My log...dropping the fat.

1slowcivic

Awards
so, this is how I see it. I've lost my motivation and If i don't put up some pics and do some kind of log then I'm never gonna get around to doing anything. So, here's my before/ current pics. I'll post new pics as time goes on. Most of my time will be spent doing cardio as I'm in the reserves and would like to participate in the 10 mile run one day. I'm not sure what my weight training will look like as of yet. I'll figure that out in the next few days.

My Stats:

Neck 15"
Waist 36"
Height 5'7"
BF% 22. something

Attachments

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck! Pull it all together and show us that lean guy you have in there!

1slowcivic

Awards
Went to the gym and got on the treadmill for an hour. Alternated incline between 5 to 15 degrees. Covered a little over 3 3/4 miles and burned a little under 800 calories. Dinner was steak with onions and mushrooms. Before going to sleep I will have 3 scoops of muscle milk.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a hell of a cardio session.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
Went to the gym and got on the treadmill for an hour. Alternated incline between 5 to 15 degrees. Covered a little over 3 3/4 miles and burned a little under 800 calories. Dinner was steak with onions and mushrooms. Before going to sleep I will have 3 scoops of muscle milk.
careful on the prebed eating. I find I lean up a ton if I don't each much after 8 pm and If I am trying to stay above a weight, I start eating more before bed (like peanutbutter).

1slowcivic

Awards
Haven't really made it to the gym as much as i would have liked to. I'm am down 5lbs, but it should be more by now. I'm thinking about switching my workouts to mornings, cause when I get out of work I'm too tired/lazy to do anything. Oh, and thanks for the advice about not eating too late in the day.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5 lbs in 3 weeks is decent. just think that in 3 months thats at least 20lbs. Tell us more about what you eat throughout the day

1slowcivic

Awards
Up til a few days ago my diet has basically been to stay away from fast food, sweets and soda. The past 2 days I switched to 4-5 muscle milk shakes and various salads through out the day. Supplements are fish oil caps, multi vitamin and hydroxycut. (the hydroxycut was free). Finally decided on a workout regimen as well. 1hr cadio on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Weight training on Tuesday/thursday and Saturday. Weight training is gonna be mostly body weight exercises (push-ups,sit-ups, and dips) and Squats.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not to sound negative, but why do so many people starting into fat loss believe muscle milk's "filled with fat burning fat" story? I just find that MCTs regardless, calories are calories, and there are too many carbs and fats in the muscle milk regular.

1slowcivic

Awards
I know what you mean, but its what i had on hand and I got it for really cheap. Otherwise, I would have went with something else.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, its just funny how common it is. They do taste great, thats for sure. I buy the muscle milk light regularly, I have 2 jugs of it right now here. But the regular is just too much. I guess too I have come to strongly believe in shakes as supplemental, rather than primary. So they should be the snacks, not the main meals.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yep, my trainer took me off Muscle Milk, she said all my sugars should be below 2 gr in a shake.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the muscle milk light chocolate peanut butter is the most perfect tasting shake ever. Then again, I haven't tried the chocolate caramel swirl

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the muscle milk light chocolate peanut butter is the most perfect tasting shake ever. Then again, I haven't tried the chocolate caramel swirl
MMMM caramel.....whats the profile on that like, sugar??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11g of carbs, 2g of sugar with 25g protein, 6g of healthy fats

1slowcivic

Awards
Well, I definitely fell off for quite some time. I could blame it on work or whatever. But really, I got lazy again. Hopefully i can continue this time. So far, I've been doing some lifting for the past 3 weeks. I try to do it about three times a week.

Squats 120lbs 5 sets X 20 reps
Deadlifts 120lbs 3sets X 7 reps
Bent over Rows 120lbs 3sets X 6 reps

misc. push ups

1slowcivic

Awards
Pretty much did the workout that I listed in my previous post. through in some cardio in between sets. jumping jacks, shadow boxing and a little runing in place. All together, I think ot took about 45 minutes.

1slowcivic

Awards
Signed up at a new gym today, alot closer to home. Hit the treadmill for 30 minutes at a 15% incline.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
New gyms are good motivation, especially if it means its closer.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
If your stagnant at 20%+ BF Diet is going too be the main issue. You can lose as much weight by just eating less, as you could by doing cardio and eating maintenance calories.

Just a thought, eat healthier, at 500 calories less than maintenance, once that weight starts to drop maybe you'll have more impetus to go to the gym.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your stagnant at 20%+ BF Diet is going too be the main issue. You can lose as much weight by just eating less, as you could by doing cardio and eating maintenance calories.
definitely. its as you get lower than that, and get below 15% that it starts to matter more and more, as that is hwen your body really tries to hold onto it

1slowcivic

Awards
Haven't posted here in a while. so, far I like the gym that I swithced to. It being closer has made it easier to go more often. I didn't do anything yesterday but monday I destroyed my arms. I did hammer curls and regular curls. I realized that I hadn't really been doing them effectively in the past. I wasn't going the full range of motion, so I changed that on monday and concentrated on form. I'll do legs or maybe some cadio today cause my still hurt if I try to extend them all the way.

1slowcivic

Awards
Went to work today, and couldn't get either of my arms to extend all the way. So, I stretched pretty much all day at work. Decided to skip the cardio and lower body work today and opted to use a light weight and just do some curls. Got the full range of motion back, still hurts but I can deal with that. looked like an idiot walking around work with my arms all pulled in. lol. Hoping to get some cardio in tomorrow.

1slowcivic

Awards
Current pic

Figured I'd post up a current pic. Not much of a difference if any, but i am a little bit lighter.

Attachments

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it takes time, so long as its getting better, thats all that counts

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
11g of carbs, 2g of sugar with 25g protein, 6g of healthy fats

theres no way muscle milk haqs healthy fats, its MCT oil, they ard digested like a carb, if your gunna have a fat, have an olive oil, mac nut oil, PB, Almond butter.

MCT is a useless fat, its good in the offseason to add calories. but not cuttting, cutting carbs should be minimal and moderate healthy fat consumption is deems, along with high protein, and a solid training regimen.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to disagree with that, MCTs are healthy fats, and good during cutting, and are not "digested like a carb". they have no insulin effect.

1slowcivic

Awards
Went for a run yesterday,hit up the treadmill for 25 mins. Covered a little over 2 miles, including the 3 min warm up and 5 min cool down. Gonna swing by the gym later and see if they're open today.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have to disagree with that, MCTs are healthy fats, and good during cutting, and are not "digested like a carb". they have no insulin effect.

your right no insulin effect, but they are digested like a carb, which is why people with fat malabsorbtion can digest them.

MCTs are useless fats and used for energy, if your going to use a fat use a healthy fat. also MCTs are derived from coconut oil, which is a saturated fat (altho it is one of the better ones for you) it still should not replace your healthy fats. eat carbs instead.

1slowcivic

Awards
Well, the gym closed yesterday just as soon as I pulled into the parking lot. Made it to the gym today and my cardio work out looked like this:

1/2 mile at 7mph at 0% incline
10 mins at 3.5mph at 15% incline
10 mins at 4mph at 10% incline
10 mins at 4.5mph at 5 incline
10 mins at 0% incline at 4mph
and a 5 minute cool down.

All in all, it felt pretty good.

1slowcivic

Awards
Didn't make it to the gym today. so, I figured i'd start logging my meals as well. Had a regular vanilla muscle milk shake for breakfast this morning. Followed by 4 low carb muscle milk chocolate shakes spaced throughout the day. Dinner consisted of 2 cans of tuna, some chicken, and 3 scrambled eggs with olive oil and pepper all thrown into a bowl. It looked like slop, but actually tasted ok. None of my meals today were planned.