RenegadeRows Journal

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
This will be a scattered and cluttered journal of sorts. Enjoy the ride if you can hang on.

-
Age/Stats/Pics/Goals/Etc
24 / 5'8" / 156lbs / Training for 3 years seriously
Goals: Constantly lean bulk. Lift heavy, eat a little above maintenance. Slow and steady wins the race.

Style: Constantly changes. Me and my workout partner usually have 3 workouts: Push / Pull / Legs. We are constantly inventing new ways of pushing ourselves and will jump around from high volume bodyweight exercises to cluster sets of heavy weight. I'm not going to post numbers of the weight I use because it's really not that important to me, personally. I increase the intensity various ways and always make sure to put 110% into a workout.

-
Nutrition / Supplements
I primarily use CONTROLLED LABS products to fuel my fire. I try to get a macro of 40/40/20 but it is hard for me to get my diet in check because of various circumstances. I do the best I can with what I have.

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
6/29

I'm gonna catch up on the past two workouts.

6/29: Pull

Deadlifts 5 sets of 3
Chinups 5 sets of 10
BB Rows 5 sets of 7
Lateral Raises 3 sets of 15
Shrugs 3 sets of 30
Buddy curls total of 132 reps

Thoughts
I actually trained legs about 4 hours previous to this workout. I just did a number of squats and calf raises. My deadlifts were weak due to this. However my chins were strong with good form, as well as my rows. I was nice and sore the 'day after'.

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/1

7/1: Push

Pre Workout:
2 scoops GlycerGROW
1 scoop Green MAG + 2 scoops Purple WRAATH

Insanity peppers:
Cluster sets of 3RM bench press, did 10 sets
Incline flyes 3 sets of 20+ reps with low weight
Skullcrushers chicken: 5 sets
Dips supersetted with pushups: not that many :p

Post workout: Golden FinisH

Thoughts
This workout was crazy and I was completely spent afterwards. If your wondering what I mean when I refer to 'chicken', it's basically me and my lifting partner grab dumbells and do an exercise at the same time and see which one fails first. It's a great way to motivate you to go to complete failure.

The dips were really hard at the end, I could only manage 5 or 6 reps. We supersetted these with pushups and went at a fast pace.

On a personal note, lately I've had to deal with alot of emotional pain from various sources. I've completely zoned out and focused all of that negative energy into lifting. It's left me a bit tired and beaten down but the gains I've made in the past few months have been really good.

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Do you work out at home?

And dips really take it out of me at the end of a workout which is why I like to do weight dips at the start.
Thanks for stopping in!

Yes I have free weights, squat rack, dumbells and bench in my basement, as well as a power-tower in my garage (the picture.) Basic weights is all I use, no machines. I also like bodyweight exercises, and like to combine the two.

Sometimes I do dips at first, depending on how I'm feeling. I like them at the end because, if you work chest and triceps together, this exercise hits both of them and is a nice ending to my workout.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
So my supplement regiment lined up for everyone to see:

Preworkout:
Green MAGnitude / Purple WRAATH / GlycerGROW

Postworkout:
Golden FinisH + small meal

Other honorable mentions:
Orange TRIad throughout the day, Nectar fuzzy navel or iced tea funneled into my water bottles throughout the day. White BLOOD 2 or 3 caps before bed only. Resveratrol + Glucosamine in the morning. Fish oil 2-3g per day with meals.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/3

7/3 - Legs

Squats - 10 sets of 10
Calf raises - 5 sets of 75 bodyweight

Thoughts
the glycergrow really put an amazing pump in my legs today. that combined with extreme stretching post workout has me feeling pretty great about my wheels. tomorrow is the 4th of july, but they are making me work in the morning so the weights dont get a day off either. :thumbsup:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Hows it going there bud? I thought I would drop in on this one as well. I'll be watching ya. BTW...there is nothing better for motivation than emotional pain...you have the right idea of using the process of transference...turn a negative into a positive and kick some ass! Keep working hard bud always keep your head up.

Cheers!:cheers:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hows it going there bud? I thought I would drop in on this one as well. I'll be watching ya. BTW...there is nothing better for motivation than emotional pain...you have the right idea of using the process of transference...turn a negative into a positive and kick some ass! Keep working hard bud always keep your head up.

Thanks for dropping in my man!!!! :pizza:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Locked IN!
Unload the clip, my friend... unload the friggin' clip!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Getting ready for pull. Not feeling the deadlifts today due to sore hammies from squats yesterday.

Dosed 1 scoop GM + 2 scoops GG + 64oz water

Pump up video

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/4

happy 4th

7/4 - Pull

BB Rows - 7 sets of 7
Chinups - 5 sets of 12
Inverted rows - 5 sets of 10
Lateral raises - 3 sets of 10
Shrugs - 3 sets of 25
DB curls - 3 sets of 15

Thoughts
Having a hard time typing cuz of the damn pump, HAH. Good workout today. I wasn't into the deadlifts because I did legs yesterday, but I had a great upper body pull session. Found my chins to be harder than normal, perhaps because I did rows first or weight gain (2lbs.) I WISH I COULD LOOK THIS WAY ALL THE TIME! I was very happy with the mirror today, the combination of traps + biceps made a very appealing reflection. I have to focus on rows to get a thicker back though.

No fear in the gym, go raw at it 100%. Block every thought out except getting bigger, lifting more intense weights. If you want results, you have to work hard. Shut up and lift

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/5

7/5 - Push

Pre workout: 1 scoop GM + 2 scoops GG

Bench press - 10 sets of 5
Dips - 7 sets of 20

Thoughts
Had an abbreviated workout today, due to a BBQ and lifting alone. I wanted to get in a workout before taking tomorrow off and consuming calories this afternoon. I think it went well, my dips and bench both felt strong. I also got a session of extreme stretching in at the end.

Cool down video

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/7

7/7 - 200 rep challenge

1 scoop Purple wraath + 1 scoop GlycerGROW + 1 scoop Green MAGnitude + 100mg Caffeine

100 pullups
alternated with:
100 dips

Thoughts
It was about 90 degrees today and doing this workout in my garage had me sweatin like a whore in church. I would do 15 pullups, 15 dips, 10 pullups, 10 dips, alternating as fast as i could until I reached 100 reps of each. It's a nice shocker to throw in every now and then. It's harder than you think
:whip:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Took yesterday and today off. It's very humid here, and I'm house sitting so I'm gettting in some much needed R&R. I also began a Yellow nEurphoria regiment, every few days dosing it for cortisol & stress relief. So far it's working, I feel refreshed. Be back tomorrow with some updates.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/10

7/10 - Upper Body

Supplements
50mg caffeine
PW + GM + GG
Golden FinisH post workout

Workout
Deadlifts supersetted with Bench press - 5 sets
BB Rows supersetted with OH press - 5 sets
Incline flyes supersetted with Lateral raises - 3 sets
DB Curls supersetted with skullcrushers - 3 sets
Inverted rows supersetted with pushups - 3 sets

Thoughts
Todays workout was very intense. It was very hot, and we went at it hard, with little rest inbetween sets. A great cardio workout too. We are very good friends and push eachother very hard. Ending with the bodyweight exercises was key. Really burned us out.

Video

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good to see you working RR, keep it going

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Am I freakin sore today. My whole upper body, and even my glutes and hammies are screaming at me. I'm hoping to get out of work early, consume massive amounts of Purple WRAATH / Protein / FOOD and take a long nap. Then wake up and take some Yellow nEuphoria. I had planned on working squats today, but that might have to wait until tomorrow. :frustrate

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mmmmmm, Purple Wraath... This has replaced my Xtend.
Don't push it; just hit squats tomorrow, and throw in some squat jumps.
Keep killin' it, man!
Am I freakin sore today. My whole upper body, and even my glutes and hammies are screaming at me. I'm hoping to get out of work early, consume massive amounts of Purple WRAATH / Protein / FOOD and take a long nap. Then wake up and take some Yellow nEuphoria. I had planned on working squats today, but that might have to wait until tomorrow. :frustrate

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Mmmmmm, Purple Wraath... This has replaced my Xtend.
Don't push it; just hit squats tomorrow, and throw in some squat jumps.
Keep killin' it, man!
Gonna take your advice and hit the squats tomorrow when I'm fly and fresh.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/12

7/12 - Legs

Me and my buddy did legs today. Nothing preworkout.

10 x 10 squats
10 x 10 calf raises
stretching + xingyi practice

then we drove our friend to the airport, came back and did
3 caps WHITE BLOOD

100 burpees

Thoughts
Yesterday was an erratic workout day. We basically had a second workout to do for the helluva it. Dog day saturdays. Been dosing Yellow nEuphoria and definately helped out with recovery, as well as focus during Xingyi practice (5 element fist kung fu)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/13

7/13 - Upper Body

Pre workout: 2 scoops GlycerGrow, lots of water, 3 white BLOOD caps
Post workout: Golden FinisH

The Workout
Bench supersetted with BB rows
10 sets of 10 Lateral Raises
inverted rows supersetted with pushups
weighted dips supersetted with curls
shrugs 3x20

Thoughts
YES!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice log RR.

How much Res are you taking?
How long have you been using it?
Any benefits and what is your goal with this supplement?

100 pullups! egh
!! Damn son

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Nice log RR.

How much Res are you taking?
How long have you been using it?
Any benefits and what is your goal with this supplement?

100 pullups! egh
!! Damn son

Yes...100 pullups! Not in 1 set though :)
Hard work = Good results!!!

I only take the NOW Res, I think it's only 200mg, 1 cap per day. Haven't noticed much, maybe increase of libido a little bit. I plan on giving Stoked! a try down the road. My goal is to keep estrogen at bay naturally, but not erradicate it.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/14

7/14 - Legs and Abs

Pre: 2 scoops Purple WRAATH

Workout
30 mins Xingyiquan practice
5x10 Squats
2 sets of leg pressing my friend
10 sets of 10 weighted calf raises
5 sets of 10 lunges

Thoughts
Good workout. It's legs, ehh. I had a nice pump and seemed to go up in weight with my squats. I practice Kung fu, a style called Xingyiquan. It's internal style, like Tai chi. Here is a video of an example of the style I practice.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reminds me of that movie ong bak in a way. The part where he is training muy thai I believe. Kool though.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Yes...100 pullups! Not in 1 set though :)
Hard work = Good results!!!

I only take the NOW Res, I think it's only 200mg, 1 cap per day. Haven't noticed much, maybe increase of libido a little bit. I plan on giving Stoked! a try down the road. My goal is to keep estrogen at bay naturally, but not erradicate it.
Yeah thats putting in some work...100 pullups...way to f*ckin work bud!:thumbsup:

I definitely like your thought process as well...Hard Work does = Great Results. The greatest things in life don't come easy! Step up to the challenge and overcome and stand at the top over the wannabes.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats putting in some work...100 pullups...way to f*ckin work bud!:thumbsup:

I definitely like your thought process as well...Hard Work does = Great Results. The greatest things in life don't come easy! Step up to the challenge and overcome and stand at the top over the wannabes.

Inspiring words brother!!! For sure!!!

Gearing up for today's upper body workout. Not quite sure how I switched from push / pull / legs to upper vs. lower, but change is always good!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/16

7/16 - Upper Body

Preworkout
100mg Caffeine + 1 scoop GlycerGROW + 3 Incarnates + 1 scoop Green MAG + 2 scoops Purple WRAATH

Workout
50 dips
50 chinups
5 sets of Bench press supersetted with BB rows (5~ reps each ... heavy weight for me.)
weighted dips (tricep dips) supersetted with DB curls x to failure
Curls and press using dumbells (interesting.)
2 sets of pushups to failure (not too hard to do)

Thoughts
I was pressed for time due to my partner having other stuff to do, so we really cranked up the intensity and tried to hit it hard and fast. The 100mg caffeine really charged me up, along with my usual arsenal of preworkout mayhem. I was running around like a madman, lifting anything I could get my hands on. Meanwhile my poor buddy forgot to take his flaxseed oil today and his shoulder was bothering him. To be honest I could've done more at the end of the workout but I know I fatigued myself quite well. It's hard to rush an upper body workout, there's so many muscles that need to get hit. So just load up the bar and do the biggest movements you can. And did it I did.

:bruce2:

Ran out of Golden Finish (DAMN!) so until I get my hands on some more my post workout will be Whey isolates and food. :(

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn your workouts look tough RR. How many times/week do you workout/lift?

Do you take any deloading periods?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Damn your workouts look tough RR. How many times/week do you workout/lift?

Do you take any deloading periods?
I lift weights about 4-5 times per week. Hit each muscle group hard about twice, or even three times in a matter of 7 days.

I will occasionally take a complete week off when I start to feel beaten down. :) I don't like to deload because i don't like giving it 110% in the gym, so I will just take a complete week off and relax.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/17

7/17 - CORE

Preworkout
1 scoop Green MAG + 2 scoops GlycerGROW + 3 caps Incarnate

Workout
Deadlifts - 4x12 , 3x5 (weight increase)
Leg lifts - 200 (i hate working abs.)

Thoughts
This was a spur of the moment thing. Was supposed to be legs as well, but after we banged out 5 sets of deads that idea went out the window. The deadlifts felt awesome and I'm definately stronger than I was last time I did deads. I hate working abs but leg lifts are great. I don't like situps, I find my lower back gives out before my abs. Any ideas about that????

Video

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/19

7/19 - Upper Body

Pre workout
2 scoops GG + 1 scoop GM + 3 incarnates + 2 scoops PW

Pics

Workout
2 sets of burpees (pushup + pullup) - 15

4 cycles of Circuit:
*Bench Press
*Rows
*Dips
*Bicep Curls
*Lateral Raises

Set of pushups to failure

Thoughts
Today was hot and we changed it up by doing 4 cycles of an upperbody circuit. Very tiring and nice. Took some pics after the workout.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Took yesterday and also today off. Haven't had much energy latley. I think I need to take these 2 days rest up. I also want to re-examine my workouts and tweak my supplements. The combo of GlycerGROW + Green MAG has been bringing my great volumization. Purple WRAATH has been giving me good recovery and endurance. I'm happy with the Incarnate so far as well. My joints feel better and recovery/energy is up there. In a few days I will have Orange TRIad and Golden FinisH which will further aid in joints, immune and recovery. It's strange, a few days after I ran out of Golden FinisH I became tired. Perhaps it was doing more than I thought it was.

As far as tweeking my workouts, I'd like to work on strength and go heavy with low reps for a few consecutive weeks. I will need however today to rest and mentally prepare myself for the battle ahead. I want to take advantage of having the TRIad joint formula + cissus from incarnate and really hammer out some PR's and heavy weight. By the time I burn out on that routine, it will be the start of Autumn and I can start bulking with GVT. :thumbsup:

video of the day

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/21

7/21 - Upper body (emphasis on pull)

Preworkout
1 scoop Green MAG / 1 scoop GlycerGROW / 3 caps Incarnate

Workout
6x6 BB rows
6x6 OH Press
6x6 Weighted WG Pullups

Thoughts
Well I ended up training. I was eager to jump into the heavy weight. The OH Press did a number on my shoulder, but in a good way. I was pretty burnt out from the first two exercises...I love the heavy weight. I did Rippetoe's for a while and saw excellent gains. The squatting 3x week isn't for me though :) lol

Post workout
20g protein isolate + cheeseburger + 3 incarnates

This song pumps me up!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/23

7/23 - Push / Upper Body

Preworkout
1 scoop of GM + 1 scoop of PW + 3 Incarnates + 1 scoop WF

Workout
2 sets of Bench warmup
5 sets of Bench 5 reps
2 sets of Skullcrushers warmup
5 sets of Skullcrushers 5 reps
5 sets of 10 Weighted Dips

Post workout
Golden FinisH + 3 caps of incarnate

Video

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I'll be posting my workout later once I convince my partner to do a HIT workout. Thanks for the good idea Volcom!

PUMP YOU UP!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/25

7/25 - Whole body HIT

Preworkout
1 scoop GM + 1 scoop White FLOOD

Workout
***each set taken to complete FAILURE
1 set of Bench press
1 set of BB rows
1 set of deadlifts
1 set of lateral raises
1 set of BB curls
1 set of Dips
1 set of Chins
1 set of Leg raises

Thoughts
We did a HIT with a hammer full body. Most sets were taken to complete failure via a spotter and rest pause methods. Very taxing and i'm VERY tired right now.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
7/27

7/27 - Legs & Arms

Preworkout
1 scoop GM + 1 scoop White FLOOD + 3 caps Incarnate

Workout
5x5 Squats
5x7 weighted dips
5x7 BB curls
5x10 Reverse DB curls
5x10 tricep kicks

Thoughts
My workout partner wants to do a more traditional BB split and I told him I was down for changing it up. basically a legs/arms/back/chest/shoulders type of split. Like I said in the beginning, it's an erratic log lol. This was our first day of doing arms. I threw in some squats at the beginning because legs have been neglected this week. It was fun training arms, I've been doing a push/pull/legs split for so long, that maybe this change will induce some new growth. :thumbsup: