Rodja's MMA Prep

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've run many logs here, but never one strictly about fight prep. Instead of just focusing on my lifts, running times, etc, I will be providing details about sleep, conditioning sessions, grappling, sparring, etc. I don't diet down to my fighting weight anymore, I pretty much cruise around within cutting range, so my diet will not a topic of major concern. Actually, I am the rare fighter that adds calories while preparing for a fight. I will answer any and all questions about what I eat, but I will not be recording my meals.

Here is the breakdown:
Mon-Arms/Delts, MMA
Tues-Lower/Core, Conditioning, BJJ
Wed-Cardio, MMA
Thur-Chest/Back, conditioning
Fri-Cardio
Sat-MMA, Power/Core

MMA consists of full sparring with takedowns, subs, etc
Cardio is a 3-5 mile run, depending on energy/injury levels
Conditioning is 5, 5-minute rounds of various circuits (e.g. burpees, jump rope, shadow boxing)

Supplements
AP-3/day
Pslin-1 pre-WO
RPM-3, 30 minutes before lifting
BCAAs-20g pre/peri-WO
SuperCarb-25g pre/peri-WO
HEAT-3 caps pre-WO
Chocamine-300mg as needed
Magnesium-200mg before bed
Poseidon-3 scoops/day
Ecdy-500mg/day
ON Whey-40g post lifting

It seems like a lot (ok, it is), but am fortunate to have some help along the way, so there is very little financial burden on me. I am 27 days out as of today from fighting and 26 days before weigh-ins. My cardio is good enough to make it through 3 rounds, but I want to be able to push the pace of the fight the entire time. Injuries are pretty low right now, just a little pain in my right knee and shoulder, but nothing debilitating or restrictive.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Looks like fun dude. Always down for one of your logs.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Maybe consider adding some Cissus RX for joint pain.

Also when do you start backing off of the conditioning? I'm sure you have it all planned out, but stopping the conditioing / weight training 4-5 days before the fight with a huge refeed after weigh-in would do you good.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe consider adding some Cissus RX for joint pain.

Also when do you start backing off of the conditioning? I'm sure you have it all planned out, but stopping the conditioing / weight training 4-5 days before the fight with a huge refeed after weigh-in would do you good.
My last lifting session will be on 7/19 and I will do conditioning until 7/23. The final 48 hours before weigh-ins is all about water/sodium manipulation.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fo sho...this is shaping up to be an exciting log!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
My last lifting session will be on 7/19 and I will do conditioning until 7/23. The final 48 hours before weigh-ins is all about water/sodium manipulation.

What's your strategy for water and sodium manipulation? Low carb, and high sodium, then no sodium / no water?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's your strategy for water and sodium manipulation? Low carb, and high sodium, then no sodium / no water?
Here's the breakdown:
5, 4, 3 days out-2x sodium and water
2 days out-normal water/soduim
20 hours out-no water/food.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I might not be helpfull, but I'll be here.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sleep~7 hours, 30 minute mid-day nap
Meals-6 (6 servings of produce)
Energy Level-8

6/30-Arms/Delts, Sparring
HS Shoulder Press-2x100x6
Smith CG-BP-2x245x8
Cambered Curls/Seated Laterals-115x8, 120x8/2x35x10
Hammer Curls/Overhead DB Extensions-2x55x8/2x80x10
Pressdowns/HS Preacher Curl-2x180x12/2x90x12
Rear Flys/High Cable Curls-3x30x12/2x40x8
Reverse Unilateral Pressdowns/Cable Laterals-50x15/2x30x12

Awesome training session; finished very quickly and had a good pump in my entire arm/delt. Strength numbers were solid and I am not going to be attempting many P.R.'s for a while. I will attempt to increase my reps, but my weights will stay about the same. My weight today was ~186 at the end of my WO, which puts me within my cutting range.

Sparring/Takedowns
3, 5-minute rounds of full-sparring
2 rounds of grappling from the feet

I really felt good throughout the session except for a bout of hypoglycemia at the tail end (damn you AP and your repartitioning). I hyperextended my right knee during my volleyball class today and then I proceeded to bruise the fvck out of my anterior tibialis on the same leg. I have a minor limp, but nothing that will hamper my training too much.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Are you considering joint support? It's not like this is the first time you've done this, but just curious.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you considering joint support? It's not like this is the first time you've done this, but just curious.
I've tried joint support, but they do not alleviate acute pain. I don't really have too much chronic pain and I also still have some arachidonic acid floating in me.

Back to the log:

7/1
Sleep-7 hrs; 30 minute nap
Meals-7 (5 servings produce)
Energy-7

Only training for this day was 20 minutes of punch combinations on the heavy bag. My right knee was not up to conditioning, deadlifts, cardio, or grappling

7/2
Sleep-7.5 hrs; 15 minute nap
Meals-6 (4.5 servings produce)
Energy-8.5

Today was a heavy, balls-out sparring day. I did 7 rounds of full sparring with takedowns and GnP. I was tired as hell by the last 2 rounds, but I refused to quit because I want to be in the best shape that I can. My right knee felt much better, but the anterior tibialis was still sore. I didn't throw too many lead kicks to let the bruise heal and I was really focusing on landing my overhand right, right hook, and straight left.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You better make it on The Ultamate Fighter man!!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Very cool Rodja, best of luck on your training and bouts - I'm sure you'll win.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/3-
Sleep-7.5 hrs; 45 minute nap
Meals-6 (5 servings produce)
Energy-7

Chest, Back
Dips-BW+100x5, BW+90x8 (P.R.)
Underhand BB Rows-2x275x10, 295x8
Flat Flys-3x50x12
Pull-Ups-3xBWx10
HS Flat Press-115x3, 100x8
HS Neutral Grip Rows-170x10, 180x8 (P.R.)
Crossovers/Straight Arm Pulldowns-3x70x12, 3x60x10

DC Stretches

500 yds swimming

Today was finals, so my schedule was a little messed up. I wedged in my lifting between finals and haven't really had adequate time to prepare everything. The actual training session was great. I set a few P.R.'s today (some for reps, some for weight) and had a great anterior/posterior pump. Next week will be much more structured and I will continue to ramp up until 5 days before weigh-ins.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
MMM...interesting. Well since I was following along on your other log I'll monitor this one as well and see I can't give you some support or motivation to help you kick some ass...lol. Seriously though bud it takes a lot of training not just of the body, but the mind as well to be an MMA fighter and I bow my head as a sign of respect for you putting your heart and soul into it. When your next fight comes...instead of going for the knockout...make the motherf*cker tap out...its so much more gratifying having someone tap out in defeat submitting to you as a sign of respect that your the better man and fighter on that day...lol. :D

Cheers bud!:cheers:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/4-
Sleep-9 hrs
Meals-5 (1 serving produce)
Energy-4

I didn't do a damn thing on this day. Ridiculously fatigued for some reason.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/5
Sleep-7 hours
Meals-5 (5 servings produce)
Energy-9

60 minutes open mat BJJ

Clean and Press/Pull-Ups-4x135x5/4xBWx5 (15 sec rest)
Dynamic BP-5x125x3 (10 sec rest)
Trunk Rotations/Weihted Crunches-3x70x10/3x125x35
Hypers/Halos-2xBW+35x12/2x35x12

2.5 mile run (~15 minutes)

This was long training session, it ended up lasting from 11 til 2, but I had a 30 minutes break. I downed a Red Bull and it pushed me through the core and running portions. I felt really powerful and my cardio was great all day. I almost ready to go and I still have about 17 days of training to hammer out. My weight is hovering between 183-186, so I will only have to slightly shift my kcals for the 3 days before weigh-ins.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
7/5
Sleep-7 hours
Meals-5 (5 servings produce)
Energy-9

60 minutes open mat BJJ

Clean and Press/Pull-Ups-4x135x5/4xBWx5 (15 sec rest)
Dynamic BP-5x125x3 (10 sec rest)
Trunk Rotations/Weihted Crunches-3x70x10/3x125x35
Hypers/Halos-2xBW+35x12/2x35x12

2.5 mile run (~15 minutes)

This was long training session, it ended up lasting from 11 til 2, but I had a 30 minutes break. I downed a Red Bull and it pushed me through the core and running portions. I felt really powerful and my cardio was great all day. I almost ready to go and I still have about 17 days of training to hammer out. My weight is hovering between 183-186, so I will only have to slightly shift my kcals for the 3 days before weigh-ins.

Weight looks good. I'm assuming this is morning weight? Personally I don't like letting myself get over 180. It'd be interesting to see one of your fights. I'd be willing to post mine, providing I find some soon. Good luck on your training. Hope you go into the fight injury free.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
That's always an interesting topic for me when it comes to competition, I'd love to see your water-cut/weigh in plans.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight looks good. I'm assuming this is morning weight? Personally I don't like letting myself get over 180. It'd be interesting to see one of your fights. I'd be willing to post mine, providing I find some soon. Good luck on your training. Hope you go into the fight injury free.
I've gotten to the point where I am comfortable all the way up to 187. The most important part is to resist the temptation to eat a bunch bvllshit after weigh-ins and eat lots of clean carbs. What I like to do is to have a Pslin 20 minutes before weigh-ins and then I have a drink with 50 oz of water, 25g SuperCarb, 25g WMS, 20g BCAAs, and 3 servings Poseidon. After that I usually eat some chicken with red potatoes and bananas.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/7
Sleep-7 hrs; 30 min nap
Meals-6 (7 servings produce)
Energy-8

Arms/Delts
Push-Press-185x8
Smith CG-245x10, 275x4 (P.R.)
Cambered Curls/Side Laterals-115x10, 120x6+2/2x35x12
Hammer Curls/Overhead Extensions-2x55x10/2x80x12
Pressdowns/HS Preacher Curls-2x180x12/2x90x12
Rear Flys-2x30x15
Facepulls/Rope Pressdowns-2x110x15/2x110x10

DC Stretches

5 Rounds Sparring

Today/s training went really well as far from a performance perspective. I was a little groggy at the beginning of sparring, but I perked up after about 15 minutes of warm-up. My lifts were solid and my pressing strength has been steadily increasing over the past 4 months or so. My sleep has been a little off lately and I am still adapting to waking up @ 6:30 M-F, so by the time I spar, I have already been up for 12 hours. Luckily, my school schedule has changed to where I am not nearly as physically active and I hope this helps with my recovery. My weight after I was done lifting was ~184 and I would like to keep it around there until 3 days out from weigh-ins. Not too much on the injury side of things outside of the usual suspects (right shoulder), although I need to train smarter at this point because I keep re-aggravating my right anterior tibialis by throwing bad kicks and hitting elbows. Painful, but not a hindrance...well for now at least. Luckily, this is not my power leg and I still my burst in my punches.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/8-
Sleep-7.5 hrs
Energy-7.5

Deads, Core
DL-315x5, 335x5, 365x3 (no straps, only chalk and belt)
Hanging Leg Raises/Halos-3xBWx15/3x35x12

3 Rds Conditioning Drills

I was horribly crunched for time this day and will have to go to BJJ on Thursday instead. Other than that, I felt good and my cardio was also solid. The only negative part was that I tried to shoot a double and my right leg gave out (my anterior tibialis couldn't support the weight), but it wasn't painful or didn't exacerbate the injury.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/8
Sleep-7.5 hrs
Energy-7.5

Deads/Core
DL-315x5, 335x5, 365x3 (chalk and belt only)
Hanging Leg Raises/Halos-3xBWx15/3x35x12

3 Rds Condtioning

I had to deviate from my schedule today and will have to go to BJJ on Thursday to make up for lost mat time. Strength and cardio felt great and my sleep is also improving. I have started eating oats again as a pre/post WO carb source, but I will try to minimize this consumption to avoid the potential nastiness from oats. My overall kcals have been hovering around 2900-3100, depending on hunger, time, and training load. The only downside to this days training was I tried to shoot a double during my conditioning and my right leg gave out (the anterior tibialis couldn't support the weight), but it didn't worsen the injury, thankfully.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/9
Sleep-7 hrs; 20 minute nap
Meals-5 (4.5 servings produce)
Energy-7.5

Today was just sparring and it went well, considering I cannot shoot off either leg presently. I did about 4 rounds with minimal rest (just enough to wipe off some sweat and get a sip of water). After that I did ~30 minutes of mitt work to tighten up my punches with my new stance. I am also learning some of the tactical advantages of fighting southy and how to dictate the action of the fight. Right tibia/anterior tibialis is still extremely tender and I will be babying it up until the fight. In the meantime, I will be using kicks only using my rear leg (and I have developed a nice front kick over the past few months).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/10
Sleep-7.5 hrs
Meals-6 (6 servings produce)
Energy-8

Chest, Back
Flat BP-185x7
Dips-2xBW+90x8
Pull-Ups-3xBWx8
HS Uni High Row-115x10, 135x8
Flat Flys-3x50x12
HS Neutral Row-180x10, 205x7 (P.R.)
HS Incline-90x10, 115x6
Straight Arm Pulldowns-3x60x12

DC Stretches

This was a great WO from a numbers and pump perspective. As usual, it took me about 10 minutes to snap out of my mid-day fog and then I really got going. I am very sore today, but in that awesome way. Lower back was still tight from deads on Tuesday, so I scrapped BB Rows to not risk any injury. My right tibia/anterior tibialis were too bad to actually do anything MMA specific and/or conditioning. The only thing that I did was work on my punch combinations that I went over on Wednesday night. My weight was about 184 after lifting and I have had a very clean diet the past week. I finally had enough $$ to place an order from NP, so I am set on the BCAA and WMS part.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' good dude.

Hey, you got any pointers for passing butterfly guard of someone who is rediculously good at it?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either. But for the sake of argument, let's say GI.
This kinda hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot:
Keep the torso's separated
Pin hi/her torso down w/ both arms
Slide one hand to their wrist, bring the other arm up to grab a leg
Keeping the wrist pinned, take other arm and slide to under the farside leg
Pull both the wrist and leg (wrist towards your body, leg across the body)
When done with enough burst and properly, you should end up in half-guard or side-mount if you're a really good grappler

This is more of a wrestling move than a BJJ move, but it works.

mth0609

Awards
Lookin' good dude.

Hey, you got any pointers for passing butterfly guard of someone who is rediculously good at it?
Easy pass. fight out of the over hooks by rolling your hands in and posting on his chin and pushing his head away. Next slide down and wrap both hands around his thighs, Deep, like your hands on your elbows then slide down to just above the knee. Suck his legs back and flatten them on the mat, lay on his legs with your BW to keep him from getting them bent. Finally, while holding his legs tight jump pass to either side. If he is real good you may need to fake going to one side and then jump pass to the other.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/11
Sleep-7 hrs
Meals-7 (6 servings produce)
Energy-7

Today was an off day because I had to work from 6 AM-8 PM. I got in plenty of calories and, since I was at a computer, studied my opponents tapes in pain-staking detail. I saw many holes in his game and he really telegraphs his right hand, which is a southy's major concern. I also had a date this night, so I had other things to think about. That being said my cardio is solid and I will be going balls-out until next Saturday and then I will begin the tapering process. My right tibia/anterior tibialis is healing nicely, I just need to make sure that I don't re-injure it over the next 2 weeks.

Also, I had to withdraw from my fight on August 23rd because I have to be at a series of meetings from 8/18-8/22 and would not be able to get to the weigh-ins on time. I practically begged the promoter for a late weigh-in, but he didn't budge.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/12
Sleep-7 hrs
Meals-4 (3 servings produce)
Energy-7

I didn't feel too great today, but I went to practice regardless. Instead of sparring/rolling, I just did technique to focus on guard passes and underhook counters. After I was finished with about 75 minutes of technique, I went for a 5 mile run and finished it in about 30 minutes (in TX heat nonetheless). Felt better as the day went on, but never quite felt good. The girl that I have been talking/dating wants to come see me fight, which is new for me. I've never had a girl that I was dating in the stands during one of my fights.

7/13

Sleep-9 hrs
Meals-5 (4 servings produce)
Energy-5

Still felt a little lethargic, but not in a sickly way. Off day and all I really did was lounge around the house and talk to my girl.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/14-
Sleep-6 hrs; 30 minute nap
Energy-8

Arms/Delts
Push-Press-5x165x5 (30 sec rest)
Cambered Curls/Side Laterals-2x105x10/2x30x12 (45 sec rest)
Smith CG BP-2x215x12 (45 sec rest)
Pressdowns/Hammer Curls-2x180x12/2x45x12 (45 sec rest)
Overhead DB Ex/Arnold Concentration Curl-2x30x10/3x30x10 (30 sec rest
Facepulls-2x120x15 (30 sec rest)

This starts my last week of lifting and, instead of worrying about actual poundages, I went for a session that focused on strength and endurance. I was holding a sh!tload of water and was already drenched by the time I was into my 3rd set of push-press. Let's put it this way, I weighed 189 before lifting and was at 184 by the end of it and God knows how much fluid was on my shirt, so I was probably less than that. It was an awesome session and all I could think about was my opponent and smashing in his face. My forearms took the biggest pounding and they were so full of blood by the end of it that I couldn't even hold myself up from a pull-up station. The only thing that kinda sucks was that my girl was in the gym at the same time and saw me sweating like a fat kid on meth. Oh well, fvck it. Injuries are feeling good and I will have my last hard sparring session on Wednesday.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
7/11
Sleep-7 hrs
Energy-7

Today was an off day because I had to work from 6 AM-8 PM. I got in plenty of calories and, since I was at a computer, studied my opponents tapes in pain-staking detail. I saw many holes in his game and he really telegraphs his right hand, which is a southy's major concern. I also had a date this night, so I had other things to think about. That being said my cardio is solid and I will be going balls-out until next Saturday and then I will begin the tapering process. My right tibia/anterior tibialis is healing nicely, I just need to make sure that I don't re-injure it over the next 2 weeks.

Also, I had to withdraw from my fight on August 23rd because I have to be at a series of meetings from 8/18-8/22 and would not be able to get to the weigh-ins on time. I practically begged the promoter for a late weigh-in, but he didn't budge.
That sucks you had to withdraw bud. :(. Hopefully you get yourself another fight lined up soon. Of course when ya get everything rolling I hope ya kick some ass! :)

Cheers Bud!:cheers:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/15
Sleep-7 hrs
Energy-7

5, 5-minute rounds of circuits (30 sec rest)
15 minutes mitts
2.5 mile run ~14 minutes

Today was a technique/cardio day. I am trying to get my cardio to a new level and am really pushing it this week. I had a mid-day crash at about 2:30, but I pushed through it with a Monster and some good music. Everythings looking good from an injury perspective, although I still cannot shoot off of my right leg. I still have about 10 days, so I hope it gets healthy enough to where I can shoot an inside single. I have really worked on my footwork, especially off of the left hand to set-up other combinations/takedowns.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Hah, didn't notice you turned 24, it's probably been a while but happy birthday man! Your training is looking pretty intense, your run time is up there.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has not been a good 2 day stretch for me. Have felt horrible and my appetite is nil. Weigh-ins are in 7 days and I just hope I feel better by Saturday. I probably won't do jack sh!t this weekend except go to the movies and watch the Affliction PPV.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/20

Quick little synopsis of the past few days: feeling much better, had a solid practice and some good runs. My diet has not been immaculate the past few days and I have had way more stress than I would like to deal with this close to a fight. Tomorrow begins my cutting prep, which is salt/water load til Wednesday and then the restriction begins. I do not have any concerns about making weight and my right leg feels almost healthy. This week will just be light rolling and also mit work, but no live sparring and/or heavy grappling.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/21, 7/22

This week has been a deloading week to be fully charged to go on Saturday. I have also started my salt/water loading and I feel like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. 2 gallons of water with about 3x my normal daily sodium intake will do that to anyone. I will do this until Wednesday night and then the real fun begins as I start the actual cutting of weight through carb/water/sodium depletion. I do not cut them out completely until about 9 PM on Thursday night and then I will wake up at 6 AM and go for a walk for about 30 minutes or so in layers and while chewing some nicotine gum. I'll hit the sauna at about 10AM and be there for about 2.5-3 hours until I'm at 171.

I'm feeling much better and I have been refining technique for takedowns against the cage and there's a new guy at the gym who is a crazy leg-lock specialist, so he has been showing me some sweet kneebars from the bottom to use. There is a fantastic one of half-guard that I am definitely going to try if I get in that position.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
What's your opponent's style? Do you think he's going to stand up with you?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
It seems like a lot (ok, it is), but am fortunate to have some help along the way, so there is very little financial burden on me. I am 27 days out as of today from fighting and 26 days before weigh-ins. My cardio is good enough to make it through 3 rounds, but I want to be able to push the pace of the fight the entire time. Injuries are pretty low right now, just a little pain in my right knee and shoulder, but nothing debilitating or restrictive.
Not to hijack, but are there any sorts of hydration level requirements?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
The step over knee bar from half guard owns. The opponent can defend by crossing their legs, but you can always then transition to an ankle lock or sorts, then when they uncross, you can go back to knee bar.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's your opponent's style? Do you think he's going to stand up with you?
Definitely going to try to keep it standing. I am going to take it to the ground, but I won't be in rush to get it there. I will be patient, but aggressive.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The step over knee bar from half guard owns. The opponent can defend by crossing their legs, but you can always then transition to an ankle lock or sorts, then when they uncross, you can go back to knee bar.
The kneebar I'm talking about is from the bottom of half-guard. You slide the open leg across their hips and go belly down. The key is to use that leg to push them over to their belly with that foot and then sink their foot under your armpit and start cranking away.

No, there are not any hydration requirements. This is a minor debate and I have heard rumors of pushing for a 7% cap, IIRC (e.g. 182 next day cap for a 170 lb weigh-in).

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
A very interesting log. I really like your inclusion of the amount of hours slept and your energy level.

I also couldn't help but notice that it seemed that most of your lowest energy days were right after your longest slept hour days. It could just mean you're just recovering from a much more difficult previous day, but it's still interesting, and something I've been noticing in myself.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A very interesting log. I really like your inclusion of the amount of hours slept and your energy level.

I also couldn't help but notice that it seemed that most of your lowest energy days were right after your longest slept hour days. It could just mean you're just recovering from a much more difficult previous day, but it's still interesting, and something I've been noticing in myself.
My sleep is usually hit or miss. I either sleep very well or not well at all. One thing that I have noticed that really helps is to take one Anagen along with 200mg of magnesium.

Today was my last training session and I really focused on escapes from mount. We drilled 5 different escapes and then I went through the gauntlet where I was in the center and I had to escape mount into at least half-guard. This went on for 3 rounds of 5 people and I was fatigued by this point (plus I am so bloated it's not funny). Then I worked my takedowns against someone that is 6'3", roughly the height of my opponent. I was able to take him down at will with either a shot or a body-lock.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rodja Supplement Logs 41
Rodja Workout Logs 141
Rodja Supplement Logs 71
Rodja Workout Logs 46
Rodja MMA 61