RoidRage gets Revenge II

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. RoidRage gets Revenge II


    Well, Im going to start another log. This time I'm bulking up. I had another log going "roidragex10 vs. weezyfbaby", but he hasnt been on AM for weeks. So, I will be tracking my progress here.

    About ME:
    Age: 15
    Ht:5'7
    wt:156lbs

    Current Bests

    Bench Press - 190lbs x 3 , 205lbs x 1
    Squat - 265lbs x 4
    Deadlift 385lbs x 3, 415lbs x 1
    Miliary Press 125lbs x 4

    GOALS

    Weigh: 170lbs (very high and hard to reach)

    bench 230lbs
    squat 315lbs
    deadlift 425lbs
    Press 1435lbs x 5

    All Goals to be met by Feb. 22nd, 2008




    ---------------------------------------------------------
    DIET

    Meal 1 5:45 AM
    -3 eggs
    -4 strips Turkey Bacon

    Meal 2 6:45 AM
    -Chicken Breast
    -Bagel (around 8:00ish)

    Meal 3
    10:30 AM
    -Protein Shake

    Meal 4
    12:30 PM
    -2 Deli Turkey on Wheat Sandwhiches
    -8oz Milk

    Meal 5
    3:45 PM (Post-Workout)
    -8oz Chicken Breast
    -Yogurt (Fast acting carbs)
    -8oz Milk

    Meal 6 5:00 PM
    -2 cups of Wheat Pasta (light sauce, dressing, make it taste better)
    -8oz Milk
    (Family Dinner)

    Meal 7 7:00 PM
    -Tuna on Wheat

    Meal 8 9:00 PM
    -16oz Milk

    -or low fat cheese
    -or cottage cheese
    -or Protein Shake w/ EVOO (unlikley)

    Will update Macros..
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Traning

    High Weight / low reps

    Monday - Chest, Triceps and Abs

    Wednesday - Back (light abs)

    Friday - Legs and Shoulders
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Exericses

    Chest - Flat or Incline, DB or BB Bench Press, and Dips

    Triceps- Skull Crushers, CG Bench Press, and Rope Pull Downs

    Back - DB or BB Rows, Deadlift, Incline DB Rows

    Shoulders - Military Press, DB Press, Lateral Raises

    Legs- Full, Box and Hack Squats, Leg Press, and Power Runner.

    Abs- Weighed Ball exercises, incline crunches. etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Typical Workout

    Chest

    Flat DB Press
    # x 10 (light warmup)
    # x 6 (little heavier)
    # x 3 (little heaviier
    # x 4-6 (heavy set)
    # x 4-6 (heavy set)

    Incline BB Press
    # x 6-8
    # x 4-6
    # x 4-6

    Triceps

    Skull Crushers
    # x 10
    # x 6
    # x 4-6
    # x 4-6

    Close Grip Flat BB Press
    # x 6-8
    # x 4-6

    ------------------------------------------------------------

    Main points

    ~Workout under 45 minutes
    ~Lift with Intensity
    ~4 second negatives
    ~Stretching before, during and after workout

    ------------------------------------------------------------

    Supplements

    Fish Oil - 5g/day
    MSM - 1-2gr/day
    Vit. C -1-2gr/day
    Multi - 1 pill/day


    Creatine Monohydrate - 3-5 grams Post-workout


    Other Notes

    -Sleep 8 hrs a night
    -Drink 1-2 gallons of water every day



    ** I know my last logs havent gone anywhere, so the only place I can go is up.


  2. I will post pictures when I find the cord for the camera.
    •   
       


  3. Increase your fats. Your kcals from fats are way too low; you're at 12-15% and you should probably be closer to 25%. Add in some avocados to your tuna sandwich and some PB with your milk.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Increase your fats. Your kcals from fats are way too low; you're at 12-15% and you should probably be closer to 25%. Add in some avocados to your tuna sandwich and some PB with your milk.
    Im allergic to PB.

    With the addition of avocados..should I use 2% milk? Right now I plan on using skim milk but I have no problem switching. That would add roughly 20g of fat. And if Im eating fish which I plan on eatiing a lot of, that would add also 20g of fat.

    Should I also add in 10g of BCAA's or some Leucine for anabolism?

  5. I wish I had had your motivation at 15. Man, when I was 15, it was video games, pizza, baseball, and bothering girls. I'm impressed. Good luck with your workout, I'm rootin' for you!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Hurleyboy05 View Post
    I wish I had had your motivation at 15. Man, when I was 15, it was video games, pizza, baseball, and bothering girls. I'm impressed. Good luck with your workout, I'm rootin' for you!
    Well I still play video games, eat pizza once a month, play baseball 24/7 in the summer, and flirt with the girls

    lol, but thanks bro. Im hoping everything works out well.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    Im allergic to PB.

    With the addition of avocados..should I use 2% milk? Right now I plan on using skim milk but I have no problem switching. That would add roughly 20g of fat. And if Im eating fish which I plan on eatiing a lot of, that would add also 20g of fat.

    Should I also add in 10g of BCAA's or some Leucine for anabolism?
    Yeah, add the 2% and add 5g of Leucine to your post-WO shake. Perhaps add some olive oil to your tuna; adds fat and makes it more palatable.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Yeah, add the 2% and add 5g of Leucine to your post-WO shake. Perhaps add some olive oil to your tuna; adds fat and makes it more palatable.

    Alright I'll do that.

    My post-workout shake will have

    -5g CM
    -5g Leucine
    -bannana or blueberrys
    -16oz 2% milk
    -Olive Oil

    And I will experiment with the olive oil and tuna.


    Thanks for the tips.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    Alright I'll do that.

    My post-workout shake will have

    -5g CM
    -5g Leucine
    -bannana or blueberrys
    -16oz 2% milk
    -Olive Oil

    And I will experiment with the olive oil and tuna.


    Thanks for the tips.
    Don't add the OO to your post-WO shake and add in some more protein; 16g plus the Leucine is really low. Try to bump it to around 30g.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  10. Here are the picutres..







    Abs are flexed







    Well, after looking at this pictures and the ones from the summer, I can tell I have lost muscle and gained body fat which makes my furious! This is just another motivator to keep dieting and lifting hard.

  11. At what age did you start training? I only ask because you're fairly muscular for a 15-year-old.

  12. I picked up weights when I was 13. I did curls and extremley light bench presses. Then, last october, I started to bench and take protein shakes.


    I've gained 5% more body fat since mid september. My diet was crappy and just have had too many cheat days.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    I picked up weights when I was 13. I did curls and extremley light bench presses. Then, last october, I started to bench and take protein shakes.


    I've gained 5% more body fat since mid september. My diet was crappy and just have had too many cheat days.
    Don't worry too much about 5%. Stress will only make it harder to lose it. Thats cool you started at such a young age, I wish I had. Just stick it out, at your age you'll drop bf like a bad habit as long as you stay on top of things.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Hurleyboy05 View Post
    Don't worry too much about 5%. Stress will only make it harder to lose it. Thats cool you started at such a young age, I wish I had. Just stick it out, at your age you'll drop bf like a bad habit as long as you stay on top of things.
    that might actually be too high. idk how much but it was some. I'm actually thinking of doing light cardio in the morning to help limit bf gain. ubi gave me that idea a while ago and I just saw it in one of my threads a while back.

    Thanks for the support!
  15. 12-17-07


    I went for an intense cardio run. I had been eating crappy for the past week and wanted to do something.

    Its fun running in 30 degree weather with shorts on

    I felt like crap afterwards and took 5g of glutamine with some crystal light after I ran and felt pretty good.

  16. Lookin forward to seein how this goes man, good luck!

  17. Tips from DW..........
    1.)Add some protein to that 7:30 meal, I know you dont want to but a shake would be ideal here.
    2.)Add 5gr creatine pre-workout
    3.)Move Incline bench to 1st in your chest workout from a baseball stand point
    4.) Like Rodja said bump the fat a little maybe 1tbs EVOO before bed????
    5.) Flexing abs?!? Huh I didnt see any abs haha bro just playing. I dont have much of any either so i have no room to talk and this is how I rationalize my belly......
    "Hows that 6-pack gonna help you hit a 90mph fastball"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Tips from DW..........
    1.)Add some protein to that 7:30 meal, I know you dont want to but a shake would be ideal here.
    2.)Add 5gr creatine pre-workout
    3.)Move Incline bench to 1st in your chest workout from a baseball stand point
    4.) Like Rodja said bump the fat a little maybe 1tbs EVOO before bed????
    5.) Flexing abs?!? Huh I didnt see any abs haha bro just playing. I dont have much of any either so i have no room to talk and this is how I rationalize my belly......
    "Hows that 6-pack gonna help you hit a 90mph fastball"

    1) I will add in a shake on WO days, but theres already 30g in that Tuna sandwhich. 30g is all the body can digest at a time. Why should I take more protein in that meal??
    2)I thought anything over 10g will just get pissed away?
    3)Will do!
    4) The fat will be taken care off. Whats EVOO?
    5) well flexing stomach. haha. yea I really dont care about a six pack as much. I want mass and strength.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    1) I will add in a shake on WO days, but theres already 30g in that Tuna sandwhich. 30g is all the body can digest at a time. Why should I take more protein in that meal??
    2)I thought anything over 10g will just get pissed away?
    3)Will do!
    4) The fat will be taken care off. Whats EVOO?
    5) well flexing stomach. haha. yea I really dont care about a six pack as much. I want mass and strength.
    1.) It says wheat bagel and an apple. I ment 7:30am meal. 30 gr/per meal??? Where did you read that?

    2.)No way 10gr is the minimum IMO, again where'd you read that? From my personal experience my strength goes thru the roof on 15-20gr/day.

    3.)

    4.) Good deal, Extra Virgin Olive Oil

    5.) I was beeing a smart ass,lol. Mass and strength is what it's all about baby!!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    1.) It says wheat bagel and an apple. I ment 7:30am meal. 30 gr/per meal??? Where did you read that?

    2.)No way 10gr is the minimum IMO, again where'd you read that? From my personal experience my strength goes thru the roof on 15-20gr/day.

    3.)

    4.) Good deal, Extra Virgin Olive Oil

    5.) I was beeing a smart ass,lol. Mass and strength is what it's all about baby!!!!

    1) Oh alright. Well me and my mom found a bunch of healthier food so my diet is going to to switch a little bit. More complex carbs and more protein with more healthier fats. A couple threads here on Anabolic Minds is where I saw the 30g/meal UNLESS its PWO where I eat 50g of protein.

    2) Xodus was giving me some tips. I will start at 5 and see how my body reacts.

    4) Gotcha. I cook my chicken in Olive Oil and will add some to my PWO shake.


    Im going to be taking a Protein shake or 2 on my Workout days. Add in another 45g of Protein or so.

    Sound good?

  21. -I have edited my diet from my First Post.

    -I have done what I can in terms of adding protein, fats, and healthier carbs at better times of the day.


    -I am still debating on buying Leucine and BCAA's.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    -I have edited my diet from my First Post.

    -I have done what I can in terms of adding protein, fats, and healthier carbs at better times of the day.


    -I am still debating on buying Leucine and BCAA's.
    I like it.

    I dont really think you'll need either but I'd go with Leucine if I to pick one or the other.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I like it.

    I dont really think you'll need either but I'd go with Leucine if I to pick one or the other.
    Alright good. With the BMR, and calorie output, according to fitday, im eating 500 calories over matinence so I should be fine for now.

    Yea I really dont want to get all worked up over supplements.
    Leucine may be be great, but HOW great, ya know? Im just gonna stay with the basics and for my cut I'll most likley go with BCAA's and possibly leviathan (but I doubt it).
  24. 12-30-07


    No workouts yet. I just finished my week off from lifting.

    Won't be lifting tommorow though. My cousins from Florida are vistiing here.

    DIET

    3650 - Calories
    93 -Fats
    426 -Carbs
    258 -Protein

  25. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    Alright good. With the BMR, and calorie output, according to fitday, im eating 500 calories over matinence so I should be fine for now.

    Yea I really dont want to get all worked up over supplements.
    Leucine may be be great, but HOW great, ya know? Im just gonna stay with the basics and for my cut I'll most likley go with BCAA's and possibly leviathan (but I doubt it).
    Leucine is responsible for protein synthesis, plus it is very economical. A half-kilo is around $15 and that will last you for over 3 months.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  26. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Leucine is responsible for protein synthesis, plus it is very economical. A half-kilo is around $15 and that will last you for over 3 months.
    I second this.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  27. yeah what happened to that old competition log you had w weezybaby/ Glad to see the commitment. Youve got great habits for 15.

    Im gonna put my two cents and tell you to try taurine before you check out the leucine.

    Just been my experience but I have gotten more pumps and all around good effects from taurine than i thought i would but mainly the pumps!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    1) Oh alright. Well me and my mom found a bunch of healthier food so my diet is going to to switch a little bit. More complex carbs and more protein with more healthier fats. A couple threads here on Anabolic Minds is where I saw the 30g/meal UNLESS its PWO where I eat 50g of protein.

    2) Xodus was giving me some tips. I will start at 5 and see how my body reacts.

    4) Gotcha. I cook my chicken in Olive Oil and will add some to my PWO shake.


    Im going to be taking a Protein shake or 2 on my Workout days. Add in another 45g of Protein or so.

    Sound good?
    Regarding creatine, once 'loaded' (if you do that) you really don't need that much to maintain intramuscular levels. If you dose that high(20g+ daily), you should consider cycling it. If you keep it moderate, 3-5g ED, you can stay on it constantly. Even after supplementation cessation, intramuscular levels are still elevated and takes weeks to dissipate.

    TESTOSTERONE NATION - Creatine Update, 2006

    TESTOSTERONE NATION

    TESTOSTERONE NATION - Creatine Fact and Fancy - The Top Seven Creatine

    <snip>
    The fact is, human muscle appears to have a creatine ceiling of about 5.0 grams per kilogram of muscle. Once that amount is achieved, chances are it can't be exceeded. In fact, most people have about 3.9 grams of creatine per kilogram of muscle tissue, so they can expect to experience a 30 to 40% increase with ingestion.(4)

    Therefore, once you've gone through the standard loading phase (20 grams a day, in divided doses, for five or six days), your cells probably contain all the creatine they can handle. Trying to add more is like putting 10 pounds of cement in a 5-pound bag.

    Those that think all or most of the creatine they swallow is sucked up, Hoover-like, by muscle cells are mistaken. For instance, in one study, creatine intake in test subjects was very high?up to 70% of a 10 gram dose was retained by the patient. After one week, however, almost all of the administered creatine could be retrieved in the urine. In another study, participants were given 6 five-gram doses per day for three days. On the first day, 40% of the 6 five-gram doses was recovered form the urine. On the second day, 61% of subsequent 5-gram doses was recovered, and on the third day, 68% was recovered.1 It's clear that less and less of the creatine was being absorbed by muscle cells and that a lot of this stuff gets flushed down the vortex of the toilet.

    Obviously, there are many factors that affect individual creatine utilization, but generally, after you've reached the saturation point, you probably only need two or three grams a day to keep your cells super-saturated. Of course, if you're a big mutha'?on the order of 200 pounds or above, you might need to up that maintenance dosage to about 5 grams a day, but no more.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Leucine is responsible for protein synthesis, plus it is very economical. A half-kilo is around $15 and that will last you for over 3 months.
    Alright. I'll throw in a order today.

    Anything else I should add?

    Quote Originally Posted by ahenage View Post
    yeah what happened to that old competition log you had w weezybaby/ Glad to see the commitment. Youve got great habits for 15.

    Im gonna put my two cents and tell you to try taurine before you check out the leucine.

    Just been my experience but I have gotten more pumps and all around good effects from taurine than i thought i would but mainly the pumps!
    Well he hasn't logged on in a long time..so I just ended it.

    I really dont feel I need pumps over protein sysntheis. Pumps would only distract me during my workouts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Regarding creatine, once 'loaded' (if you do that) you really don't need that much to maintain intramuscular levels. If you dose that high(20g+ daily), you should consider cycling it. If you keep it moderate, 3-5g ED, you can stay on it constantly. Even after supplementation cessation, intramuscular levels are still elevated and takes weeks to dissipate.

    TESTOSTERONE NATION - Creatine Update, 2006

    TESTOSTERONE NATION

    TESTOSTERONE NATION - Creatine Fact and Fancy - The Top Seven Creatine

    <snip>
    The fact is, human muscle appears to have a creatine ceiling of about 5.0 grams per kilogram of muscle. Once that amount is achieved, chances are it can't be exceeded. In fact, most people have about 3.9 grams of creatine per kilogram of muscle tissue, so they can expect to experience a 30 to 40% increase with ingestion.(4)

    Therefore, once you've gone through the standard loading phase (20 grams a day, in divided doses, for five or six days), your cells probably contain all the creatine they can handle. Trying to add more is like putting 10 pounds of cement in a 5-pound bag.

    Those that think all or most of the creatine they swallow is sucked up, Hoover-like, by muscle cells are mistaken. For instance, in one study, creatine intake in test subjects was very high?up to 70% of a 10 gram dose was retained by the patient. After one week, however, almost all of the administered creatine could be retrieved in the urine. In another study, participants were given 6 five-gram doses per day for three days. On the first day, 40% of the 6 five-gram doses was recovered form the urine. On the second day, 61% of subsequent 5-gram doses was recovered, and on the third day, 68% was recovered.1 It's clear that less and less of the creatine was being absorbed by muscle cells and that a lot of this stuff gets flushed down the vortex of the toilet.

    Obviously, there are many factors that affect individual creatine utilization, but generally, after you've reached the saturation point, you probably only need two or three grams a day to keep your cells super-saturated. Of course, if you're a big mutha'?on the order of 200 pounds or above, you might need to up that maintenance dosage to about 5 grams a day, but no more.
    Thanks for those studies X.

    Im thinking of loading 10g for maybe 5 days, then maintaining around 3-5.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    Im thinking of loading 10g for maybe 5 days, then maintaining around 3-5.
    or 20gr

    J/k you know your body best so do what you do.

    Thanks for those studies and links X. I'll get a better look at them later on 2day.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Get on the LEVEL II
    By Godstrength in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 11:08 PM
  2. Get Gripped II: Old Equipment, New Tricks
    By The Neck in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM
  3. RoidRage Gets Ripped III
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:04 AM
  4. RoidRage gets Ripped!
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 08:45 AM
  5. RoidRage gets Revenge!
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Log in
Log in