first appearance halfway through the workout and after a warmup set of 135 I realized that wasn't going to work, so I decided to work my traps in a manner which placed less stress on my lower back. The one arm shrugs you see mentioned were an idea I stole from Volcom a while back. In case anyone isn't aware of what I talking about, I simply stand with my side to the bar of the smith machine and do shrugs using one arm and then switch to the other. By doing one arm at a time you can get a really deep strong contraction in your traps, you just have to be careful that it's a weight you can handle as you can't be jerking the weight around or your simply asking for injury.

Weight upon waking: 196 lbs (down ... I'm ready for the weight gains to start showing up, even though I do appear larger in the mirror)
  26. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Whats the advantage of doing shrugs standing on a box?
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%

Whats the advantage of doing shrugs standing on a box?
    It's inside a power-squat rack. The bar rests on the safety bars at waist-level. By standing on the wooden box, I can lift the bar up easier and I don't have to walk it backwards out of the power rack to keep it from hitting the safety bars on the negative portion of the rep. Understand?

28. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

It's inside a power-squat rack. The bar rests on the safety bars at waist-level. By standing on the wooden box, I can lift the bar up easier and I don't have to walk it backwards out of the power rack to keep it from hitting the safety bars on the negative portion of the rep. Understand?
    Gotcha. The bars on the squat racks at my gym are adjustable so I can lower them far enough that I don't run into your problem. It never crossed my mind that you might not be able to lower the bars. I thought you just wanted to be different so you could get attention
  29. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Friday, August 1, 2008

Legs (Quads only)

Front Squats (Ass to Grass)

195 x 10
    205 x 10
    215 x 10
    225 x 8

Leg Press

(4 Plates) x 20
    (5 Plates) x 20
    (5 Plates + 25) x 15
    (4 Plates) x 22

Leg Extensions

150 x 20
    150 x 16
    150 x 13

Post Workout Thoughts

Holy ****in back pumps!!! Wow...I've had some back pumps before but nothing like this. Two sets into my front squats and it was killing me. I had to leave my belt on the entire workout just to be able to move.

With that said though, by the time I finished I couldn't walk. Partially due to teh back pumps, but also the fact that my quads had a sick pump. I did some higher reps on the leg press and this absolutely destroyed my quads.

I would have done some ham's, but there was no way my back was going to be able to support any sort of hamstring movement so I had to take a loss there. They get a lot of work from my deads so they haven't been completely neglected this week.

Weight upon waking: 199.5 lbs (HERE WE GO!!)
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.4%

Ass to Grass sounds way cooler then Hams to Calves. I think I'll use that one now.
    NSCA - CSCS
  31. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.23%

Any acne yet from the TST bro? Also, you should become a cool kid like the rest of us and post a pic of yourself as yor avi
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%

TT---sounds like you really need to up the Taurine in your supplementation. Up to 5 or 6 grams per day!! And eat a couple of bananas every day!! And drink water until you think you're gonna fukkin' puke!! These 3 steps should help alleviate those dreadful back-pumps!! Peace!!

33. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Any acne yet from the TST bro? Also, you should become a cool kid like the rest of us and post a pic of yourself as yor avi
    No acne so far. To be honest I haven't really felt much from the M-TST thus far.

Maybe at the end of this cycle I'll join the cool kids club and put a picture of myself for my avi. I'm too scrawny right now.
  34. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

TT---sounds like you really need to up the Taurine in your supplementation. Up to 5 or 6 grams per day!! And eat a couple of bananas every day!! And drink water until you think you're gonna fukkin' puke!! These 3 steps should help alleviate those dreadful back-pumps!! Peace!!
    Took 8 grams of taurine Friday along with having two bananas and a couple gallons of water. I think part of the pumps could have simply been related to my body continuing to recover from deadlifts on Tuesday. No problems with back pumps today though. Maybe taurine needs a day or two to build up in the system.
  35. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Day 6 - Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bi's, Calves, & Forearms

Barbell Curls (Wide Grip)

85 x 10
    85 x 10
    85 x 10
    85 x 8

Seated Incline Curls

25 x 10
    30 x 8
    30 x 9
    30 x 10

Cable Curls

Didn't have weights indicated. 4 sets of 10 to 12 reps a piece.

Calf Raises (Leg Press) Supersetted With Barbell Wrist Curls

(3 Plates x 25) + 45 til failure
    (3 Plates x 22) + 45 til failure
    (3 Plates x 20) + 45 til failure
    (3 Plates x 18) + 45 til failure
    (3 Plates x 16 + 2 drop sets til failure) + 45 til failure

Post Workout Thoughts

Very nice workout. For biceps today I was playing around with some ideas I read about on another board from some very knowledgeable guys about bicep training. The discussion was about how to really focus on working the biceps instead of the brachialis. I have always been a guy who didn't care to train biceps because the pump constantly avoided me. I would complete a bicep workout and leave with pumped forearms and hardly any work done to my biceps. I must say that just using these different techniques definitely left me with a great bicep pump that I haven't felt in quite a while. The cable curls exercise was a new one to me. Put the cables as low as they can go and attach to handles. Grab the weights and step forward as if your going to do a fly. Now keeping your elbows pinned to your sides and keeping your hands working straight up and down perform a set of curls. Definitely gave me a different kind of feeling in my bicep and I liked it. I'll continue to work my biceps in a similar manner to see if I can't get any new growth.

I usually don't do any direct forearm work, but after watching Volcom's thread and another thread on another board I decided to incorporate a little forearm work once or twice a week to see if I can tell a difference. Once again Volcom you've inspired me.

Weight upon waking: 200.5 lbs (finally broke 200!!)
  36. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.23%

No acne so far. To be honest I haven't really felt much from the M-TST thus far.

Maybe at the end of this cycle I'll join the cool kids club and put a picture of myself for my avi. I'm too scrawny right now.
    Oh and i'm not? LMAO!
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I do the same cable bicep curl exercise only with the pulleys all the way up. Gives me a good bicep workout!
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.28%

Great workout TT!! I saw a youtube video of Lou Ferrigno doing a one-arm bent-over cable concentration curl. I started tossing a set or 2 of 'em in at the end of my biceps workouts.....WOW!! They'll pump your bi's up better than DB concentration curls ever did! KEEP BLASTIN' THE IRON DUDE!!

39. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

Correction: some acne has started to rear it's ugly head (no pun intended). I never get acne so I have no doubt that it's from the M-TST

Side Note: Bi's are sore as hell today so something was certainly working yesterday. I personally treasure my DOMS. If I'm not sore the next day then I don't feel as if I worked hard enough the previous day and DOMS in my bi's has always avoided me.
  40. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.23%

Correction: some acne has started to rear it's ugly head (no pun intended). I never get acne so I have no doubt that it's from the M-TST

Side Note: Bi's are sore as hell today so something was certainly working yesterday. I personally treasure my DOMS. If I'm not sore the next day then I don't feel as if I worked hard enough the previous day and DOMS in my bi's has always avoided me.
    Try this stretch after your arms session. It will help reduce DOMS in a very positive manner. It will help you recover faster, better shape the muscle, and increase the growth of the muscle. Stand in the middle of a smythe machine with a BB in it at about shoulder high. Stand facing away from the bar, reach backward and grab the bar palms down(hands on top of bar.) Sink down into a squatting position first, and if you can hack it, into a kneeling position. If you can hack that, sink your butt down to the floor. Continue the stretch for 60 seconds. Do not be surprised if you don't make it 6osec as it will be very painful, lol. IT is an extreme stretch for bi's. If you last 60sec, then you need to raise the bar up another notch, because it is too low.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quest for Lean Mass!!!
    By geminderh in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 08:00 PM
  2. p-plex quest for mass
    By bayoubeef in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
  3. p-plex quest for mass
    By bayoubeef in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4