1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Another bender is a scary proposition. All these long losts are back for thanksgiving and now christmas. I haven't seen these ****s the past 3-4 christmas', now they're all appearing. These people don't like to have a couple drinks, they want to get blitzkrieged out of control. At least I don't indulge in all the drugs they do. I have that last person standing mentality. I can never leave a party/bar until the bitter end, so I aint going out at all this go round.
    Yeah, I hear ya. My old friends are all about getting plowed although they've calmed down a little since most are married now. I was definitely playing "flippy cup" over the Thanks break with a bunch of 27-30 yos. If I drink much over 10 beers these days though I will be hung over for the entire next day. I used to drink 18-24 every weeknd night in college. Where's that old man emoticon?

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya. My old friends are all about getting plowed although they've calmed down a little since most are married now. I was definitely playing "flippy cup" over the Thanks break with a bunch of 27-30 yos. If I drink much over 10 beers these days though I will be hung over for the entire next day. I used to drink 18-24 every weeknd night in college. Where's that old man emoticon?
    Not sure how the hangover thing works. When I was 16-22 I would get blackout drunk at least twice a week, and the other 5 nights just mildly retarded. I never got a hangover, woke up a little silly, but was perfectly normal within an hour. I was a very heavy drinker, may have ****ed up some organs or something. From 23-27 I couldn't drink. After 2 beers I felt sick and just tired. Now, I'm rejuvenated, on that last bender I was drinking a fifth every night and waking up feeling great???? Whatever, I'm done with drinking, until summer at least. I should probably never drink, as I'm definitely an alcoholic, along with most of my family, luck of the Irish.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Yeah most of that sound familiar except I think I was about 2-3 years behind you in when my alcoholic phase started so I'm still in my antialcohol phase. I was definitely borderline alcoholic at 23, waking up embarassed/ashamed of my out of control behavior after every night of drinking. I couldn't go back...
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

I hear ya, man, so many people must hate us. First thing I say to people I haven't seen since back then is, "I'd like to apologize..................
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Have you taken any of the following supps? If so, give me a good, bad, not worth it, etc. rating.

X-factor
    HX2
    Drive
    IGF2
    Neovar (not a big CEE fan but just curious)

or anything else that you like.

I'm done with Clout. It's always been rough on my stomach, but it's became unbearable and at the worst times (with some new chick ).
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

Does Ms. "Big Dogg" know about this new chick? I wonder what in Clout is ****ing you up. What's in it, creatine/ba/cit malate? I have all those supps minus the HX2 and IGF2(but I have powerfull, similar I believe), but haven't used any of them yet. I'm gonna start X-factor soon, oh actually I started Neovar a week ago, but haven't noticed a whole lot yet. Does CEE mess up your tummy? I think it might screw with mine, but I haven't been able to pinpoint it for sure. Only supp that I can think of that I had really good luck with is Anabolic Pump. Good pumps, fullness, and increased strength. A lot of that could have to do with the increase in carbs, but I believe it is a solid product. I stopped taking Synthesize during my bender, but that seemed to be good stuff as well. Never got past 2 weeks with it so I can't say for sure. I'm definitely going to give it another go, it seemed promising. I know you like geranamine to some extent and NP is selling 60 mg caps at a ridiculous price. One of those caps and 3g l-tyro is a nasty pre-wo stack IMO. I've been using 2-3 adrenaline, but I'm switching to 1 NP geranamine cap, about to put in an order at the planet.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Clout has those and vinpocetine as well as few other things, but the creatine is actually tricreatine oritine (sp?). Not sure what causes the issues.

I never felt like CEE did much for me and it seemed to stress my kidneys (no proof of this though).

Yeah I think IGF-2 is similar to powerfull which was just ok IMO. I didn't get much from Anabolic Pump personally. Poly gave me some Incarnate that he didn't want so I'm trying that right now along with the adrenaline and some samples I have stockpiled.
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

If you've got some extra cash give Synthesize a shot. I think Avant is the real deal. Wordsworth sold me on them, and of course I read up on them quite a bit.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.95%

Clout has those and vinpocetine as well as few other things, but the creatine is actually tricreatine oritine (sp?). Not sure what causes the issues.

I never felt like CEE did much for me and it seemed to stress my kidneys (no proof of this though).

Yeah I think IGF-2 is similar to powerfull which was just ok IMO. I didn't get much from Anabolic Pump personally. Poly gave me some Incarnate that he didn't want so I'm trying that right now along with the adrenaline and some samples I have stockpiled.
    The clout tastes AWESOME, by the way. Maybe it was the sucralose or maltodextrin/dextrose that caused you some problems? Seeing as you don't ever seem to eat high GI sugars.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Polynomial View Post
    The clout tastes AWESOME, by the way. Maybe it was the sucralose or maltodextrin/dextrose that caused you some problems? Seeing as you don't ever seem to eat high GI sugars.
    Yeah Clout tastes a little off. I don't think it's the malto/dextrose. I eat fruit that has dextrose in it frequently so that shouldn't be an issue.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.95%

Yeah Clout tastes a little off. I don't think it's the malto/dextrose. I eat fruit that has dextrose in it frequently so that shouldn't be an issue.
    I wasn't being sarcastic about the taste...I think it's actually pretty good.
    I also noticed that Clout is really expensive on the mensports.com website. Did you buy it from there, or from some other vendor?

Do you still plan to build a log with your dad?
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Polynomial View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic about the taste...I think it's actually pretty good.
    I also noticed that Clout is really expensive on the mensports.com website. Did you buy it from there, or from some other vendor?

Do you still plan to build a log with your dad?
    To each his own. I've gotten it from nutraplanet and customnutritionwharehouse.com. It's like $35-40 but it worked well for me so I didn't mind paying that much.

My dad's been busy, but I'd still like to try and make one. We'll see what happens. Maybe they bought me one for Xmas.
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

sat-dyn lower

squat(14" box)-315-4x2

squat(16" box)-405-16 (55 secs)

GHR-(1 1/8" band)-13,10

Good workout. Jas, I can see why you just touch n go at that height. The box is not low enough to really sit 'back' on. I sat on them the best I could, but I have a feeling when I try your style next week I'll get similar results. Were you slamming down on it or just touching and going lightly?
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

I hit it moderately hard. I like to get a "bounce" at the bottom on squats without the box even so I lower the weight quickly and it's hard to know where the box is without a mirror (at least for a few reps). To be fair, I think everyone used knee wraps so you would certainly have won the event. Start training pvssy.

Edit: Rewatching the vid, I don't think I was hitting the box that hard. Kabuki's certainly right that it's not a good idea for spine to hit it too hard.
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

I hit it moderately hard. I like to get a "bounce" at the bottom on squats without the box even so I lower the weight quickly and it's hard to know where the box is without a mirror (at least for a few reps). To be fair, I think everyone used knee wraps so you would certainly have won the event. Start training pvssy.

Edit: Rewatching the vid, I don't think I was hitting the box that hard. Kabuki's certainly right that it's not a good idea for spine to hit it too hard.
    I was geared up for this one, Ito. Belt, knee sleaves, UFC redneck bandana and all. The sleaves aren't very tight. I'm going to by some wraps. Do you think you would've benefited from going a little slower in the beginning?
  16. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I was geared up for this one, Ito. Belt, knee sleaves, UFC redneck bandana and all. The sleaves aren't very tight. I'm going to by some wraps. Do you think you would've benefited from going a little slower in the beginning?
    What are you fave knee wraps Alex? I need to invest in a good pair. I just bought myself a nice Inzer 13mm PR Belt for X-Mas, figured I could buy some more to complete a set.
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

Never really used knee wraps. I have some knee sleaves from prowristwraps, but I don't think they lend that much support. I'm going to buy some Inzer knee wraps, not sure which kind yet though.

Our contest is going to be raw, correct? Or were you planning to use a deadlift suit?
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Raw
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Raw, I'm way too ****ing poor for a Dead suit.
  20. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Raw, I'm way too ****ing poor for a Dead suit.
    Cool, I thought you had one at one point, or maybe you were borrowing one.
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

sun-dyn upper

inc bench-205#-4x3, 315#x8

flyes-80#-2 sets 12

cable rows(w/ avg band)80#-15,12

will return a little later to do some standing military's and tri's.
  22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

sun-late mini session

standing military's-185#-9, 7

incline cable tri ext-80#- 12, 10

that's all. those standing military's are a mother****er. They gassed me real bad, could've been that I had already trained earlier, but damn.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

What are you doing pressing twice in one day? Some day when you're looking for variation try dumbell standing military. It's intense.
  24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Cool, I thought you had one at one point, or maybe you were borrowing one.
    Yeah, this WPO (?), I think, cannot remember which org., he lifted for now, but nevertheless this Professional PL'er named Sean Brown I used to lift with gave a Titan to me (he was sponsored). That was for a 200lb'er+ which needless to say is to big for me now.
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

What are you doing pressing twice in one day? Some day when you're looking for variation try dumbell standing military. It's intense.
    I don't know what the hell I was doing. Standing military's to below chin are so much harder than behind the neck presses. At one point I could do btn presses to hairline with 275 for 5 or so. I'd love to be able to standing military 275, but that will take quite some time I believe. I'll give the dumbell's a shot. You may have seen them listed in a few of my workouts, but I was doing one arm at a time and holding a post with my other hand.
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

Yeah, this WPO (?), I think, cannot remember which org., he lifted for now, but nevertheless this Professional PL'er named Sean Brown I used to lift with gave a Titan to me (he was sponsored). That was for a 200lb'er+ which needless to say is to big for me now.
    How many #'s approximately would you say it added to your dead? Are you planning on staying around 175 for a while or are you going to slowly creep back towards 200?
  27. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

How many #'s approximately would you say it added to your dead? Are you planning on staying around 175 for a while or are you going to slowly creep back towards 200?
    I'd say ~30-45lbs. I am not sure if that is atypical or less than most. I know that I hadn't really learned to use it properly. Wicked suit though.

There is a PL Comp in the Niagara Region where I live in a few months, and if I can keep progressing back to my 200-level Deads at 170-175, I think I have a chance. But, my three-lift total is f'ing horrible.
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

I'd say ~30-45lbs. I am not sure if that is atypical or less than most. I know that I hadn't really learned to use it properly. Wicked suit though.

There is a PL Comp in the Niagara Region where I live in a few months, and if I can keep progressing back to my 200-level Deads at 170-175, I think I have a chance. But, my three-lift total is f'ing horrible.
    What is the weight limit that you would be close to, cut a little to 165? Where is your bench and squat at these days?
  29. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

tues-max lower

rack deads(mid-cap)-775#

GHR- 26, 22- gotta keep up with Buki on these

band hip work

Good workout. What are some good exercises for quads, that don't bother the knees?
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Damn 775 is huge. I can't hang on these at all.

The pause squats I did Sat. hit my quads well. Front squats?
  31. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

Well, your training is geared in a different direction, kind of. I'm sure you could pull some big numbers, but maybe you're hesitant because of your back.

I'll give the pausers a shot. Front squats are good. Only problem with them is that my breathing fails before my legs/lower back do.
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Naw, I just can't pull. Training or not. Do you hold you're front squats properly or in the crossed arm position? I always have to cross and never feel like my numbers are representative of my strength in the movement.
  33. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

What is the weight limit that you would be close to, cut a little to 165? Where is your bench and squat at these days?
    Yeah, I would be close to 165. I could cut there easy.

I'm not sure where my max for either are right now, and it's hard to gauge off of reps. I only do 20 rep sets for Squats, because I hate big legs. Right now I'm doing 215 x 20 for those. Not sure on Bench, I'll give them both a heavy go this week.

The Provincial Record for 165 DL is somewhere around 635 I believe.
  34. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

tues-max lower

rack deads(mid-cap)-775#

GHR- 26, 22- gotta keep up with Buki on these

band hip work

Good workout. What are some good exercises for quads, that don't bother the knees?
    I do some core-strengthening/balance/quad work on those half-stabilizer balls at times. The ones which are cut in half and connected to a piece of wood, not sure if you know what I mean. Anyway, I extend a 45lb out with my arms and do incredibly deep and slow squats. It's good for the flexors and balance as well. Helps me stay stable in my deep squats.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.18%

Mullet, I thought all your weights would be in kilograms up there? Are they all in lb?
  36. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Mullet, I thought all your weights would be in kilograms up there? Are they all in lb?
    They're in kg, but I just find it easier to speak to people in lbs. Instead of saying that I'm 77kg, it's just easier to say lbs.
  37. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

thurs-max upper

incline bench-365x2

dips-22,20,16(30 sec rest periods)

one arm cable rows(w/ chains)-3 sets

lateral raises

Was hoping to get 4-5 on the inclines, didn't happen.
  38. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

They're in kg, but I just find it easier to speak to people in lbs. Instead of saying that I'm 77kg, it's just easier to say lbs.
    So when you say you're doing 405, really it's 396
  39. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%

Naw, I just can't pull. Training or not. Do you hold you're front squats properly or in the crossed arm position? I always have to cross and never feel like my numbers are representative of my strength in the movement.
    I cross them as well. What other way is their to do it, wrist breakers?
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.95%

I cross them as well. What other way is their to do it, wrist breakers?
    I found this tidbit about it in some book.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 114
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 09:39 AM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:35 AM
  3. Where to get diet/training log?
    By pcn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 03:16 AM
  4. Strength training for children