TerribleTowel's Quest For More Mass

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    You can ask Tripdog or Trauma1 on this, but you should take at least 3 caps of the TST 2 hours before your workout for the androgenic rage it will provide for your training. I usually take 5 or 6 myself. Trip says he takes 6 caps as well. You have to take it at least 2 hours before though. Trauma waits for 3 hours. It kicks in slowly. But then it hits fukkin' hard!!
    I was planning on taking 12 mg (6 pills) about 2 or 3 hours before my workout just like you mentioned, so all is good on that front. I've seen enough of your logs to realize thats the sweet spot

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    I was planning on taking 12 mg (6 pills) about 2 or 3 hours before my workout just like you mentioned, so all is good on that front. I've seen enough of your logs to realize thats the sweet spot
    6 caps of TST 2hrs pre-wo FTW!!!! you will ****in LOVE your session today bro, lol.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Better late then never.

I'm watching you
    •   

4. Registered User

Day 1 - Monday, July 28, 2008

Chest & Tri's

Barbell Bench

225 x 10
    255 x 7
    265 x 5
    275 x 3 (assisted)

Incline Barbell Bench

175 x 10
    185 x 8
    195 x 6
    225 x 4 (assisted)

Close Grip Bench On Smith

185 x 11
    225 x 8
    225 x 6
    185 x 12

Skulls + Presses

90 x 10 + 10
    90 x 9 + 10
    90 x 8 + 8
    50 x 15 + 20

Rope Pushdowns

72 x 12
    72 x 12
    72 x 10 + 36 x 8

Post Workout Thoughts

Sucked! Well I've had worst, but it definitely wasn't the workout I was expecting or that I desired, but I guess it was just one of those days. Bench was lower today and simply put the weights just felt extremely HEAVY. Incline went a little better, but still not great. Mixed it up a little bit with the close grips and I've never actually done them on a smith so I can't compare those numbers, but the rest of my my numbers were all down today. It's probably safe to assume that my weekend of bad dieting and a day in which I spent 14 straight hours on a boat with the sun beating down on me probably didn't help. Oh well, soon the SD will have kicked in and I'll be destroying the weights.

Weight upon waking: 195.5 lbs (down a little, most likely due to my weekend)
  5. Registered User

Oh well, soon the SD will have kicked in and I'll be destroying the weights.
    That's the spirit!!
  6. Registered User

Just a little update as I'm bored here at work. Weight was back up this morning to 197. Nothing to do with the SD, just by body bouncing back from the weekend. My body should be back in full swing today, so I'm ready to destroy some deadlifts.

Question for bassgod, thundergod, and anyone else who has used M-TST, how long did it take before you started feeling the effects of M-TST?
  7. Registered User

Takes about 2hrs for the TST to kick in. TripDog says 2hrs for him, Trauma1 says he takes it 3hrs pre-wo. I take it 2hrs pre-wo myself. The effects are noticed the very first time you use it. You won't notice anything until you begin to lift though. Then you'll be like "I am going to throw this ****ING DB through THAT WALL!!!" lol, but seriously, that is how you will feel. I LOVE THE SHYT!!! STrength will increase, as well as aggression, vascularity, and insane pumps. :bb3:
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Can't wait to see those Dead lift numbers.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Registered User

Day 2 - Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back

Pullups

Deadlifts

225 x 8
    315 x 8
    405 x 6
    425 x 3
    315 x 12

Barbell Rows

185 x 10
    185 x 10
    185 x 10
    185 x 10

Pulldowns (with hands facing one another)

108 x 10
    132 x 10
    144 x 10
    144 x 8
    144 x 7 + 96 x 7 + 60 x 15

Post workout thoughts:

Pretty good workout today. I definitely think I was feeling some of the effects of the M-TST because I was in a whole other world in the time leading up to the gym. I couldn't wait to get into the gym and pull deads. That being said though, I was kind of disappointed with my reps on my 405 and 425 sets. Maybe the jump from 315 to 405 was too much. Anyways, the rest of the workout went very well. Tomorrow will more than likely be an off day as I have some moving to do, but Thursday I will be in the gym full force for a brutal shoulder workout. If I have time though I'll probably try to sneak in a workout.

Weight upon waking: 197 lbs
  10. Banned

Damn man I'm subbed!I meant to get here sooner,but forgot all about it.I didn't have the time when I recieved your PM.
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    Damn man I'm subbed!I meant to get here sooner,but forgot all about it.I didn't have the time when I recieved your PM.
    No problem man! Glad to have you here!
  12. Registered User

My nips seem to be a little sensitive, or at least my right one, which I've had problems with before. It could be simply be me being overly cautious though as I've known myself to do so. But just to be fast, as soon as I get back from work I'm going to start taking my P-5-P as I'm sure if there really is anything going on it's progesterone or prolactin related. I may also run a low dose of Nolva too throughout the rest of the cycle just to be safe. Any thoughts?
  13. Registered User

My nips seem to be a little sensitive, or at least my right one, which I've had problems with before. It could be simply be me being overly cautious though as I've known myself to do so. But just to be fast, as soon as I get back from work I'm going to start taking my P-5-P as I'm sure if there really is anything going on it's progesterone or prolactin related. I may also run a low dose of Nolva too throughout the rest of the cycle just to be safe. Any thoughts?
    Sensitive is fine, painful is when you need to take action. If ANYTHING, just use the p-5-p. Do NOT start nolva. There is NO need since SD is an AI. It is prolactin related if indeed there is anything wrong. I would honestly wait and see what happens tomorrow, but they're your nips, so do what you will.
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bassgod272 View Post
    Sensitive is fine, painful is when you need to take action. If ANYTHING, just use the p-5-p. Do NOT start nolva. There is NO need since SD is an AI. It is prolactin related if indeed there is anything wrong. I would honestly wait and see what happens tomorrow, but they're your nips, so do what you will.
    Yep no pain, just some sensitivity or possible over-analysis on my part. Either way I'm going to start taking the P-5-P today and then see what happens from there.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Deadlifts

225 x 8
    315 x 8
    405 x 6
    425 x 3
    315 x 12

Weight upon waking: 197 lbs
    Those are great numbers and for someone who only weighs 197lbs. That's almost ver batum, where I was last summer and in my circle of friends I have the strongest dead lift. Great job! Your relative dead lift strength is uncommonly high.

Edit: Before I injured myself (on rows!), I pulled 495lbs x 2, I think you'll be right there soon enough. My dead lift strength was oddly disproportionate to everything else. My workout partner, with a clearly stronger back on everything else couldn't pull 405lbs more then 2 or 3 times, but 405 was cake for me. I think you have that odd dead lift strength too.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Those are great numbers and for someone who only weighs 197lbs. That's almost ver batum, where I was last summer and in my circle of friends I have the strongest dead lift. Great job! Your relative dead lift strength is uncommonly high.

Edit: Before I injured myself (on rows!), I pulled 495lbs x 2, I think you'll be right there soon enough. My dead lift strength was oddly disproportionate to everything else. My workout partner, with a clearly stronger back on everything else couldn't pull 405lbs more then 2 or 3 times, but 405 was cake for me. I think you have that odd dead lift strength too.
    Thanks for the kind words Volcom! 495 x 2 is an awesome deadlift all in itself. Let that back fully heal and you'll be back moving huge poundages of the floor in no time.

I'll definitely have to say that I love deadlifts. I've really only been doing them hard for a couple months now and it's quickly become my favorite exercise. Who doesn't love moving a lot of weight around? Me and the deadlift get along very well as ever since I added them my numbers have just continued to climb. I've always had extremely strong ham's and glutes so I'm sure that's a big part of it. Deadlifts are the only lift where I can actually outlift my workout partner. Like you said in your case, the guy I workout with is stronger on all other back exercises, but for some reason I have him beat on deads.

I've never really thought of myself being that good at them though because the only people I've ever had to compare myself to were the powerlifters at my gym back home. You have to realize we have a very serious powerlifting group there, so there is several guys pulling in the 700 and 800 range. There was a cool video I found online one time of one of the guys at my gym doing 600 x 8 like it was a warmup set. It was cool because you could see me off in the background with my jaw hanging.

Anyways, I hope to see 5 plates myself before too long
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Dont even bother with b6/p-5-p imo. Just get caber if you think its prolactin related. Your running SD only correct?

I almost feel as though SD gives me a diuretic type effect that first 8 or so days. Dry and hard.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

I'd agree you have good DL #'s. I love them as well however I have a tendency to be lazy with keeping my hips loose and stretched and overtime I have to lay off the deads as my hips start to get WAY to tight. Stretching is the one thing I hate most....
  19. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Dont even bother with b6/p-5-p imo. Just get caber if you think its prolactin related. Your running SD only correct?

I almost feel as though SD gives me a diuretic type effect that first 8 or so days. Dry and hard.
    No I'm running SD and Methoxy-TST. The problem is that no one actually knows whats in M-TST, but everyone agrees that it's highly androgenic, so I guess it is possible that's causing the problems.

Never ran caber and don't have any on hand. I've taken some P-5-P and I'll reevaluate the situation.
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I'd agree you have good DL #'s. I love them as well however I have a tendency to be lazy with keeping my hips loose and stretched and overtime I have to lay off the deads as my hips start to get WAY to tight. Stretching is the one thing I hate most....
    Thanks man. I'll have to make sure I continue to stretch so I don't run into your problem.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Thanks for the kind words Volcom! 495 x 2 is an awesome deadlift all in itself. Let that back fully heal and you'll be back moving huge poundages of the floor in no time.

I'll definitely have to say that I love deadlifts. I've really only been doing them hard for a couple months now and it's quickly become my favorite exercise. Who doesn't love moving a lot of weight around? Me and the deadlift get along very well as ever since I added them my numbers have just continued to climb. I've always had extremely strong ham's and glutes so I'm sure that's a big part of it. Deadlifts are the only lift where I can actually outlift my workout partner. Like you said in your case, the guy I workout with is stronger on all other back exercises, but for some reason I have him beat on deads.

I've never really thought of myself being that good at them though because the only people I've ever had to compare myself to were the powerlifters at my gym back home. You have to realize we have a very serious powerlifting group there, so there is several guys pulling in the 700 and 800 range. There was a cool video I found online one time of one of the guys at my gym doing 600 x 8 like it was a warmup set. It was cool because you could see me off in the background with my jaw hanging.

Anyways, I hope to see 5 plates myself before too long
    Give yourself some credit bro. Do you know what kind of specialized training power lifters undergo? All those neuromuscular adaption(s) they sharpen day in, day out. I can talk about increased neuron firing, increased muscle fiber recruitment per motor unit, coordinated motor unit firing, decreased antagonist contraction, all these neuro mechanisms bodybuilders are severely inferior in, when compared to a trained power lifter. On top of that, you (and I) were throwing around 405lbs, weighing at 195-197lbs. I've seen guys pull 5 plates before, but they're 260lbs guys. It was only cool because I was 215lbs at the time when I was pulling 5 wheels. Relative strength is hella significant. Bodybuilders that can pull heavy deads are generally, initially derived from good old muscle strength, and less neuromechanics based, like power lifters. So take the props like a man

I start respecting your Deads when you've reached the 405 club and I don't mean 1RM, so, props to ya. My rep range, weight range and bodyweight range was exactly where you're at right now, last summer. 405 for 5-8 reps, then add the quarters for 3-5 reps. I would argue on a good day, you might have a chance at 5 wheels for a single, but no need to push it there yet (but theoretically). When I could pull 4 and a quarter 3-5 times, I could hit 5 wheels for a single, and you look very similar to myself.

Keep it up.

P.S. You know what makes a GREAT fricken warm up for Deads... light weight Off The Ground Cleans. It warms up the entire body very quickly, gears your muscles to coordinate and fire in succession in an explosive manner, and greases up the lumbar, hams and glutes nicely. But keep it light and not too extensive or you'll wear yourself out. Power is draining.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Registered User

Give yourself some credit bro. Do you know what kind of specialized training power lifters undergo? All those neuromuscular adaption(s) they sharpen day in, day out. I can talk about increased neuron firing, increased muscle fiber recruitment per motor unit, coordinated motor unit firing, decreased antagonist contraction, all these neuro mechanisms bodybuilders are severely inferior in, when compared to a trained power lifter. On top of that, you (and I) were throwing around 405lbs, weighing at 195-197lbs. I've seen guys pull 5 plates before, but they're 260lbs guys. It was only cool because I was 215lbs at the time when I was pulling 5 wheels. Relative strength is hella significant. Bodybuilders that can pull heavy deads are generally, initially derived from good old muscle strength, and less neuromechanics based, like power lifters. So take the props like a man

I start respecting your Deads when you've reached the 405 club and I don't mean 1RM, so, props to ya. My rep range, weight range and bodyweight range was exactly where you're at right now, last summer. 405 for 5-8 reps, then add the quarters for 3-5 reps. I would argue on a good day, you might have a chance at 5 wheels for a single, but no need to push it there yet (but theoretically). When I could pull 4 and a quarter 3-5 times, I could hit 5 wheels for a single, and you look very similar to myself.
    Well thanks for the kind words man! I really appreciate the support and the encouragement. I agree, powerlifters are a completely different breed of lifter. In there defense, we had a couple guys who powerlifted who I feel like easily could have walked have walked on stage and been successful. There was a guy there who was in the top benchers in the world in his weigh class. He did 550 or so raw, and with a shirt I know he had put up 800 before, all at a bodyweight in the 250's, but he was just insane. I use to love watching those guys train. Nothing motivates you to lift more than seeing guys move monsterous amounts of weight like it's nothing.

P.S. You know what makes a GREAT fricken warm up for Deads... light weight Off The Ground Cleans. It warms up the entire body very quickly, gears your muscles to coordinate and fire in succession in an explosive manner, and greases up the lumbar, hams and glutes nicely. But keep it light and not too extensive or you'll wear yourself out. Power is draining.
    It's funny you mention that, because we actually did cleans either last week or the week before prior to deads. I hadn't done them in so long that I just stayed light with 135. After that we did deads and I definitely had a good day so maybe your on to something. I'll definitely throw in a few light sets next week prior to my deads just to see what happens. Thanks for the advice bro
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Bilskirnir, my stronghold in my realm of Thrudheim

I always started my deadlift routine with some hyper-extensions done real slow. Then I used to like to perform some light sets of Good-Mornings before my Deadlifts. They really loosened up my lower back and got it ready for the heavy sh*t. Well.... at least it was heavy for me. I worked up to a 610 Deadlift. But I weighed 275, so.....
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  24. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I always started my deadlift routine with some hyper-extensions done real slow. Then I used to like to perform some light sets of Good-Mornings before my Deadlifts. They really loosened up my lower back and got it ready for the heavy sh*t. Well.... at least it was heavy for me. I worked up to a 610 Deadlift. But I weighed 275, so.....
    showoff!!
  25. Registered User

610 at 275 is a very good pull in my book. Great job TG. What are you pulling nowadays?
  26. Registered User

Day 3 - Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Off day yesterday incase anyone was wondering. Had some thing I had to take care of plus my lower back needed some time to recover from my deadlifts from the day before.

This afternoon will be a full out shoulder assault! Stay tuned for details.
  27. Registered User

Just an update on my nips. The right one continues to be sensitive, but hasn't gotten any worse. So in other words, it's still a little sensitive and I can feel something, but I believe it's just my gland or some adipose tissue. Sensitivity like bass mentioned isn't really a concern, just something to note. There is no pain and to be honest I think I'm over-analyzing. So I will continue as planned and continue to take P-5-P for the duration of my cycle and PCT, and if the situation changes for any reason I will reevaluate the situation and make changes as needed.
  28. Registered User

Just an update on my nips. The right one continues to be sensitive, but hasn't gotten any worse. So in other words, it's still a little sensitive and I can feel something, but I believe it's just my gland or some adipose tissue. Sensitivity like bass mentioned isn't really a concern, just something to note. There is no pain and to be honest I think I'm over-analyzing. So I will continue as planned and continue to take P-5-P for the duration of my cycle and PCT, and if the situation changes for any reason I will reevaluate the situation and make changes as needed.
    STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR NIPPLESSSSSS! Seriously though, the more you think/mess with them, the worse they will get from just all the groping alone. I know you admire your chest and all but C'MON.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Bilskirnir, my stronghold in my realm of Thrudheim

610 at 275 is a very good pull in my book. Great job TG. What are you pulling nowadays?
    I've only been doing the stiff-legged variety for my lower back and mainly hamstrings lately. I use 315 for 12 reps with the stiff-legged's. I can still hoist 505 off the floor pretty easily for my Barbell shrugs. So I think I could still pull a 550 deadlift. It was always my specialty. I called myself, "Dr. Deadlift"!! ha ha
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  30. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bassgod272 View Post
    STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR NIPPLESSSSSS! Seriously though, the more you think/mess with them, the worse they will get from just all the groping alone. I know you admire your chest and all but C'MON.
    But it's such a nice chest...

JK...I know your right man. I've been through this once before so I know that constantly thinking about it only makes it worse. Which is why I'm not worrying about it anymore unless it gets noticably worse.

Glad your in here to keep my head on straight. Thanks bro
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quest for Lean Mass!!!
    By geminderh in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 06:00 PM
  2. p-plex quest for mass
    By bayoubeef in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
  3. p-plex quest for mass