Finally back in the gym / I'm going to appreciate my progress thread :-) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Finally back in the gym / I'm going to appreciate my progress thread :-)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No weights today kwyck?
    Nah, nothing today. Got my routine all screwed up b/c I had to be at a hospital doing some volunteer competency testing crap. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow.

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Vegas ****ed pretty significantly with my training as well. Buffet food + being stuck in a booth all day = fat and skinny Mullet.

3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Fat and skinny? Join the club

Having said that, I would have loved to hit some Vegas buffets! That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. Eating = my favorite thing ever.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Week 2, Day 2Chest / Shoulders / Tris
    Lifts were all up again (no surprise here), but more exciting was that FINALLY that pump I've been waiting for hit me. I actually looked like I had some muscle on me after I got some blood flowing in my upper body,

Hammer Flat: 245 x 13-9 reps x 3 (+20lbs and about 5 reps over last week)--I actually thought the difference between hammer bench and flat would have been larger than it was, but to my surprise, it wasn't that huge of a difference.
    Hammer Shoulder Press: 185 x 13-9 reps x 3 (+50lbs over last week, but I lifted light last week)
    Side Laterals: 25 lbs x 11-8 x 3 (+7.5lbs over last week)
    Incline Flys: 30lbs, slow, 3 sets, didn't count
    Rope pulldowns (tris): 2 sets, didn't count weight
    Dips machien: 2 sets,d didn't count weight
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Maybe I didn't catch it, but are you alternating between free weights and machines, or keeping on machines for the sake of tendons and/or initial ego (I know how it is).
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I'm alternating. Since I'm hitting each body part every 4 days or so I figured it'd be a good idea. I don't have a "set routine" or anything. I'm just going to head in, lift, and go home.

I'm over the ego thing at the moment. Hopefully it'll stay that way! Ego lifting = injuries. I am, however, a bit concerned about strength gains from just starting back up in the gym. I'm going to really have to watch my tendons and joints if I keep eating decent. Muscle memory = good and bad
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    I'm alternating. Since I'm hitting each body part every 4 days or so I figured it'd be a good idea. I don't have a "set routine" or anything. I'm just going to head in, lift, and go home.

I'm over the ego thing at the moment. Hopefully it'll stay that way! Ego lifting = injuries. I am, however, a bit concerned about strength gains from just starting back up in the gym. I'm going to really have to watch my tendons and joints if I keep eating decent. Muscle memory = good and bad
    Definitely. Such rapid acceleration can land you injured pretty quick. I avoided that by using a routine that employed movements once every two weeks (or something similar). I like 'feel' training though. Keeps things exciting!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Definitely. Such rapid acceleration can land you injured pretty quick. I avoided that by using a routine that employed movements once every two weeks (or something similar). I like 'feel' training though. Keeps things exciting!
    Yeah, I'm with you on the feel training... that's largely what's determining my workouts right now. I just consider what I want to hit, hit it until it feels good with whatever exercise sounds good at the moment, and then remind myself I'll be hitting it again in 4 days so I don't over do it.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Measurements update:

Start: 5/14/08 ---------------> Today: 5/25/08 (11 days)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Arms (flexed): 16 1/8" -----> 17"
    Chest: 48" --------------------> 49.25"
    Shoulders: 55" ---------------> 55.5"
    Quads: 26" (not checked yet)
    Calves: 16 1/4" (not checked yet)

My size is coming back before my strength. Very odd, usually it happens the other way.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Week 2, Day 2
    Quick workout today; I have a lot to do.

Hammer High Row: 225 x 13-8 x 3 -- felt much stronger this week... MUCH stronger. It was very nice.
    Assisted Pullups: <-- upset they were assisted, but if I wanted to get 10+ reps I needed it. 3 sets :'(
    Preacher Curls: 75lbs x 3 sets x 8-10 reps. I was toasted from the heavy rows and lots of pullups, so I couldn't lift heavy.

Overall, it was a good day. I actually saw veins in my bicep... wow....
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Week 2, Day 2
    Quick workout today; I have a lot to do.

Hammer High Row: 225 x 13-8 x 3 -- felt much stronger this week... MUCH stronger. It was very nice.
    Assisted Pullups: <-- upset they were assisted, but if I wanted to get 10+ reps I needed it. 3 sets :'(
    Preacher Curls: 75lbs x 3 sets x 8-10 reps. I was toasted from the heavy rows and lots of pullups, so I couldn't lift heavy.

Overall, it was a good day. I actually saw veins in my bicep... wow....
    I'm not really familiar with Hammer Strength movements - is this a BB Row?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I don't know how to describe it, really. So, here is the machine (my form is a little better than this guys, and I use both hands )

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6WtLu6j8Bs"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Ah, okay! I have used those before actually, they are great for rhombs I find. I had one at my gym in Alberta.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Ah, okay! I have used those before actually, they are great for rhombs I find. I had one at my gym in Alberta.
    Yeah, they're pretty sweet. I like the high row a lot. The low row I'm not a huge fan of.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

So, my diet has been crap the past couple of days b/c I got a little obsessed with some chemistry work I had to do. I was like "man... I probably already started losing size". Then I decided to go in the bathroom and measure my arms and they're up

Arms (flexed)
    5/14/08 : 16 1/8"
    5/28/08: 17 1/4"

1.125" in two weeks. That's awesome. I'm loving this. I should take a year off every year so I can see growth like this,
  16. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Awesome progress kwyck - glycogen is an amazing thing.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Glycogen + superdrol = even better I started it a little back at 20mg/day, and it was "meh", and about 2 days ago I bumped it to 30mg and now my back hurts when I stand up too long. So, I think its kicking in! haha

But, despite the gains I've still got almost 1.5" of arm to fill in j ust to be caught up, and I have a feeling things will be moving MUCH slower soon
  18. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Glycogen + superdrol = even better I started it a little back at 20mg/day, and it was "meh", and about 2 days ago I bumped it to 30mg and now my back hurts when I stand up too long. So, I think its kicking in! haha

But, despite the gains I've still got almost 1.5" of arm to fill in j ust to be caught up, and I have a feeling things will be moving MUCH slower soon
    Superdrol is definitely insane. No Test?
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Your arms peaked at 18.75''? That's pretty good at 5'10''. I didn't even think Superdrol was around anymore.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

jas123
    Oh, maybe not 18.75, about 18.5, give or take a little. I didn't measure for a while before I stopped lifting, but the last time I measured they were a little under 18.5 flexed. Shoulders were about 57.75", chest 51", waist was 36.5". (Sounds bigger than it looked, trust me) My chest and shoulders looked big before, but b/c of my very long monkey arms my arms never actually looked that big. Plus, my triceps just naturally suck, so that made them look even smaller... oh, and my forearms sucked, too. So, that didn't help my weak arms, either

SD "itself" isn't around, but the clones. And, the back pumps I'm getting just sitting in my chair doing homework remind me "exactly" of the original I took a few years ago.

Mullet
    Yeah, very small dose of test so I've got a sex drive while I'm on SD. Took some Prop powder and dumped it into penetrate. I've got some tren ace that I wanna dump into a TD, but given my current situation with my "studies" I can't afford the head change.
  21. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

jas123
    Oh, maybe not 18.75, about 18.5, give or take a little. I didn't measure for a while before I stopped lifting, but the last time I measured they were a little under 18.5 flexed. Shoulders were about 57.75", chest 51", waist was 36.5". (Sounds bigger than it looked, trust me) My chest and shoulders looked big before, but b/c of my very long monkey arms my arms never actually looked that big. Plus, my triceps just naturally suck, so that made them look even smaller... oh, and my forearms sucked, too. So, that didn't help my weak arms, either

SD "itself" isn't around, but the clones. And, the back pumps I'm getting just sitting in my chair doing homework remind me "exactly" of the original I took a few years ago.

Mullet
    Yeah, very small dose of test so I've got a sex drive while I'm on SD. Took some Prop powder and dumped it into penetrate. I've got some tren ace that I wanna dump into a TD, but given my current situation with my "studies" I can't afford the head change.
    No worry of contact absorption with Gimpy? I have some Test E powder that I was considering saponifying and concocting a TD with; however, I was worried about contact absorption.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Nah, I shower if we are going to be active. Either that or I just keep my shirt on, and use the "pouch" in the front of my pants/boxers/etc

Plus, contact absorption would likely be a pretty tiny amount; and with test, all that will happen is she may get abnormally horny
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Update
    Okay, so I didn't make it to the gym since last time I posted, so its been about 8 days. Bad diet, no training. Blah. Whatever, **** happens. Stopped wasting SD b/c I figured its not worth using it unless I'm going to give it my all, which I just can't do right now.

However, although my wonderful glycogen stores are somewhat diminished my workout today was pretty good.

Hammer Incline: 225 x 17, 245 x 13, 265 x 10
    Hammer Military: 225 x 10,8,6
    Cable Pushdown: 3 sets, didn't count the weight

I was in and out in about 20-30 mins.
  24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Running any type of P.C.T.?
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Still taking a very low dose T-transdermal. I personally would love to run low dose T for the rest of my life, weight training or not. I love the benefits. No need for PCT ATM
  26. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Haha, sounds solid.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Its about the only thing that's solid right now Waist is 37.5" in the morning, its official, I just checked. And, I actually look leaner than I was a couple weeks ago when I approximated I was at that size.

Meh, w/e. I've got bigger things to worry about ATM (and I just got done eating brownies).
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

3rd session of back/bis
    Another good session today. I only kept track of the weight on the hammer high row, but I increased the weight 20lbs and it felt really good.

Even better than that, though, my studies are going very well Woo hoo.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I'll probably only hit the gym 1x this week, and pick things up again next week after I take some test-thingy.

Although, I'm starting to get a little concerned about training. Since I"m getting married and need to fit a tux, my shoulders are presenting a problem and training them more will create a bigger problem. My shoulders barely squeeze into a 50R, but that leaves me looking like a lamp-shade and the tux guy says that a tailor will have to do major reconstructive surgery to make it fit me. So, I had to buy a jacket, its being shipped, and I need to have it "reconstructed" in a little under 2 weeks. This sucks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Finally I am Back!
    By MuscleResearch in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 06:57 PM
  2. my recomp/cut progress thread
    By rolandajoint in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
  3. I am back...finally
    By NickW in forum Nutraplanet