Leggo's attempt at a Training Log!!

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
OK, I've recently been dieting for the past month and a half and doing cardio here and there to drop some bodyfat. I started at 227 lbs and I am now about 214 lbs, give or take. I'm not in bad shape but there is definitely room for improvement.

As a disclosure, I am not a very disciplined logger as I am self employed and some time I get very busy and may not update everyday. The reason for this log is to help me stay disciplined in my endeavor to get in shape.

Also, this will be an experiment for me. As long as I have been training, I have always trained with a 6-10 rep scheme. I plan on doing 20 reps per set, lighter weight, and very deliberated focus on the contraction and pump of the muscle.

Goal

To reduce body fat and improve quality of muscle on my frame and increase muscular and cardiovascular endurance. Basically, I want to get Ripped!! I won't be so concerned with getting big for a while

Training split (training days may vary, but you get the idea)

mon- chest, tris
tues- back
wed- shoulders, bis
fri- legs, calves

As I said, my ego (I'll have to Leggo my Ego!! LOL) will be set aside as I am not going to concern myself with heavy weights, rather, I will focus on the contraction, burn and pump of lighter weights with a rep scheme of 20 per working set

On off days, I will be doing sprints for cardio and will do abs here and there.
:bruce2:
Diet

I do my own improvised version of CKD with a refeed every Saturday or Sunday approximately 2500 - 2700 cals per day

Supplementation

B-complex
fish oil
vitamin C
chewable Flintstone Vitamins :)
primatine tablets (1st thing in the morning)
caffeine
Clear Edge (for endurance and focus)
sugar free Metamucil (before bed to Keep sh*t real)

I will be posting pics in the next few days
Let me know if I am missing anything in the criteria for my log

Oh yeah, to my BDS homies, The use of smilies, ridiculous youtube postings and good time posting is permissable.
:dance::afro: :clap2: :hammer: :whip: :numbered:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have been all about the high rep thing for the last few months.I like to feel the pump and burn from that better than high weight low rep sets. If fat loss and body comp is a goal high weight low reps isn't gonna help much. My suggestion is to keep time between sets short to keep heart rate up.As this is crucial to aid fatloss!!! SQUAD UP ~trip

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
i have been all about the high rep thing for the last few months.I like to feel the pump and burn from that better than high weight low rep sets. If fat loss and body comp is a goal high weight low reps isn't gonna help much. My suggestion is to keep time between sets short to keep heart rate up.As this is crucial to aid fatloss!!! SQUAD UP ~trip
That be the plan fo' sho!!

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
here are a couple of quick wackass pics (stupid camera won't take clear pics :aargh: )

I'll try to post some better ones tomorrow

Attachments

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Leg day

OK. Crazy fantastic work out today. The weights were low but the Intensity was... intense. All set were performed in a slow, controlled manner focusing on the burn... It burnt

Squats
95 lbs x 24 reps (warm up)
135 lbs x 22 reps
135 lbs x 20 reps
135 x 17 reps (this one killed me... Weak, I know)
Embarrasing how hard I had to work on these sets

Leg Curls
60 lbs x 20 reps
75 lbs x 20 reps
75 lbs x 15 reps(failure) + 5 more reps after 15 seconds rest

Leg Extensions
185 lbs x 24 reps
200 lbs x 20 reps
200 lbs x 18 reps

By this point in the work out, I could barely walk. I did some deep stretching and went on to calves

Standing Machine Calf Raises
60 lbs x 20 reps
75 lbs x 15 reps
60 lbs x 20 reps
60 lbs x 17 reps

I am humbled by this workout and the pain such small weights produced. I tried to keep rest times between sets at or below 2 minutes but at one point the pump was so intense, I had to rest a little longer. I was in and out of the gym in 45 minutes

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats some crazy reps dawg. Looks painful. Keep us updated.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Weight: 212 lbs

Legs are freekin' sore already today. I plan on doing some ab work today and maybe some cardio. No weights today

I love natty PB :)

Back tomorrow! Looking forward to high rep Deads... kinda

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
ohhhhh....yeahhhhh.
leggo is gonna get shreaded!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
nice to see you are man enough to do high rep/low weight deads and squats. painful, but necessary.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
nice to see you are man enough to do high rep/low weight deads and squats. painful, but necessary.
Yeah they painful aight. I'm hoping this routine will help me etch some detail in my smooth, jolly physique. :) I would like to be a lean and cut 190-195 lbs.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hank Vangut again.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they painful aight. I'm hoping this routine will help me etch some detail in my smooth, jolly physique. :) I would like to be a lean and cut 190-195 lbs.
how tall are you?
peeling 15-20lbs of fat off your current build should really bring in the definition!!!

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
how tall are you?
peeling 15-20lbs of fat off your current build should really bring in the definition!!!
5'8" Most people don't believe me when I tell them what I weigh. They usually estimate my weight at less than 200.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Current Measurements:
Waist (at belly button): 37.75"
Right Upper arm (flexed): 16.5"
Left Upper arm (flexed): just less than 16.5"
Right upper thigh: just over 26"
Left upper thigh: just under 26"
calves: both 16"
Chest (at nipple arms down): 46"
Shoulders (arms down around shoulders): 51"
Neck: 17"

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Great News
I won a free bottle of P-Slin from USP Labs contest thread! I am looking forward to incorporating it into this Log. So I will switch up my diet a bit when I get it to include 75g of complex carbs pre workout

Back day today. I'm leaving for that shortly. Legs still sore as sh*t, high rep deads should be a blast :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
With all the support you get here and good training advice, you should look like Trip in no time.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Back Day

Today was an irritating workout. I was having a hard time "feeling" the muscles working. I think I'm too carb depleted and I should have taken some caffeine pre workout... Anyway:

*Off the floor Deads
135 x 20 reps
185 x 17 reps
185 x 15 + 5 reps
185 x 13
(Sh*tty weakass deadlift work out!)

Barbell Rows
95 x 20 reps (warmup)
135 x 18 reps
135 x 18 reps
135 x 14 + 5 reps

Hammer Strength pull downs
45 lbs per side x 20 reps
90 lbs per side x 16 reps
90 lbs per side x 12 reps
70 lbs per side x 12 reps

then I did a few sets of standing 2 arm dumbell rows with 45lb dumbells. didn't count reps..

I hate these kinds of workouts but oh well we all have them once in a while. I wish I was on some test :(

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Off day today. Had some business sh*t going on today.

Got to carb up today which was fukcing AWESOME. Here are some of the delectible delights I induldged in today with my meals:

4 granola bars
a belgium waffle :)
a bananna :twisted:
a Sh*tload of cranberry juice
a large bowl of capn crunch
a larger bowl of lucky charms
spaghetti
Lots of bread
potatoes
2 big chunks of bananna bread
and 1 cup of oatmeal before bed

A wonderfully carbolicious day it was... now back to being strict again

My sh*t is tight!

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and bi Day

Bad fukcen-ass workout today!! I took 20mg Epistane and 8mg Methoxy TST with my preworkout meal about and hour and a half before my work out just for the fukc of it :twisted: . I don't know if it was because of my refeed yesterday or the Epi/TST or the combo of both but I was freekin pumped. I like doing that every once in a while. :shrug:

Rear delt machine
55 lbs x 20 reps
70 lbs x 20 reps
85 lbs x 15 reps + 5

Seated side laterals
15 lbs 3 sets of 20 reps

Smith machine Military Press
95 lbs x 20 reps
135 lbs x 15 reps
135lbs x 12 reps (drop set) -> 115lbs x 7 -> 95 lbs x 8 reps

Upright Barbell rows
65 lbs x 15 reps
85 lbs x 12 reps
105 lbs x 10 reps (drop set) -> 85 lbs x 8 -> 65 lbs x 7

By this time, my whole upper body felt numb and I didn't really want to do bis, and to be honest, I half assed it

Straight bar curls
65 lbs x 12 reps
85 lbs x 8 reps
75 lbs x 8 reps (Pvssy!)

seated 2 arm dumbell curls

25 lbs x 15 reps
30 lbs x 12 reps

Hammer Strength preachers
65 lbs x 10 + 5

I did alot of volume for shoulders (more than I'm used to) and I was way pumped. By the time I got to biceps, my arms were already swollen and they hurt so I didn't really give 100%. BTW, I hate training Biceps

Body weight today at the gym after training: 211 lbs

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Who would not love a day that has belgian waffles in it:)

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Who would not love a day that has belgian waffles in it:)
Ya it felt good to carb up fo' sho. My faviorite was the sugarry cereal. That is my weakness and with a 10 year old son, it's always around in abundance!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lol I hear you on that one, my kids hate the cut down in sweets in the house.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday: Leg Day

Squats:
95 x 20 (warm up)
135 x 20
135 x 15 + 5
135 x 15

Hack squats
135 x 20
225 x 15
225 x 15
275 x 8 (not high rep but Just for Fun!:))

Leg curl
60 x 20
75 x 15
75 x 15

Leg extensions
180 x 20
210 x 10
195 x 15
180 x 15

Standing calf machine
60 x 20
60 x 20
75 x 15
75 x 12 (serious cramping)

Brutal work out. Didn't eat enough prior to working out so was kinda hurting for energy. Looked like an idiot walking over to the calf machine. My right leg completely gave out while walking and I ate sh*t right in the middle of the gym :aargh: Oh well

Chest/Tris today... will update later

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Chest and Tri day Yesterday
This was a Great workout even with the low weights.

Barbell Bench Press / Dumbell Flye (deep and slow) Supersets :
95 x 20 then 20 lb x 20 (warm up)
135 x 20 reps then 25 lbs x 15 (the pump and burn from this was ridiculous)
135 x 15 then 20 lbs x 15
135 x 15 then 20 lbs x 15
I was toast after that

Bodyweight Dips:
10 reps
8 reps
8 reps

Incline DB Press:
35 lbs x 20
45 x 17
50 x 14

Skull crushers (slow and controlled and pause at bottom)
60 x 15
70 x 10
50 x 20

Seated iso-lateral tricep extension machine (weigt not listed on the plates)
5 plates x 20
10 plates x 18
12 plates x 15
12 plates x 15

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
how are the high-rep squats and deads treating you?

i usually have to play dead in between sets of those.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
how are the high-rep squats and deads treating you?

i usually have to play dead in between sets of those.
Yeah after the high rep squats, I am smoked. But I feel like I am tightening up in just the short time I've been on this program. I've only done deads once since on this program and didn't give 100% because I was having a hard time "feeling" them and I wasn't in the zone. Tomorrow is Deads and I will be sufficiently caffeinated to ensure intensity.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh a workout thread, needed a break from the sex threads. Aye deads are good, get a really nice stretch and burn from them!! Can't wait to see how you do!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh a workout thread, needed a break from the sex threads. Aye deads are good, get a really nice stretch and burn from them!! Can't wait to see how you do!
yeah, i couldn't bring myself to get involved in that lube thread. i only handle so many gay animal jokes.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
LOL... Those sex threads wearing you out Christine?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im working sets of 15's right now. I must say deads are just not meant to go over 6 reps, lol. Squats arent too bad.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Back Day

Fukcen killed the sh*t today... Felt like Commando. On many of the sets, I felt like I could have done more but my grip strength was shot. When I started this program, I made the decision not to rely on straps so my forearms would be forced to grow.

Reverse flyes (rear delts on pec deck)
55 x 20
70 x 15
85 x 15

Off the Floor Deads
135 x 24
185 x 18
205 x 15
235 x 14 + 4

Barbell Rows
135 x 15
135 x 12
135 x 12
I could have done more on all these but my grip failed like a B*tch.

Hammer strength pull downs
70 lbs per side x 20
90 lbs per side x 15
90 lbs per side x 15

Wide Grip cable pulldowns
3 sets of 12

after the work out, I felt super pumped and I am already feeling stiff and sore

Lick me where I make brown :jaw:

Leggo

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
not bad buddy, get wrist straps to hold onto the weights there is no point making your workouts easy cuz you cant hold the weight instead do grip work seperate at end of workout nad use straps during most lifts or hard ones

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Yah I was using straps for my heavy sets before but decided to ditch them for a month or so

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder and Bi Day

Good workout today. Just coming off a 36 hour carb up which was fun. Yesterday, pre-carb up, body weight was 208. Today, after workout, I was at 211. I didn't entirely follow the high rep credo today though... Oh well, it was fun anyway

Rear delt machine
55 lbs x 20 reps
85 lbs x 18 reps
100 lbs x 12 reps
115 lbs x 8 reps

Side laterals
15 lbs x 20 reps
20 lbs x 15 reps
25 lbs x 8 reps
25 lbs x 8 reps

Smith machine Military Press
95 lbs x 20 reps
135 lbs 3 sets of 12 reps

Upright Barbell rows
65 lbs x 15 reps
95 lbs x 12 reps
105 lbs x 10 reps
95 lbs x 10 reps

Standing DB Curls
35 lbs 3 sets of 20 reps

Seated 2 arm dumbell curls on Incline
25 lbs x 15 reps
25 lbs x 12 reps

Hammer Strength preachers
65 lbs x 10
85 lbs x 10

Reverse straight bar curls (super slow accentric and concentric phases of each rep)
55 lbs 2 sets 10 reps

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
OK, quick rant here

Today was leg day and I freekin tore it up. As you all know, I have been training with moderate to light weight but high reps. Well, I was doing squats today and was doing 20 rep sets with 135lbs, always ass to the grass with a slow negative (tears me up every time). The 1st set with 135 was 25 reps and fried my thighs. Next to me there was this mouth breathing monkey head (typical gym bro) doing quarter squats for like 6-8 reps with 225 lbs (fag) and after my second set (20 reps), I was terribly out of breath and I noticed he looked over at me with a smirk on his stupid ugly face. That made my blood boil. I watched him do a set and I asked him if he called those squats... lol. He said he can't go deep because it hurts his lower back and knees. :toofunny: I told him he's using too much weight if he can't do it right and he said "Trust me, I know what I'm doing"

I actually laughed in his face and finished up with my last set.

Moral of the story: Mouth breathing ugly faced monkey head gym bros are nothing to get angry over... but definately somthing to laugh you ass off at!!!!!