j0sh710 Training Log (Time to juice!)

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
:bb2:Ok It's time to get bigger, leaner, and stronger!

Current Stats Of Day 1 (Febuary 18, 2008)
Weight: 168
Body Fat: Unsure somewhere around 17%
Bench: 185
Squat: 225x3

Supps i will be takeing:
Whey Protein
Fish/Flax Oil
RPM
Multi-vitamin
(creatine monohydrate) after takeing a 6-8 week break from it so i will be back on it around April 1, 2008.

Goals: (Met when possible i am not setting a deadline because i don't have one)
Bench: 225
Squat: 300
Bodyfat: Below 10%
To look good :hsughup:

Diet:
I will be following A Keto Diet to see how that will run for 1 month and then i will go from there.

17.2% 168 <Weight 139 <Lean Body Weight
168 <Daily Protein Needed
560 <Calories From Protein
1460 <Fat Calories 162grams fat
2020 <Calories Total

Carb Up!
Lasts Friday Night-Midnight Saturday

630g Carbs
63g Fat

Eating lots of steak, chicken, fish, whole eggs, sausage, bacon, and protein and oil shakes.

I will also try and eat around 6 meals a day just hard to get in with school but i will try my best.

Keep a large intake of water.

Training:

*UPDATED*
New Training I am going to follow

*3 exercises for large muscle groups
*2 exercises for smaller muscle groups
*reps low
*Weight High
*sets high
*alternate lifts each week
*alternate rep rages and sets
*15 reps with abs

Monday:
Chest
Dumbell Flys
Flat Bench
Decline Bench
Incline Bench
Decline Flys
*i will choose these or any other i can come up with and i will have 1 lift for bottom of chest and 1 lift for bottom and the other lift is for either or the middle.*

Triceps
Dumbell Kickbacks
Skull Crushers
Cable Pull Downs
Close Grip Bench

Abs
Sit ups on decline bench w/ weight (always do this i feel it works very well)
Any Other ab workout i have in mind.

Wednesday:
Back
Low Row on machine
Barbell Shurgs
Bent-Over Row
Upright Row
Cable PUll-Downs

Bicep

Concentration Curls
Alternating Dumbell Curls
Ez-bar Curls
Straight Bar curls
Hammers

Forearm
Reverse Barbell Curls
Wrist Curls
Reverse Wrist Curls
Abs

Friday:
Legs
Squat (always doign)
Deadlift
Dumbell Lunges
Donkey Calf Raise
Leg Extensions

Shoulders

Barbell Shoulder Press
Dumbell Shoulder Press
Front Dumbbell Raise
Side Dumbbell Raise

Abs

Start the carb up for 24-30 hours!

I will throw some cardio sessions as well when i desire them, but also tuesday and thursday will always be doing cardio.

Pictures:

p.s. i left my hair nice and crazy just for you guys :) :2:

Please give me advice to make this work even better for me it would be greatly appreciated :)

Latest Photos March 01, 2008

lol lots of pics that are same but more is better, but anyways dont mind my facial expressions.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hey man if your trying to get stronger do less reps. i would say around 5. try pyramiding up and then back down. works well to build muscle. fat burning i would say do alot of cardio & diet right. try to take at least a gram of protein per pound of body weight. and work hard till your muscles are aching and you cant lift anymore, thats the biggest time of growth. sleep good. and good luck. ill be following.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
allright thanks i will make sure to be diet and cardio in good shape, i am going to do around 6-8 reps for now and maybe once i get leaner go for really low reps to get some strength.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
are you going more for strength & size or tone?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
More tone but i dont want to lose any strength i am hopeing to get some tone while still putting on some muscle and strength

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah nevermind about the 5x5. thats a good mass/ strength gaining workout. do around 8-10 reps. search around and find a workout you like. the people here are really good at helping out so you will def. find what your looking for. good luck bro

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
well today went well we had our football cardio which was very intense and i eat very low carbs probably around 10 and high protein and fat i am not sure exact numbers but i know i am close or met my requirements.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
good. what kind of cardio did you do?

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I leaned out, put on muscle, and got stronger doing the 4-6 reps.

Doing 8-10 reps might be good, but doing 4-6 allows more muscle fibers to be used becuase much more weight is being used.

Find whatever works for you though josh.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ok what your saying actually makes a lot of sense 4-6 reps might be better, but one thing i was wondering is do you believe and doing them with perfect form, for example bicep curls do u put a little swing into it when you do them so you can get more weight or do you just get pefect form but lower weight?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ok what your saying actually makes a lot of sense 4-6 reps might be better, but one thing i was wondering is do you believe and doing them with perfect form, for example bicep curls do u put a little swing into it when you do them so you can get more weight or do you just get pefect form but lower weight?
PERFECT FORM > weight. THAT IS THE KEY. it doesnt matter what weight your doing at alll unless you have form. stick light enough that you can concentrate on form. make sure to contract your muscles while you are doing your lifts. and finish what you start, those are the key points. but i emphasize form greatly and i think anyone would agree. plus if u swing it you are not working exactly the muscle you are intending to its fullest. FORM FORM FORM and the weight will come along with it! hope this helps man. as you can tell im followin this pretty closely. good luck

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
thanks man, that makes sence because when you don't use good form your useing other muscle groups thanks man for the help you giving me it's helping a lot.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thanks man, that makes sence because when you don't use good form your useing other muscle groups thanks man for the help you giving me it's helping a lot.
anytime bro thats what people are on this site for.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
anytime bro thats what people are on this site for.
thanks man a bunch people like you keep me motivated.

Ok well today i had a really good day for lifting, we were finiding out maxes, and i broke everything.

Bench is now 205
Clean is 175
and box squat 360

My diet was also very clean the whole day i had very low carbs i had my fats i needed and i am planning on doing some slow cardio here in a second about 30mins of it.

I already feel like i am thinning out, i believe this keto diet it workign good for me.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
:woohoo:
I leaned out, put on muscle, and got stronger doing the 4-6 reps.

Doing 8-10 reps might be good, but doing 4-6 allows more muscle fibers to be used becuase much more weight is being used.

Find whatever works for you though josh.
today i started useing your tip of 4-6 reps i believe it will help.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thanks man a bunch people like you keep me motivated.

Ok well today i had a really good day for lifting, we were finiding out maxes, and i broke everything.

Bench is now 205
Clean is 175
and box squat 360

My diet was also very clean the whole day i had very low carbs i had my fats i needed and i am planning on doing some slow cardio here in a second about 30mins of it.

I already feel like i am thinning out, i believe this keto diet it workign good for me.
thats good to know man glad i could be of some service. just keep it up. congrats on breaking your PR's!!:head:

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
thanks man i am proud of my self to be able to bench in the 200's

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Ok well lets me tell you how today went, well it started off like this, yesterday we went to the store and bought everything i needed for my diet like evo, almonds, meats, eggs, chesse everything and today i eat amazingly i think.

So breakfast

6:00 a.m.
4eggs 2 whites
chesse on top
A slice of ham
multi vitamin

9:00 a.m.
whey protein shake 25g
extra virgin olive oil 2tbsp

12:00
tortilla wrap high fiber 7g carbs
slices of turkey
cheese sprinkled on it
bag of almonds
suger free jello
2 cheese sticks

3:30 p.m. (i kno a little longer split post workout cardio)
Protein shake 25g
2 tbsp olive Oil

6:00
2 tbsp Peanut butter
handful almonds
rpm

7:00
workout bi's and tri's

8:30
one lean pork chop
bag of almonds

9:30
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1tbsp olive oil
almond meal

review on rpm.
amazing stuff! Well i was all tired from my cardio then i took that 1 hour later hit the weights with high intensity now jitters i got a larger pump before i even started lifting i was getting a pump you just get through your works out so much easier with the highest intesntiy love it, i deffiantely useing this more also thinking of getting some drive to go with it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Ok well lets me tell you how today went, well it started off like this, yesterday we went to the store and bought everything i needed for my diet like evo, almonds, meats, eggs, chesse everything and today i eat amazingly i think.

So breakfast

6:00 a.m.
4eggs 2 whites
chesse on top
A slice of ham
multi vitamin

9:00 a.m.
whey protein shake 25g
extra virgin olive oil 2tbsp

12:00
tortilla wrap high fiber 7g carbs
slices of turkey
cheese sprinkled on it
bag of almonds
suger free jello
2 cheese sticks

3:30 p.m. (i kno a little longer split post workout cardio)
Protein shake 25g
2 tbsp olive Oil

6:00
2 tbsp Peanut butter
handful almonds
rpm

7:00
workout bi's and tri's

8:30
one lean pork chop
bag of almonds

9:30
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1tbsp olive oil
almond meal

review on rpm.
amazing stuff! Well i was all tired from my cardio then i took that 1 hour later hit the weights with high intensity now jitters i got a larger pump before i even started lifting i was getting a pump you just get through your works out so much easier with the highest intesntiy love it, i deffiantely useing this more also thinking of getting some drive to go with it.
great job. ha iwish my parents would have been that supportive they tell me its crap that i dont need supps and give me crap about taking protein

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
totals:
fat: 238g
protein: 192g
carbs: about 10g

need to try and get a little less fat 2morrow my goal is more around 168g fat
and 150g protein

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
totals:
fat: 238g
protein: 192g
carbs: about 10g

need to try and get a little less fat 2morrow my goal is more around 168g fat
and 150g protein
delete your pm's its full so i cant reply to u.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ok i will delete them and ya my dad is pretty suportive about me lifting i am glad i have a parent who will help out because i have no job.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Ok well my diet was good very clean kept carbs out untill finaly workout was done and began carb up untill sunday i go back to low carbs.

a new addition i am adding is no fat on workout days after workouts, so i will exclude oils i add.

The last workout i had was very hard since i lacked all the carbs but i feel like i am getting much leaner i will post some pics up tomorrow for you guys to see my progression.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
thanks man today is going good keeping my carbs and protein and fat high and 2morrow back to low carbs again check this out though.

me in april 2007

me a week ago now i am starting to cut though.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ok well i haven't logged for the past things but don't worry everything is going good, i will take pics this comeing weekend.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
when you do your workout are u doing it to where your arms. what ever muscle yo uare working is shot for each lift? because if not that will improve your results drastically.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
when you do your workout are u doing it to where your arms. what ever muscle yo uare working is shot for each lift? because if not that will improve your results drastically.

wait i am confused what you were trying to say your wording was kind of sloppy?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ok today we had a snowday so i did my workout all at home i did chest and back.

Flat Bench: 6x155 5x165 4x175 feeling weak after being off creatine lol
Decline Bench: 4x165 5x155 6x175
Incline Bench: 6x135 5x140 6x140
Shrugs:8x135 6x145 6x175
Bent-Over Rows: 8x135 6x145 4x165
Flat Bar Pull Up: (not sure what it's called but you pull the bar up towards your chest while standing up): 6x90 5x90 5x90

Then i did some intense HITT Running i ran ti so hard i am proud of my self and i was also eating good.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
wait i am confused what you were trying to say your wording was kind of sloppy?
my bad sorry about that guys. ill try to rephrase it better. ok so say you are doing a workout that focuses on your arms. do you have your weights said to your arms are shot at the end of your sets? like a burnout/ force rep almost. if you do each lift until its focused muscle group is dead you results will improve dramatically.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
everything has been going good my diet and weights lifting is on schedule and i also weighed my self after eating a meal and lost 3 pounds so i am not sure how much i would weigh without that meal so i am weighing myself in the morning and my abs are become much more visible i will get some pics up 2morrow.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
So i have been doing the carb up since friday evening and ends tonight at 12, today i decided to do an arm workout because i felt they needed somthing so they were sore and would recover rest of today and 2morrow. well i also got some new pics, it's been a little more then 2 weeks.

lol lots of pics that are same but more is better, but anyways dont mind my facial expressions.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
*UPDATED*
New Training I am going to follow

*3 exercises for large muscle groups
*2 exercises for smaller muscle groups
*reps low
*Weight High
*sets high
*alternate lifts each week
*alternate rep rages and sets
*15 reps with abs

Monday:
Chest
Dumbell Flys
Flat Bench
Decline Bench
Incline Bench
Decline Flys
*i will choose these or any other i can come up with and i will have 1 lift for bottom of chest and 1 lift for bottom and the other lift is for either or the middle.*

Triceps
Dumbell Kickbacks
Skull Crushers
Cable Pull Downs
Close Grip Bench

Abs

Wednesday:
Back
Low Row on machine
Barbell Shurgs
Bent-Over Row
Upright Row
Cable PUll-Downs

Bicep

Concentration Curls
Alternating Dumbell Curls
Ez-bar Curls
Straight Bar curls
Hammers

Forearm
Reverse Barbell Curls
Wrist Curls
Reverse Wrist Curls
Abs

Friday:
Legs
Squat (always doign)
Deadlift
Dumbell Lunges
Donkey Calf Raise
Leg Extensions

Shoulders

Barbell Shoulder Press
Dumbell Shoulder Press
Front Dumbbell Raise
Side Dumbbell Raise

Abs

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
my boy your lookin hell of alot better props on that bro. as for that workout it looks similar to my 5x5 i told you about awhile ago. calculate from 60% to 100% on your sets. and for the chest execises do both bb then go back and do db it works the chest even harder. props on the toning man

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
He isn't trying to gain as much strength, as he was trying to burn belly fat and get the abs. His 4-6 rep routine is working wonders so far along with the CKD eating regimine.

I would rathr use 80-90% of my 1 rep max then to use only 60%. More muscle fibers stimulation = more 'potential' growth

EDIT: Josh, make sure you only do up to 8 HEAVY SETS (preferably 7),4-6 reps, for each big muscle group.
You can do as many exercises as you like as long as you do not overtrain and overdue the heavys sets.

Try this:
Flat BB or DB - warm up, acclimation, 2 heavy sets
Incline DB or BB - acclimation, 2 heavy sets
Decline BB - acclimation, 2 heavy sets
Dips - BW x Failure

That is 7 total heavy sets for your chest. Same thing with legs and back. No more than 8 heavy sets. Arms and shoulders (shoulders are small muscle group) do 2-4 heavy sets.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
He isn't trying to gain as much strength, as he was trying to burn belly fat and get the abs. His 4-6 rep routine is working wonders so far along with the CKD eating regimine.

I would rathr use 80-90% of my 1 rep max then to use only 60%. More muscle fibers stimulation = more 'potential' growth

EDIT: Josh, make sure you only do up to 8 HEAVY SETS (preferably 7),4-6 reps, for each big muscle group.
You can do as many exercises as you like as long as you do not overtrain and overdue the heavys sets.

Try this:
Flat BB or DB - warm up, acclimation, 2 heavy sets
Incline DB or BB - acclimation, 2 heavy sets
Decline BB - acclimation, 2 heavy sets
Dips - BW x Failure

That is 7 total heavy sets for your chest. Same thing with legs and back. No more than 8 heavy sets. Arms and shoulders (shoulders are small muscle group) do 2-4 heavy sets.
allright thanks man i will make sure that i dont overdue it and i have been useing ur advice a lot recently and getting amazing gains thanks man your a champ!

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
my boy your lookin hell of alot better props on that bro. as for that workout it looks similar to my 5x5 i told you about awhile ago. calculate from 60% to 100% on your sets. and for the chest execises do both bb then go back and do db it works the chest even harder. props on the toning man

thanks man i appreciate your advice its been helping a lot and thanks for supporting me it really helps to hear from someone that i am making progress because then it keeps me going.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Man if you worked on your shoulders (not trying to be a **** here and I know it is difficult at your age) You would be a heela big 15 year old! Keep up the good work and I am glad to see you are sticking with it!

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Man if you worked on your shoulders (not trying to be a **** here and I know it is difficult at your age) You would be a heela big 15 year old! Keep up the good work and I am glad to see you are sticking with it!
thanks man and ur not be a **** at all i like critisim it only help now that i know that looks were i lack more i will put a lot more work into that thanks man

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday:

Shoulders

Barbell Shoulder Press
Dumbell Shoulder Press

Front Dumbbell Raise
Side Dumbbell Raise
maybe instead of doing both barbell + dumbell presses you should just do arnold presses. really doing both is a little overkill.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
maybe instead of doing both barbell + dumbell presses you should just do arnold presses. really doing both is a little overkill.
I agree with this. You may also want to look into trying some shoulder supersets and idk if you are hitting posterior head but maybe throw in an exercise to hit that as it is often neglected. I'm just tossing in some suggestions tho keep up the good work :thumbsup:

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the suggestions, but i actually dont do all those exercises for shoulders, i chose 3 exercises for large body parts and 2-3 exercises for smaller body parts. I just listed some i would do.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ok it's time to switch up the diet because track is comeing, i am probably going to go with being a thrower, well i am going to try and get somthing around 40/40/20 (carbs, protein, fat) i am going to set up the diet today and start it monday, i have a great leg and shoulder workout i am going to do today also so keep updated i will get pics and you will see this transformation come a long.

once my diet it finished i will show u.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
cant wait. good luck with throwin bro.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
thanks man, i am not trying to do it though to be good, we just have really good track coaches at our school i hear (my first year at this school) and they know wht there talking about and i am just doing it for the workout but u never know i could do good, i am thinking of sprinting but idk.

crisis

crisis

Awards
You are making very good progress there, keep up the good work.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
thanks man i will get some pics in the next week or 2.