TerribleTowel's Quest For More Mass

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I've been around here for quite a while (this is my second account), but I've never actually kept a log. So I figured I'd start one. If for no other reason to help me keep myself organized and keep me entertained while I'm bored at work.

Please feel free to comment on anything you wish. All thoughts/suggestions/recommendations/etc are always welcomed.

I'm still playing around with some different splits as I've reintroduced deadlifts back into my routine, but as of now it looks like this week:

Monday: Chest & Bi's
Tuesday: Back & Ham's
Wednesday: off (if I can stay away)
Thursday: Shoulders & Calves
Friday: Quads & Tri's

Diet as of now is as follows:

Meal 1: 2 Whole Eggs, 5 Egg Whites, Ground Turkey, 1 Whole Wheat Bagel, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey to flavor oatmeal
Meal 2: Shake: 10 oz of milk, 3/4 cup oats, 2 scoops of whey
Meal 3: 1/2+ cup brown rice, 8 oz chicken
Meal 4: Shake: 10 oz of milk, 3/4 cup oats, 2 scoops of whey
Meal 5: 1/2+ cup brown rice, 8 oz chicken
Meal 6: Post workout Shake: 2.5 scoops, 1/2 cup oatmeal, banana
Meal 7: Chicken & PB, Shrimp and EVOO
Meal 8: 3 Whole Eggs, 3 Egg Whites, ground turkey, milk

Breaks down to about: 5000 calories

525 grams of protein / 400 grams of carbs / 120 grams of fat

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday, Monday, July 14, 2008 - Chest & Bi's

Flat Bench

225 x 8
250 x 8
260 x 7
265 x 6
275 x 4

Incline Barbell

165 x 8
185 x 8
195 x 6 or 7 (I don't remember which)
205 x 4

Machine Press

3 sets of 8 to 12 reps...don't remember weights or reps as I don't keep a log and this was yesterday's workout. With this machine you basically sit straight up and there are three different handle settings to choose from. We did these with a close grip (with palms facing each other grip).

Barbell Curls

85 x 8
95 x 8
95 x 6 + 2 + 1 (done with minimal rest. 6 reps, pause 15 seconds, 2 reps, pause 15 seconds...)

Standing Dumbell Curls

35 x 8
40 x 8
40 x ? + two drops sets with the 35's with minimal rests

Preacher Curls (Very Slow Negatives)

60 x 12
60 x 12
60 x 10

These preachers were done very slow and controlled. Normal controlled contraction, then slowly lowered for 5 seconds, and repeat.

Weight upon waking: 196 lbs

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - Back & Ham's

Pullups (Very Wide)

Deadlifts

135 x 8
225 x 8
315 x 8
365 x 8
405 x 5
315 x 10

Barbell Rows

135 x 12
185 x 12
185 x 10

Lying Leg Curls

150 x 12
170 x 10
150 x 10

Post workout thoughts:

Pretty decent workout. Deadlifts felt alright, not great. Had to go light on the barbell rows as my lower back was already taxed from the deadlifts. One thing I have noticed is that since I have recently started doing back the day after chest, is that my lats are sore before I even begin my workout. This has a pretty noticeable effect on my pullups, and is something I will consider when considering while trying to determine what my new routine will be.

Weight upon waking: 195.5 lbs

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
My traps, lats, hams, and glutes are all absolutely demolished from my workout yesterday. Weight this morning was 197 so glad to see it's back up after that flux yesterday morning. Depending on the weather later today I may or may not go to the gym. It's a scheduled off day, but I feel my day is incomplete without a gym visit. So if the weather isn't nice, I'll be there doing calves and abs. Either way shoulders will be blasted tomorrow.

Weight upon waking: 197 lbs

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday (Wednesday) ended up being a day off, other than some abdominal work I did on my own at the apartment.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, July 17, 2008 - Shoulders

Seated Military Press (Barbell)

135 x 12
155 x 12
165 x 10
175 x 9

Seated Dumbell Laterals

25 x 15
30 x 15
30 x 12
30 x 8 + 25 x 5

Seated Front Laterals

30 x 15
30 x 15
30 x 13

Cable Reverse Flies

2 unsuccessful sets

Post Workout Thoughts

Strength was good today throughout most of the workout despite having nothing inspirational around. I went earlier today, around lunch time, and the gym was nearly completely empty, besides two guys who simply talked and did one half assed exercise for each bodypart and had no business being in the gym. Barbell military press has always been a weak point for me, but it's finally starting to show some improvement.

The reverse flies as I called them were an idea I got from a Charles Glass training video I watched earlier this week. Basically you take the handles off and simply grab the end of each cable with the opposite hand, and simply do a reverse fly motion. However, I simply could not get the motion to feel right or could I get any sort of work in my rear delts. I tried it a few different ways and decided to discard it and try it again another day.

I also had to skip both traps and calves today as my lower back was still too sore from my deadlifts on Tuesday. Looks like I'll be having a traps and calves workout Saturday to make up for it.

Weight upon waking: 197.5 lbs

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup TT. Personally I'd move the mik at the end of the day into your 1st meal with the oatmeal and then the whey protein into the end of the day as a shake. Just one simple way to get the carbs out of the end of your day:

Meal 1: 2 Whole Eggs, 5 Egg Whites, Ground Turkey, 1 Whole Wheat Bagel, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey to flavor oatmeal
Meal 2: Shake: 10 oz of milk, 3/4 cup oats, 2 scoops of whey
Meal 3: 1/2+ cup brown rice, 8 oz chicken
Meal 4: Shake: 10 oz of milk, 3/4 cup oats, 2 scoops of whey
Meal 5: 1/2+ cup brown rice, 8 oz chicken
Meal 6: Post workout Shake: 2.5 scoops, 1/2 cup oatmeal, banana
Meal 7: Chicken & PB, Shrimp and EVOO
Meal 8: 3 Whole Eggs, 3 Egg Whites, ground turkey, milk

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also on that cable reverse fly lift, like you I never really felt that. What I do on occasion is set a small incline on a flat bench. Then lie face down and use dumbbells. Basically like a reverse chest fly.

I definitely feel those in my rear delts.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Sup TT. Personally I'd move the mik at the end of the day into your 1st meal with the oatmeal and then the whey protein into the end of the day as a shake. Just one simple way to get the carbs out of the end of your day:
Personally I don't think the first meal needs anything added as it's already my biggest meal of the day. The carbs in the milk doesn't really concern me. I've been having a glass or so with my last meal for a while now and haven't noticed any adverse effects as far as fat gain.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Also on that cable reverse fly lift, like you I never really felt that. What I do on occasion is set a small incline on a flat bench. Then lie face down and use dumbbells. Basically like a reverse chest fly.

I definitely feel those in my rear delts.
I played around with it. I tried doing both arms at once the way Glass demonstrated and it just felt weird because one arm had to be higher than the other so that the cables would clear each other. This was just very awkward for me at least. I also tried doing one arms at a time, but once again I just couldn't get it to feel right.

I usually just position myself on the edge of a bench and lean over to where my back is about parallel to the floor, and do my reverse flies in that manner.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Friday, July 18, 2008 - Quads & Tri's

Front Squats

205 x 12
215 x 12
225 x 8

Smith Squats

2 plates x 15
2 plates x 15

Leg Extensions

150 x 15
170 x 15
170 x 15

Close Grip Bench

195 x 10
205 x 8
205 x 8

Skulls

90 x 10
90 x 9
90 x 8

Dips

Post Workout Thoughts

I felt like absolute **** today for some reason. Don't know why, just did. As a result my numbers on my lifts were way down. I felt decent when I got to the gym, but after my first set of front squats I could already tell it was going to be a bad day. I was just completely dead. By the end of the workout I was just going through the motions.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Saturday, June 19, 2008

Calves and Traps

Calve Raises On Leg Press Supersetted With Barbell Shrugs

3 plates x 25 & 135 x 30
4 plates x 20 & 185 x 25
4 plates x 18 & 225 x 20
4 plates x 15 & 275 x 8
4 plates x 13 & 275 x 7

Seated Calf Presses & 45 lb Shrugs

I don't know & 45 x 30
I don't know & 45 x 30
I don't know & 45 x 30
I don't know & 45 x 30

Post Workout Thoughts

Had an extremely busy afternoon planned for Saturday, so I had to hit the gym fairly early. The gym where I workout at is at my college and there is essentially two different gyms. I usually workout in the older one as it has heavier weights, more serious lifters, and is less crowded, but on the weekends the older part doesn't open until after lunch, so I was forced to use the newer gym.

The newer gym is essentially an elaborate collection of fancy cardio equipment, with a few machines and weights thrown in where they could fit them. Dumbells don't go above 60 lbs and the machines are so fancy and weird looking you would think they belong on a spaceship.

So with my limitations as far as equipment and time I still managed to get in a pretty good workout. Focused on higher reps this workout as I feel I get better results in both my traps and calves when I stay in the higher rep ranges. Plus the limitations in weights made it hard to go heavy even if I had wanted to. In case it's confusing, for the shrugs with the plates, I simply grapped a 45 lb plate with each hand and proceeded to do shrugs using them.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
As for my plans for the near future, I'm planning on starting a cycle next Monday (week from today). The cycle will be a short cycle, 3 weeks, of SD (the original AX) and Methoxy-TST. I'll keep the SD dosed low, most likely no higher than 20 mg in an effort to avoid the nasty sides and shutdown associated with SD, along with hopefully making my gains more retainable.

The last 6 weeks or so I've been working in the lower rep range, but starting next week I'm going back to the 8 to 12 rep range. I'll probably incorporate some more supersets, along with shorter rest times as well.

Once the cycle is over, I will drop my volume a little for PCT and most likely continue working in the 8 to 12 rep range throughout the duration of PCT and will continue that way until I feel the need to change.

Once PCT is over, I will begin the planning of my next cycle. It will consist of test, along with a d-bol kickstart. It will be my first run with real gear and I couldn't be more excited. Hopefully I'll be able to begin this cycle near the end of the year. I may potentially have to wait until right after new years to start if I feel that family and life's obligations (traveling, etc) could potentially get in the way, but I have some time to plan. I already have my gear, just waiting to finish working out the details.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Monday, July 21, 2008

Chest & Tri's

Barbell Bench

225 x 8
255 x 8
265 x 7
275 x 5
285 x 3 (assisted on third rep)

Incline Barbell Bench

175 x 8
185 x 8
195 x 7
205 x 5

Flat Dumbbell Bench

90 x 10
90 x 8
90 x 7

Skulls + Close Grip Presses

90 x 12 + 10
90 x 10 + 10
90 x 9 + 10
50 x 15 + 15 (very slow and controlled)

Pushdowns

120 x 12
120 x 11
120 x 10 + 84 x 6 + 48 x 12

Post Workout Thoughts

Kick ass workout! Weights on bench press felt heavy to begin with, but got better as I continued. I allowed my reps to drop a little bit lower on the flat bench on the last set than I would have liked, but it felt good to put 285 on and push out 3 reps. I had great energy throughout the workout and I was drenched in sweat by the time I was finished.

I haven't normally been doing tri's after chest, but my workout partner wanted to today so I figured I would. It went great and I think I might stick with chest and tri's on Mondays for the next several weeks. I'll either throw bi's in tomorrow with back and hams, or on Thursday with shoulders.

Just for clarification, on the skull crushers, the way I usually perform these is to perform the regular extension part of the exercise and once I have reached my target number of reps, or simply cannot pump out another rep, I'll then go straight into a close grip press using the same weight.

Weight upon waking: 196.5 lbs

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back

Clings

135 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8

Deadlifts

225 x 8
315 x 8
285 x 8
405 x 7
315 x 12

Pulldowns (w/ palms facing each other)

108 x 12
132 x 13
156 x 8
156 x 8 + 84 x 7

Upright Rows

115 x 10
135 x 8
145 x 6
115 x 12

Barbell Rows

135 x 10 (Overhand Grip) + 10 (Underhand Grip)
135 x 10 (Overhand Grip) + 8 (Underhand Grip)
135 x 10 (Underhand Grip) + 8 (Overhand Grip)

Post Workout Thoughts

Another awesome workout!

I have just started working out with a new guy and it's working out really well, but we still haven't completely gotten on the same page as far as exercises and groupings of bodyparts, so that is why my days aren't necessarilly consistent from one week to another. However, I enjoy having someone to workout with, especially since this guy is bigger than me and has me beat in every lift other than deadlift, so it's some extra drive and motivation on every exercise to try and pump out another rep or two in order to try and not be outdone.

He likes to do clings and to be honest, I've never enjoyed them, but I haven't done them since sophomore or junior year of high school. My partner talked me into doing them today and to be honest I actually enjoyed them. I didn't go above 135 simply because I was simply trying to find my stroke so to speak. Back when we did them in high school, they were done using rubber plates and everyone basically tried to bounce the weight off the floor to see how much weight they could do, so it's no wonder I never felt as if they were effective. However, we're doing them much more controlled and focused. Starting with the weight on our thighs/hips and clinging it up from there. No cheating. We'll probably continue to include these in our back workouts for a while.

Deadlifts have been going really well lately and have been literally increasing weekly, and today was no exception. I added 20 pounds to my second to last set and still managed to pull 8 reps, and I stuck with 405 for me last set (same as last week), and managed to add 2 reps this week for a total of 7 reps. I have only been really working deadlifts again for the last two months probably and this is the most serious I've ever attacked them. I expect these numbers to fly up in the next coming weeks, especially being on cycle.

For my pulldowns I used the straight bar with handles on the end (so palms are facing one another). I got the idea from a training video I saw with Charles Glass. He said his goal for this exercise was to really work the lower lats, and I could definitely feel it. I kept my back completely straight up and down and used no momentum throughout the motion. The trick is to use a lighter weight that you can control and to concentrate on bringing the bar down as far as possible so that you can really get a good contraction in your lower lats. Using this bar allows you to pull much deeper and get a better contraction in the lower lats than with a standard pulldown bar.

On the barbell rows, we stuck with lighter weights as our backs were already pretty sore, especially lower, and I would like to remain injury free (who wouldn't???). We did three sets, supersetting over and under hand grips. The first two sets I did overhand grip first and then immediately went into underhand rows. The third set I reversed it doing underhand first, followed by overhanded. I felt these really good, as with the lighter weight I was able to really focus on each and every contraction.

This slightly concerns me as I've stopped gaining weight even though I'm consuming nearly 5000 calories a day. I'm not overly concerned however as my strength is continuing to climb. Plus the bodyweight has only stopped increasing for the last week or week and a half so maybe I'm just in a rut. Plus I know once I begin cycle next week I won't have any problem gaining weight.

Also I'm going to be writing up a new diet either sometime this week or this weekend that I'll stick to during my cycle and PCT. Probably boost calories up to somewhere around 5500 to 6000 a day, so I'm not really concerned about not being able to gain weight.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you usually keep your macro ratios at?

Its nice having a partner (missing my old gym buddies). You seem to be doing quite well strength wise even off cycle. Maybe delay the start of it? I shouldnt talk though, lol.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
What do you usually keep your macro ratios at?
When I'm eating closer to maintenance cals, I tend to keep close to the standard 40/40/20 breakdown (P/C/F), but when I'm eating way above maintenance as I am now, I don't feel the need for quite so many carbs or fats (percentage wise). In other words when I rework my diet later this week, it will probably come out closer to 50/35/15.

In my mind I am getting more than enough carbs in for growth (35% of 6000 comes out to 525 grams of carbs) and I feel those extra 5% won't do much more than add some fat. I know some will say that 50% protein is too high, but in my case I've found it works. In my mind those 5000 or 6000 calories have to come from somewhere and I'd rather have some more of those extra calories coming from protein sources than carbs. I also feel that there is plenty of fats at 15% (100 grams on a 6000 calorie diet) when consuming such large quantities of food for them to perform there needed functions in the body.

Its nice having a partner (missing my old gym buddies).
I definitely agree. I had a good workout partner for the last two years, but we have kind of decided to take our training in different directions. I want size and he wants strength. Plus we began to have lots of timing conflicts and had trouble finding times that were convenient for both of us.

Now I have someone who has similar goals and is available at the same times I am, so it works out very nice. I have only started working out with him the last three weeks and I can already tell a difference.

You seem to be doing quite well strength wise even off cycle. Maybe delay the start of it? I shouldnt talk though, lol.
This thought had actually crossed my mind. I was debating waiting until I hit a rut to start my cycle. I'm definitely looking forward to the cycle, but it certainly won't kill me if I was to decide to put it off a couple weeks. As long as I am continuing to make gains on both the scale and with the weights then I'm content. However, then that little voice creeps into my head and says "What the hell are you waiting for! You might gain 10 pounds on your deadlift in the next month naturally, or you could gain 50 in that same amount of time."

So I'm still debating. Any one else have any thoughts or opinions on the matter??? What would you do Royd?

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bi's and Calves

Barbell Curls Supersetted With Calf Presses (Leg Press)

85 x 10 + 2 Plates x 20
95 x 7 + 2 Plates x 20
95 x 7 + 2 Plates x 20
95 x 6 + 2

Dumbbell Curls Supersetted With Calf Presses With Toes Pointed Out (Leg Press)

35 x 9 + 2 Plates x 20
40 x 7 + 2 Plates x 20
50 x 6 + 2 Plates x 20
35 x 8

Preachers (very slow and controlled) Supersetted With Calf Presses With Toes Pointed In (Leg Press)

70 x 10 + 2 Plates x 20
70 x 9 + 2 Plates x 20
70 x 8 + 2 Plates x 20

Post Workout Thoughts:

Decent workout at best. Not much else to say. Got a good pump in my calves and a decent one in my tri's. Personally I hate bi's, as I'm rarely able to get a good pump in them, I've read some interesting things though lately that I'm going to try out these next couple weeks to see if I can't stimulate some more growth.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, July 25, 2008

Shoulders

Seated Barbell Military Press

165 x 10
175 x 10
185 x 9
195 x 5 or 6

Standing Lateral Raises

25 x 15
30 x 15
30 x 15
30 x 12

Bent Over Reverse Flies

20 x 15
25 x 15
25 x 15
25 x 15

Seated Front Raises

30 x 15
30 x 15
30 x 15

Barbell Shrugs

135 x 20
225 x 20
225 x 20
225 x 20
225 x 20
225 x 20

Post Workout Thoughts:

Another awesome workout. My strength continues to climb. The addition of a workout partner lately has been incredible. So much more driven to lift when your competing with someone. Plus it's nice to know that if you need it, you have someone there who you feel comfortable with spotting you. Since I workout at my college gym, the majority of the people in the gym I'm not overly confident could get the weight up if they had to spot me. Looks at the increase on the military press from last week to this week. 175 x 9 last week and now 185 x 9 and 195 x 5 this week.

Weight upon waking: 197.5 lbs

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thats a very nice increase. I like having a trainer just for that reason. She brings out my competitive side and I push harder. It also make the gym easier to go to when you are tired, knowing someone else is counting on you to be there.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Well guys it looks like I'm going to be gone for the weekend. Got an invitation to head down to the beach with a couple friends and go deep sea fishing. That's a can't miss situation for me. So you probably won't hear from me until Sunday evening sometime. Don't worry though I'll be taking food and supplements with some I kind eat "somewhat" healthy, at least get a sufficient number of calories in, and continue to preload for my cycle which starts Monday!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this log looks really well done. sorry to be droppin in a lil late. better late then never. whats in the cycle? is there one?

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
this log looks really well done. sorry to be droppin in a lil late. better late then never. whats in the cycle? is there one?
Glad to have you here PP. Yes there is a cycle, it actually starts tomorrow. It's going to be three weeks of Superdrol (the original) and Methoxy-TST.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Very nice log thus far bro. Thanks for the invite. Just like Royd, I too wish I had a training partner. There's so many good things to come from it. More ambition, aggression, being competitive, make the gym a lil more fun, etc. I'm currently doing DC training, so I would really rather have a partner than have to do most exercises on the goddamn smythe machine, lol. Good luck on the cycle bro, and i'm VERY interested to see if the M-TST really acts like a test PH. Let's see if it keeps lethargy, bad libido, etc, at bay :thumbsup: Get your swoll on son!! :bb3:

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Very nice log thus far bro. Thanks for the invite. Just like Royd, I too wish I had a training partner. There's so many good things to come from it. More ambition, aggression, being competitive, make the gym a lil more fun, etc. I'm currently doing DC training, so I would really rather have a partner than have to do most exercises on the goddamn smythe machine, lol. Good luck on the cycle bro, and i'm VERY interested to see if the M-TST really acts like a test PH. Let's see if it keeps lethargy, bad libido, etc, at bay :thumbsup: Get your swoll on son!! :bb3:
Good to see you here bro and yes having a training partner has been working out great. I've finally found someone who has the same goals and drive as far as bodybuilding is concerned. DC looks like it could be very promising. Dante definitely knows his stuff and I'll probably give DC a try one day. DC would definitely be a little challenging without a workout partner. Just make sure you stay safe bro.

Like you said, hopefully the M-TST will help contradict some of the sides of the SD, especially the lethargy, as that's one of the main reasons I decided to run it alongside the SD. Hopefully it will take care of any libido problems as well, but as of now that's not really a concern for me :sad:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SUBBED!! Thanks for the invite homie!! Log looks absolutely great. Very well organized. Very much different than mine are!! lol I'm excited about your cycle here bro. Started this morning, right? Oh fukk yeah!! It's going to be fun for sure. You'll like the addition of the Methoxy TST on this thing. It really does act like a Test base for your other orals. It will combat the lethargy of Super-Drol. I have a great mood the whole time I use TST. It did for sure help maintain libido for me even on this last run which had TRN in it. And TRN is notorious for libido killing. Mine was awesome the whole cycle through. And now a week into PCT, I'm a raging horn-dawg!! How are planning on dosing the TST? Just curious. I could give you some pointers. I've used it like 4 times now. Love it!! Cheap but effective. Tripdog turned me on to the whole TST experience! Rock dis beeyatch TT!! :head:

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys. The cycle has officially begun. I took my first SD this morning and I'm already up 5 pounds! Well, not really, but I wish it worked that fast haha. But yes it has begun and I will continue to keep you updated. The Methoxy-TST will be taken later today closer to my workout so I can enjoy the full benefits of it's anabolic effects. Today's workout will be chest and possibly bi's or tri's depending on what I decide.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys. The cycle has officially begun. I took my first SD this morning and I'm already up 5 pounds! Well, not really, but I wish it worked that fast haha. But yes it has begun and I will continue to keep you updated. The Methoxy-TST will be taken later today closer to my workout so I can enjoy the full benefits of it's anabolic effects. Today's workout will be chest and possibly bi's or tri's depending on what I decide.
You can ask Tripdog or Trauma1 on this, but you should take at least 3 caps of the TST 2 hours before your workout for the androgenic rage it will provide for your training. I usually take 5 or 6 myself. Trip says he takes 6 caps as well. You have to take it at least 2 hours before though. Trauma waits for 3 hours. It kicks in slowly. But then it hits fukkin' hard!! :twisted::aargh:

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
You can ask Tripdog or Trauma1 on this, but you should take at least 3 caps of the TST 2 hours before your workout for the androgenic rage it will provide for your training. I usually take 5 or 6 myself. Trip says he takes 6 caps as well. You have to take it at least 2 hours before though. Trauma waits for 3 hours. It kicks in slowly. But then it hits fukkin' hard!! :twisted::aargh:
I was planning on taking 12 mg (6 pills) about 2 or 3 hours before my workout just like you mentioned, so all is good on that front. I've seen enough of your logs to realize thats the sweet spot :thumbsup:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
I was planning on taking 12 mg (6 pills) about 2 or 3 hours before my workout just like you mentioned, so all is good on that front. I've seen enough of your logs to realize thats the sweet spot :thumbsup:
6 caps of TST 2hrs pre-wo FTW!!!! :aargh: you will fvckin LOVE your session today bro, lol.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Better late then never.

I'm watching you :ntome:

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - Monday, July 28, 2008

Chest & Tri's

Barbell Bench

225 x 10
255 x 7
265 x 5
275 x 3 (assisted)

Incline Barbell Bench

175 x 10
185 x 8
195 x 6
225 x 4 (assisted)

Close Grip Bench On Smith

185 x 11
225 x 8
225 x 6
185 x 12

Skulls + Presses

90 x 10 + 10
90 x 9 + 10
90 x 8 + 8
50 x 15 + 20

Rope Pushdowns

72 x 12
72 x 12
72 x 10 + 36 x 8

Post Workout Thoughts

Sucked! Well I've had worst, but it definitely wasn't the workout I was expecting or that I desired, but I guess it was just one of those days. Bench was lower today and simply put the weights just felt extremely HEAVY. Incline went a little better, but still not great. Mixed it up a little bit with the close grips and I've never actually done them on a smith so I can't compare those numbers, but the rest of my my numbers were all down today. It's probably safe to assume that my weekend of bad dieting and a day in which I spent 14 straight hours on a boat with the sun beating down on me probably didn't help. Oh well, soon the SD will have kicked in and I'll be destroying the weights.

Weight upon waking: 195.5 lbs (down a little, most likely due to my weekend)

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Just a little update as I'm bored here at work. Weight was back up this morning to 197. Nothing to do with the SD, just by body bouncing back from the weekend. My body should be back in full swing today, so I'm ready to destroy some deadlifts.

Question for bassgod, thundergod, and anyone else who has used M-TST, how long did it take before you started feeling the effects of M-TST?

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Takes about 2hrs for the TST to kick in. TripDog says 2hrs for him, Trauma1 says he takes it 3hrs pre-wo. I take it 2hrs pre-wo myself. The effects are noticed the very first time you use it. You won't notice anything until you begin to lift though. Then you'll be like "I am going to throw this FVCKING DB through THAT WALL!!!" :aargh: lol, but seriously, that is how you will feel. I LOVE THE SHYT!!! STrength will increase, as well as aggression, vascularity, and insane pumps. :bb3:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't wait to see those Dead lift numbers.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back

Pullups

Deadlifts

225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 6
425 x 3
315 x 12

Barbell Rows

185 x 10
185 x 10
185 x 10
185 x 10

Pulldowns (with hands facing one another)

108 x 10
132 x 10
144 x 10
144 x 8
144 x 7 + 96 x 7 + 60 x 15

Post workout thoughts:

Pretty good workout today. I definitely think I was feeling some of the effects of the M-TST because I was in a whole other world in the time leading up to the gym. I couldn't wait to get into the gym and pull deads. That being said though, I was kind of disappointed with my reps on my 405 and 425 sets. Maybe the jump from 315 to 405 was too much. Anyways, the rest of the workout went very well. Tomorrow will more than likely be an off day as I have some moving to do, but Thursday I will be in the gym full force for a brutal shoulder workout. If I have time though I'll probably try to sneak in a workout.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn man I'm subbed!I meant to get here sooner,but forgot all about it.I didn't have the time when I recieved your PM.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
My nips seem to be a little sensitive, or at least my right one, which I've had problems with before. It could be simply be me being overly cautious though as I've known myself to do so. But just to be fast, as soon as I get back from work I'm going to start taking my P-5-P as I'm sure if there really is anything going on it's progesterone or prolactin related. I may also run a low dose of Nolva too throughout the rest of the cycle just to be safe. Any thoughts?

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
My nips seem to be a little sensitive, or at least my right one, which I've had problems with before. It could be simply be me being overly cautious though as I've known myself to do so. But just to be fast, as soon as I get back from work I'm going to start taking my P-5-P as I'm sure if there really is anything going on it's progesterone or prolactin related. I may also run a low dose of Nolva too throughout the rest of the cycle just to be safe. Any thoughts?
Sensitive is fine, painful is when you need to take action. If ANYTHING, just use the p-5-p. Do NOT start nolva. There is NO need since SD is an AI. It is prolactin related if indeed there is anything wrong. I would honestly wait and see what happens tomorrow, but they're your nips, so do what you will.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Sensitive is fine, painful is when you need to take action. If ANYTHING, just use the p-5-p. Do NOT start nolva. There is NO need since SD is an AI. It is prolactin related if indeed there is anything wrong. I would honestly wait and see what happens tomorrow, but they're your nips, so do what you will.
Yep no pain, just some sensitivity or possible over-analysis on my part. Either way I'm going to start taking the P-5-P today and then see what happens from there.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deadlifts

225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 6
425 x 3
315 x 12

Those are great numbers and for someone who only weighs 197lbs. That's almost ver batum, where I was last summer and in my circle of friends I have the strongest dead lift. Great job! Your relative dead lift strength is uncommonly high.

Edit: Before I injured myself (on rows!), I pulled 495lbs x 2, I think you'll be right there soon enough. My dead lift strength was oddly disproportionate to everything else. My workout partner, with a clearly stronger back on everything else couldn't pull 405lbs more then 2 or 3 times, but 405 was cake for me. I think you have that odd dead lift strength too.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Those are great numbers and for someone who only weighs 197lbs. That's almost ver batum, where I was last summer and in my circle of friends I have the strongest dead lift. Great job! Your relative dead lift strength is uncommonly high.

Edit: Before I injured myself (on rows!), I pulled 495lbs x 2, I think you'll be right there soon enough. My dead lift strength was oddly disproportionate to everything else. My workout partner, with a clearly stronger back on everything else couldn't pull 405lbs more then 2 or 3 times, but 405 was cake for me. I think you have that odd dead lift strength too.
Thanks for the kind words Volcom! 495 x 2 is an awesome deadlift all in itself. Let that back fully heal and you'll be back moving huge poundages of the floor in no time.

I'll definitely have to say that I love deadlifts. I've really only been doing them hard for a couple months now and it's quickly become my favorite exercise. Who doesn't love moving a lot of weight around? Me and the deadlift get along very well as ever since I added them my numbers have just continued to climb. I've always had extremely strong ham's and glutes so I'm sure that's a big part of it. Deadlifts are the only lift where I can actually outlift my workout partner. Like you said in your case, the guy I workout with is stronger on all other back exercises, but for some reason I have him beat on deads.

I've never really thought of myself being that good at them though because the only people I've ever had to compare myself to were the powerlifters at my gym back home. You have to realize we have a very serious powerlifting group there, so there is several guys pulling in the 700 and 800 range. There was a cool video I found online one time of one of the guys at my gym doing 600 x 8 like it was a warmup set. It was cool because you could see me off in the background with my jaw hanging.

Anyways, I hope to see 5 plates myself before too long :head:

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dont even bother with b6/p-5-p imo. Just get caber if you think its prolactin related. Your running SD only correct?

I almost feel as though SD gives me a diuretic type effect that first 8 or so days. Dry and hard.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd agree you have good DL #'s. I love them as well however I have a tendency to be lazy with keeping my hips loose and stretched and overtime I have to lay off the deads as my hips start to get WAY to tight. Stretching is the one thing I hate most....

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Dont even bother with b6/p-5-p imo. Just get caber if you think its prolactin related. Your running SD only correct?

I almost feel as though SD gives me a diuretic type effect that first 8 or so days. Dry and hard.
No I'm running SD and Methoxy-TST. The problem is that no one actually knows whats in M-TST, but everyone agrees that it's highly androgenic, so I guess it is possible that's causing the problems.

Never ran caber and don't have any on hand. I've taken some P-5-P and I'll reevaluate the situation.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I'd agree you have good DL #'s. I love them as well however I have a tendency to be lazy with keeping my hips loose and stretched and overtime I have to lay off the deads as my hips start to get WAY to tight. Stretching is the one thing I hate most....
Thanks man. I'll have to make sure I continue to stretch so I don't run into your problem. :thumbsup: