Iron's "work in progress" Log...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
This is like what...?...my 3rd attempt at a workout log...?...

I want to use this to help keep my on track. Help educate others. Give me ideas. Help shape my routine, diet, etc.

Today will be my 4th straight day out of the gym, as I just had some minor surgery on my hand this past Friday and I am going to get back into the swing of things tomorrow...

I am training in a high volume style at the moment, 2 on 1 off, but I like to change things up with both exercises rep schemes, routines and training styles pretty often.

As of last week, I was doing something like this:
Chest/Tris
Legs
OFF
Delts/Traps/Forearms
Back/Bis
OFF
Repeat

My diet breakdown is currently somewhere around 3500cals, 45P/35C/20F.

I am supplementing with AP, P-Slin, SuperCissus, Glucosamine, a Multi, Fish Oil, some type of stim in the morning (RPM or StimX2.0, currently at half doses).

I am sitting around 210lbs, 5'11"...

And I should have full use of my hand again a week from today, but I will be doing as much as I can this week...mostly in the form of machines...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe this one will last lol...

what did you have surgery for?

AP and Pslin? hows that going? ive never tried any of these insulin mimickers yet.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll be watching it for as long as it lasts.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm not committing it to a certain type of routine or a certain 'supplement' so it should last a while...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been messing with different training styles for as long as i can remember but I started DC then i kind of made my own style with alot of the DC principles. Its still in its beginning stages until i get what i want.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
i'm starting to think that DC is a bit dangerous...i really don't like the idea of doing 1-3 reps 15 seconds after my last set on a hammer strength machine.
anyways good luck PI, im doing the same split right now just not 2 on 1 off (cuz i've been partying too fcking much on weekends to hit the gym)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
mfbb, I def. feel ya...did up the iggles game last night. even though it was a loss, it was a great time.

...hurting a little today, but i'll shake it and i'm back in the gym this afternoon!!!

4 days feels like an eternity!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
if this log makes it past 2 pgs...congrats!

i wanna see some sick #'s....tear sh!t up son.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
...hurting a little today, but i'll shake it and i'm back in the gym this afternoon!!!

4 days feels like an eternity!
Back in the gym this afternoon? :eek: :sick: I wonder if I should try and do the same...:think:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
9/18

Incline BB Bench
185x12, 225x8, 255x6, 275x2, 225x6, 185x7
...no rest between last 3 sets

Bodyweight dips
20, 18, 15, 12

Single Leg Seated Calf Raises (Plate Loaded)
2x18, 18, 18, 18 each

Smith CG Bench
185x 8, 225x8, 6, 4, 4, 2

Swiss Ball Crunches

Pec Deck
160x12, 200x12, 225x10

...felt good.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
9/19

BW: 212.4

Single Leg Press: (Plates,each)
6x8, 8x8, 10x8

Single leg calf raises (set up from above, each):
10x18, 18, 18, 18

Seated Single Leg Curls:
150x12, 180x10, 210x 8

Swiss Ball Crunches:
50, 50, 50

Single Leg Extensions:
150x8, 180x8, 210x8

Abductor work
Adductor work

For some reason or another I wanted to do some Isolation work on my legs...

But I felt good today..but we shall see how i end up using my hand for shoulders, bis and back in the next few days...

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Iron has ANOTHER log? :think:

I'm in! :thumbsup:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
interested to see how your progress/ which directions you decide to go in your training. Subscribed, and good luck bro

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Another day, another dollar...

9/21

BW: 213.6

Seated BB Military:
135x12, 205x8, 225x4, 255x2, 225x1, 205x1, 185x5
...no rest between last 4 sets

DB Shrugs:
100x20, 20, 20

Seated Iso Calf Raises: (Leg Press Machine)
225x18, 255x14, 285x14

Reverse Pec Deck:
150x12, 180x10, 220x8

Swiss Ball Crunches:
50, 50, 50

Seated Military Press (Machine):
225x8, 270x8, 330x6

- I felt decent with the grip on the DB shrugs, no ill effects with the stitches in my hand.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
9/22

BW: 213.6

D-Bar Lat Pulldowns:
180x8, 220x8, 260x 8

Standing Preacher Curls:
75x12, 95x8, 115x6

Bent Over Rows:
135x12, 225x8, 6, 4

Standing Calf Raises:
500x12, 580x12, 625x12
...the stack only goes to 580 so I had to rig it up with an extra 45 for the final set.

Single Arm Cable Rows: (each)
80x8, 120x 8, 8

Iso Cable Lat Pulldowns:
150x8, 180x8, 210x8

Concentration curls: (each)
30x8, 35x8, 40x8, 35x6, 30x6
...no rest between last 3 sets

Hanging Leg Raises:
12, 12, 12

10 minute elliptical cool down.

- Grip felts okay, a little blood in my bandage, but nothing bad. They come out on Monday!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I might start a 5 day split next week...anyone wanna talk me into or out of this?

Something like tue-sat: Chest, Back, Arms, Legs, Delts/Traps...

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
are you still travelling alot for your job? might not be so great as far as time and energy levels........

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
mace, just a 45min~1hr commute each way...not bad.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
This week I'm going to jump over to a 5/2 routine, hitting every muscle group on an individual day. High volume, starting with heavy compound movements and finishing with isolation work.

Abs/Calves will be worked everyday. Short (10-20 minutes) cardio post workout...Sat/Sun will be up off or maybe some longer cardio if I feel like it.

I want to up my caloric intake as soon as I workout the new diet, to about 4000cals.

And I've been thinking about doing a 3/2 routine, working all muscle groups in those three days...thoughts?

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
i would stick with the 5/2 classic split like bodybuilders have been doing for years. i'm thinking about going back to that...or giving dc another shot with a push/pull/legs split.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
why not 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off?

MT TF?

you sound like you want to grow, this allows you to hit the muscles more often but with ample rest between

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just came in here to call PI a pussy and then leave.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
why not 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off?

MT TF?

you sound like you want to grow, this allows you to hit the muscles more often but with ample rest between
I've always felt I get better results from higher volume.

I do want to grow, but I don't like that much time off.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
9/24

BW: ...???...

Inc BB Bench:
185x10, 245x8, 275x 4, 1, 1, 225x4, 185x 6

Flat DB Bench:
100x8, 8, 6
...15 second negative on last rep of final 2 sets

Seated Calf Raises: (plates)
4x8, 5x8, 6x8

Pullovers:
90x8, 100x8, 6

Dec Cable Flys:
70x8, 90x8, 110x8
...supersetting with bench crunches (25, 25, 25)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
i would stick with the 5/2 classic split like bodybuilders have been doing for years. i'm thinking about going back to that...or giving dc another shot with a push/pull/legs split.
I think I'm going to for a while. I got some nice pumps today.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Nice Looking log PI good luck, I'm following

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This week I'm going to jump over to a 5/2 routine, hitting every muscle group on an individual day. High volume, starting with heavy compound movements and finishing with isolation work.

Abs/Calves will be worked everyday. Short (10-20 minutes) cardio post workout...Sat/Sun will be up off or maybe some longer cardio if I feel like it.

I want to up my caloric intake as soon as I workout the new diet, to about 4000cals.

And I've been thinking about doing a 3/2 routine, working all muscle groups in those three days...thoughts?
PI about the log, dont feel bad, ive been trying different training methods for quite some time tryin to find what works best for me right now....its all part of the process. Workout logs are overrated anyway lol j/k

3/2..i think i remember reading that is HVT. They say it works seems like it would put quite the stress on the body for three days and completely devote those 2 days off to recovery. I think its one of those routines where you would have to play it day to day to make sure you dont overtrain as far as volume goes.

Mfbb, i was thinking the same for DC, push/pull/legs. Great minds think alike.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
thought was subbed guess not. now i am booyaaa

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
9/25

BW: ...???... (tomorrow)

Conventional Deads:
225x8, 315x8, 405x8, 455x4, 1, 1
...Straps and belt on 405 and 455

WG Pulldowns:
180x8, 210x8, 240x6

Single Leg Calf Raises (seated leg press machine):
225x12, 270x12, 315x12
...each

Bent over rows:
135x8, 185x8, 235x8
...i'm always timid on these because I have thrown my back out before performing these after deads

RG Pulldowns:
195x8, 210x8

Swiss Ball Crunches:
50, 50, 50

-My hand only bothered me a little on the deads, everything else, it felt great.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
nice i havent done a real deadlift in a long time ive been doing SLDL and rack deads and stuff dying to knocout some full reps. never tried with a belt wondering how it might help me hopeing for best

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
The reason I feel a belt in necessary is 2-fold. First, it helps with overall stabilization. Second, my back muscles are stonger then my vertibrate, it would seem, and I have in the past been able to throw my back out just lifting more than I could handle.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
The reason I feel a belt in necessary is 2-fold. First, it helps with overall stabilization. Second, my back muscles are stonger then my vertibrate, it would seem, and I have in the past been able to throw my back out just lifting more than I could handle.
gotcha. yea like in my old videos i used to make most of my deads were almost sldl at max weight haha im still working on form but again havent done full deads in some time

im gonna lower rack deads to about shin height right below my knee is giving me no leg drive at my height

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
that explosiveness that your hamstrings provide is huge...

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
that explosiveness that your hamstrings provide is huge...
what are you referring to exactly. that doing them from shins is good or doing them from right below kneecap is good?

plz just clarify thanks.

and my avi says

its actually really corny i should adjust it to say something nice

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
That girls legs are sick...I would like her to have my babies.

...and I was referring to DL's from the ground, mid shin you get some hamstring work, but mostly back, core and hips, at the knees you completely take them out.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
9/26

BW: 212.5

Standing Oly Bar curls:
95x10, 135x8, 155x4, 115x10
...yep I did them in the squat rack.

Single arm concentration curls (on preacher):
30x8, 35x8, 40x8

Single Leg Smith Calf Raises:
225x8, 8, 8

Dips (BW + 90):
10, 9, 8

Single Arm Cable Pulldowns (and out):
70x10, 80x10, 90x10

Hanging Leg Raises:
12, 12, 12

-Forearms worked during grip for Leg Raises, I didn't use those sleeves.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've always worked up to heavier weights without a belt. Then if I am really pushing it I play it safe and use a belt.

PI, if you were to do a 5/2 split what body parts would you hit and on what days? I recently tried (goal was to get some arm growth):

Day 1: Bi's/tri's
Day 2: Shoulders/traps
Day 3: Quads/hams
Day 4: Back/bi's
Day 5: Chest/tris

I only did that split for 5 weeks and now I am on a 4/2 type split without the day devoted solely to arms.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
That girls legs are sick...I would like her to have my babies.

...and I was referring to DL's from the ground, mid shin you get some hamstring work, but mostly back, core and hips, at the knees you completely take them out.
no doubt fully agree. but arent those what im doing rack deads? im doing them right i think?

not sure why DC calls or at least my DC method calls for rack deads and SLDL but no romanians and normals or sumos

nice workout tooo building grip strength is always fun

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
NYC you can do reg. deads with DC. I believe DC just suggests racks to take the hams out of it a little more and to overload the back with heavy a$$ weight.