powerlifting

njc5044

Awards
could anyone give me a good site or book on powerlifting and like the workouts and excersices typically done by powerlifters or maybe even a routine. i would also like to know how powerlifters typically eat? if anyone can help me with that:dl:

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
could anyone give me a good site or book on powerlifting and like the workouts and excersices typically done by powerlifters or maybe even a routine. i would also like to know how powerlifters typically eat? if anyone can help me with that:dl:
Get "Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training" and go from there. There's a routine in that book that will get your strength up as well.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Well, there is Olympic Power Lifting, clean & jerk, snatch and there is Power Lifting that is actually Weight Lifting, Bench, Squat, Deads.

Olympic Power Lifting (C&J, Snatch) is primarily velocity based. Competitive Weight Lifting (bench, squat, deads) is primarily strength based. The training strategies are different and the workout routines are different, so which one are you referring to and I'll try to offer some advice.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
i don't know about how the typical powerlifter eats. but i am a powerlifter and this is how i eat (this should like you straight to the post with the diet rundown):

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/58778-kabukis-video-log-20.html#post1156384

I would do some research on training on
Westside Barbell®"Often Imitated but never duplicated"
EliteFTS - Powerlifting and Strength Training Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers

Both sites also have a huge selection of books as well that you can order.

You can view sample programs and video's of lifts on my log as well.

njc5044

Awards
Well, there is Olympic Power Lifting, clean & jerk, snatch and there is Power Lifting that is actually Weight Lifting, Bench, Squat, Deads.

Olympic Power Lifting (C&J, Snatch) is primarily velocity based. Competitive Weight Lifting (bench, squat, deads) is primarily strength based. The training strategies are different and the workout routines are different, so which one are you referring to and I'll try to offer some advice.
i am more talking about competitive weight lifting

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
i am more talking about competitive weight lifting
Then you would train at various degrees of range of motion in the bench, dead and squat. Meaning partial sqauts, half squats, full squats. Block Bench Presses. If you don't have any blocks to rest on your chest (which you need buddies for anyway) you can use the squat rack and let the parallel bars be your block. Partial Press, Half Press, Full Bench. Same idea with Deads. Do rack deads at different heights, partial, half, full.

The weight you use on a "normal" basis should be heavy enough to fail around 5 reps, and you would train in the 1-3 rep range on heavy days.