My 8 week HST routine on the CKD/AD diet

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

Quote Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
    sorry i haven't been able to get a log up yet bro

sh1ts been a little hectic for me lately. i've managed to make it through my first week on this diet which is an accomplishment for me because i lovvvve carbs. i'll try to get a log up this weekend.
    Get it done bro and congrats on getting through the first week! No lie it honestly gets easier, im to the point where only once in awhile do I actually want carbs. I even feel guilty refeeding on the weekends because it feels like im cheating - when its actually an important part of the diet!

I have a couple of pics I forgot to post, unflexed and i'll try to get up the measurements this weekend.

I go to the doctors on tuesday so im going to have him do a hormone panel so i can see what were looking at after about 8 weeks on the diet.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

Alright now I havent updated in a little bit so here goes:

Friday 3/21:
    I had my 10rep max day and boy was it intense. I felt like puking about 3/4 of the way through because of how much it drained my body, I ended up hitting all my maxes and then some. Couldnt even go to the movies w/ the girlfriend because of how drained I was from being carb depleted and maxing out on basically every body part

Sat-Sun 3/22-2/23:
    Started my refeed on Friday night w/ dinner with the girl and continued right on through sunday night. This was the longest refeed i've done yet but it was easter weekend so i thought i'd just enjoy myself. Only drank on saturday night but I ended up getting hammered while bowling - oh well

Monday 3/24:
    Solid 5 rep workout, felt pretty good and moved right on through

Tuesday 3/25:
    Skipped cardio because the girlfriend is home on spring break

Wednesday 3/25:
    Got 3 hours of sleep the night before and ended up pounding out with the g/f about 30 minutes before the gym ( I never do this - always after or well before ). Even so I ened up having a really good workout until I got to hammer curls, while picking up the DBs I felt a real tightness in my chest. I took a second after doing my first set and walked over to get water and I felt like my heart skipped a beat :-(

I then got real light headed, did my next set of hammer curls and then decided that I wouldnt be finishing skull crushers or calf raises today.

Not sure why this happened as the day before I had a physical and the doctor told me my BP was 122/70, that I had a very strong sounding heart, and that I have excellent circulation. I did take RPM/Drive samples that were sent to me before working out ( I believe I took 3/3 ), this is honestly the only thing that had changed since I started this routine 5 weeks before.

Diet:
    Been pretty solid and I've stayed right on track still taking in ~2200calories a day.

This week I've decided to up my calories and took in 2500 on monday/tuesday and 2700 on wednesday.

Im going to work on keeping my totals around 2500 to see if I can make gains while still dropping the fat ( which I believe i've been doing but its hard to recover while doing full body - Im 209lbs and taking in 2200 calories, its taking a toll on me )

Overall thoughts:
    Super impressed with the change in my body, my girlfriend is constantly telling me how I look like im getting bigger ( muscle wise ) and losing my fat.

My chest is more solid than I can ever remember and my back seems to be getting freaky big freaky fast!

Guess the pics I posted really dont do my justice but Im happy and I am the one that is really important to me
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.95%

Sorry I havent updated in awhile but the diets stayed right on ~2200calories a day and I've been crushing the HST routine.

Took my weight yesterday and it was 205 which means im down 10lbs since starting my CKD/HST and I've actually kept almost all my strength ( even went up on my incline bench )

I know I must have lost some muscle but I really think it was minimal, 10lbs in ~6weeks

The tri-lean system is amazing, i've really started dropping the weight after I started using it. I noticed the biggiest difference when I added the T-X.

I'll post pics again in 2 weeks
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Full HST Routine (please critique)
    By kidkurious in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 09:27 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 03:44 PM
  3. im one week in pct could i go on the ckd diet
    By bigrich954rr in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 08:16 PM
  4. does cla a work and can it be taken on the ckd diet
    By bigrich954rr in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0