Finally back in the gym / I'm going to appreciate my progress thread :-)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Okay, the title says it all. The last time I touched weights was about 7 months ago. And, even before then, I've been 1-2 months in, 4-6 months out, repeat, since Halloween 2005 (I remember specifically because of an event).

The past few years I've been trying to figure out why I can't bring myself to get back in the gym and stay there. And, simply put, its because I didn't appreciate the progress I was making. I was never satisfied, and that's a very destructive outlook IMHO. So, here I am. I'm at a very busy time in my life, but I'm starting back up anyway because I think its finally that time for me. I don't think I'll be trying to make any all time personal records anytime soon, but I don't care. I just want take care of myself, and receive the mental and physical health benefits associated with the training.

Some all time bests for reference:
----------------------------------------
* Bench: Estimate of 400-420 (was capable of getting 350+ for reps at the time, but never maxed b/c I was afraid of my wrists giving on me).
* Squat: Estimate of about 450 (was repping 370+, but I never maxed b/c I'm a wuss and I really didn't keep up on my squats like I should).
* Deadlift: 500lbs (I stopped doing these after about 3 months. One day of heavy deads would fatigue me for a week).
* Curls: 135lbs for reps on EZ barbell.

My current strength is very pathetic in comparison :toofunny:

Currents stats
------------------
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 210 last I checked.
BF%: I'd guess its around 20+.
Arms (flexed): 16 1/8"
Chest: 48"
Shoulders: 55"
Quads: 26"
Calves: 16 1/4"
Waist: 37.5" (approx)

Current diet
--------------
Nothing too special. I'm just trying to eat half way decent, and get in sufficient cals for "me". Right now on my workout days I'll be getting around 3200 and non workout days around 2800.

Yesterday's breakdown
P 273g
C 351g
F 80g

Mostly dairy, eggs, turkey, protein powders, grapefruit, bananas, and some other boloney.

Training Method
-------------------
Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Back/Bis/(forearms)
OFF
Quads/Hams/Calves
Chest/Shoulder/Tris
OFF
Back/Bis/Forearms
Quad/Hams/Calves
OFF

REPEAT

Take an extra couple of days off when I need it.

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
First day in the gym
-----------------------

Didn't record actual exercises, so I'll just summarize.

Didn't feel like getting my ego crushed on the flat bench, so I used a hammer bench. 225 for reps felt very heavy on flat hammer (3 sets), and 185 on incline hammer (3 sets). Used a shoulder press machine (2 sets), and did side laterals with 17.5lbs (2 sets). It was amazing... the first lifts of the day that I made felt relatively easy, but my muscles fatigued so quickly I couldn't believe it! Literally after about 4-6 reps into my workout I was fatigued like I couldn't believe.

Second day in the gym
--------------------------
Seated rows (3 sets), lat pulldowns (3 sets performed at a lower weight than a guy half my size, lol), hyper extensions + 25lbs (3 sets), preacher curls with 75lbs (very heavy, 3 sets), then machine curls (3 sets).

Overall:
---------
Okay, I'm so freaking sore I can't believe it. I woke up three times last night in pain, and it took me forever to get dressed and shower. "Ouch". I'm very weak, but I think the fatigue was a larger factor in my low numbers than my actual power, so I'm not too worried about it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What's your lifting schedules bro? Chest/shoulders on one day, Back/Bis another, what's day three and four gonna look like?

Oh yeah, subbed.

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Right now I'm going to rotate like this, with relatively low volumes:

Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Back/Bis/(forearms)
OFF
Quads/Hams/Calves
Chest/Shoulder/Tris
OFF
Back/Bis/Forearms
Quad/Hams/Calves
OFF

REPEAT

I'll probably throw in about 10-15 mins of cardio after most sessions.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Hey, long time no talk! :D You're looking bigger, man!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
old pic lol, but im same size, prob still less muscle wise since i cant push big numbers, but no biggie i leave my ego home
Well, at least it looks like you push big numbers. :D

Mine's an old pic, too! :lol: I may try to get some current pics so I can track my progress... but its bound to be pretty embarassing :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
:lol: Gotta love glycogen + muscle memory. Since Wednesday my arms are up 1/2" to 16 5/8" from 16 1/8".

Gonna do legs today in a while, will report in. I'm gonna take it really easy though b/c i need to use my legs!

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
:lol: Gotta love glycogen + muscle memory. Since Wednesday my arms are up 1/2" to 16 5/8" from 16 1/8".

Gonna do legs today in a while, will report in. I'm gonna take it really easy though b/c i need to use my legs!
take everything easy, just cuz it feels great doesnt mean your body is ready for what your about to do !

keepup da good work big guy

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, the title says it all. The last time I touched weights was about 7 months ago. And, even before then, I've been 1-2 months in, 4-6 months out, repeat, since Halloween 2005 (I remember specifically because of an event).

The past few years I've been trying to figure out why I can't bring myself to get back in the gym and stay there. And, simply put, its because I didn't appreciate the progress I was making. I was never satisfied, and that's a very destructive outlook IMHO. So, here I am. I'm at a very busy time in my life, but I'm starting back up anyway because I think its finally that time for me. I don't think I'll be trying to make any all time personal records anytime soon, but I don't care. I just want take care of myself, and receive the mental and physical health benefits associated with the training.

Some all time bests for reference:
----------------------------------------
* Bench: Estimate of 400-420 (was capable of getting 350+ for reps at the time, but never maxed b/c I was afraid of my wrists giving on me).
* Squat: Estimate of about 450 (was repping 370+, but I never maxed b/c I'm a wuss and I really didn't keep up on my squats like I should).
* Deadlift: 500lbs (I stopped doing these after about 3 months. One day of heavy deads would fatigue me for a week).
* Curls: 135lbs for reps on EZ barbell.
I read these as your current lifts. That would have been quite impressive!

As it stands, I am pretty unimpressed with your bests given the wider context of the sh!t you talk. I have you handily beat in all except bench @ 170. Anyway, now you have motivation to smash through your plateaus on your way past me.

I suppose this is my way of saying good luck, fatty!

-Mullicious subbed.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
take everything easy, just cuz it feels great doesnt mean your body is ready for what your about to do !

keepup da good work big guy
Yeah, I changed my mind. I'm skipping the gym today. Need to give myself one more day to recover from my other two workouts.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

As it stands, I am pretty unimpressed with your bests given the wider context of the sh!t you talk. I have you handily beat in all except bench @ 170. Anyway, now you have motivation to smash through your plateaus on your way past me.

-Mullicious subbed.
Mullet-BS-Translator 2000 report:

"Mullet thinks to self: I always have to lie to make friends, so, lets exaggerate all my lifts two-fold in order to pad my 'e-go'. Oh, shoot! ... Even doubling my bench leaves me under his all time best. What do I do now? Well, I can't triple my lifts because its mullet policy to commit myself to a position and not change course, no matter what! "

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. And, I'm sorry to see that, despite your stalwart efforts, you're still built like a teacup chihuahua.

P.S. I only talk trash to you b/c I <3 joo. And, congrats on your lifts :)

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established

"Mullet thinks to self: I always have to lie to make friends, so, lets exaggerate all my lifts two-fold in order to pad my 'e-go'. Oh, shoot! ... Even doubling my bench leaves me under his all time best. What do I do now? Well, I can't triple my lifts because its mullet policy to commit myself to a position and not change course no matter what! "

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. And, I'm sorry to see that, despite your stalwart efforts, your still built like a teacup chihuahua.

i feel the love here, id love to talk smack but im way outta my league here

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

-Mullicious subbed.
AHHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you don't follow my logs often, it'd be too easy for ya. lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

"Mullet thinks to self: I always have to lie to make friends, so, lets exaggerate all my lifts two-fold in order to pad my 'e-go'. Oh, shoot! ... Even doubling my bench leaves me under his all time best. What do I do now? Well, I can't triple my lifts because its mullet policy to commit myself to a position and not change course, no matter what! "

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. And, I'm sorry to see that, despite your stalwart efforts, your still built like a teacup chihuahua.

Aww, pookie, don't lash out. It must be disappointing to be fat, arrogant, and weak! Getting smashed in all your lifts by a teacup chihuaha is a pretty big letdown.

I guess in spite (or maybe because of?) your best efforts you're still built like the stay-puft Marshmallow Man. :lol:

Nips away!

:lol:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Aww, pookie, don't lash out. It must be disappointing to be fat, arrogant, and weak! Getting smashed in all your lifts by a teacup chihuaha is a pretty big letdown.

I guess in spite (or maybe because of?) your best efforts you're still built like the stay-puft Marshmallow Man. :lol:

Nips away!

:lol:
Mullet, I really expected a better retort from you. That's truly disappointing.

If you can no longer entertain me with hilariously pathetic attempts at witty posting you'll be relegated to the only other useful purpose you serve on these boards: reusable floss.

Mullet = Hippy Friendly = Reusable floss

Mullet says: "Mariusz' has nothing on me!"

Mullet in gym attire.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah, if you want any USP stuff let me know. We have a pretty impressive burner out currently - not saying anything, just sayin'.

*heart*

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet, I really expected a better retort from you. That's truly disappointing.

If you can no longer entertain me with hilariously pathetic attempts at witty posting you'll be relegated to the only other useful purpose you serve on these boards: reusable floss.

Mullet = Hippy Friendly = Reusable floss
Jesus, you have been away for quite some time. You need to spend more time on the boards, and less time balls deep in the Cheez-Wizz. That would take care of whatever this retaliation was, those cones you call nipples, and make our exchanges more enlightening.

image_19_efbd479692c57a40c3ced1f0a31cabae.jpg

Kwyck after realizing the In N' Out Burger is out of cheese!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyway, you're fat and weak, I'm skinny and a liar, let's move on. You're taking up valuable Vegas packing time.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Jesus, you have been away for quite some time. You need to spend more time on the boards, and less time balls deep in the Cheez-Wizz. That would take care of whatever this retaliation was, those cones you call nipples, and make our exchanges more enlightening.

Kwyck after realizing the In N' Out Burger is out of cheese!
Oh boy, you're so sensitive. I'm not "retaliating" against anything. I'm having a good time, Napoleon :D This is the most entertainment I get out of the boards, so I might as well make the best of it when I get the chance!

Anyway, I'll go find your mommy. Looks like the runt of the litter didn't spend enough time on the tit this morning :rofl: j/k

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Anyway, you're fat and weak, I'm skinny and a liar, let's move on. You're taking up valuable Vegas packing time.
Okay, okay, okay. No more trash talking today. :) We'll give it a break for a few days. You can buy me a bra, and I'll stop using your arms for floss.

Going to Vegas, huh? I'm envious. I'm stuck in my room all weekend trying to recover from a workout befit of one legged 10 yr old.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh boy, you're so sensitive. I'm not "retaliating" against anything. I'm having a good time, Napoleon :D This is the most entertainment I get out of the boards, so I might as well make the best of it when I get the chance!

Anyway, I'll go find your mommy. Looks like the runt of the litter didn't spend enough time on the tit this morning :rofl:
Huh? It was a joke tubby, be easy!

I got enough of Gimpy's tit this morning bruv, no need to find mommy. :rofl:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, okay, okay. No more trash talking today. :) We'll give it a break for a few days. You can buy me a bra, and I'll stop using your arms for floss.
Haha, k that was the last one. You're just easy to pick on. We'll rip on each other more post-GNC conference. I get back on Wednesday.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Haha, k that was the last one. You're just easy to pick on. We'll rip on each other more post-GNC conference. I get back on Wednesday.
Sounds good, have fun at the GNC conference.

Note to all: Our moddest mullet may not have told you all, but he is a payed guest at the GNC conference. He's found himself a very important role in the world of fitness. He's the official body double for the "before pictures" in mass gain ads :D

Okay, okay, that's "really" the last one :afro:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good, have fun at the GNC conference.

Note to all: Our moddest mullet may not have told you all, but he is a payed guest at the GNC conference. He's found himself a very important role in the world of fitness. He's the official body double for the "before pictures" in mass gain ads :D

Okay, okay, that's "really" the last one :afro:
Oh yeah! Speaking of that, Jacob said he would pay you for your fat shots for the ReCreate 'before'. However, he said to take them with your bra on. The 'C' cup may turn people off.

Promise, last one.

For real, if you need anything feel free to request.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Ha, ha :lol: Predictable, but still enjoyable.

Sweet... first request: make a double-double into a fat burner?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If that were true I'd unfortunately be more gaunt than I am currently - no dice brethren. I can, however, send you some ReCreate.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I appreciate it. However, at present it would go to waste. There is no way I could eat the way I'd need to in order to lose my tits until July, and I'd hate to be one of those supp-whores with a bunch free stuff in my dresser that someone else may have benefited from. But, I do have a plan! My plan as of right now is just to put some muscle back on so the fat has to distribute itself over a larger area :rofl:

Last edited:
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, that is a solid plan!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

-Mullicious subbed.
When have you squatted over 450 @ 170? You told me you don't go much over 250 at your current weight. You may have gotten over 450 at 205-210 (in a suit?) but let's stop making crap up, Mullet.

Ok, continue Hiroshima-fest.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Week 1, Workout #3: Chest, Tris, Shoulders
Okay, so I went ahead and did some flat bench... I was still a little sore from the last workout, but not sore enough to account for this level of weakness :) And, I felt MUCH stronger than I did last time I was in the gym, so I'd honestly guess you could take 20-30+lbs off of what I did today, and that would have been my working set last week.

Flat Bench:
Warmup w/ 135x10, 185x4, 225x1
Working set: 245 x 3 --> Then I quit :rofl: Big drop in strength, but it could have been worse, I suppose.

Incline Hammer
Didn't even count the weight, just threw stuff on there and repped it nice and slow for 4 sets of 10-15 reps.

Also did Hammer Shoulder Press, and machine dips.

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Sweet... no gym updates, but measured arms and I'm up to 16 7/8". I'm up 3/4" in a week (from 16 1/8" when I started)! :D (Although, it really doesn't feel like it.)

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Week 2, Workout #1
Okay, its actually been one whole week to the day since I've been back in the gym! "yay", what an accomplishment, right? Did back/bis today. Felt much stronger again. Can't compare anything to last week other than preacher curls. Last week my preacher curls were 85 lbs for a few reps, today I was able to go up to 95lbs for about 8 or 9 reps. So, that was nice.

Everything was very slow and controlled.

Hammer High Row: 185 x 8-13 x 3
Pulldowns: 120 x 8-10 x 3 (This is the "heaviest" pull down machine I've ever used! The pulley's must be setup funny.)
Hyper extensions: BW+25lbs x 10 x 3
Preacher Curls 85 x 12, 95 x 6-9 x 2
One armed machine curls: 70 x 9 x 3

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Sweet Jesus Kwycke, welcome back. With all this horny talk, I can put down my Mountain Jugs Magazine and get fresh again. Thank you.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, good to be back, thanks! Hopefully I'll be sticking around! :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back from Vegas - not my town. Keep it going.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When have you squatted over 450 @ 170? You told me you don't go much over 250 at your current weight. You may have gotten over 450 at 205-210 (in a suit?) but let's stop making crap up, Mullet.

Ok, continue Hiroshima-fest.
He said he was repping 370. Not pushing yourself and not having the ability are not the same. However, from now on I'll make sure to check with you what weights I am pushing, jas. Thanks.

Anyway, sorry kwyck, hijack over.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vegas fvcked pretty significantly with my training as well. Buffet food + being stuck in a booth all day = fat and skinny Mullet.

:(

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Fat and skinny? Join the club :D

Having said that, I would have loved to hit some Vegas buffets! That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. Eating = my favorite thing ever.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Week 2, Day 2Chest / Shoulders / Tris
Lifts were all up again (no surprise here), but more exciting was that FINALLY that pump I've been waiting for hit me. I actually looked like I had some muscle on me after I got some blood flowing in my upper body, :lol:

Hammer Flat: 245 x 13-9 reps x 3 (+20lbs and about 5 reps over last week)--I actually thought the difference between hammer bench and flat would have been larger than it was, but to my surprise, it wasn't that huge of a difference.
Hammer Shoulder Press: 185 x 13-9 reps x 3 (+50lbs over last week, but I lifted light last week)
Side Laterals: 25 lbs x 11-8 x 3 (+7.5lbs over last week)
Incline Flys: 30lbs, slow, 3 sets, didn't count
Rope pulldowns (tris): 2 sets, didn't count weight
Dips machien: 2 sets,d didn't count weight

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe I didn't catch it, but are you alternating between free weights and machines, or keeping on machines for the sake of tendons and/or initial ego (I know how it is).

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'm alternating. Since I'm hitting each body part every 4 days or so I figured it'd be a good idea. I don't have a "set routine" or anything. I'm just going to head in, lift, and go home.

I'm over the ego thing at the moment. Hopefully it'll stay that way! Ego lifting = injuries. I am, however, a bit concerned about strength gains from just starting back up in the gym. I'm going to really have to watch my tendons and joints if I keep eating decent. Muscle memory = good and bad :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm alternating. Since I'm hitting each body part every 4 days or so I figured it'd be a good idea. I don't have a "set routine" or anything. I'm just going to head in, lift, and go home.

I'm over the ego thing at the moment. Hopefully it'll stay that way! Ego lifting = injuries. I am, however, a bit concerned about strength gains from just starting back up in the gym. I'm going to really have to watch my tendons and joints if I keep eating decent. Muscle memory = good and bad :D
Definitely. Such rapid acceleration can land you injured pretty quick. I avoided that by using a routine that employed movements once every two weeks (or something similar). I like 'feel' training though. Keeps things exciting!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Definitely. Such rapid acceleration can land you injured pretty quick. I avoided that by using a routine that employed movements once every two weeks (or something similar). I like 'feel' training though. Keeps things exciting!
Yeah, I'm with you on the feel training... that's largely what's determining my workouts right now. I just consider what I want to hit, hit it until it feels good with whatever exercise sounds good at the moment, and then remind myself I'll be hitting it again in 4 days so I don't over do it.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Measurements update:

Start: 5/14/08 ---------------> Today: 5/25/08 (11 days)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Arms (flexed): 16 1/8" -----> 17"
Chest: 48" --------------------> 49.25"
Shoulders: 55" ---------------> 55.5"
Quads: 26" (not checked yet)
Calves: 16 1/4" (not checked yet)

My size is coming back before my strength. Very odd, usually it happens the other way.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Week 2, Day 2
Quick workout today; I have a lot to do.

Hammer High Row: 225 x 13-8 x 3 -- felt much stronger this week... MUCH stronger. It was very nice.
Assisted Pullups: <-- upset they were assisted, but if I wanted to get 10+ reps I needed it. 3 sets :'(
Preacher Curls: 75lbs x 3 sets x 8-10 reps. I was toasted from the heavy rows and lots of pullups, so I couldn't lift heavy.

Overall, it was a good day. I actually saw veins in my bicep... wow.... :lol: