DC Training Log
- 08-19-2007, 01:37 PM
- 08-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Brutal, he's speaking the truth. This is what I have found and needed more time off to recoup.
That picture doesn't work for me for some reason can you upload it here? It is possible to attach it to a post.
08-19-2007, 02:41 PM
08-20-2007, 02:53 PM
completed workout 2b...good workout weight went up and I look like I'm getting more thick and dense
Incline Db Curl- 40 x 10-5-3
Reverse Ez Curl- 60 x 15
Standing Calve Raise- 180 x 12
Seated Leg Curl- 135 x 12-7-5
BB Squat- 370 x 7
Smith Squat - 225x20
stretch (finally got the leg stretch down and it fcukin hurts)
08-21-2007, 04:31 AM
so the incline db curls are rest pause
rev ez curl is straight set
calve raise is straight set
leg curls are rest paused
squats straight set?
smiths for widowmaker
1.are all reps focused on slow negatives, or which ones are and arent?
2. as far as the rest pause for leg curls i thought the next set is about half the prior, i dont follow that exact either but are you going to failure on each rest pause?
3. what kind of reps are you doing for the both squats?
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
1. everything is a controlled negative but I don't count. DC said he regrets telling ppl to do a 6-10 sec negative. I just focus on keeping it controlled. i think heavy squats, rows, and deads aren't as slow as they should be but for those i just go at my own pace.
2. for some reason on leg curls i end up getting a lot of reps bc i don't use very heavy weight and my hams respond well to higher reps. i guess my hams recover faster than my other body parts? but dc says he wants almost 30 reps RP total for hams so it works out
3. squats are done 4-8 reps...hacks and leg presses are done 6-10 reps and i do the 20 repper for every exercise
everything is rest paused except quads, back thickness, calves, forearms and stiffleg deads.
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Can you explain what "rest- paused" clearly means, this phrase causes me some confusion though I believe I have been doing it.
Much Love and nice log!
08-21-2007, 08:40 PM
rest-paused in this context (which is the only way I've heard it used) is take a set to failure (usually 8-10 reps), then rack the weight, then take 12-15 deep breaths and do another set right away to failure(usually is about half of the previous set), then repeat one more time (12-15 breathes, then another set)
hope that helps
08-21-2007, 10:38 PM
08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Good log so far. Keep up the good work!
To the other people wanting to learn about DC. Read as much as you can, and ask questions. Because if you are not doing it right, you are not doing DC. I see allot of people doing weird ****, that goes against allot of what he says, or just doing it wrong, and then wonder why they are not getting the results others are getting.. It is better to have it laid down right before you even get into it.
08-22-2007, 09:07 AM
08-22-2007, 10:54 AM
08-22-2007, 12:01 PM
You "should" feel it. Don't forget the extreme fascia stretching which is a large part of this
This DC training grinds me to the bone, but maybe just cause I'm noob It's hardcore.
Intensity is what you make it? try heavier weights with slower TUT?
08-22-2007, 12:40 PM
08-22-2007, 12:45 PM
08-22-2007, 02:12 PM
piston i would stick to the 6-10 rep range to failure except for ham curls and skullcrushers in which case i would go upwards of 10-12 reps to failure...
copleted 1c today...DC is hard with freeweights and this is def my hardest day
weights went up from last week so things look good
Incline BB- 225 x 8-5-2
DB Shoulder Press- 80 x 10-4-2
Reverse Grip Bench in Smith- 215 x 11-7-4
Hammer Underhand Pulldown- 2 45's+ 2 10's per side x 9-5-4
BB Row 230x10
i might have to change this workout around bc its so fcukin hard with all the freeweights and then underhand pulldowns which kill my bb rows
08-22-2007, 02:46 PM
i know i read somewhere that your not supposed to do flat barbell benching cuz its hard on shoulders
but incline barbell benching hurts my shoulders more then flat. flat doesnt bother me at all anymore nad havent tried incline barbell in a few months.. soo thats like doenst make any sense
08-22-2007, 02:53 PM
08-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Smith Millitary Press
humm looks delicious. but im scared
all negaties are 2-3 seconds and postivies are explosive?
BREAth inbtw sets and then cont to failure
and do stretchings btw each exercises.. sound good?
alright just did day 1. post is here Nycste workout log
stil not sure if i did rack chins correctly gotta find those videos again
08-22-2007, 09:17 PM
You can do the stretches after each muscle group, or do all of them at the end, or do chest shoulders triceps, then the stretches for those three, then back w and back th, then the back stretch.
Good luck and have fun.
08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
08-23-2007, 01:19 AM
bro ur gunna love it it's a lot of fun tryin to beat the logbook...i can't wait to do with with 500mgs of test and 40 of dianabol helpin me
08-23-2007, 01:31 AM
08-23-2007, 02:16 AM
to bump the weight up. or more so beat the reps you got beforehand on other workouts?
or of coures just do both right
when do you move up a weight. thats what i have no idea one this routine. the goal is like 8 reps first set right? i did more then 8 reps for some things so i should bump up alittle?
08-23-2007, 04:47 AM
mfbb, i was just asking how you know what weight to use for your workset. Is 70% of a 1 rep max a good number or do you just go by what you think you can get at that rep range? I dont want to try a weight to light or to heavy and waste my set.
trail and error i guess?
Similar Forum Threads
- By masonmarin18 in forum Workout LogsReplies: 110Last Post: 11-08-2012, 01:05 AM
- By Random181 in forum Workout LogsReplies: 12Last Post: 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
- By Distilled Water in forum Workout LogsReplies: 73Last Post: 10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum Training ForumReplies: 19Last Post: 04-16-2004, 02:12 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum Training ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 12-17-2003, 03:32 AM