10 week 20 rep squat workout

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Well BP checks out fine 130/70, and I think I may have a sinus infection which could easily be the culprit. Today I am going to do the rest of my workout first, and then do squats and deads last. I know the point of this workout is to do squats first, but if I get a terrible headache from doing them again and have to workout the rest of the time with a splitting headache I'm gonna kill small cute animals....will update later...

2. So today I did everything else first, and squats last. It worked out well, and I also figured out why I have been getting such bad headaches when I lift. It's because my traps are so tight, the insertion where it attaches to my neck/bottom of head is so tight it is giving me a headache. I started to get a headache but rolled out my traps and stretched em' out a little bit and it subsided! Here were my lifts for today:

Squat: 225x20

Dead: 320x15

Bench: 135x10, 200x10, 205x10

Seated Rows: 140x15x15x15

Pull-overs: 35x20, 55x20

Shoulder Press w/ DB's: 45x12, 50x12, 55x12
    •   

3. Now that you see that your traps caused your headaches will you go back to doing squats first?

4. Quote Originally Posted by shyguy1 View Post
    Now that you see that your traps caused your headaches will you go back to doing squats first?
    I definitely will...I'm gonna try to move it up 10 lbs the next 3 workouts verus 5 lbs. The further I get into this the more I realize that so much of it is mental, you can push through your limits!

5. Missed my Fu*king workout today ...gonna do it tommorow.

6. Today went well, I have decided that today was my last time doing it however. My rotators simply cannot take benching 3x a week, and I can definitely tell my CNS is very taxed. I think that this would be a awesome workout to do while on cycle, and may do it when I do my next cycle. Here were my lifts for today:

Squats: 235x20

Deads: 325x15

Bench: 135x10, 205x10, 215x10

Shoulder Press: 50x12, 60x12, 65x8

Seated Rows: 150x15x15x13

didn't do the pull-overs, I need to be careful with my shoulders. Overall I like this workout a lot, but it is very hard on ones body.

7. I know it has been awhile since someone posted in this log - but I have to ask - besides endurance and cardiovascular, can a person gain size from doing this 20 rep workout?

8. The best my legs ever grew was around the time that I took up higher rep squats. I think my 1RM went from around 365 - 515. I think I was working at around 16 rep sets.

There is some research that says greater training volume in the legs yields better results (compared to the rest of the body).

I'm thinking about trying this kind of thing again someday!

9. Quote Originally Posted by LSU Gladiator View Post
    The best my legs ever grew was around the time that I took up higher rep squats. I think my 1RM went from around 365 - 515. I think I was working at around 16 rep sets.

There is some research that says greater training volume in the legs yields better results (compared to the rest of the body).

I'm thinking about trying this kind of thing again someday!
    I had the same results, best leg power I ever had was on a 20rep squat routine. It felt like I was walking around on car jacks. If you want big strong legs, the best way to do it is to train them several times a week with moderate to high volume.

I'm probably going to be running a 20 rep squat rountine in September. It's going to be brutal, but I love it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Smolov 13 week squat cycle
    By bigironkiller in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 01:44 AM
  2. how much less will a front squat be than a back squat be on average?
    By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 09:11 PM
  3. Anyone squat twice a week??
    By MoTiV in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 06:22 PM
  4. Bench/Squat testing next week... Bobo have a question...
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 01:09 PM
  5. Replies: 286
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 02:24 PM