DC Training Log

Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    when you come back around to workout 1a for instance you should beat your last 1a workout weight/reps. If you cant you have to pick a new excercise to replace it. DC makes it easy to monitor weights and reps as well because you only do one real workset. I cant wait for my workouts to come back around so i can try to beat them.

mfbb, i was just asking how you know what weight to use for your workset. Is 70% of a 1 rep max a good number or do you just go by what you think you can get at that rep range? I dont want to try a weight to light or to heavy and waste my set.

trail and error i guess?
    thanx UNC...tryin my best here lol
    yea pretty much trial and error. sometimes i end up going a little lighter than planned but with the rest pausing it still toasts the muscle pretty good. like you said next time you get around to that exercise you have to beat it either by reps or weight to it is really motivating.

2. Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    yea so like whats the goal with this..

to bump the weight up. or more so beat the reps you got beforehand on other workouts?

or of coures just do both right

when do you move up a weight. thats what i have no idea one this routine. the goal is like 8 reps first set right? i did more then 8 reps for some things so i should bump up alittle?
    It really depends. If the last time you did the specific workout you were at say the bottom of your rep range(11rp) you could keep weight the same and try to beat the logbook via reps. I always try and beat it by atleast 2 reps. When i get to the upper limit of where i want to be in rep range, i add weight. However sometimes if i got like 13rp last time, i will add a small amount of weight, and still try and beat it by 2 reps or so.

Check out my epistane log.. I have to update it but it will show you more or less when i was adding weight and why.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    It really depends. If the last time you did the specific workout you were at say the bottom of your rep range(11rp) you could keep weight the same and try to beat the logbook via reps. I always try and beat it by atleast 2 reps. When i get to the upper limit of where i want to be in rep range, i add weight. However sometimes if i got like 13rp last time, i will add a small amount of weight, and still try and beat it by 2 reps or so.

Check out my epistane log.. I have to update it but it will show you more or less when i was adding weight and why.
    gotcha ok cool

GUYS MY BODY HURTS

FEELS GREAT.. well lat pain doenst but most body feels nice and abused !!! grow me grow

4. yea bro DC fcuks up ur lats...they never get sore only from DC

I'm assuming ur from the city??...cuz I hail from the Dirty Jerzee

5. Well, I hail from both
    •   

6. yup NYC. manhattan. howfar u away?

7. i'm from north jersey like 15 mins from newark

8. pp - for rest pause, I'd do 80% of my max for the first set shooting for 8 reps (depending on fatigue level). The 70% weight you could do around 13-15 reps with so it'd be too light for a rest pause set. After the first workout you can tweak it to fit your style

mfbb - how long does your chest/shoulders/tri/back workout last? how long do you normally rest between exercises?

9. Quote Originally Posted by scorpiond View Post
    pp - for rest pause, I'd do 80% of my max for the first set shooting for 8 reps (depending on fatigue level). The 70% weight you could do around 13-15 reps with so it'd be too light for a rest pause set. After the first workout you can tweak it to fit your style
    Really depends on muscle group, and exercise. For example on some shoulder, ham, and tri movements I do a bit higher rep ranges for saftey sake. Also when you do DB movements rep ranges should be a bit higher(20-30rp range)

I am in and out of there in a little over an hour in my chest/delt/tri/back day.

10. i'm in there abt an hour as well...i take as much time as I need so prob like 5 mins between work sets

11. day 2c...kicked some ass today
    my hammer preacher curls suck for some reason but whatev

hammer preacher curl- 100 x 9-5-2-static (felt great)
    Reverse 1 arm cable curl- 45 x 12
    stretch
    leg press calve raise on machine (subbed this for seated raises) 195x22
    Stiff Leg Deadlift- 225x12
    stretch
    Leg Press- 20 plates x 10 10 plates x 22 (thats more like it)
    strech

12. Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    day 2c...kicked some ass today
    my hammer preacher curls suck for some reason but whatev

hammer preacher curl- 100 x 9-5-2-static (felt great)
    Reverse 1 arm cable curl- 45 x 12
    stretch
    leg press calve raise on machine (subbed this for seated raises) 195x22
    Stiff Leg Deadlift- 225x12
    stretch
    Leg Press- 20 plates x 10 10 plates x 22 (thats more like it)
    strech
    not bad not bad. just finished my 2a workout too
    did horrible on the squatting part of it haha

13. it happens my man just keep pushin...ur upper body weights look good u just need to really push urself more on the legs and get to absolute failure

14. Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    it happens my man just keep pushin...ur upper body weights look good u just need to really push urself more on the legs and get to absolute failure
    yea man. i mean the 225x6 wasnt that bad. although still sucks for someone my size.

but the 135x13. shiiit i was only doing 1-2 reps at a time all the way from rep 1 to 13. then at 13 my back starting to spaz or cramp or something and i was like nah im done dont wanna take chance of hurting something

maybe my back hurt from leaning to far foward or back while at the top resting btw reps?

15. Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    yea man. i mean the 225x6 wasnt that bad. although still sucks for someone my size.

but the 135x13. shiiit i was only doing 1-2 reps at a time all the way from rep 1 to 13. then at 13 my back starting to spaz or cramp or something and i was like nah im done dont wanna take chance of hurting something

maybe my back hurt from leaning to far foward or back while at the top resting btw reps?
    do u use a belt?
    and thats why i like to use the smith machine for my 20 repper...i feel its easier to rest when need be...i did my leg presses with 5 plates per side 22 reps w/o rest which was pretty sick but its easier on the leg sled

16. Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post

Ahh.. just saw this.. Definetly don't want to get hurt. You drinking enough water?

Keep up the good work..

17. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Ahh.. just saw this.. Definetly don't want to get hurt. You drinking enough water?

Keep up the good work..
    enuff water should be fine.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    do u use a belt?
    and thats why i like to use the smith machine for my 20 repper...i feel its easier to rest when need be...i did my leg presses with 5 plates per side 22 reps w/o rest which was pretty sick but its easier on the leg sled
    yes using a belt. cuz im trying to get used to it. im starting to like it but it might be making me not as strong persay ya know.

and yes i decided not to do smith squats and so thats my punishment 13reps gahh. i feel fine now no pain anywhere

18. Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    enuff water should be fine.
    thanks

yes using a belt. cuz im trying to get used to it. im starting to like it but it might be making me not as strong persay ya know.

and yes i decided not to do smith squats and so thats my punishment 13reps gahh. i feel fine now no pain anywhere
    i personally always use a belt and knee wraps on failure sets for legs. it never held me back. ppl can call me a puss but i have good sized wheels and i'm no longer experiencing back and knee pain. all the old school guys i talk to say they regret not wrapping and using belts when they were younger so i heed that advice.

19. i just realized widowmakers are only done once a rotation im gonna miss them haha

20. i do them for every leg exercise but i'm not sure if thats correct??

21. Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    i do them for every leg exercise but i'm not sure if thats correct??
    well you didnt mention that in your routine post

SO UPDATE it again right now if you dont mind showing everything you actually do :clean:

pasted this for ya
    Day 1a
    Incline Smith
    Smith Millitary Press
    Skullcrusher
    Rack Chins
    Rack Deads

Day 1b
    Hammer Incline
    Hammer Behind the Neck Press
    Close Grip Bench in Smith
    Front Lat Pulldown
    Corner T-Bar Row

1c
    Incline BB
    DB Shoulder Press
    Reverse(close) bench in smith
    Hammer Underhand Pulldown
    BB Rows

Day 2a
    BB Curl
    Hammer Curl
    Calf raise on hack squat
    Lying Leg Curl
    Squat
    Smith Squat Widowmaker

2b
    Incline DB Curl
    Reverse EZ Curl
    Standing Calf Raise
    Seated Leg Curl
    Hack Squat

2c
    Hammer preacher curl
    1 arm reverse cable curl
    Seated Calf raise
    Stiff Leg Dead
    Leg Press

22. i do widowmakers on the hack squat and leg press after the normal 6-10 repper....i just indicated smith squat widowmakers bc im using a different machine (which dc said is fine)
    sorry for the mix up

23. Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    i do widowmakers on the hack squat and leg press after the normal 6-10 repper....i just indicated smith squat widowmakers bc im using a different machine (which dc said is fine)
    sorry for the mix up
    ok i didnt know this. soo widowmakers on each legday ok

im dying to try zerkers haha front squats hurt shoulders. we shall see next leg day

and o yea since this is workout 3. according to you i think you then take 2 days off and resume?

so its

workout, off, workout, off, workout, off off, repeat?

24. yep i train monday wednesday friday and off all the others....but i suppose u could do tue thru sat if that works better

25. wow. dc does hurt. its been days since 1c and im still hurting. Here is an example of a workset i did, this is for back thickness. Hammer Iso row 4platesx8x6x6x6x3 is that to many sets. Alot of my worksets have been this way where my next set is near the same reps as my first. Not exactly as mentioned as supposing to be half the first set. Is this ok.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Masonmarin's First Training Log, IF / DC style Bulk!!
    By masonmarin18 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 02:05 AM
  2. DC training log - lets get it on!
    By Random181 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
  3. Distilled Water DC training log.......i'm getting huge
    By Distilled Water in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
  4. First Day of DC Training